• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easiest Character to Gimp

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Hard to Gimp:
1) Gaw
2) MK
3) Sonic

Easy to Gimp:
1) Link
2) Ganondorf
3) Captain Falcon

TheFast

Smash Lord
And link is not easy to "Gimp" it is easy to knock him far enough so that he wont make it back but the actual act of gimping is not as easy as one would think.
Bad Recovery =/= Easy to Gimp

But every1 is entitled to their vote.

TheFast

Smash Lord
Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and who are we to say there opinion is wrong if we pick and choose opinions than this thread has no point.

Updated Original Post

Vote Deadline Extended to Thursday (originally Tuesday)

Veggi

Smash Champion
The easies to gimp is Ness for me, you can FLUDD him or just follow him around off stage and he'll die. My friend even recorded a video of Ness being gimped by the sandbag. You can even cape his PK Cannon while it's coming at you.

The hardest would be Jigglypuff, she can go under Smashville in two jumps, can stall in the air, quick air moves, easy to footstool with and she has 3rd best air speed in the game. If I remember correctly, she has 2nd best aerial acceleration and 2nd best airspeed. She has multiple jumps and you can footstool her like all 3 times and she still gets back up.

linkmaster71

Smash Rookie
As a Link mainer, I have to say that Link can be very easy to gimp.

If you don't have a bomb in hand, his already sub-par recovery is easy to gimp.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
A smart pika is hard to cape. What is this Fludd nonsense?
Use FLUDD to prevent QA from sweetspotting and cape him afterwards, granted it's harder to do than I made it sound, but he's definetly not the hardest character to gimp, for Mario anyways.

TheFast

Smash Lord
o yah...... I think MK would be eayer to gimp than that with mario still. I think GaW, ROB, and Jiggs are the hardest for Mario to gimp.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Yeah, FLUDD makes things lag a lot and basically nulls momentum that goes against it, it's basically how Mario mains beat G&W. You also FLUDD Ness' PK Cannon when it comes right at you and it goes pretty much no where, it's pretty funny looking.

Veggi

Smash Champion
One time I was up b'ing back to the stage and accidently hit Ness' PK Thunder, causing him to die. I didn't hit Ness either.

I'm sure every Mario main has done this at least once, but FLUDD'ing Ness away from his PK Thunder and watching him try to follow himself with it is too good. I got him to launch himself into the blast zone once.

Also, the reason ROB isn't hard to gimp for Mario is because you can harass him off stage easier and Mario's uair chains to his meteor on ROB, ROB is a big target, his projectiles don't work to stop you and fireball to meteor works too.

G&W is 2nd hardest for Mario because as long as G&W has the edge in up b range he can get back safely and cape gives him back his up b, which is nonsense. Sonic is also hard because the cape gives him his up b back and Sonic has good air movement. To beat Sonic, it seems the only good option is meteor.

Top Bottom