• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Early Smash 5 Fan-Made Rosters (Ideal or Prediction)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, in the case of what I said, it would be Cynthia who could summon Garchomp (among her other Pokémon) for moves.
Not Garchomp itself. :p
I wouldn't mind that.

...but I also wouldn't mind Garchomp in Smash either way. :p
My brother just really likes Garchomp so it'd be neat.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Cynthia would be kind of interesting for something like that in place of Red.
Granted, she's not a player character, but Cynthia is very popular and makes a lot of appearances in the series.
And only one of her seven main team members (as in, none of the one-timers like Gastrodon, Braviary, and Elektross) has its own roster slot. She could use a full team of six without Lucario.
I tried predicting Kanto Trainer for Smash 4 with Chespin & Braixen. Does that count as me predicting Greninja? :3

D

Deleted member

Crap. That's what I meant. :p
But to be serious.

I'm not sure if that counts since you predicted Greninja as part of a collective as opposed to Greninja solo. I'm not the one to judge that, though. :p

(Though if you want to know something cool, I predicted that if Pokémon Trainer couldn't come back for whatever reason that Charizard was the only one that would possibly go solo. :cool:)

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
But to be serious.

I'm not sure if that counts since you predicted Greninja as part of a collective as opposed to Greninja solo. I'm not the one to judge that, though. :p

(Though if you want to know something cool, I predicted that if Pokémon Trainer couldn't come back for whatever reason that Charizard was the only one that would possibly go solo. :cool:)
Well Charizard is one of the most popular Pokemon. Lots of people had that idea. I wasn't willing to accept that such a creative character like Pokemon Trainer would be downgraded.

And I was shilling Kalos Trainer before the final evolution were announced. :p

D

Deleted member

Well Charizard is one of the most popular Pokemon. Lots of people had that idea. I wasn't willing to accept that such a creative character like Pokemon Trainer would be downgraded.

And I was shilling Kalos Trainer before the final evolution were announced. :p
Actually, I had a lot more people telling me that they would make Squirtle and Ivysaur solo too. :p

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Also just because Mario beats up his friends doesn't mean there's a line in the sand. Like I'm pretty sure if Baby Mario or Nintendog were suggested as playable characters there would be SERIOUS controversy surrounding the fact that you beat the ever loving crap out of a baby and a real-life, non cartoon, dog.

You can't just say "Well this weird thing happens, so there's no rules."
Well games doesn't really effect people in real life but if it was then you will see a lot of kids using guns or knife and kill other people.
In smash you don't kill someone (exept pikmins) and it's just a fighting game and made for fun and adding new creative ideas.
Also don't forget that you can blow up baby Mario in Mario kart and no one complained about it.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Well games doesn't really effect people in real life but if it was then you will see a lot of kids using guns or knife and kill other people.
In smash you don't kill someone (exept pikmins) and it's just a fighting game and made for fun and adding new creative ideas.
Also don't forget that you can blow up baby Mario in Mario kart and no one complained about it.
................what the heck are you talking about???

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
U said "there would be SERIOUS controversy surrounding the fact that you beat the ever loving crap out of a baby and a real-life, non cartoon, dog." So what I am saying is that there is no problem about it because it's just a game.
Without saying which side is right on the issue, but things being "just a game" doesn't stop controversy from happening.

Source: every game controversy that's ever existed.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Without saying which side is right on the issue, but things being "just a game" doesn't stop controversy from happening.

There is sometimes controversy but not too much like they were ok with Mario fighting peach and bowser fighting his own son it's not like there is blood everywhere and death it's still just fighting/party game and people don't complain about it or anything like that but they enjoy it because it's fun.

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
U said "there would be SERIOUS controversy surrounding the fact that you beat the ever loving crap out of a baby and a real-life, non cartoon, dog." So what I am saying is that there is no problem about it because it's just a game.

That's why changes exist between international games. Like in Bravely Second when they replaced the awesome Native American costumes because of easily offended SJWs in America.

Or when the seals in Ice Climber were changed to completely different enemies because of controversy surrounding seal clubbing.

Heck, Peach was originally going to appear in Punch-Out!! for Wii, but her appearance was cancelled because of controversy surrounding violence against women.

Geno Boost Geno Boost , what confused me is that you went into a nonsensical run-on sentence about violence in video games causing people to murder in real life which was completely irrelevant to anything. Then you started talking about Pikmin dying and Baby Mario being blown up, like what?

Like you equated Baby Mario having a Bob-Omb thrown at him in Mario Kart to having older characters beat the ever loving crap out of him. A completely unfair comparison.

It's not like throwing bombs at Baby Mario in Mario Kart causes his guts and limbs to go flying everywhere. Different games have different levels of cartoon violence. That's what the ESRB Rating system is for.

The ESRB rating system can have a drastic effect on how developers change their games. Bayonetta's appearance in Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed was cancelled because of this. They were worried it would change the game's age rating which would cripple its sales.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not gonna go too far with this or derail the thread, but I think it should be said.

