• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Early Smash 5 Fan-Made Rosters (Ideal or Prediction)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I have a question, why is a series having more characters is "overkill"? I don't think this is a problem, but more of people upset that they didn't get the characters they wanted.

Fire Emblem got 6 characters, Kid Icarus got 3, why is this a bad thing? I think it's pointless to add a random number cap to a franchise, because I don't think Sakurai cares about that.
I think people thought 6 FE characters is too much because 1. They were used to it being very small because up until Sm4sh every Smash game had 2 FE characters (except from 64 which had zero) and 2. Because we had 2 DLC characters from Fire Emblem. I was pretty mad about it at first myself, but now I'm cool with it.
KI had 3 games yet got a ludicrous amount of content in Sm4sh (especially on the 3DS version), which annoys some people because it's such a small series.
Though frankly I kinda stopped caring about representation. I think some series should get some more characters, but if "balancing representation" means cutting a massive amount of characters including :4greninja::4bowserjr::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucario: then no thank you, I'd rather have 20+ FE characters.
I cut :4darkpit: mostly because I dislike him and I find inclusion to be aggravating, and I feel that he's the character people would miss the least.
Edit: I think people want to limit representation because there are some small series that get more characters than you'd expect them to have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I have a question, why is a series having more characters is "overkill"? I don't think this is a problem, but more of people upset that they didn't get the characters they wanted.

Fire Emblem got 6 characters, Kid Icarus got 3, why is this a bad thing? I think it's pointless to add a random number cap to a franchise, because I don't think Sakurai cares about that.
When it comes to Fire Emblem, I think the bigger problem was how many were added at once. Having the series go from two to four was fine - from what I've read, Awakening single-handedly saved the series as a whole. Including Roy as DLC was understandable, even if he basically had no competition as far as Melee vets were concerned.

Including Corrin, as the only DLC Nintendo newcomer, was what pushed it a bit too far; it seems excessive to not only triple the Fire Emblem roster over the course of a single game, but to give it more characters than a series like the Legend of Zelda. Making matters worse was that (at the time of his announcement) Corrin's game had only been released in Japan, meaning that very few people had any attachment towards the character.

With Kid Icarus, the amount of content it got (stages, Smash Run enemies, items, characters) seemed disproportionate to the series' size and importance, and it seemed to many that it only got so much content because Sakurai worked on Uprising. (by comparison, the Mother series also has three games, with only two of them being particularly well-known, but it only had one character in the base game and two items) Dark Pit seemed like the straw that broke the camel's back.

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
How come people are adding 20+ characters to their roster? Stick to ten, it's much more of a challenge. Restraint adds value IMO.

D

Deleted member

How come people are adding 20+ characters to their roster? Stick to ten, it's much more of a challenge. Restraint adds value IMO.
Idk, because people don't view things the same way as you do? Sakurai also always adds more than 10 newcomers so there's no reason why we can't either. We got 21 newocmers in Sm4sh (17 if you don't count DLC). I added 19 characters which is in the exact middle (unless you count returning veterans, which I don't).
I don't want to add too many characters myself, but there's no point to restrain ourselves. It takes the fun out of it.

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
Idk, because people don't view things the same way as you do? Sakurai also always adds more than 10 newcomers so there's no reason why we can't either. We got 21 newocmers in Sm4sh (17 if you don't count DLC). I added 19 characters which is in the exact middle (unless you count returning veterans, which I don't).
I don't want to add too many characters myself, but there's no point to restrain ourselves. It takes the fun out of it.
You're right, but then how many characters can realistically be added for Smash 5? Not counting DLC

Ideal rosters don't need to worry about the constraints of logic. They can throw in as many characters as they want and only make the experience better and better since it's all impossible anyway.

Realistic rosters however, to need to worry about constraints and just how many characters can realistically be added. How many that is, is up for interpretation and partially based on info we don't ahve (port or not, how many thigns will change, etc)

Last edited:

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
I edited my roster to what I think is perfection. Check it out, it's the last big post on page 28.

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
User was warned for this post
It doesn't seem to be any different than the last one. Could you go into detail please?
Oh crap, I forgot to save the edits. I'll tell you when it's edited.

Oh crap, I forgot to save the edits. I'll tell you when it's edited.
Saved the edits. The new characters are in CAPS.

