• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Midlands tournament and social thread

Tamoo

Smash Master
Rake: I think the one I used was simply guitarhero.com or something. They have little tournaments pretty much everyday which was awesome. Wish I could still do it but my tv lags gh3 :( and it's a crt tv and all

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Yeah were coaching it, u going to London MTR?
na, too short notice n all that, besides i wanna at least do better in out tournies before i go for a big one

Rake: I think the one I used was simply guitarhero.com or something. They have little tournaments pretty much everyday which was awesome. Wish I could still do it but my tv lags gh3 :( and it's a crt tv and all
ah cool, and once again gh3 ftw!!!! (cliffs of dover rocks). thanks man
infact if you come yens tamoo if its cool with yen i might bring my 360 and guitars to break up the smash =P

Edit: This sucks, theres like no gh3 tournies and few wt ones (although wt is nowhere near as good as 3 its better than band hero :/)

K.Mac

Smash Lord
dude, I'm not going to London just to win, I'm going to London for the banter. :B

that should be the reason for you to go as well. ;) plus we might end up on the next UK smash scene vid XDLOL.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
K.Mac ur not going for the banter dont lie lol, ur going to prove that ur UK's best Metaknight and you know that as well as we all do, aint that right Willz?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
When is this shiz gonna happen, remember I said I will try to make the next EM fest with someone like TC or something.

Is this gonna happen Febuaryish since that's the gap between the London Monthly and also Smash GT.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
dude, I'm not going to London just to win, I'm going to London for the banter. :B

that should be the reason for you to go as well. ;) plus we might end up on the next UK smash scene vid XDLOL.
i dont wanna go to be knocked out straight away though, which has happened a few times in the em fests, although, didnt happen at the last fest but i did somehow lose to calzum

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
K.Mac ur not going for the banter dont lie lol, ur going to prove that ur UK's best Metaknight and you know that as well as we all do, aint that right Willz?
I still think my opinion on Kmacs skill is right lol

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I usually have Brinstar legal in Brawl (it's been legal at the 3 fests beforehand). Must of forgotten to add it as I just copied and pasted Brados ruleset as he had it removed I think.

Brado

Smash Lord
It makes a lot of sense, there are huge differences between the games.

For example Corneria has been legal in loads of big melee tourneys, such as Pound 3, yet would never be in a Brawl tourney cause of the huge advantages it gives Snake and other characters. That's just one example of many lool.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
I know they're different games, but i didnt think the stages would give any characters any huge advantages on them, but i did forget about the likes of snake and diddy.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
D3 cg against corneria wall, DK dtilt lock against the wall, G&W dtilt lock against the wall to name a few of the gay **** Corneria has on BARWLZ.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Never really liked Brinstar if I'm honest but it's included in a lot of the rulesets in America and Europe I believe. Quite a few Euros moan that Rainbow Ride should be banned though. I think that's a waaaaaaaay better stage than Brinstar but meeeherhhrhrhssz

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Brinstar and Rainbow Cruise are the only gay stages that should be allowed in Brawl cuz there obviously not that gay, the other 10 u know.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Right guys...This looks like it'll be the best bet:

Leicester...30/01/10...09:25 to London St Pancrs...10:34

This will give us plenty of time incase anything goes wrong lol, from St Pancras we will get the underground to the venue...then after the tournament we will all head to TCs.

I will also be going with you guys back to Leicester on returning...as from there I need to go to Leicester back to Worcester -.- So because of this it means I can't be back in Leicester to late, but as long its around 4pm or anything we will be fine.

So yeah, get yo selfs to the train station and get some ticketz.

If someone can house me Friday night that would be great so we can get some practice in, if you can't I'll have to meet you at Leicester station at like 9:10.

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
Right guys...This looks like it'll be the best bet:

Leicester...30/01/10...09:25 to London St Pancrs...10:34

This will give us plenty of time incase anything goes wrong lol, from St Pancras we will get the underground to the venue...then after the tournament we will all head to TCs.

I will also be going with you guys back to Leicester on returning...as from there I need to go to Leicester back to Worcester -.- So because of this it means I can't be back in Leicester to late, but as long its around 4pm or anything we will be fine.

So yeah, get yo selfs to the train station and get some ticketz.

If someone can house me Friday night that would be great so we can get some practice in, if you can't I'll have to meet you at Leicester station at like 9:10.
Sounds good Yen.:) Ill purchase my ticket soon

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Oh yeah and if someone can bring my gloves that would be great (don't want cold hand johns). Just gimme then on Friday if i see you yhen or if not, Saturday :)

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
We'll be waiting for the venue to open for over 2 hours though lol. It'll probably take about 1 hour to get there from St Pancras though. So that leaves us with an hour of waiting YEHZZZZ

Yeniths

East Midlands!
We can just go to Charles house first? I'm sure he won't mind...and if we have to wait, we'll just go eat and get food for TCs etc. The venue is often open early to.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Hah, and I will be at TC's all Friday night and saturday morning, getting some golden London practice in.

Sucks to be you, Willz. :bee:

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Kyle we could arrive then to, but this way saves us money and we won't need to keep buying London day travel tickets etc.

Kmac hype for this.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
4srs.

Be prepared for my "This TV is too small" johns, because I'm not afraid to just sit 2" away from them if they're unsuitable. >:|

that's what I do on anything smaller than a 26". I'm not joking.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
LOL I'm sure there will be plenty of them johns to come, better represent UKs MK!!

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
You're getting practice off of TC Kmac lol Me, Brado, Calz and George are gonna be training the night before at hopefully mine =P

Yeniths

East Midlands!
You go to the station and ask for a return to London. You can also buy London day travel tickets while your their to, for the Saturday and Sunday, it was £5 each day for me...prob like £2 for a child.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
K.Mac lets **** in crews, u have been selected for top5 players outside of london! K.Mac Hype Yesz.

Top Bottom