• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Midlands tournament and social thread

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Yeah Andy I'd come of course, if its Melee or Brawl. Maybe even just for Brawl as I might be picking up back up.

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
Well personally I cant play nor stand Melee, but I understand that it needs to be both nowadays, numbers in the Smash scene are so low it'd be silly to cut one out.

Price will likely be £10, don't really want it to be more than that tbh, as it seems like a nice even figure that people are happy with

£5 - Venue (Any left over from the venue goes back in the prize fund)
Not sure on the pricing split outside of that tbh.

Also, I've had another idea, basically, my tournaments will envoke Championship Belts

SSS = Smudge Smash Society

Whoever holds a championship gets FREE ENTRY TO ANY AND ALL SSS TOURNAMENTS

The Championship must be defended once every month, in a match that i'll state.

Everyone gets a fair shot, Basically I name the no.1 contender before the tournament.

Don't think that the best will stay the best, the long the person holds the belt the harder the challenges get, can range from a server handicap to multiple opponents

The titles are.
SSS Championship
SSS Tag Team Championship

If you can't turn up one month, you lose the belt, instantly.

Now I'm not sure whether to go a set for Melee aswell, gonna try these out with Brawl at the moment or think of a way to intermingle between the two.

So what do people think?
the idea of Championship belts made me laugh

K.Mac

Smash Lord
don't want to sound rude but imo I agree with cal, I'm not sure it'd work - especially if you have to attend every month to keep it >.o

it sounds fun but sounds a bit........ well, difficult.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
THIS IS LIKE SOME WWE SHIIIIT.

Smudge that sounds awesome and funny at the same time. Doooo it.

Brads just bought his London tickets... so me and Calzum still gotta buy ours yeeeeeeeeeeeee

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Good stuff from Brad! 100% I'm not going alone now lol. Get yours guys :) looking forward to playing you on Friday Willz, training for me is needed.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Well I haven't played Melee since last Thursday and I only played it for about an hour. I like taking short breaks from it because I get so much better next time I play!!11!!1!!!!!11!

Smudge

Smash Lord
It is pretty WWE inspired, and it's kinda to drum up a bit of attention, i mean, who can say they wouldn't want to be called 'Champion' of there scene, or steal another scenes title.

Plus free entry to boot.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Yeah Will I actually find I improve if I have a short break. I havnt played since like Thursday but my tech skill was mad good then. Just been busy really.

Good stuff Cal :) looking forward to seeing your Peachy comboz lol

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Of course man you know it. I plan to travel every two weeks for smash this year and I have been doing that for like the past 3 months or so, been good times.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Im 100.1% sure im getting mine tomorrow..

Willz...King of Johns
Where was the excuse in that? I was just saying that I played it for a short period of time and that I improve if I have short breaks from the game. Before Brads small fest last week I hadn't played the game in nearly a month and I still *****. eut34iwtojq3oitfnaskjc nawkjnr4wtwe

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Hmm, so yen, when are you gona be having your mini thing? is it gona be 5th-7th or are people gona go trios (if he has his thing then)

Oh i live all the way in oxford, but I can travel to get to whereever you decide to meet, it'll be much cheaper overall than me training it all the way.

Also, if I'm allowed to change the name of someone using my premium powers, dyou wanna name change lol?
OOOHHH SWEET JESUS YEHZ! MTR all the way!

If you could get yourself to Marston Green (usually best station), Water Orton, Colehill or Solihull that'd be well helpful for me. Could probably house you day before or depending on what time we go andys could come down early on the day and have some games.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Hehe I'll ask Queen Killjoy then :)

And yeah that'll be sweet, I can get to any of those stations I reckon.

Is there a date for this yet, cos I'm def busy for the next 3 weekends :/

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Yeh 5th to 7th like you said prob. I'm pretty busy but will confirm after I get back from London. Need to see when andys having this thing to.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Cool, theyre all a couple of stops from new street so that should be fine

awsome, bring on the new wave of raking!!!

yea, i had to sort out stuff for yours today george, the girl who said shed cover couldnt do it, but i got someone else to do it about an hour ago. Shud be no problem getting cover for andys either

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Can you imagine how horrible it would be if you could change someone's name?

They go to log in and they just get the message "incorrect username or password" because some **** decided they wanted to change their name, lol.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Nooooo!!! Surely theres someone higher than you who has the mad skillz!

ooh, i just thought as well, if you do come with me to andys, get some gh on the go before we head up ;) kick your *** around son

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Be so awsome if you can, been so long since ive played anyone who really challenged me on gh, one of my friends is pretty good, hes beaten everything on gh3 except the battle with lou(which tbf i only did a few months ago after having the game for over a year) but whenever we play he admits im better than him.

But yea, some of the songs ive been downloading recently are awsome =P mainly guitar driven instrumentals...but they're never as good as cliffs of dover =P

Tamoo

Smash Master
I dunno, I may dissapoint you lol, it's been well over a year since I played haha and there's no chance of me practicing here :/
That boss battle with lou is sooo fun :) Took me forever to learn it though

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Yea it is, ive been trying to do it on single, got to about 75% :/ its just mental. cant do ttfaf though, me and the same guy have completed everything on multiplayer so far except for those 2. fail at both around 80%

ah, thats ok, itll be fun regardless, im getting my 6th gh/rb game tomorow, i seriously own too many

Smudge

Smash Lord
Hopefully, Where is the furthest you guys would be willing to travel? My hometown's a ballache for you to get to, and the train station is near no possible venues.

I could do Stockport, Manchester at a push, Crewe, Maccelsfield and a few other areas.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Stockport is easy for people to get to, Manchester would be fine too, Crewe and Maccelsfield would be fine for me, but others i cant say the same thing.

Smudge

Smash Lord
I think Stockport is a little cheaper than Manchester for venues

Crewe and Manchester are big central stations so they're the main ones, although it's a 5 min train from Stockport from Manchester, so that's ok too.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
You can get to stockport from manchester?

If so, sounds reasonable to me ... depends whether it costs a lot to get there though.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
The train that goes through Sheffield from S****hrope Kyle goes to Stockport anyway, its the stop after Sheffield. So 1 train K.Mac.

Smudge

Smash Lord
Coolio, so as a possibly interest list we have

Smudge
Zero
CPT Wu
Smiddy
Nazo
Law
Jankai
Blipped Moon
LBX
The Rake
Trio3
Yeniths
Dooan
Bickers

That's a possible of 14 so far, this could work out quite well.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Holy ****, that's cheap then. @ andy.

No Smudge, we haven't met. But, I've actually been trying to catch you at ranbats before, wanted to meet you and play some matches. xD need to play moar D3 to learn how to play him. I want to pick him up good. :]

put me on teh list of interestingness. :]

Smudge

Smash Lord
Ahh another D3, welcome to the Kingdom my friend, obviously you have to bow down to me, but that's a given

To do this, you must pledge any free time to the King, he will be your guide, your saviour and help you kick some serious ***.

Oh and you can't be the one in the Ice blue cloak, he's mine. lol

What do you need to learn about D3, oh and what's your control setting?

Top Bottom