• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Midlands tournament and social thread

Brado

Smash Lord
Cheers Hugo, GG's with you aswelll. I wanna play you once I've learnt the match-up >.<
Same for you X1-12 haha, GG's and nice placing.

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
- Oh also, first thing. Yeah I'm in England for a week. Don't think I can make it to LC unfortunately. Could do brum if anything is kicking off around there sunday/monday/tuesday?

Secondly, do you guys have the number for the two guys who play Melee in Leeds? I'm gonna be rocking up there for a few days so might try to hit them up.

Brado

Smash Lord
Well from what I know, Ollie is the only one in Leeds, the other guy we met goes somewhere else, I could probably get you a number though dude

B.Mack

Smash Ace
why are the midlands communities like 95% melee? :cry:

EDIT:
- Oh also, first thing. Yeah I'm in England for a week. Don't think I can make it to LC unfortunately. Could do brum if anything is kicking off around there sunday/monday/tuesday?
I'm in Brum... you could hit up Smo, he lives pretty close to me and plays Melee. sadly I do not.

Brado

Smash Lord
cuz melee is better.
and i'd still beat you at your own game ;)

Otter if you wanan try and arrange something with Smo that'd be cool. I've messaged the Leeds guy for you and gave him a link to your Facebook, hope you don't mind, his name is Oliver.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Brado, I 2-stocked Dopl's Olimar twice, and he doesnt **** me horribly these days. I could beat your Olimar consistently with at least my best 3. bring it on at next fest. £10 MM BIATCH

B.Mack

Smash Ace
nah, ur a pussaayyy Brado. u know u got lucky and you dont wanna lose ur win record which is inevitable. I'll just train for about 15mins and come beast you in Melee.

K.Mac is next on my remac list. then MTR. whichever of you biatches crosses my path first and has enough lube with them.

Brado

Smash Lord
Loooooool not exactly lucky when I 3-0'd including at least one 2stock hahaha. I ain't even bothered about my win/loss record, I'm just not putting money on brawl besides liek a quid or something

Simon I have sent Ollie's number to you on fb

j3ly

Smash Champion
luck johns are necessary.. think how horribly unlucky mario gets all the time with his tiny hitboxes. smash games are made up of 10% luck, think of all the rock paper scissors moments you get in a match. having a **** off sword helps though.

how much is london-midlands booked well in advance and do you guys ever hold any large smashfests. i'd like to come down and show you what my wavedash smoke smells like.

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
- That doesn't mean Mario gets unlucky during a match as his hitbox properties don't change mid-match. If you know the character has tiny raptor arms you should be spacing in a range where his tiny raptor arms can reach.

And there's definitely some skill to rock paper scissors. When those moments happen in a match you should be reading your opponent to decide what they're most likely to do (which way are they gonna tech roll) choose the best option based on what they've been doing the rest of the match (lololol jab reset). I.e. It's not luck.

I'm sure you all know this. tl;dr: I'm just saying that I agree with Jolt.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
It's amazing how many of these stupid tunes LC can produce lol

edit - holy hell... got bord of doing my essay so decided how to learn to multishine properly with fox, which I have done, can now to like 5+ consistantly...but god I think ive broken my thumb, have a huge *** blister on it! it hurts baddd :(

Tamoo

Smash Master
sableyes gaaay

unless he's helping out the big G man

On a slightly related note, any of you guys have any vulpix/ninetales cards/merchandise?
Currently got all my deck wants so moving onto collection wants. Only vulpix i got is like base2 and pretty messed up condition so will probs trade well for any, esp NM oldies.

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
Sableyes always gay, with his Impersonate and Overconfident BS

Nahh man i dont have any good Ninetales or Vulpix :/ and wont be buying any cards or packs till May when I need to think of a new deck.

I know george has the Shiny Vilpix though (:

This reminds me
BRADLEY GIVE ME YOUR DONPHAN PRIME + 2 Phanpy HGSS NEXT TIME I SEE YOU

Tamoo

Smash Master
but like, two sets are gonna come out during that time, metagame's gonna change man

but yeah, sortof in the same boat, after this booster box comes, def gonna stop buying packs and just buy needs

And yeah, shiny vulpix is a very high need but i'll probs not trade for one till i see if i get one in my plat box

Brado

Smash Lord
I has a couple random ninetales, belive I have a holo one from new sets, if you actually want it then just have it next time I see you haha.

SMASH RELATED. Does anyone want to play, ever, I really wanna play :(

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
nearly everytime the EM thread is revived, it just turns into pokemon card chat... killing the thread.

leave dat **** ffs

i will play you again one day brad.
one day...

Top Bottom