That's why changes exist between international games. Like in Bravely Second when they replaced the awesome Native American costumes because of easily offended SJWs in America.
The costume was a full-on hodgepodge of offensive Native American stereotypes (beads, feathers, and buckskin all together regardless of tribal differences and clad in war paint and throwing tomahawks...) that ended up being replaced with the (correct me if I'm wrong) a gameplay-equivalent gunslinger. I mean yeah, there are worse offenders than Square Enix with this stuff, but as they say, "we can do better." And we should. Equating that with "le evil sjws" like I see so many doing is uncalled for IMO.

Not trying to derail the thread though. So I'll also respond.

There is sometimes controversy but not too much like they were ok with Mario fighting peach and bowser fighting his own son it's not like there is blood everywhere and death it's still just fighting/party game and people don't complain about it or anything like that but they enjoy it because it's fun.
As stated above, there's a different degree of violence when comparing something like Mario Kart to something like Smash.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Not gonna go too far with this or derail the thread, but I think it should be said.
The costume was a full-on hodgepodge of offensive Native American stereotypes (beads, feathers, and buckskin all together regardless of tribal differences and clad in war paint and throwing tomahawks...) that ended up being replaced with the (correct me if I'm wrong) a gameplay-equivalent gunslinger. I mean yeah, there are worse offenders than Square Enix with this stuff, but as they say, "we can do better." And we should. Equating that with "le evil sjws" like I see so many doing is uncalled for IMO.
As stated above, there's a different degree of violence when comparing something like Mario Kart to something like Smash.
I haven't seen them in a while. I remember them being more standard. I was just mad because they looked so much cooler than the cowboy outfit. And wouldn't it be more offensive that they replaced Native Americans with the people that slaughtered them?

But, whatever. You said not to derail the thread so I'll shut up.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
But a Pokemon trainer fighting a Pokemon is in the same degree as Mario fighting peach and bowser fighting his son in smash or am I wrong about it?

Or when the seals in Ice Climber were changed to completely different enemies because of controversy surrounding seal clubbing.

Heck, Peach was originally going to appear in Punch-Out!! for Wii, but her appearance was cancelled because of controversy surrounding violence against women.

Geno Boost Geno Boost , what confused me is that you went into a nonsensical run-on sentence about violence in video games causing people to murder in real life which was completely irrelevant to anything. Then you started talking about Pikmin dying and Baby Mario being blown up, like what?

Like you equated Baby Mario having a Bob-Omb thrown at him in Mario Kart to having older characters beat the ever loving crap out of him. A completely unfair comparison.

It's not like throwing bombs at Baby Mario in Mario Kart causes his guts and limbs to go flying everywhere. Different games have different levels of cartoon violence. That's what the ESRB Rating system is for.

The ESRB rating system can have a drastic effect on how developers change their games. Bayonetta's appearance in Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed was cancelled because of this. They were worried it would change the game's age rating which would cripple its sales.
i understand why these things has removed because people would complain about it but Smash would just allow a character to fight and there isn't too many things that shouldn't be allowed. For example here is a list of things that was allowed:
Link fighting zelda
Mario fighting peach
Bowser fight his own son
Any character fighting a dog
So I don't see the problem of a Pokemon trainer I don't think anyone will complain about this if the other things were allowed I am sure they would enjoy it instead because it's fun.
The reason why I did bring real life stuff is because games wouldn't effect us and video game developers can do whatever they want there games to have (as long as it's not something very offensive).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I haven't seen them in a while. I remember them being more standard. I was just mad because they looked so much cooler than the cowboy outfit. And wouldn't it be more offensive that they replaced Native Americans with the people that slaughtered them?

But, whatever. You said not to derail the thread so I'll shut up.
While I see where you're coming from, in that case it's a bit more of a non-issue since gunslingers/cowboys didn't do that exclusively and was a legitimate occupation as well. :p But yeah, best we move on. Speaking of...

But a Pokemon trainer fighting a Pokemon is in the same degree as Mario fighting peach and bowser fighting his son in smash or am I wrong about it?

i understand why these things has removed because people would complain about it but Smash would just allow a character to fight and there isn't too many things that shouldn't be allowed. For example here is a list of things that was allowed:
Link fighting zelda
Mario fighting peach
Bowser fight his own son
Any character fighting a dog
So I don't see the problem of a Pokemon trainer I don't think anyone will complain about this if the other things were allowed I am sure they would enjoy it instead because it's fun.
The reason why I did bring real life stuff is because games wouldn't effect us and video game developers can do whatever they want there games to have (as long as it's not something very offensive).
The thing is, the people Sakurai went to for permission to use, say, Mario and Peach aren't the same people who do the same for Pokémon. TPC is much more strict with how Pokémon characters can be used. All that needs to be done to see this is to look at some of the leaked pages of their merchandise guideline book. It makes it incredibly clear that they want to keep the view of the Pokémon World consistent across all things, no matter how "canon" it is. If they won't even allow licensed merchandise vendors to mention Pokémon preying on each other despite it happening in the main series games, why would they allow Smash to show one of Pokémon's heroes fighting the series mascot Pokémon in a Smash battle, when people-on-Pokémon violence is explicitly denounced in literally every continuity? It simply won't happen due to TPCI's strict guidelines.

I wanted to say this to clarify this point with you. That being said, I, too, think we should move on if this isn't sufficient. Circular arguments get us nowhere.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Decided to post my updated ideal roster here, as well.

Update:

Alts:

*insert Kaptain K. Rool icon here*

Cut explanations:
Dr. Mario: Didn't want to have full clones, and didn't want to cut him entirely either, so he became an alt. Doc's specials become customs for Mario.

Dark Pit: So few differences from Pit that I'm not sure was there any point making him separate. I didn't want to give KI third unique character, either.

Roy and Lucina: Wanted to reduce the amount of FE characters, didn't want to cut the unique characters, so they had to go. Lucina is still an alt.
  • Toad can just be Toad. He can have Captain Toad's abilities without being Captain Toad. Captain Toad is merely a subset of the "character" Toad.
  • I'm gonna tell you the same thing I've been telling people for years, and what Sakurai recently told fans. To put it simply "Ridley just wouldn't be Ridley in Super Smash Bros." the changes that would have to be made would ruin his character.
  • Waddle Dee? I mean you've got Toad already, you might as well. You're already adding non-character characters.
  • Ganon, I don't see the point. You're going to need a little more than "well, he's a classic villian." There has to be a reason Ganon brings something to Smash that couldn't be acheived with Ganon & Ganondorf as one character. And I don't mean like his moves. I mean his inclusion needs to have some kind of meaning. Some kind of justification that amounts to more than him not being a Captain Falcon "clone."
  • Everything else is "arguably" justified. I agree with most of it. Don't know about Rayman or Andy. There's definitely a treasure trove of better third parties you could add. (Bomberman, Simon Belmont, Shadow The Hedgehog, Indie characters like Shantae or Shovel Knight)
  • You have a good selection of costumes. I wouldn't agree with Dark Samus, simply because of the fact that she (it?) holds too many different abilities, and Ninten because he and Ness are practically the exact same design. But, I love Ninten. Personally I want him to be a separate character with a new design and abilities like PK Beam. But, that won't happen.
  • As for clones? I mean what the heck? They are alts but they have their own abilities? Why not just make them separate characters? If they have their own abilities they ARE separate characters. They have to be counted as such in the records of the game. What is your hatred for clones? Because they aren't different enough they are not important? That's simply not true. And Dark Pit has good reason to be in Smash. So what if he's not that different? Why would you want LESS characters? Dark Pit is cool. That's kind of what he relies on to differentiate himself from Pit.

By making them alts, but keeping their differences, you have defeated the purpose of making them alts.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
While I see where you're coming from, in that case it's a bit more of a non-issue since gunslingers/cowboys didn't do that exclusively and was a legitimate occupation as well. :p But yeah, best we move on. Speaking of...

The thing is, the people Sakurai went to for permission to use, say, Mario and Peach aren't the same people who do the same for Pokémon. TPC is much more strict with how Pokémon characters can be used. All that needs to be done to see this is to look at some of the leaked pages of their merchandise guideline book. It makes it incredibly clear that they want to keep the view of the Pokémon World consistent across all things, no matter how "canon" it is. If they won't even allow licensed merchandise vendors to mention Pokémon preying on each other despite it happening in the main series games, why would they allow Smash to show one of Pokémon's heroes fighting the series mascot Pokémon in a Smash battle, when people-on-Pokémon violence is explicitly denounced in literally every continuity? It simply won't happen due to TPCI's strict guidelines.

I wanted to say this to clarify this point with you. That being said, I, too, think we should move on if this isn't sufficient. Circular arguments get us nowhere.
Ok I guess we have to move on it all depends in game freak opinion after all.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
  • Toad can just be Toad. He can have Captain Toad's abilities without being Captain Toad. Captain Toad is merely a subset of the "character" Toad.
  • I'm gonna tell you the same thing I've been telling people for years, and what Sakurai recently told fans. To put it simply "Ridley just wouldn't be Ridley in Super Smash Bros." the changes that would have to be made would ruin his character.
  • Waddle Dee? I mean you've got Toad already, you might as well. You're already adding non-character characters.
  • Ganon, I don't see the point. You're going to need a little more than "well, he's a classic villian." There has to be a reason Ganon brings something to Smash that couldn't be acheived with Ganon & Ganondorf as one character. And I don't mean like his moves. I mean his inclusion needs to have some kind of meaning. Some kind of justification that amounts to more than him not being a Captain Falcon "clone."
  • Everything else is "arguably" justified. I agree with most of it. Don't know about Rayman or Andy. There's definitely a treasure trove of better third parties you could add. (Bomberman, Simon Belmont, Shadow The Hedgehog, Indie characters like Shantae or Shovel Knight)
  • You have a good selection of costumes. I wouldn't agree with Dark Samus, simply because of the fact that she (it?) holds too many different abilities, and Ninten because he and Ness are practically the exact same design. But, I love Ninten. Personally I want him to be a separate character with a new design and abilities like PK Beam. But, that won't happen.
  • As for clones? I mean what the heck? They are alts but they have their own abilities? Why not just make them separate characters? If they have their own abilities they ARE separate characters. They have to be counted as such in the records of the game. What is your hatred for clones? Because they aren't different enough they are not important? That's simply not true. And Dark Pit has good reason to be in Smash. So what if he's not that different? Why would you want LESS characters? Dark Pit is cool. That's kind of what he relies on to differentiate himself from Pit.