By this, I mean the characters that weren't on the roster before.

Last edited:

kirbstr

Smash Apprentice
When it comes to Fire Emblem, I think the bigger problem was how many were added at once. Having the series go from two to four was fine - from what I've read, Awakening single-handedly saved the series as a whole. Including Roy as DLC was understandable, even if he basically had no competition as far as Melee vets were concerned.

Including Corrin, as the only DLC Nintendo newcomer, was what pushed it a bit too far; it seems excessive to not only triple the Fire Emblem roster over the course of a single game, but to give it more characters than a series like the Legend of Zelda. Making matters worse was that (at the time of his announcement) Corrin's game had only been released in Japan, meaning that very few people had any attachment towards the character.

With Kid Icarus, the amount of content it got (stages, Smash Run enemies, items, characters) seemed disproportionate to the series' size and importance, and it seemed to many that it only got so much content because Sakurai worked on Uprising. (by comparison, the Mother series also has three games, with only two of them being particularly well-known, but it only had one character in the base game and two items) Dark Pit seemed like the straw that broke the camel's back.
I think the difference between having a lot of characters from a series like Fire emblem vs one like Zelda is that Zelda doesn't need that many characters to represent the series as a whole, nor does it have enough permanent characters to be abel to fit into a game like smash. Fire emblem has so many different characters across so many different games that it's hard to represent with only two or even four. There are still people who think that there should be more GBA FE characters in smash to rep the series better. The same goes for pokemon although the series' popularity justifies it having so many in most peoples eyes.

EDIT: due to awakening's success, nintendo were probably trying to push FE as a new major IP at that time, so having 6 fe characters was instrumental in rebuilding the franchise to newer heights.

Last edited:

TheHumanSonikku

Smash Cadet
There shouldn't be a limit on a series because there's "too many". That's very biased. I think it's great that Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus and many other potential series got more representation, we shouldn't put a halt on a series because 4 characters what added to it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
There shouldn't be a limit on a series because there's "too many". That's very biased. I think it's great that Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus and many other potential series got more representation, we shouldn't put a halt on a series because 4 characters what added to it.
Exactly!

King K.Rool, Dixie Kong, Cranky Kong and Lanky Kong need to be on all your rosters now!

Also any roster without Impa is void, and lacks sincere commitment towards the greatest mystical truths of the universe and beyond.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
View attachment 133536

Here's something I made a while back (late August, I believe...) that I figured I'd throw in here. I'm probably going to change it up quite a bit in my next roster idea, but I figure it's food for thought.
I just find it really funny how you got K. Rool in your signature, but not in the roster. :happysheep:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I just find it really funny how you got K. Rool in your signature, but not in the roster. :happysheep:
Haven't updated my signature in a while, should probably do so.

I think until we see K. Rool in another game, he's not going to be coming to Smash any time soon. He may be popular on Smashboards, but he's currently outshined by a lot of other characters who are more relevant to modern Nintendo. I know "relevancy" isn't something thrown around lightly here, but it's a really important point. Outside of designated retro characters like Duck Hunt, and legacy third-parties, Nintendo's newcomers tend to be from games within the era now that the majority of the "Nintendo all-star" cast is in from 64 / Melee / Brawl. In this case, it was mostly Wii / 3DS / Wii U games:
  • Villager - Animal Crossing: City Folk (2008) / Animal Crossing: New Leaf (2013)
  • Wii Fit Trainer - Wii Fit (2008) / Wii Fit Plus (2009) / Wii Fit U (2013)
  • Rosalina & Luma - Super Mario Galaxy (2007) / Super Mario Galaxy 2 (2010)
  • Little Mac - Punch-Out!! (2009)
  • Greninja - Pokemon X / Y (2013)
  • Miis - Self-explanatory
  • Palutena, Dark Pit - Kid Icarus: Uprising (2012)
  • Robin, Lucina - Fire Emblem Awakening (2013)
  • Shulk - Xenoblade Chronicles (2012)
  • Bowser Jr. - New Super Mario Bros. Wii (2009) / New Super Mario Bros. U (2012)
  • Corrin - Fire Emblem Fates (2016)

That doesn't mean I wouldn't love to see K. Rool, it's just that there's nothing really going for him right now besides his popularity on Smashboards and a few other sites. I'd loved to be proven wrong, and I'd love to see K. Rool come back to the DKC series (I mean, we did get back Dixie and Funky in Tropical Freeze, maybe a potential DKC on Switch could be bringing back the Kremlings).

