• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eastern Washington Bi-Weeklies! ~Next Tourney~ [11/17/07]

Kamaji

Smash Ace
Faceburger...? Hmm... Anyway I own at marth dittos, I always come back from a near 4-stock when I'm playing casey, and adam and mine's are always pretty close. A marth dittofest sounds like so much fun! Better not tell pat though, he'll cry.

I think we should have a tourney sometime this week or on saturday so everyone can come and get ready for the dan.

I'm up for smashing today if anyone wants to? When you guys wake up and read this you should give me a call.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Aye, a SpoMarth is Pat's worse nightmare.
I might be down for another smashfest this weekend.
I'd like to smash with ya Nick, but Blake is on his way out right now and we're gonna smash at my place. You could come by if you wanted.
Or anyone else if they're old enough to say they watched the original Batman the Animated Series on TV when it first aired, and still remember it. Because instead of smash, that's all I'm doing. Watchin' Batman. ooooyeah

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
I believe Marth dittos show one thing
how good you are at marth dittos

because marth counters marth
and it's just ridiculously easy sometimes to win a marth ditto without trying.

Chip.

you know what to do
As M2K puts it: "Marth dittos are random. . ."

Marth dittos prove nothing at who's better at using Marth but who's best vs another Marth.

I have a ridiculous amount of money right now (aka money from 16th birthday and Christmas too) in checks. I would love to pay Nick back, but I haven't seen him in years.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
ridiculously ridiculous

okay, if nick's attending the next tournament and you're there, we should do a mm. i agree with m2k on that, so don't expect me to wager much, considering my lack of a steady income.

Kamaji

Smash Ace
saturday, SpoMarth is on!!!

My doc was very incosistent today, I thnk I just need to play a little more before the tourney.

Adam: you may have a seat for dan. Pat told me that he quit smash bros and might not go to the tourney. Would you still want to go, or do you want me to give the potential seat to brady?

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Adam: you may have a seat for dan. Pat told me that he quit smash bros and might not go to the tourney. Would you still want to go, or do you want me to give the potential seat to brady?
I do want to go. My last big tournament before I switch over to Brawl.

Did Pat quit because he heard about SpoMarth? Who knew it would have such an effect.

artifice

Smash Ace
there not random, its two people plying a game, how can it be random??

it dosnt show who is the altogether best marth, but its still fun as hell.

if you guys want to see who the best marth is, we can go everyone plays me, go in a circle, first one to win is the best ;D

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
my money would be on red, casey. you like to run into them fsmashes

Chip.

you know what to do
ridiculously ridiculous

okay, if nick's attending the next tournament and you're there, we should do a mm. i agree with m2k on that, so don't expect me to wager much, considering my lack of a steady income.
sounds fine

there not random, its two people plying a game, how can it be random??

it dosnt show who is the altogether best marth, but its still fun as hell.

if you guys want to see who the best marth is, we can go everyone plays me, go in a circle, first one to win is the best ;D
wow, this'll be hella easy then

jk jk :laugh:

I think they are "random" in terms of who the victor is. Marth victories do sometimes seem inconsistent, but I don't know if it's really random.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
hey eastern wa, you should all arrange to come to GC in january because i generally dont like the ppl who show up regularly (not to name anyone cuz i think everybody gets it already) and yeah its fun to play you guys cuz you're not only good but fun ppl to be around.

artifice

Smash Ace
yeah i realized that didn't quite make sense after I said it, but you know what i mean, its not random, its smash bros.

my money would be on red, casey. you like to run into them fsmashes
eh, my money might be on red as well =/

not on the dittos tho, red + tech chase = PWNED

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Tell that to mario party...