By making them alts, but keeping their differences, you have defeated the purpose of making them alts.
You know Bandana Dee is his own character right? He is an individual as opposed to a common enemy,

• I personally prefer Captain Toad over regular Toad. And I think he is more likely to happen, as he recently got his own game and Peach's neutral special wouldn't be a problem for him.
  • I don't agree with Sakurai's logic. I think with enough effort, he can work as a playable character. Also, this is not intended to be a realistic roster.
  • Like Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei said, he is his own character, and is currently the fourth main Kirby character.
  • Yes, I added him because he is a classic villain, because I didn't want to add any one-off characters, and I felt Impa might be too similar to Sheik.
  • I wanted to limit the amount of third-parties in my roster, so I didn't give a second character to any company that didn't already have two in Smash 4. I'm personally against indie characters: I prefer third-parties to be gaming icons, but I made an exception for Bayonetta, as she is already in.
  • I said this is my ideal roster, I personally prefer them as alts. I would've cut them off completely, but I though it was better if they stayed as alts, at least then people would still have some way to play as them.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
You know Bandana Dee is his own character right? He is an individual as opposed to a common enemy,
That's not how he started. Until Kirby Super Star he was a generic enemy. And he still appears in Kirby games as a generic enemy.

And his name is not Bandana Dee. My point is that I don't think characters that appear as generic enemies or NPCs are likely to make it in over actual characters. Even if they are playable in other games of the series. I don't agree with their additions.

And being the fourth playable character in a game does not make you the fourth main character.

But, if Sakurai does decide to start adding characters like that, Toad is the closest to being a legitimate character. And I'd like to see what he does with Bandana Waddle Dee. A mixture of Spear and Generic Waddle Dee abilities would be neat.

Oh, and I just want a point this out, because one person made a really dumb (yet condescending) argument last time.

It went something like "Yeah, perfect logic, man! Guess we have to remove Yoshi and Pikachu. Ha ha!"

Yoshi is the star of his own series and Pikachu is the mascot of his own series. Also Pokemon in general are a completely different case.

I know I don't have to explain that to you, but you never know when somebody else is gonna pop in with a condescending logical fallacy that gets a bunch of "likes".

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That's not how he started. Until Kirby Super Star he was a generic enemy. And he still appears in Kirby games as a generic enemy.

And his name is not Bandana Dee. My point is that I don't think characters that appear as generic enemies or NPCs are likely to make it in over actual characters. Even if they are playable in other games of the series. I don't agree with their additions.

And being the fourth playable character in a game does not make you the fourth main character.

But, if Sakurai does decide to start adding characters like that, Toad is the closest to being a legitimate character. And I'd like to see what he does with Bandana Waddle Dee. A mixture of Spear and Generic Waddle Dee abilities would be neat.

Oh, and I just want a point this out, because one person made a really dumb (yet condescending) argument last time.

It went something like "Yeah, perfect logic, man! Guess we have to remove Yoshi and Pikachu. Ha ha!"

Yoshi is the star of his own series and Pikachu is the mascot of his own series. Also Pokemon in general are a completely different case.

I know I don't have to explain that to you, but you never know when somebody else is gonna pop in with a condescending logical fallacy that gets a bunch of "likes".
His name is actually Bandana Waddle Dee. He got it in Triple Deluxe. He is an individual with a defined role nowadays so the generic enemy line should not apply.

You can view him as you like but canon dictates it isn't just a Waddle Dee.

That said, he'd be amazing.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366

Except Bandana waddle Dee (the character) was never a generic enemy, just his specie is that of one. Even if he at the start didn't have an unique name (he got it in triple deluxe), His Bandana makes it clear it's the specific character because generic waddle dees have never used one.
This is unlike Toad's situation were there isn't a clear character/species distinction, which is to the primary reason people want Captain Toad.

I accept reasons like thinking Bandana Dee isn't important/popular/unique enough, but I disagree with the argument that he's a generic enemy.

Last edited:

Meandpikachu

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I just made my own Roster for Super Smash Bros for SWITCH (2019)
A Big picture, Big Descriptions, and my Ideas.

Super Smash Bros for SWITCH - Final Roster Color03.jpg

THIS IS JUST A FAN-MADE ROSTER!!!
This is the update of the roster.
Original Roster.Original Roster (V2)
Original Roster (V3)
Original Roster (V4)
Original Roster (V5)
Original Roster (V6)
Original Roster (V7)
Original Roster (V8)

Super Smash Bros for NX
Publisher: Nintendo/EX0TIC-BUTTERS
Genre: Fighting
Platforms: Nintendo NX
Released: 2019
Mode: Single Player, Multi Player, One Multiplayer, Online Players.
Controller: NX Controller, VR Controller, Wii Remote, Wii U Controller, and Game Cube Controller.
Ratings: E10+
Costs: $59.99

STARTING ROSTER(Coming Soon.)

