• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ECRC Event #4 - GameUnicon 09: S.N.E.S. Tournament - August 2009 - MA

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
If this is in the Hynes (Which it sounds like it will be now?), the attached buildings house a mall and several hotels, and there are 3 or 4 other hotels within a 10 minute walk.

There's an Abercrombie in the Prudential Center, which is attached to the Hynes, IIRC.

I could try to house people for this, although I think I have room for like... 1 other person. My house be small.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer

Vyse, hostels arent a big thing in the US, everyones houses are larger anyway
Amen. I didn't think there would be that many since, well, Hostels are more of a Australia/Europe thing.

Oh, he said Hostels. I honestly thought it was a typo. ^^; Anyway as far as I am aware there are no hostels in the Boston area.

Fix'd, too.
Haha, I woulda thought so too.
I'm sure if I were to come to America for this, I'd just follow Caotic like a lost Woxy : 3

http://www.hostels.com/en/findabed.php?ChosenCity=Boston&ChosenCountry=USA

hostels.com ftw. It was a real lifesaver when I went to Italy.
So...expensive =_=

I appreciate it man, I know where to look next time :laugh:

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
ill try my best to make my family want to go to boston for holidays, my dad will hopefully drive me to that Venue

and then hopefully ill see you^^
but somebody i know has gotta come to like Tero or someone whos german so he can kontakt my dad telling him stuff and all infos hes got to know

im only gonna be 15 then, so im not allowed to do ANYTHING at all by myself >_> even though i did once^^ that was dangerous

Tero.

Smash Champion
ill try my best to make my family want to go to boston for holidays, my dad will hopefully drive me to that Venue

and then hopefully ill see you^^
but somebody i know has gotta come to like Tero or someone whos german so he can kontakt my dad telling him stuff and all infos hes got to know

im only gonna be 15 then, so im not allowed to do ANYTHING at all by myself >_> even though i did once^^ that was dangerous
haha lol yeah if i come ^^

what the hell i just realized im only 20 years old next summer ?
So no alcohol for me in america ? lol wtf usa srsly

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i really dont think theres a need for any housing situations to be talked of yet -_-
its almost a year away

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
so wait. John, in the English language, was unofficially given a definition by phanna.

are we keeping the pronoun the adjective in other languages too? I feel like that would get lost in translation. having Juan doesn't make sense, because Juan =/= John.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
And yet, by changing the adjective slightly as to make it sound foreign, we can still convey the same message.

I was joking : P

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Milktea, if you and me can both show up...

Let's mm for the best girl smasher title :o (active players ofc) If I have money for this ride, I'm sure I have 2-5$ for a munny match. ;)

And you need to play some friendlies against me too. :chuckle:
Wait what, so you and milktea are the only girl smashers? lol what...

Either way this is in Boston so I'll probably be coming to this, can't exactly say yes since it's a year away.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'm likely to go, there's far too many people I need to catch up with in the EC

wubs u all <3

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Oh, **** this isn't 100% confirmed. Confirm it soon so you can make a list of housing peoples and such.

MimicMew

Smash Apprentice
German
"keine Johns" (Thanks AE)
Translation - "no Johns"

Japanese
"ジョンズ禁止"("Johns kinnshi") (<--not sure if anyone can see this)
Translation - "Johns ban"

Italian
"Johns non ammessi"
Translation - "Johns not allowed"

I know there might be better ways to say "No Johns", but I just chose ways that I think are closest to the original (English).

AE.

Smash Cadet
well,there are 4 languages in switzerland.german,french,italian and reto romansh.

ive been living in the germanspeaking part of the country.

:D

AE.

Smash Cadet
no,kids are being taught the 3 main languages (german,french,italian) very early.
->i speak them all three.

but lets not get offtopic here :)

Tero.

Smash Champion
Actually in germany we say "No Johns" most of the time, we dont translate the "no".
Yeah whatever, try to find a fix date so we can look for cheap flights (lol cheap ... not)

Top Bottom