• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Midlands tournament and social thread

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
George is staying round mine Friday night and we're all heading off to the station in the morning Trio. We must've been saying this for the past 50 pages.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
500 son ;)

And willz, calz and brad, i understand you're going to smashgt 2
i shall be going to this and i can take you guys down with me, its only a small diversion(makes it far cheaper for all of us) and wed get there quicker too (and not be subjected to having to follow train/bus/coach times too

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I think if you have a spare seat in that car of yours you should take me as I can get to yours with great ease :p. I will give you the money it costs and more of course to :) EM road trip ftw lol. Great that your going to SmashGT2 to btw :). obv give it to jay oh three if it will help him out more then me. Jo3 will you be at London on Sat...will or ant coming to? I'd like to MM you there if thats ok to? just £1 or so tho.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Assuming all 3 of willz brad and cal are goin there'll be 1 spare seat and tbh i dont mind who comes. But you will need to get to mine though because jo3 your up north right? which is out of my way but if you can get near mine i can help, same to you yen, worcesters a bit too much out the way (wrong motorway, especially cos im goin leicester)
i was gona say all id need is money to cover diesel which shudnt be more than £30 (between 5 people thats well cheap)

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Oh yeah of course, I could make it up to Birmingham and you mentioned you had a station near you? I could come their to. I'll talk to Jo3 soon and see if he needs the ride more then me. If not I'd be very greatful to come with you :)

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
500 son ;)

i shall be going to this and i can take you guys down with me, its only a small diversion(makes it far cheaper for all of us) and wed get there quicker too (and not be subjected to having to follow train/bus/coach times too
That'd be ****ing awesome man. Although not to be mean to Yenny but Josh wanted to come to smashgt2 as well!!! :psycho:

Also we should all get housed at TCs! YUZZZZ

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
500 son ;)

MTR...i...i...love you

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Willz when I'm on the 94 bus on Friday can I text you so you can meet me? So I don't miss the stop etc. I'll be coming in the evening time :)

Was strange seeing Cal and Brad the other day to lol, walking into other Smashers is a rare thing lol

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Well I could probably go into town and meet you if ya want, but if you wanna make your own way to my house then cool. I recommend getting off at the stop outside of Londis!!!!!!!

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I'll make my own way it's cool. Just come to the bus stop a little after I text you so I don't miss it :)

got ur ticketz sorted yet guys? Looking forward to this :)

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
My mums purchasing them right now Yenny =P

Brad n Cal my mums offering to buy the train tickets for you guys as well cuz she's doubtful you'll get them LOL.

Brado

Smash Lord
Brad n Cal my mums offering to buy the train tickets for you guys as well cuz she's doubtful you'll get them LOL.
Hillarious -__-

Getting mine tommorow, as I already said.

@Rake
YESZ MTR YOUR ****IN AWESOEM DUDE. :D

@Yen
Lol it was pretty weird bumping into you, one of the last people I was expecting to see haha

The_Rake

Smash Lord
That'd be ****ing awesome man. Although not to be mean to Yenny but Josh wanted to come to smashgt2 as well!!! :psycho:

Also we should all get housed at TCs! YUZZZZ
MTR...i...i...love you
@Rake
YESZ MTR YOUR ****IN AWESOEM DUDE. :D
haha, dont worry about it guys =P if one of you guys could sort out the housing stuff i'd be rather greatful, particularly seen as i dont know any of the london guys and you have more of a rapour than i do

@yen
yea, theres a few near me, basicly which evers the easiest (the closest one has trains rare;y stop, the next one is usually really expensive but the one i usualy go for is about 5 miles away and is sweet as a nut ;)) ill tell you what they are closer to the time.

Also, whoevers coing out of you and Jo3 i could probably house the night before we go down

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Possible Tournament in Sheffield Hosted By Trio3

Well yeah ive been thinking about hosting something, i can house somign like 9 ppl, my house isnt very big but im sure i can get every1 in, i like 5tvs, 1 setup only tho so ppl would have to bring there own. If this happens im hoping to have Brawl and Melee and will happen like 1 or 2 weeks after the London monthly, i'll decide everything during this week.

Please post if ur interested in coming to sheffield :)

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Ur one idle mofo K.Mac.
No, it's because we're going to have to get the 10am train to meadowhall and be stuck there waiting for 50 minutes because train arrivals are gay. :/

And @ Sheffield tourney - YESZ. I'm not sure how you're going to fit all of us in your house along with all the setups XD but yesz. get hype for trio3.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
He said he has like 4/5 TVs lol, just only one Wii. He needs people to bring Wiis.

afaik he has two in his bedroom (flatscreen and the small yellow TV), one in his mum's room, and the 20" in the lounge. so I dunno where he got 5 from unless he plans to steal one from somewhere :bee:

Tamoo

Smash Master
Rake, if this gets going, you gonna go by car? That's pretty much the only way for me cos tickets are like £50 atm :/ so i'll be happy to chip in for petrol moneys if you'll take me :)

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Yea i will be, that'll be great man, where do you live anyway, just wanna work out the best place to meet initially

and it's MTR son ;)

and andy, if you mean after the this monthly then could it be 2 weeks so i can sort out work (and yens is the week after the monthly anyway)
if you mean after gt then just let me know when you finalise it asap, work n all that

Tamoo

Smash Master
Oh i live all the way in oxford, but I can travel to get to whereever you decide to meet, it'll be much cheaper overall than me training it all the way.

Also, if I'm allowed to change the name of someone using my premium powers, dyou wanna name change lol?

The Filth

Smash Lord
I would go to the NW **** my son, you have my word =]

Also, i'd come to your andy, if its on the 7th jack says he might as well, so HYPE.

Smudge

Smash Lord
Well personally I cant play nor stand Melee, but I understand that it needs to be both nowadays, numbers in the Smash scene are so low it'd be silly to cut one out.

Price will likely be £10, don't really want it to be more than that tbh, as it seems like a nice even figure that people are happy with

£5 - Venue (Any left over from the venue goes back in the prize fund)
Not sure on the pricing split outside of that tbh.

Also, I've had another idea, basically, my tournaments will envoke Championship Belts

SSS = Smudge Smash Society

Whoever holds a championship gets FREE ENTRY TO ANY AND ALL SSS TOURNAMENTS

The Championship must be defended once every month, in a match that i'll state.

Everyone gets a fair shot, Basically I name the no.1 contender before the tournament.

Don't think that the best will stay the best, the long the person holds the belt the harder the challenges get, can range from a server handicap to multiple opponents

The titles are.
SSS Championship
SSS Tag Team Championship

If you can't turn up one month, you lose the belt, instantly.

Now I'm not sure whether to go a set for Melee aswell, gonna try these out with Brawl at the moment or think of a way to intermingle between the two.

So what do people think?

Top Bottom