It has 109 characters in the roster.
Super Mario Bros
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Bowser Jr.
Rosalina
Captain Toad
Geno
Yoshi
Mario Spinoffs
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
Stanley
Wario
Waluigi
The Legends of Zelda
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Ghirahim
Ravio
Toon Link
Vaati
Metroid
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Kid Icarus
Pit
Palutena
Magnus
F-Zero
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow
Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike
Robin
Roy
Corrin
Black Night
Azura
Leif
Ana
Kirby
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Waddle Dee
Magolor
Adeline
Punch Out
Little Mac
MOTHER
Ness
Lucas
Kumatora
Masked Man
Travis
Ninten
Star Fox
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal
Animal Crossing
Villager
Isabelle
Pikmin
Olimar
Chibi Robo
Chibi Robo
Xenoblade Chronicles
Shulk
Elma
Gwin
Pokémon
Pikachu
Ivysuar
Charizard
Squirtle
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Jirachi
Lucario
Lopunny
Darkrai
Oshawott
Braixen
Decidueye
Other Nintendo Series
Mr. Game & Watch
R.O.B.
Wii Fit Trainer
Duck Hunt Duo
Inklings
Prince Sable
Takamaru
Dillon
Wonderful Red
Marshal
Sheriff
Ice Climbers
Clones
Dr. Mario
Dr. Luigi
Young Link
Lucina
Pichu
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic
Tails
Knuckle
Mega Man
Mega Man
Pac-Man
Pacman
Street Fighters
Ryu
Final Fantasy
Cloud
Bayonetta
Bayonetta
Shovel Knight
Shovel Knight
Tales of Symphobia
Lloyd Irving [URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510
[/URL]
Professor Layton
Professor Layton
YoKai Watch
Jibanyan
Overwatch
Tracer
Metal Gear Solid
Snake [URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510
[/URL]
Mii FightersMii
Brawlers
Mii Sword [URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510
[/URL]
Mii Gunner [URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510
[/URL]
Mii Wizard
Mii Pilgrim

[URL]http://kayosa-stock.deviantart.com/art/Green-orb-525059248
[/URL]48 Newcomers Captain Toad
Geno [URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510
[/URL]
King K. Rool
Stanley [URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510
[/URL]
Waluigi [URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510
[/URL]
Ghirahim [URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510
[/URL]
Ravio
Vaati [URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510
[/URL]
Ridley [URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510
[/URL]
Magnus [URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510
[/URL]
Black Shadow [URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510
[/URL]
Black Knight [URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510
[/URL]
Azura
Leif [URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510
[/URL]
Ana [URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510
[/URL]
Waddle Dee [URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510
[/URL]
Magolor [URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510
[/URL]
Adeline [URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510
[/URL]
Kumatora [URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510
[/URL]
Masked Man [URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510
[/URL]
Travis
Ninten [URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510
[/URL]
Krystal
Isabelle [URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510
[/URL]
Chibi Robo
Elma
Gwin [URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510
[/URL]
Jirachi [URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510
[/URL]
Lopunny
Darkrai [URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510
[/URL]
Oshawott
Braixen
Decidueye
Inkling
Prince Sable [URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510
[/URL]
Takamaru
Dillon
Wonderful Red [URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510
[/URL]
Marshal
Sheriff [URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510
[/URL]
Dr. Luigi [URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510
[/URL]
Tails
Knuckles [URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510
[/URL]
Shovel Night
Lloyd Irving
Professor Layton
Jibanyan
Tracer

[URL]http://rainbow-bullet-plz.deviantart.com/art/Rainbow-Bullet-311828484
[/URL] ALTERNATE COSTUMES
Mario

Boomerang Mario
Cat Mario
Fire Mario
Tanooki Mario
Mario Maker
USA Golf Mario
Mr. M

Luigi

Mr. L

Bowser

Dry Bowser
Meowser

Peach

Daisy
Fire Peach
Peach - Sunshine
Shadow Queen

Bowser Jr.

I
ggy
Lemmy
Larry
Ludwig
Morton
Roy
Wendy
Baby Bowser
Mowser
Fawful

Captain Toad
Captain Toadette

Geno

Mallow

Yoshi

Birdo

Donkey Kong

Funky Kong

Diddy Kong

Dixie Kong

King K. Rool

Kaptain K. Rool

Wario

Biker Wario

Waluigi

Biker Waluigi

Link

Fierce Deity
Hyrule Warriors Link
Classic Link
Ocarina of Time Link
Linkle
Dark Link

Zelda

Twilight Princess Zelda
Ocarina of Time Zelda
Hyrule Warrior Zelda

Sheik

No alternate costume available

Ganondorf

Hyrule Warrior Ganondorf
Ganon

Samus
Dark Samus
Samus - Fusion Suit
Retro Suit Samus
Varia Suit Samus
PED Suit Samus
Phazon Suit Samus
Light Suit Samus

Zero Suit Samus
ZZS 1
ZSS 2
ZSS Young

Pit
Classic

Captain Falcon
GX
Retro

Marth
Famicon

Ike
Brawl

Roy
Eliwood

Meta Knight

Galatic Knight
Concept art Meta Knight

Little Mac
Hood
Wireframe

Ness
Pajamas Ness

Lucas
C
ommander Lucas

Ninten
Alt - Commercial

Fox McCloud

Assault
Melee
James McCloud

[URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510
[/URL] Falco Lombardi

