• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Midlands tournament and social thread

Brado

Smash Lord
Hao - The one which is currently happening is at my house in Leicester. The first page is pretty irrelevant, we need to sort it out. But If we're ever discussing a smashfest, just ask for details :)

Jolteon- WELL ITS TOO LATE NOW D:
i won a £5 MM :3

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
he beat Bmac on brawl in a £5 mm

lost to me 3 times in random melee mms lololol

town was REALLY FUN =|

Brado

Smash Lord
You got falcon liek 5 times and I got yoshi loads aswell lool. **** was lame
And I sandbagged just so you could have the money for bus fare , poor boy ;)

rustediron

Smash Lord
Yeah, you guys definitely need to improve your rep in the smash community. Either improve, maybe, or just throw Willz out to bring up the average skill level across your players :S

...oh wait, he's your best player LOL

Maybe you can convince KillerJaws to join you, that'll boost your average somewhat :laugh:

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
maybe you should get decent at the game first (which you've also been playing competitive a lot longer than us) before you attempt to trash talk a crew where all the members are better than you (and have been playing competitive melee for less than a year).

FUCKING SCRUB

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, you guys definitely need to improve your rep in the smash community. Either improve, maybe, or just throw Willz out to bring up the average skill level across your players :S

...oh wait, he's your best player LOL

Maybe you can convince KillerJaws to join you, that'll boost your average somewhat :laugh:
Who the **** are you? £5 money match the second I get back in December.

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
- Definitely. Any word on whether any UK smashers (or more importantly LC) are coming? If it's not during exam times I should be able to put a couple of guys up for a couple of days before and after the tourney in Stockholm if anyone is interested?

Brado

Smash Lord
I'll have to find out exam dates when I'm at college this week, but I'm definitely interested.

I know Fuzz wants to go, and I think he's booked/is about to, check the other uk threads, there'ssome discussion on it somewhere

Kone

Smash Master
Charles/Jolteon/VA are booked I think. I am interested and would be tempted if likes of Brad were up for it. The problem is that the date is ****e. School term starts on the 6th. Which means I am limited to how long I can go for. As in Fri till Sunday. I could potentially attempt to get thursday and friday of but its a longhshot as annual leave doesn't really work the same for teachers. I would need to put it in NOW to have anychance of it. #

Ive been looking at prices. If we went on thursday 6th at 6.55 and came back late sunday night then it would be £35 return. But, we need to book this asap. Im also aware that you have to get a coach from the airport into gothenburg. So you are looking at like £50 for travel.

Simon I would like to take you up on the offer of staying but i wouldnt have the time and I am aware that its some distance between gothenburg and stockholm and not cheap.

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
- Yeah Kone man, (if I do end up going) I'd love to have you over but it probably won't be cheaper for anybody who wants to go to Gothenburg from Stockholm because they're opposite sides of the coast unfortunately. Plane travel is so cheap that the bus/train from Stockholm to Gothenburg and back again will probably be more expensive than the plane going straight to Gothenburg itself.

But the offer will be open for anyone who's flushed with a bit of cash and wants to see the capital whilst they're over here.

------------------

P.s. - Just to clarify I am not 100% sure whether I'm going or not. I need to look at when my Christmas holidays span from. I don't want to cut it ridiculously early if I've got till mid january in England (how I miss it) or something and I'm not going to go to Sweden to come back to go back.

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
- Yeah man, it's pretty sweet. The Smash scene is awesome. I end up playing twice a week with 10+ people.

Outside of the smash (which is where I probably should spend more time) Sweden is awesome. I've managed to land a cheeky little DJ job on campus where I get paid in booze which is great, because a beer costs a fiver in this ****ably expensive city.

The climate is crazy here. It's starting to get dark at 5 and it's already started snowing, and apparently it's not stopping until April. Sometimes it's colder than I've ever been in England and it's only October for christ sake. I've heard Swedish murmurings that this is going to the worst winter recorded.

The city itself is amazing. The only downside to this place is the prices. Stockholm is ridiculously clean, lovely and orderly for the most part. The exception tends to be Friday nights when the Swedes go absolutely mad and get drunk off of about 1 can. I've never seen anything like it Calz. One can only imagine it happening in England.

Luckily the best of the Swedish stereotypes that sent me to this cold, damp, depressing icicle have turned out to be true. The girls are just... yeah.

Haha.

Tl;dr - Sweden is bloody lovely.

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
- ofc

10svenska

(I thought I'd expand on this a bit).

Not a problem man, if you want to come for the Smash try to get here for a few days spanning Wednesday and Friday. That's when people play at Dragon's Lair. Obviously they'll be plenty of time for games in my flat. It'll be hard to get you into clubs, but there's no problem hitting the bar scene. I maintain that Slussen is one of the coolest places in the world. You'll dig it man. Just gimme plenty of notice and we're all set to go.

Try to persuade a couple of LC/UK guys to come with you and we'll throw down a crew match vs Sweden. AND WE WILL WIN.

p.s. That RustedIron chap seems easily spooked, eh?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I'm probably not going anymore, booking for 4 turned out to be inconvenient the next day and I wasn't too happy arriving home on a Monday.

Top Bottom