• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eastern Washington Bi-Weeklies! ~Next Tourney~ [11/17/07]

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
huhwah? ...
yup, japanese have been leaking on 2ch.
been reading mostly from 4chan and brawlcentral, when it was up.
there's a video w/ marth if you can find it on youtubes.

brdy_

Smash Lord
Hey nick come to the computer lab, play some smash with me. If you dont wanna come here would it be cool if we play in Morrison? I'm bored

Chip.

you know what to do
I'll do a 10$ MM vs. your YLink if we can do a 10$ MM vs. your Fox as well :)
Ha ha mayyyyyyyyyyyyybe. . .

For the Fox MM, mind if I bring Marth out too?

Oh yeah, brady I'll see if Deva can take both of us to EWU to play with you guys. I'm still trying to convince him, seeing as how he would rather re-play Fire Emblem again than to take us =P

well you said your fox and marth would fly as well.

those are safer bets, ya know?
My Fox and Marth would do alright I suppose but since both aren't as good as my young Link, I'd rather use him so I have a better chance at winning money

MM accepted.

Next GC. Find me.
Sounds good to me. We'll discuss the price of the MM when I see you.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
SpoRly #1,337

When?: February 2nd, Saturday, Warmups at 11am, Tournament begins at 1pm
Where?: PUB TV Lounge on campus
Why and who?: I dunno, I can't think of anything clever to say.

$?: More people the better the pot.

For directions into Cheney:
It's the place we usually do it that's not in the dorms. Call artifice or myself at either 3891508 or 2358590, respectively.

Teams/singles, and the usual rules.

Confirmed list of attendees thus far (Please confirm asap):

artifice
icraq
nintendo_on
kamaji
red
itakio
valdens
chip/deva?

Kamaji

Smash Ace
nooooo [I want] falcon onry!!

Anyway guys, we're doing a fundraiser in the pub on monday, feb. 11th. If anyone (EWU student or not) can come at any point during the day, it would help tremendously! Brady will be there before 11am, and I'll be there after 11, but I want to have at least 2 people always there (perferrably 3 so that 2 can play and one can talk to people).

If you didnt know, we're going to charge $2 per match, and if someone beats us (haha), they'll get a reserved copy of brawl. Also, if anyone likes to bake, we can sell baked goods as well.

Ashtten

Smash Journeyman
nooooo [I want] falcon onry!!

Anyway guys, we're doing a fundraiser in the pub on monday, feb. 11th. If anyone (EWU student or not) can come at any point during the day, it would help tremendously! Brady will be there before 11am, and I'll be there after 11, but I want to have at least 2 people always there (perferrably 3 so that 2 can play and one can talk to people).

If you didnt know, we're going to charge $2 per match, and if someone beats us (haha), they'll get a reserved copy of brawl. Also, if anyone likes to bake, we can sell baked goods as well.
I can be there pretty much the whole time and Brianna can come early on... no baking this time from us but next time we could bake for it.

P.S. Ness!!!

Kamaji

Smash Ace
Hey ash, are you all right? You seemed really quiet this morning...

Cool, we especially need people that can come before 11. Rachel is going to make some cookies and stuff, and I might whip out some smash snacks.

zomg ness would be so awesome!!!

Everyone should post their email on here so that I can get a smash club mailing list going.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
uhh spambots probably watch these forums.. so i recommend e-mail being listed like
*removed because im a paranoid nutter*

anyone play smash today?

Chip.

you know what to do
I sure hope Deva might take him and me to this :).

I can't give a PM Nick, but here's my email in "non"-spammable form:

:ChIp_LiNkEd@YahuuzDOTcom

To translate: remove the colon and remove all the capitals in my ID. Keep the underscore. I hope you know what Yahuuz stands for though. >_>

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
I've been watching some pro players, looks like this is the successor to melee, for sure. We can discuss more of this today.
Mainly, it looks like fox trot canceling is the new wave dash. And Marth/Fox still broken. (sh dfair still in for marth, shine jump cancel looks really ****ing fast for fox, falco is still spikey and he throws reflectors in your face)

but actually, what I've noticed is that ALL characters are good, like, Marth is still the same pretty much, but all the other crappy characters from melee look close to being equals.

also, brawl will be on my HD (official release, only half the dvd though, no SSE) by tonight. i just need a ****ing modchip.

Chip.

you know what to do
Well boys, I want to present all of you this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeeIYr5wW78

Epic. I cannot express how happy I freakin' am!

Young Link is in Brawl!