Assault
Melee

[/URL] Wolf O'Donnel

Classic
Assault

Krystal
Assault
Dinosaur Planet

Villager
Customize Villager

[/URL] Isabelle

Summer Outfit

Olimar and Pikmin
[/URL] Louie
[/URL] The President
Alph
Brittany
[/URL] Charlie

Shulk
Naked

Pikachu
All PKMN Male Hat
Detective Pikachu
Mystery Dungeon Pikachu
Pikachu Libre

[/URL] Ivysaur

Snivy
Treeko
Chikorita

[/URL] Charizard

Blaziken
Quilava

[/URL] Squirtle

Totodile
Piplup

Jigglypuff
[/URL] Igglybuff
[/URL] Marill

[/URL] Jirachi

[/URL] Mew
Victini
Manaphy
Celebii
[/URL] Hoopa
[/URL] Cosmog

Lucario
Karate
Mystery Dungeon Lucario

Oshawott
Popplio
Mudkip

Braixen
Monferno
Litten

Decidueye
Torterra
Chesnaught

[/URL] R.O.B.
Virtual Boy R.O.B.
Wii R.O.B.
Dark R.O.B.
Gamecube R.O.B.

Wii fit Trainer
Male
Wii U
Switch

Inkling
Customize

[/URL] Pichu

Plusle
Minun
Pachirisu
Emolga
Dedenee
Tomedagaru

Sonic

[/URL] Shadow
Sonic Boom
Classic Sonic

Tails
Classic Tails
Sonic Boom Tails

[/URL] Knuckles

Sonic Boom Knuckles
Classic Knuckles

Mega Man
[/URL] Proto Man

PacMan

Modern 2013

Mii FightersBrawl
[/URL] Sword
[/URL] Gunner
Wizard
Pilgrim

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hey guys I just made my own Roster for Super Smash Bros for SWITCH (2019)
A Big picture, Big Descriptions, and my Ideas.

View attachment 124144

THIS IS JUST A FAN-MADE ROSTER!!!
This is the update of the roster.
Original Roster.Original Roster (V2)
Original Roster (V3)
Original Roster (V4)
Original Roster (V5)
Original Roster (V6)
Original Roster (V7)
Original Roster (V8)

Super Smash Bros for NX
Publisher: Nintendo/EX0TIC-BUTTERS
Genre: Fighting
Platforms: Nintendo NX
Released: 2019
Mode: Single Player, Multi Player, One Multiplayer, Online Players.
Controller: NX Controller, VR Controller, Wii Remote, Wii U Controller, and Game Cube Controller.
Ratings: E10+
Costs: $59.99

STARTING ROSTER(Coming Soon.)

It has 109 characters in the roster.
Super Mario Bros

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Bowser Jr.
Rosalina
Captain Toad
Geno
Yoshi
Mario Spinoffs
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
Stanley
Wario
Waluigi
The Legends of Zelda
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Ghirahim
Ravio
Toon Link
Vaati
Metroid
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Kid Icarus
Pit
Palutena
Magnus
F-Zero
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow
Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike
Robin
Roy
Corrin
Black Night
Azura
Leif
Ana
Kirby
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Waddle Dee
Magolor
Adeline
Punch Out
Little Mac
MOTHER
Ness
Lucas
Kumatora
Masked Man
Travis
Ninten
Star Fox
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal
Animal Crossing
Villager
Isabelle
Pikmin
Olimar
Chibi Robo
Chibi Robo
Xenoblade Chronicles
Shulk
Elma
Gwin
Pokémon
Pikachu
Ivysuar
Charizard
Squirtle
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Jirachi
Lucario
Lopunny
Darkrai
Oshawott
Braixen
Decidueye
Other Nintendo Series
Mr. Game & Watch
R.O.B.
Wii Fit Trainer
Duck Hunt Duo
Inklings
Prince Sable
Takamaru
Dillon
Wonderful Red
Marshal
Sheriff
Ice Climbers
Clones
Dr. Mario
Dr. Luigi
Young Link
Lucina
Pichu
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic
Tails
Knuckle
Mega Man
Mega Man
Pac-Man
Pacman
Street Fighters
Ryu
Final Fantasy
Cloud
Bayonetta
Bayonetta
Shovel Knight
Shovel Knight
Tales of Symphobia
Lloyd Irving [URL][URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510[/URL]
[/URL]
Professor Layton
Professor Layton
YoKai Watch
Jibanyan
Overwatch
Tracer
Metal Gear Solid
Snake [URL][URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510[/URL]
[/URL]
Mii FightersMii
Brawlers
Mii Sword [URL][URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510[/URL]
[/URL]
Mii Gunner [URL][URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510[/URL]
[/URL]
Mii Wizard
Mii Pilgrim

[URL][URL]http://kayosa-stock.deviantart.com/art/Green-orb-525059248[/URL]
[/URL]48 Newcomers Captain Toad
Geno [URL][URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510[/URL]
[/URL]
King K. Rool
Stanley [URL][URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510[/URL]
[/URL]
Waluigi [URL][URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510[/URL]
[/URL]
Ghirahim [URL][URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510[/URL]
[/URL]
Ravio
Vaati [URL][URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510[/URL]
[/URL]
Ridley [URL][URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510[/URL]
[/URL]
Magnus [URL][URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510[/URL]
[/URL]
Black Shadow [URL][URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510[/URL]
[/URL]
Black Knight [URL][URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510[/URL]
[/URL]
Azura
Leif [URL][URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510[/URL]
[/URL]
Ana [URL][URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510[/URL]
[/URL]
Waddle Dee [URL][URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510[/URL]
[/URL]
Magolor [URL][URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510[/URL]
[/URL]
Adeline [URL][URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510[/URL]
[/URL]
Kumatora [URL][URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510[/URL]
[/URL]
Masked Man [URL][URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510[/URL]
[/URL]
Travis
Ninten [URL][URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510[/URL]
[/URL]
Krystal
Isabelle [URL][URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510[/URL]
[/URL]
Chibi Robo
Elma
Gwin [URL][URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510[/URL]
[/URL]
Jirachi [URL][URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510[/URL]
[/URL]
Lopunny
Darkrai [URL][URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510[/URL]
[/URL]
Oshawott
Braixen
Decidueye
Inkling
Prince Sable [URL][URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510[/URL]
[/URL]
Takamaru
Dillon
Wonderful Red [URL][URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510[/URL]
[/URL]
Marshal
Sheriff [URL][URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510[/URL]
[/URL]
Dr. Luigi [URL][URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510[/URL]
[/URL]
Tails
Knuckles [URL][URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510[/URL]
[/URL]
Shovel Night
Lloyd Irving
Professor Layton
Jibanyan
Tracer

[URL][URL]http://rainbow-bullet-plz.deviantart.com/art/Rainbow-Bullet-311828484[/URL]
[/URL] ALTERNATE COSTUMES
Mario

Boomerang Mario
Cat Mario
Fire Mario
Tanooki Mario
Mario Maker
USA Golf Mario
Mr. M

Luigi

Mr. L

Bowser

Dry Bowser
Meowser

Peach

Daisy
Fire Peach
Peach - Sunshine
Shadow Queen

Bowser Jr.

I
ggy
Lemmy
Larry
Ludwig
Morton
Roy
Wendy
Baby Bowser
Mowser
Fawful

Captain Toad
Captain Toadette

Geno

Mallow

Yoshi

Birdo

Donkey Kong

Funky Kong

Diddy Kong

Dixie Kong

King K. Rool

Kaptain K. Rool

Wario

Biker Wario

Waluigi

Biker Waluigi

Link

Fierce Deity
Hyrule Warriors Link
Classic Link
Ocarina of Time Link
Linkle
Dark Link

Zelda

Twilight Princess Zelda
Ocarina of Time Zelda
Hyrule Warrior Zelda

Sheik

No alternate costume available

Ganondorf

Hyrule Warrior Ganondorf
Ganon

Samus
Dark Samus
Samus - Fusion Suit
Retro Suit Samus
Varia Suit Samus
PED Suit Samus
Phazon Suit Samus
Light Suit Samus

Zero Suit Samus
ZZS 1
ZSS 2
ZSS Young

Pit
Classic

Captain Falcon
GX
Retro

Marth
Famicon

Ike
Brawl

Roy
Eliwood

Meta Knight

Galatic Knight
Concept art Meta Knight

Little Mac
Hood
Wireframe

Ness
Pajamas Ness

Lucas
C
ommander Lucas

[/URL] Ninten

Alt - Commercial

Fox McCloud

Assault
Melee
[/URL] James McCloud

[URL][URL]http://dreamscape195.deviantart.com/art/unlocked-519919510[/URL]
[/URL] Falco Lombardi

Assault
Melee

[/URL] Wolf O'Donnel

Classic
Assault

Krystal
Assault
Dinosaur Planet

Villager
Customize Villager

[/URL] Isabelle

Summer Outfit

Olimar and Pikmin
[/URL] Louie
[/URL] The President
Alph
Brittany
[/URL] Charlie

Shulk
Naked

Pikachu
All PKMN Male Hat
Detective Pikachu
Mystery Dungeon Pikachu
Pikachu Libre

[/URL] Ivysaur

Snivy
Treeko
Chikorita

[/URL] Charizard

Blaziken
Quilava

[/URL] Squirtle

Totodile
Piplup

Jigglypuff
[/URL] Igglybuff
[/URL] Marill

[/URL] Jirachi

[/URL] Mew
Victini
Manaphy
Celebii
[/URL] Hoopa
[/URL] Cosmog

Lucario
Karate
Mystery Dungeon Lucario

Oshawott
Popplio
Mudkip

Braixen
Monferno
Litten

Decidueye
Torterra
Chesnaught

[/URL] R.O.B.
Virtual Boy R.O.B.
Wii R.O.B.
Dark R.O.B.
Gamecube R.O.B.