EDIT: "And the most red spaces star goes to "_______"" lmao "the worst mini game player star goes to "_______""...
haha i know. every time i play that game i do terribly at the minigames, and usually have the least amount of stars, but i always win in the bull**** star giveaway game in the end. i am the mario party master.

soo, blake wants to go to the dan. just thought i'd mention it, in case another seat magically opens.
if anyone wants to practice between now and the dan, i'm almost always home.
drunken blake beat me at a marth ditto tonight. i need help.

sagemoon: thanks for the kind words on eawa. don't think i've met you, though. however, i won't be coming over to that area again for a while after the dan. edit: wait, did I play against you at GC in the first round? my marth vs your shiek? resulted in my loss by like a 3 stock and a 4 stock?

Ashtten

Smash Journeyman
Yes brady, you still have a ride as long as you do not mind sitting in the back with chip and deva

Eggz

Smash Hero
hey eastern wa, you should all arrange to come to GC in january because i generally dont like the ppl who show up regularly (not to name anyone cuz i think everybody gets it already) and yeah its fun to play you guys cuz you're not only good but fun ppl to be around.
lol cry more little girl.

artifice

Smash Ace
i called ash to see if we can have it at his dorms on saturday, that would be the best spot sence the pub closes kinda early. yay im looking forward to marth onry as well, suprising enough, my marth sometimes beats beter marths! (not random =p)

im thinking we should allow roy too, cause he sucks and it would be a good twist? plus like ashten plays him sometimes and ive never seen ash play marth

adam i need the practice too, uhh school starts for me tomarrow +work,... maybe smash on friday?

Chip.

you know what to do
i called ash to see if we can have it at his dorms on saturday, that would be the best spot sence the pub closes kinda early. yay im looking forward to marth onry as well, suprising enough, my marth sometimes beats beter marths! (not random =p)

im thinking we should allow roy too, cause he sucks and it would be a good twist? plus like ashten plays him sometimes and ive never seen ash play marth

adam i need the practice too, uhh school starts for me tomarrow +work,... maybe smash on friday?
And Bowser :laugh:

But hey, I think we should just do the SpoMarthy tourney as just a sub-tourney and still have a singles and maybe doubles. So maybe it might look like:

singles - $5

doubles - $2.5 (per person)

bonus tourney: Marth onry - $1?

What's some thoughts on this? Because we haven't had a tournament in ea Wa for a LONG time, and I would really like to get some started up again so everyone has a chance at earning moonies and getting better at smash in the competitive, tournament enviornment.

Woot, sitting in the back with deva and chip will be no problem.
:mad:

*punches brady*

jk :laugh:

*hugs brady*

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
friday works, casey

i just went to bed at 8 am and woke up at 1 30 am.
j

artifice

Smash Ace
I dont think i like that event, but i wouldnt mind going to the fingerbang. Ill see how my finances are looking after the dan.

okay here is the official post,

---------------------------------------------

GET RDY FOR THE DAN2 SPORLY Featuring the SPOMARTH Pick marth a GTFO tourney.

WHEN RLY?: Jan. 5 2008
WHERE RLY?: Cheney, Ash's Dorms, shares a parking lot with the EWUpub. Mcregin?
WHY RLY?: Cause like, the dan 2 is coming... and marth rox.

1:30pm - SPO Marth onry (2$)
3pm - singles (3$)
5pm - doubes if there is time, but i kinda doubt it (5$ a team).

holding tight on these times.
my numba for Q's = 389 1508.

---------------------------------------------

brdy_

Smash Lord
You don't think you like that event o_O? Pretty good reasoning. Norcal is supposed to come for it and I'm hoping Eggz and a few others will want to go to it as well.

Which dorm is he in? Pearce or Dressler? I'm going to try to go and I need a little more details XD

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
i wanna smash some bros. brdy sounds like he's on his way over. anyone else? if we get a 3rd person i'll pay a 3rd of the price for a pizza from papa murphy's.

i also hope others confirm for saturday. valdens/itakio and the rest? maybe someone legendary, as well? i know other smashers exist out there in spokane, but for whatever reason they've decided to stop coming to tournaments. it'd be nice to meet some of you and to have some different people winning tournaments for once.

those without rides, please note that the last bus from cheney going to spokane is around 9:00pm. so you would have to consider that in your plans.

Top Bottom