Well I mean, he is dubbed "Toon" Link, but hopefully when the full roster hits the US that they'll change it back to "Young" instead. My gosh, he actually looks friggin broken in this game too! Well, he looks better anyway. I mean his Spin attack is actually REALLY good! It's a mix between Melee Link's and Young Link's, it hits multiple times like Melee young Link's upB but has the knockback of Link's upB as well! His bow is really quick and can be made as a good projectile in battle. And MY GOSH his double jump and upB in the air make his recovery AMAZING! Well, well, well . . . look out for my young, "toon", Link in Brawl.

Yahuuuuz!

Valdens

Smash Ace
Shoutouts to everyone, WHO ALL BEAT ME, and to Itakio and Brdy for our rapage teams.

So Adam, any possibility we could set something up for tomorrow and playing that copy of Brawl? Me and Itakio would love to come and try it out, and bring whatever system/controller/ect is needed.

Red.

Smash Ace
ugghh i did so bad this tourney, maybe I'll come to play friendlies at these tourneys to save lots of money..and chip, I wanna do my ditto mm challenge for $2 since everybody is claiming ur rly diverse in eastern.

Kamaji

Smash Ace
I Present to everyone... SMASH CLUB!!!!!

PATTERSON 171 EVERY WEDNESDAY 3-9!!!!!

Everyone is invited to attend any/all of the meetings.

Could someone please make/print/distribute fliers? I've been doing almost everything up until now, and I'd really like some help.

And also a reminder, we have a table in the PUB on monday, feb 11th. If anyone can come and help out, we might be able to make this work.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
I'm sorry all the responsibility has dropped on you, Nick. That happens a lot in any group. Anyways, I do have an idea, and I'll go through with it if it sounds good to you guys.

The Super Brawl, March 22nd. Venue unconfirmed, likely EWU, but maybe in the Spokane Valley at Fusion Odyssey (the video game store across the street from Target on Sprague).
I want to do a mass invite to all people in the area, hopefully some Western Washington players, Idaho, Oregon, whoever. If anyone else has suggestions, let me know, otherwise I'll be posting this in the main Pacific west forum.

(Rules subject to change, but as of now they are final.)

Singles:
$10, 4 stock, 8 minutes. Items off. Final Smash balls off, they are unbalanced.

Allowed stages -

Neutral Stages:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi Island
Smash Ville
Lylat Cruise

Counter picks for singles:
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Great Sea
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Yoshi's Island
Battleship Halberd
Port Town
Castle Siege
Skyworld
Mario Circuit
Rainbow Ride
Brinstar
Green Greens
Jungle Japes

Teams: $5 each person, Friendly Fire On, 8 min, 4 stock

Neutral Stages:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi Island
Smash Ville
Lylat Cruise
Spear Pillar

Counter Stages:
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Great Sea
Frigate Orpheon
Yoshi's Island
Battleship Halberd
Port Town
Castle Siege
Skyworld
Mario Circuit
Rainbow Ride
Brinstar
Green Greens
Jungle Japes
Pokemon Stadium
Shadow Moses Island
Corneria
Pokemon Stadium 2
Pictochat

And just for clarification:

(banned)
Mushroomy Kingdom [Overworld/Underworld]
Bridge of Eldin
Rumble Falls
Distant Planet
Wario Ware
New Pork City
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2

Undecided on these stages:
Green Hill Zone?
Electroplankton?

Kamaji

Smash Ace
Sounds good to me! We should have a brawl tourney today if we get your wii working with it lol. We'll have the first washington brawl tourney.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Sounds good to me! We should have a brawl tourney today if we get your wii working with it lol. We'll have the first washington brawl tourney.
Agreed. Brady will be modding his Wii, too, maybe he'd be interested as well.

Kamaji

Smash Ace
I still cant decide if I want to do it to mine. Why is this guy not charging you for the mod chips? I probably will end up doing it if hes still willing to.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
I still cant decide if I want to do it to mine. Why is this guy not charging you for the mod chips? I probably will end up doing it if hes still willing to.
He builds them himself. I'll still pay him for the materials, though.

Kamaji

Smash Ace
Oh. Thats so awesome! Ya, I think I'm gunna do it too. mod chips rock.

Would anyone wanna smash today? I'm outta class, and after I finish my hw in an hour I'll need something to do.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Oh. Thats so awesome! Ya, I think I'm gunna do it too. mod chips rock.

Would anyone wanna smash today? I'm outta class, and after I finish my hw in an hour I'll need something to do.
Sure man, how about around 2:20-2:30? I'll just walk over from the music department building to your place when I get out of class. Keep an eye on the doors for me? I'll probably be able to get in anyway, though. Someone's always coming or going.

Kamaji

Smash Ace
We're in the pub right now, but i might be back at my place soon. I'll let you know soon. NEEDS MORE BRAWL.

Top Bottom