Wii fit Trainer
Male
Wii U
Switch

Inkling
Customize

[/URL] Pichu

Plusle
Minun
Pachirisu
Emolga
Dedenee
Tomedagaru

Sonic

[/URL] Shadow
Sonic Boom
Classic Sonic

Tails
Classic Tails
Sonic Boom Tails

[/URL] Knuckles

Sonic Boom Knuckles
Classic Knuckles

Mega Man
[/URL] Proto Man

PacMan

Modern 2013

Mii FightersBrawl
[/URL] Sword
[/URL] Gunner
Wizard
Pilgrim
Looks like you might have some formatting issues. :p

Those aside, it's pretty nice as far as a wishlist roster is concerned (naturally I have some qualms if it's a prediction, but with over a hundred characters it's obvious it's more of a wishlist anyway).

My biggest question is why Greninja was cut. You added lots of others and even brought back all veteran Pokémon Smashers, yet left him out. Any reason why? I just find it odd since he's inarguably the face of Generation VI.

QuintonShark8714

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Monroeshark8713
I also made an "unlockable" roster for the fun of it. I was disappointed with how unlockable characters were handled in Smash 4. Same Roster though.

Veterans
  • Luigi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Jigglypuff
  • Mewtwo
  • Lucario
  • Sheik
  • Ganondorf
  • Toon Link
  • Zero Suit Samus
  • Meta Knight
  • Falco
  • Wolf
  • Lucas
  • Roy
  • Mr. Game & Watch
  • R.O.B.
Newcomers
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Rosalina & Luma
  • Paper Mario
  • Waluigi
  • Toon Zelda
  • Decidueye
  • Corrin
  • Elma
  • Samurai Goroh
  • Louie
  • Rhythm Heaven Troupe
  • Raichu
  • Dark Pit
  • Lucina
  • Duck Hunt
  • Pauline
  • Ryu
  • Cloud
  • Bayonetta
  • Shadow The Hedgehog
too much unlockable characters, honestly

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
1) It's been well-over a month since the last post.

2) File a report if you believe a rule has been broken. Which has not in this case.

3) We'd prefer more thoughtful criticism, but there is nothing wrong with what the user said.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
oh hey, this thread is alive again.

For like, 5 seconds I guess?

C H I B I - R O B O

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm not gonna make an entire roster.

Just take the Smash 4 roster and add The Dragonborn in it and I'm good.

Not even kidding- I want to see that render damn it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So I thought of something that I thought people would find interesting. Doesn't pertain to Smash 5 I know but I thought it would be a nice way to reinvigorate interest in this thread.

Lets say you're warped back in time miraculously to the year 2012 and for some weird reason Masahiro Sakurai wants you to decide the roster for the upcoming Smash Bros game.

Take Smash 4's roster and add/cut characters as you see fit. The only catch is that said roster has to be exactly the same amount as Smash 4's roster; meaning 51 characters for the vanilla roster and 7 DLC characters with one of them being :4bayonetta:given she won the Ballot. Additionally, full clones (Doc, Lucina, Dark Pit) can only be replaced with other full clone characters.

My Roster

And the DLC

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I thought of something that I thought people would find interesting. Doesn't pertain to Smash 5 I know but I thought it would be a nice way to reinvigorate interest in this thread.

Lets say you're warped back in time miraculously to the year 2012 and for some weird reason Masahiro Sakurai wants you to decide the roster for the upcoming Smash Bros game.

Take Smash 4's roster and add/cut characters as you see fit. The only catch is that said roster has to be exactly the same amount as Smash 4's roster; meaning 51 characters for the vanilla roster and 7 DLC characters with one of them being :4bayonetta:given she won the Ballot.

My Roster

And the DLC
I don't have the Roster Maker program on me right now, but I'd do something like this.

- Smash 4 Base Roster

Cut Mii Brawler, Swordfighter, and Gunner. Replace them with a consolidated, single Mii representative of their actual games and have two leftover spaces.

Use one free space to make Mewtwo a base game character.

Use the other to add Chrom onto the roster. The base roster is now the same, exact Mii Fighters are replaced with a consolidated Mii, Chrom, and Mewtwo.

I'd then cut out Doctor Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit and make them alts. Though, in Lucina's case, she becomes a Chrom alt instead of a Marth alt to be truer to Awakening. Despite this next part not being possible, I'd use these three spaces for unique characters (like I said, technically not possible, but hey, this is hypothetical anyway :p). I'd now have three more free spaces.

Lucas and Ryu then come to the base roster, alongside Starfy as a newcomer.

- Onward to DLC.

Mewtwo, Lucas, and Ryu would be on the base roster, so that'd make three free spots. Cutting Roy would make four. Roy is cut.

Corrin, Cloud, and obviously Bayonetta are kept. The four new DLC characters would be Inkling, Henry Fleming, Shovel Knight, and King K. Rool. I'd add Decidueye, but he didn't exist yet. The Switch port, however...

This is also assuming Ice Climbers still couldn't happen due to the 3DS, since presumably I'd have no control over that. Like Decidueye, I'd put them in the Switch port as a bonus.

So yeah. I'd do something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom