• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eastern Washington Bi-Weeklies! ~Next Tourney~ [11/17/07]

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Has anyone seen "No more heroes" thats coming out for the wii? I think it looks friggen awesome... but thats also about how awesome red steel looked... ugh...
Except I never had hope for Ubisoft, yet no more heroes is coming from a good studio. No more heroes looks like the most promising 3rd party thus far. Ultraviolence = win.

Legendary_Kyle

Smash Apprentice
Well, for some people it's just an inconvenience to drive all the way out to the valley, especially considering weather conditions, personal obligations, or other reasons. Gas isn't the only issue, and it's not like anyone doesn't want you to come, it's just not always possible for someone to fit it in with their schedule.
Maybe you could look into the bus schedule? It'd be a lot cheaper, $1 for each way. I'm not sure how the valley bus runs, but I'm sure its manageable. http://www.spokanetransit.com/ridesta/routesschedules.asp for more info. The Cheney bus is route 65 and 66. 66 is the faster bus to get to downtown Spokane, it just goes straight from the PUB to the bus plaza in Spokane. However the 65 just runs all around Cheney, so it's like an extra 15 minutes longer of a ride if you decide to take that one.
I believe the bus leaves the pub every 5 or 7 minutes after the hour, so it probably leaves from Spokane to Cheney at every 30 minutes after the hour, give or take a few minutes.
Look into it, in case no one is able to give you a ride in the future. It would be nice if you were able to make it to more of these tournaments. Considering you do get better each time you attend the tournaments, it would be interesting to see how your skills may improve over time.
AH, thank you Adam this should help me out quite a bit. i do like to go to these tournys a lot wnd play smash with everybody and i have gotten better each time. i will look into this if anyone is unable to take me. again thank you very much Adam

artifice

Smash Ace
oh yeah its easy to hack the home cities in aoe. so like we can all get all the cards we want instantaniasly.

and the cards help your stategy a decent amount

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Everything is broken.

I've been playing Company of Heroes, and have been enjoying it a lot. I might suggest a CoH LAN party one of these times.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
yesm i left you a message call me when you like, get up? i think nick said he wanted to play today maybe
Oh, I'm already up, I woke up at 4am. At work right now, I get off at 2 or 3, I'll see how I'm feeling.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
I'm thinking I'll go home at 3. Might as well get an extra hour in while I have nothing to do. Anyone feel like just meeting up at the pub at 3:15?

Kamaji

Smash Ace
do you wanna come to the morrison tv lounge instead? I was thinking we could have a smashfest in there today. I'll bring carl and pat, and then anyone else who wants to come can. Does that sound good?

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
do you wanna come to the morrison tv lounge instead? I was thinking we could have a smashfest in there today. I'll bring carl and pat, and then anyone else who wants to come can. Does that sound good?
Okay, how about someone meets me in the PUB? I'll hang out in that orange room that's near the cafeteria. Where all the nerds go to read.

I don't feel like going home, calling you, then walking back up.

(Morrison = Ashtten's dorm?)

Eggz

Smash Hero
Any way you guys can put together a tournament for this weekend?

Me and Dan wanna come over there. Prolly bring others too

so if you can muster a tournament with a good turnout, we'll more than likely come

Chip.

you know what to do
Sure we'd love for you guys to come Yhayuuuuz! We should make SpoRly for this weekend instead of on the 29th or whatever the next Spo is.
This is too good. Er.. I suppose you guys need housing or something right? I suppose it would be fine if you guys stayed over at Deva and my place if it be cool with my parents. =) I can't wait for this.

I'll see if I can recruit as many noobs as possible, including Krip (don't bring that Blud dudz or they will fight wit eachodder el oh el). Realistically I can probably bring 3 - 5 people aside from me and Deva, but I might be lucky enough to get like 8 guys to come because I got a WHOLE bunch of my Cross - Country/ Jocky friends to play smash like 3 times every week. O_O This just started as some friendly gathering where we all played smash for 2 hours after school for fun but now all of a sudden they're actually striving to learn advanced techniques and what not to get better; kinda weird but cool.

Sooo yeah, I'm stoked

I can't wait ^_^

artifice

Smash Ace
1st - we were ganna have one anyway, sence we didnt have one last weekend, and its a bi weekly ;p

2nd - 20 people might be a little much for spokane, but 15 locals is possible, good for chip tho if he gets a bunch of noobs to show.

3rd - my house is also down for housing, prity big house, also no parents so like, i asked myself if it would be okay, and i think it will be okay. so yeah its okey.

uhhh. okay below is ganna be the info for the tournment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPORLY - (Eggz and friends special addition) DEC. 15th.

@ The EWU PUB T.V Lounge(A?). Cheney WA, (thats next to spokane)
Start - 2pm
directions from downtown spokane to be posted soon-ish,

[format]
Singles - buy in. 5$ a person, all other GC Rules apply.
doubles? probably, 5 bucks a TEAM. all other GC Rules apply.

as allways buy in will not be bumped to accomodate out of towners, I know the arguement from bothsides, but most locals just wont pay 10plus bucks for a pot they dont think they can win. the pots should be good for gas as it stands anyways. but were not liable if it is not ;D

[equipment]
adam, nick, and ash are goood for cubes/wiis?
nick a t.v? i can bring mine too if it comes to that ... and someone picks up a projector? there is a t.v already in there ofcorse
- so, atleast 3 setups. we could consivabley manage 4 though. as i have a t.v, but no cube/wii

Q's?

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
[equipment]
adam, nick, and ash are goood for cubes/wiis?
yup
as always, i got a cube collecting dust.

btw, suggesting we stop playing smash, and just have blackjack/poker tournaments. yey, nay?

Kamaji

Smash Ace
awwwwwwww Crap!!! I knew this would happen! my girlfriend made me promise to hang out with her and do girl stuff all day... She might get home late enough to where I can still come though.

I dont know if we'll be able to use the PUB... Although it still might be open for the people to stay for break. Ashton should know for sure weather or not we can use it, and also we should put up a flier for the tourney on the bulletin board.

Soba

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm Carl... i am Kamaji's friend and i can't make it to this next SPORLY but i would like to join you guys next time a tourney comes around...

Kamaji

Smash Ace
pishaw! Uber Jons!!!^^^^^

Eggz- Thanks for the correction. It was really helpful.

And chip, stop doing mms if you dont have the $20 to pay me back! I could really use it!

Top Bottom