Besides, the allure of K. Rool kind of wore off for me after everyone (myself included) was so certain that K. Rool just had to be the shadowy Snowmad leader in Tropical Freeze, and became hyped up over what turned out to be nothing. The same thing honestly happened for Ridley after "the great Pyrosphere incident", where the moving shadow was a sure sign that Ridley was playable, not a stage hazard at all.

Last edited:

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
This is a script for an Ideal Smash 5 Roster video I'm making. Can someone please visualize this with Roster Maker for use in my video?

Before I get to the roster first I will say that a clone character only needs minor differences to play completely differently than their parent character. Case and point: Melee Fox and Falco. This is written by Lunchm, but not narrated by him. Also, I’m limiting myself to 14 characters to create a challenge, which I suggest you all do too. Any character who isn’t added in is either low priority or not doable. Some of them might deserve to be in DLC or Smash 6. Now to the veterans. Nintendo, take notes

Cut Dark Pit. He's an unpopular clone that isn’t deserving at all. He just makes the roster look bad. Rosalina and Bowser Jr stay as they have a strong future in the Mario series in the spinoffs, Galaxy games, and other Mario platformers. Greninja stays as a rep of the water starters, being their most popular and liked one. Who doesn’t want a cool ninja frog?

Toon Link stays to represent the younger version of Link that is equally as prominent as the adult Link. Who do you choose? How about both?Dr Mario stays because he represents puzzle games.Yoshi is now a Mario rep. This is because his first solo game was called Super Mario World 2, appears in mainline Mario games, and has Mario characters in his games.Now to Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, Jigglypuff, and Roy. All these characters are not very important to their series, but they have become iconic through Smash, so they are now Smash reps separate from their series on the roster. Sure, Roy's game saved the series, but is he really that high of a priority?

Each character should be redesigned to perfection for competitive play and canonicity, using balanced patches if necessary.The engine should be as deep and competitive as Melee’s though not exactly the same.These last two changes are to differentiate the game from Melee. Sequels are meant to provide something new, and people who don’t like the redesigned characters can go back to Melee. If you’re worried that casuals won’t stand a chance at winning, they still have a chance at winning because they can just play each other. Before I get to the newcomers, I’d like to say that some less popular characters will get in because of their sheer size. Some characters are requested, but are far less recognizable, which poses a problem, so recognizable and big characters are also necessary. Now to the newcomers(I’ll go over the less requested ones first):

Tom Nook and Isabelle from Animal Crossing! Animal Crossing is even more underrepresented than Metroid and DK. Animal Crossing Wild World sold 11 million as one of the highest grossing games of all time, and the series will only get bigger with time! Yet it has one character -_-

SLIPPY TOAD! He's the what-the-crap character of the game. He appears more than Wolf, Krystal, and even Falco!Now to the popular ones.

Dixie Kong... and King K. Rool! Him being such a great character makes him memorable. Memorability means something sticks in your mind for longer periods of time, so K. Rool’s memorability helps him get over his poor relevance.

Inkling and Spring Man! These are obvious, I don’t need to argue over them. They have a future as one of Nintendo’s All Stars.

Waddle Dee! The one with the bandana.

ISAAC! His series could be made well known through his inclusion in Smash, propelling Nintendo to make a new Golden Sun.

Ridley! Majority agrees he’s not too big.

Toad! Lots of people say Toad is not a character but instead a species, but there are main Toads, so all you need to do is pick one. I choose the standard Red Toad since he appears the most. People secretly want Toad, they just don’t think he is doable. The Toad that actually is “doable” (Captain Toad) gets plenty of votes from the casual audience.

WOLF and ICE CLIMBERS as Smash reps! Wolf is overrated in terms of importance to Star Fox: he's not crucial to the plot and appears a 1/30 of the time, but he is important to Smash as a popular veteran.

That the end! I’m also going to be making original short films on this channel so subscribe for that!

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
So, I lied. I don't actually have any edits to my ideal roster, but I DO have a prediction for Smash 5. This is meant to be realistic as possible.

Mario Series: :4mario: :4luigi: :4peach: :4bowser: :4bowserjr: :rosalina: (Captain Toad) (Dr. Mario either included or demoted to costume depending on developing time)

Legend of Zelda Series: :4link: :4zelda: :4ganondorf: :4tlink: :4sheik: (Tingle)

Pokemon Series: :4pikachu: :4jigglypuff: :4lucario: :4greninja: :4mewtwo::4charizard: (Decidueye)

Donkey Kong Series: :4dk: :4diddy: (Dixie Kong)

Wario Series: :4wario: (Ashley)

Yoshi Series: :4yoshi:

Star Fox Series: :4fox: :4falco: :wolf:

Metroid Series: :4samus: :4zss:

Kirby Series: :4kirby: :4dedede: :4metaknight:

Mother Series: :4ness: :4lucas: (Mother 3 character)

F-Zero Series: :4falcon:

Fire Emblem: :4marth: :4myfriends: :4feroy::4robinm: :4corrinf: (Lucina either included or demoted to costume depending on development time)

Kid Icarus Series: :4pit: :4palutena: (Dark Pit either included or demoted to costume depending on development time)

Punch Out Series: :4littlemac:

Animal Crossing Series: :4villager: (Isabelle)

Xenoblade Series: :4shulk:

Wii Fit Series: :4wiifit:

Pikmin Series: :4olimar: :4alph:

Retro Series: :4gaw: :4rob: :4duckhunt: (Takamaru) (Ice Climbers pending horsepower of system)

Mii Series: :4miibrawl: :4miigun: :4miisword: (new classed in Mage and Heavy)

Third Party Series: :4sonic: :4megaman: :4pacman: :4ryu: :4bayonetta: (Bomberman) (Heihachi)

NEWCOMERS EXPLAINED:

Captain Toad is a more specific version of the last missing Mario all-star.

Tingle is the fourth most recurring character in LOZ and popular in Japan.

Decidueye is a popular starter from the most relevant generation currently.

Dixie Kong is a heavily requested character that shouldn't be hard to model.

Ashley is a very popular choice.

Wolf comes back cause his cut was the exact opposite of popular.

I fully expect Mother 3 to get out west at long last prior to Smash 5, and a new character will help promote it.

Isabelle is an extremely popular character.

Alm is an easy character to make and can use Rock Pikmin.

Takamaru, although i'm not interested, is a heavily requested choice. Ice Climbers may or may not come back.

No real reason for new Mii classes, just seems likely to me.

Bomberman just got a new game on Switch and Konami's making a comeback.

Heihachi is a Namco character and IMO they're def. getting a new character. Heihachi seems likely.

CUTS: Only full cut is Cloud because I don't think they're gonna wrestle to rights from Square again. The clones will either stay or get demoted.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I think fire emblem doesn't need another hero in smash we need a villain now like Black knight we already have 6 fire emblem reps but none of them is a villain which looks like a bad choice in my opinion.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think fire emblem doesn't need another hero in smash we need a villain now like Black knight we already have 6 fire emblem reps but none of them is a villain which looks like a bad choice in my opinion.
The issue is that there's no overarching villain in the series, and even more notable ones like Gharnef, Arvis, and the Black Knight pale in importance to the main lords we don't have yet.

Frankly I'd hate for a slot to be wasted on a villain character when there are so many more popular and important heroes that can be added.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
The issue is that there's no overarching villain in the series, and even more notable ones like Gharnef, Arvis, and the Black Knight pale in importance to the main lords we don't have yet.

Frankly I'd hate for a slot to be wasted on a villain character when there are so many more popular and important heroes that can be added.
I would agree if we only got 4 or 3 fire emblem reps in smash but since we reached 6 it's time for a villain to come in I don't want the next fire emblem reps to be just heroes.
I think black knight has gained some popularity after getting a mii costume and his appearence in fire emblem heroes so I would say he has a good chance to be the next fire emblem rep.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Unless we get a Path of Radiance, or Radiant Dawn remake, I highly doubt Black Knight. Honestly, Fire Emblem isn't really known for it's spectacular villains sans a few, and some of those are completely unfeasible, like Grima and Duma.

Fire Emblem essentially runs the same problem Zelda and Pokemon have in that the cast is almost always different, but to an even bigger extent.

TZchassis

Smash Rookie
Ideal Roster

Super Mario
Keep :4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4bowserjr::rosalina:
Remove :4drmario: (Make him alt costume)
Add Captain Toad
- Add costumes frome Odyssey
- Update Mario Moveset

Zelda
K: :4link::4zelda::4ganondorf::4tlink:
R: :4sheik:
A: Impa (Sheik Moveset) + Toon Zelda
- For Link alts: OOT, TP, SS, BOTW character models
- For Toon Link: Young OOT, WW, ALBW
- Same for Zelda, Toon Zelda & Ganondorf
- Update Ganondorf Moveset
- Differentate Link & Toon Link + Zelda & Toon Zelda Movesets.

Fire Emblem
K: :4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4corrinf:(make Female Corrin the main costume)
?: :4feroy: (Not quite sure)
R: :4lucina: (alt costume to Marth)
A: Lance / Knight / Pegasus Knight.

Metroid
K::4samus::4zss:
A: Sylux

Pokemon
K: All
A: decidueye + Trainer (Pick three from different Pokemon starters to form a team such as squirtle, bulbasaur, etc)

DK
K: :4dk::4diddy:
A: Dixie + Cranky

Kid Icarus
K: :4pit::4palutena:
R: :4darkpit: (alt costume)

Wario:
K::4wario:
A: Ashley

Other
PIKMIN: Add the other two Pikmin 3 characters as alts.
EarthBound: Make Lucas an alt costume.
Add: Inkling + Spring Man / Ribbon Girl.

Retro
K: :4gaw::4duckhunt::4rob:
A: Takamaru + Ice Climbers

Third-Party
K: :4cloud::4sonic::4pacman::4megaman::4bayonetta::4ryu:
A: Solid Snake (with Naked Snake, Big Boss, Venom Snake costumes).

Goals
- Character Select screen has too much characters at this point. Playing with casual friends shows that to me, they always spend a lot of time picking a character.
- Reduce clones as much as possible and make them unlockable alt costumes instead to reward playing the game / different modes.
- Allow to costomize select screen main costumes to choose favorites.
- increase female rep.
- ofc its biased towards characters I care about.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
I would agree if we only got 4 or 3 fire emblem reps in smash but since we reached 6 it's time for a villain to come in I don't want the next fire emblem reps to be just heroes.
I think black knight has gained some popularity after getting a mii costume and his appearence in fire emblem heroes so I would say he has a good chance to be the next fire emblem rep.
Adding a villain just because the other series reps are heroes is so lackluster as a concept though. The FE villains are usually much less popular than the playable characters too.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ok so I'm about to make what I consider my idealish roster but I'm also keeping it realistic so here goes.
Mario::4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4bowserjr:(:4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:):rosalina::4drmario:(Captain Toad)
Yoshi::4yoshi:
Wario::4wario:(:4wario2:)
DK::4dk::4diddy:(K. Rool/Cranky/Dixie)
Kirby::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight:(Bandana Dee)
Zelda::4link::4zelda::4ganondorf::4sheik::4tlink:
Metroid::4samus::4zss:(Ridley)
Star Fox::4fox::4falco::wolf:
Pokemon::4pikachu::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4greninja::4mewtwo:(Decidueye)
F-Zero::4falcon:
Earthbound::4ness::4lucas:
Fire Emblem::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm:(:4robinf:):4lucina::4feroy::4corrin:(:4corrinf:)
Pikmin::4olimar:(:4alph:)
Kid Icarus::4pit::4palutena::4darkpit:
Animal Crossing::4villager:(:4villagerf:)
Punch Out!!::4littlemac:(:4wiremac:)
Wii Fit::4wiifit:(:4wiifitm:)
Mii::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:
Xenoblade::4shulk:(Rex)
Retro/whatever::4gaw::4rob::popo:(Takamaru)
New Franchises -
Splatoon: Inkling Boy and Girl
Arms: Spring Man (Ribbon Girl as alternate)
3rd Parties -
Konami: :snake:(Bomberman)
Sega::4bayonetta:(:4bayonetta2:):4sonic:
Capcom::4megaman::4ryu:
Namco-Bandai::4pacman:
Square::4cloud:(:4cloud2:)

Tecmo-Koei(?): Hayabusa

Activision(?): Crash

Bethesda (?): Doom Slayer
No cuts. I'm kinda still in the advanced port boat. I mean it took us from April 2015 to February 2016 to get the 7 DLC characters we got which were all, with the exception of maybe Lucas, built from the ground up. I feel like in the 2+ years between the end of DLC to the potential release of the Switch version, they could easily keep the entire roster, bring back the cut vets, and add a few new characters in the process.

All in all the characters that would be added to the complete Wii U Version of the game with this version tally up to 10, 13 counting the cut veterans, which I think is a decent enough number to make people want the game but not too much to be unrealistic.

Anyways, Newcomers ~
Captain Toad: Honestly I'm not too sure about him but if there were to be another Mario Character to be added he'd be a good bet since he's been in, I think, all 5 past 3D Mario games.

K. Rool/Dixie/Cranky:
So each one of these characters have something going for them. Depending on what happens with the potential 3rd Returns game I think all of them are possible and I think they are all deserving but I don't think more than one will get in. My choice would be K. Rool cause we just simply need more villains. I think the likely choice is Dixie though.

Bandana Dee:
He could make an incredibly interesting Character with his quick spear attacks and I feel like if another Kirby Character was EVER added to Smash ever again it would be him. He's the only one that fits the bill and he's super popular.

Ridley:
So, uh, what to say that hasn't been said before? I will say that I don't think Metroid will get another newcomer unless it's Ridley. So I went ahead and went for it because (spoilers) Mercury Steam made him look a little more plausible as a fighter in Samus Returns final boss fight.

Decidueye: You could basically trade him out for any Pokemon from this Gen or next. I do think we'll get a new Pokemon but I don't know what Pokemon we'll get. Decidueye is the most popular as of now, and he's rather interesting so I put him here. Shout outs to Incenaroar though.

Rex:
I'm getting more and more the feeling that Nintendo really REALLY wants to push Xenoblade as it's defacto RPG franchise, RIP the dream of Golden Sun, especially after seeing how much they pushed Xenoblade X. So I'm willing to bet that the new protagonist from 2 may take a slot on the roster. Either as a clone of Shulk or as a brand new, unique fighter doesn't matter.

Takamaru:
This is a personal choice. I adore this Character. I've been an avid supporter of him since I joined the boards and I feel like with him being considered in both Brawl and Wii U he is at his most likely now. Cap that with his popularity and potential for a unique moveset, I feel like his chances are better than good.

Bomberman:
I've wanted Bomberman in Smash for a while but I don't think it would ever happen because of Snake and I was totally fine with that but seeing how Sega and Capcom both got two reps I feel like Bomberman and Snake can coexist in the same game. I don't think they'd go after Bomberman without also getting back Snake so I think they're, in a way, tied to each other.

Doom Slayer, Crash, and Hayabusa:
These are more of just what-if's. I feel like they all have a possibility but I don't think they're at all likely. Like, in the slightest. However, if they choose to continue to build off of the game with DLC I think these characters could be potential contenders on the DLC space.

Alright that's it I think. Go ahead. Rip my roster a new one.

Edit: I really REALLY wanted to add Isaac in here as well. Thinking about it if I had to take out one of the newcomers I chose above for Isaac, it'd easily be Rex. But as I said I think Nintendo is trying to make Xenoblade their #1 RPG so 50/50 between Rex and Isaac I guess.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
With the way Fire Emblem is set up, it'd be jarring as all hell to have one single saga get its villain. Hell, the only reason we got two characters for a single game at all was because of Lucina being a last minute clone. If, say, Black Knight got in, Tellius would have a villain before entire Fire Emblem continents have one of their main lords. Not to mention there are swaths of heroes that are more popular than the Black Knight, who was the highest voted villain on the Heroes CYL poll. Then there's the fact that the Tellius duology isn't even relevant right now to get a new character.

Honestly the only way I can see a villain getting in is under this very specific circumstance:
1) Genealogy of the Holy War gets remade and is the most recent Fire Emblem game while Smash 5 is being developed.
2) Sakurai wants a character from it.
3) Sigurd is deemed unfitting due to complications that arise from being on horseback, like issues with ledges and such.
4) Seliph gets deemed redundant due to being another blue haired sword lord.
5) Sakurai thinks a villain is better for the game than a secondary Genealogy character and picks Arvis, a relatively popular Fire Emblem villain.

Basically, I don't think a Fire Emblem villain is a safe bet unless under very specific circumstances, so if you'd be disappointed by more hero characters, well, I think it's inevitable.

That being said this is straying from roster talk, so if you want to continue, reply to this in the speculation thread.

D

Deleted member

EarthBound: Make Lucas an alt costume.
I'm baffled by the fact people actually think this would make any sense at this point.
Like, I'm already against demoting clones into alts, but at least they were meant to be alts and don't have many notable differences.
Lucas may be based on Ness, but upon closer inspection, you can tell that Lucas' moves are very, very different from Ness'. Even Lucas' specials don't function simillarly to Ness, despite the inclusion of custom moves.
I say that as a person who mains both of them BTW.

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
What's the biggest most deserving Rhythm Heaven character? Don't say Chorus Kids if they are only deserving because of the Gematsu leak.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
What's the biggest most deserving Rhythm Heaven character? Don't say Chorus Kids if they are only deserving because of the Gematsu leak.
Probably the Tap Trial Girl/ girl on the Rhythm Heaven Fever box. She shares the general body type of the women throughout the minigames and can be the character to bring the minigames together.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
...Besides the fact that they were the de facto mascot of the first internationally released Rhythm Heaven game, you mean.

D

Deleted member

The one who deserves it the most is this guy:

But this is NOT the place for such a topic.
We're going to trigger Zebei again.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
User was warned for this post
I actually changed my roster (See above) but I'll reply anyway.

The problem with adding a Zelda newcomer is that the only Zelda game I played and finished was ALBW, and there's no interesting character that could work in Smash from that game aside from maybe Ravio. I mean, I did play Four Swords as well, but I don't remember what Vaati can do. In my current roster, Impa is a low priority Semi-clone.

Andy is staying. If I kept that roster, Chibi-Robo would've been the first to go.

Chandelure would be my first choice for a Gen 5 Pokemon, simply because it's my favorite Pokemon of all time. But I removed it because it's a bit of a random choice anyway.
oh well....cool. The other Zelda games have far more interesting characters.
ALBW was my first and still my favourite Zelda game. TP HD I thought would beat it but nah still havent finished that....but will need to b4 I get a Switch and Breath of the Wild in December.

The only characters I'd willingly sacrifice are the Mii Fighters and Dark Pit. The Miis seem like a waste of resources to me and Dark Pit is basically this

It's a theory that just makes sense to me.
well who else would you clone? Olimar and Alph I guess but Alph would take like 15seconds not 10 cos of the pikmin which are so laggy on the 3DS version.

Those were there as costumes to begin with they didn't plan any other costumes.

Kid Icarus is small but a fan favourite in Smash (tho not as much as F-Zero or Earthbound characters) and was uprising very recent.

I half-agree with the miis tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

oh well....cool. The other Zelda games have far more interesting characters.
ALBW was my first and still my favourite Zelda game. TP HD I thought would beat it but nah still havent finished that....but will need to b4 I get a Switch and Breath of the Wild in December.
But the main cast is already complete.
Most other Zelda characters are one-shots, and the ones that aren't are either not unique enough (Impa) or hated (Tingle).

well who else would you clone? Olimar and Alph I guess but Alph would take like 15seconds not 10 cos of the pikmin which are so laggy on the 3DS version.
I already discussed this and I don't feel like discussing it again.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
But the main cast is already complete.
Most other Zelda characters are one-shots, and the ones that aren't are either not unique enough (Impa) or hated (Tingle).
why limit yourself the fun you can have with unique characters I don't like one-shot logic. Shieks one-shot but got in. Yh it's still Zelda but still a one off.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

why limit yourself the fun you can have with unique characters I don't like one-shot logic.
Because I'm not that interested in other Zelda characters.

Shieks one-shot but got in. Yh it's still Zelda but still a one off.
Yeah, but she got in as part of the transformation gimmick, and stayed because of her veteran status and popularity within the Smash community.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, but she got in as part of the transformation gimmick, and stayed because of her veteran status and popularity within the Smash community.
To clarify, they had beta artwork for a TP design of Sheik, which is part of why she came back in Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom