• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Early Smash 5 Fan-Made Rosters (Ideal or Prediction)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If Dr. Mario is both Mario and a Mario game, doesn't that mean Mario is a puzzle rep?
No, because Mario doesn't wear a Doctor's outfit.
Mario never wears his regular outfit in any of the Dr. Mario games. Dr. Mario is a persona of Mario, but they represent two different things.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Dr. Mario's a good way to incorporate Mario's pre-Brawl moveset, at least. I'd take the tornado over the FLUDD any day.

I feel like it's unnecessary to cut Ganondorf for Ganon, though; Ganon is generally portrayed as a mindless beast, while Ganondorf is someone that people can feel a stronger connection to. (take Wind Waker, for example) All Ganondorf seems to need is a few tweaks (like changing his B and B-down attacks to something better suited for the character) to feel more like himself and less like a Captain Falcon clone without alienating the people who already like playing as him.

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
No, because Mario doesn't wear a Doctor's outfit.
Mario never wears his regular outfit in any of the Dr. Mario games. Dr. Mario is a persona of Mario, but they represent two different things.
Dr. Mario's back then, any more problems?

D

Deleted member

Dr. Mario's back then, any more problems?
Lack of Wolf, ICs and Snake is the only other issue I have with your roster (Though I can kinda see why you don't want Snake back). And I'd have both Ganon and Dorf.
I'd add Decidueye but I'm kinda biased.

Last edited by a moderator:

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
Lack of Wolf, ICs and Snake is the only other issue I have with your roster (Though I can kinda see why you don't want Snake back). And I'd have both Ganon and Dorf.
I'd add Decidueye but I'm kinda biased.
Ice Climbers and Snake are obvious as to why they were not included, but Wolf is mega overrated in terms of importance. He's not the main villain. Andross is. He's a distraction to the plot so you don't need him constantly in your mind as you play, whIle Andross is the instigator of the plot. The only problem is Andross is a giant monkey head and Wolf appears 1/50 of the time in Star Fox.
EDIT: Wolf would be DLC for me, but just because of his appearance in Smash and requests.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ice Climbers and Snake are obvious as to why they were not included, but Wolf is mega overrated in terms of importance. He's not the main villain. Andross is. He's a distraction to the plot so you don't need him constantly in your mind as you play, whIle Andross is the instigator of the plot. The only problem is Andross is a giant monkey head and Wolf appears 1/50 of the time in Star Fox.
I don't know much about Star Fox, so I can't say anything.
But the roster just feels hollow without him, to me at least.
But hey, you do you.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Now to Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, Jigglypuff, and Roy. All these characters are not at all important to their series, but they have become iconic through Smash, so they are now Smash reps separate from their series on the roster.

I just want to say this is patently false. Roy is the main lord of the game that revitalized the series in Japan after Thracia 776 flopped, so basically a more centralized version of what Awakening did worldwide. IS also promotes the hell out of Roy and the Elibe games in general, what with The Binding Blade and The Blazing Blade having ample content in Heroes from launch, alongside Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates. Throw in the fact that they've expressed heavy interest in remaking The Binding Blade, and calling Roy unimportant within his own series is ludicrous.

TheHumanSonikku

Smash Cadet
I dunno, I don't like cutting any character. They could always change the clones up like what they did with Falco and Luigi.

D

Deleted member

The only characters I'd willingly sacrifice are the Mii Fighters and Dark Pit. The Miis seem like a waste of resources to me and Dark Pit is basically this
I feel like the reason Sakurai wanted to portray Dark Pit accurately (despite the fact several past Smash characters' have been portrayed rather off, i.e. Ganondorf and Ness) was because he's Sakurai's "child". And despite the "took 10 seconds to make" excuse, he still represents Kid Icarus, a very small franchise that's already got way more content than it deserves (I don't like this excuse, but it's undeniable in KI's case), and simply doesn't deserve more than 2 characters at its current state.
I agree that 6 FE characters is overkill, but at least the franchise is still relevant and makes Nintendo a **** tons of money, so I find it more justified than giving Kid Icarus 3 characters.
It's a theory that just makes sense to me.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Actually, that's not why Dark Pit is like that. First, yes, he is pretty much a clone in and out-of-universe. However, the only reason he showed up was Sakurai's team had ideas to give him move changes. It's not some bias thing. It was just convenient ideas that were thought of, and he was fast enough to retool. There wasn't enough time to give him more unique moves, like using weapons from the series, and it is true Dark Pit wouldn't use the 3 Sacred Treasures. He certainly couldn't use a remake of Palutena's Army due to the 3DS' limitations. So they went with the Dark Pit staff, which fits at least. Which is a reskin of Light Arrow, but makes sense.

D

Deleted member

Actually, that's not why Dark Pit is like that. First, yes, he is pretty much a clone in and out-of-universe. However, the only reason he showed up was Sakurai's team had ideas to give him move changes. It's not some bias thing. It was just convenient ideas that were thought of, and he was fast enough to retool. There wasn't enough time to give him more unique moves, like using weapons from the series, and it is true Dark Pit wouldn't use the 3 Sacred Treasures. He certainly couldn't use a remake of Palutena's Army due to the 3DS' limitations. So they went with the Dark Pit staff, which fits at least. Which is a reskin of Light Arrow, but makes sense.
I don't see why they chose Dark Pit over Alph, unless that would've been too much work due to the Rock Pikmin being harder to implement (I think I read that somewhere).
Either way, there's also the fact I just don't like Dark Pit. I find his character to be lazy (He's literally one of Pit's Brawl palette swaps, and he's just your typical edgy doppelganger of the protagonist). I put him on low priority to declone on my roster (If there's not enough time to give him moves that involve the DP staff, he's scrapped).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Small update to my roster:
smesh Roster.png

Removed Excitebiker for Rex. Excitebiker was just kinda... there, and we already have Takamaru as our Retro (who is more requested and can serve as a promotion to either a VC release or a potential reboot of his series).
I also added :4mii: who is different from :4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword: as it actually has moves that take inspiration from Mii-related games (i.e. Wii Sports, Miitopia, etc). It's the only character in the game that has custom moves, all of which are unique. Costumes now change the Mii's stats, rather than the awful equipment system that Sm4sh had. You can also unlock a fighter's Mii costume by finishing All-Star mode with that character. I added them because I realized the importance of adding characters that appeal to the casual fanbase.
Feedback will be greatly appriciated.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't see why they chose Dark Pit over Alph, unless that would've been too much work due to the Rock Pikmin being harder to implement (I think I read that somewhere).
Either way, there's also the fact I just don't like Dark Pit. I find his character to be lazy (He's literally one of Pit's Brawl palette swaps, and he's just your typical edgy doppelganger of the protagonist). I put him on low priority to declone on my roster (If there's not enough time to give him moves that involve the DP staff, he's scrapped).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View attachment 133524
Removed Excitebiker for Rex. Excitebiker was just kinda... there, and we already have Takamaru as our Retro (who is more requested and can serve as a promotion to either a VC release or a potential reboot of his series).
I also added :4mii: who is different from :4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword: as it actually has moves that take inspiration from Mii-related games (i.e. Wii Sports, Miitopia, etc). It's the only character in the game that has custom moves, all of which are unique. Costumes now change the Mii's stats, rather than the awful equipment system that Sm4sh had. You can also unlock a fighter's Mii costume by finishing All-Star mode with that character. I added them because I realized the importance of adding characters that appeal to the casual fanbase.
It's got some great newcomers and revamped the Mii instead of cutting them (my personal preference, haha). I'd definitely play a game with this roster.

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 133526
Can I tell you my opinion based on my roster so we could see who's roster is better? I think I'll just go for it. Red Toad > Captain Toad. Appears more. I wouldn't add Waluigi because he would need a series all to himself(WAAH!). This is because he appears strictly in Mario games, but is a Wario character. If he's a Wario character, how can he not appear in any Wario games, and if he's a Mario character, then why isn't he a Wario character? They're sidekicks!

It's better to think more and have a unique Dixie Kong moveset than to think less and have Cranky Kong. People already stated that him being the original DK was shoehorned and unfitting, but Cranky Kong is super minor in most of the games he appears in. He appears a 1/50th of the time while Dixie appears a 1/10 of the time.

D

Deleted member

Appears more
But he has less moveset potential. Plus he appears in Peach's Neutral B.
This is because he appears strictly in Mario games, but is a Wario character. If he's a Wario character, how can he not appear in any Wario games, and if he's a Mario character, then why isn't he a Wario character? They're sidekicks!
I feel that's not a good reason to leave him out. Waluigi is a Mario character, he's only next to Wario because they usually go hand in hand. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a spin-off title in which Waluigi was the main villain and neither Wario or Luigi appeared?
It's better to think more and have a unique Dixie Kong moveset than to think less and have Cranky Kong. People already stated that him being the original DK was shoehorned and unfitting, but Cranky Kong is super minor in most of the games he appears in. He appears a 1/50th of the time while Dixie appears a 1/10 of the time.
I disagree with it being shoehorned, and I don't see how it's unfitting.
Anyway, Cranky is the closest we'd ever get to having Scrooge McDuck in Smash.
....Also, he'd be our first grandpa. More diversity amirite?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's speculation, from what I understand. But to implement another Pikmin captain means to also make them stand out enough. Since the Pikmin are the focus of the moveset, well... although I think Source Gaming did find a mention of Rock Pikmin and how it was too hard to get it working that fast. So pretty much what you said. It was impossible.

Either way, there's also the fact I just don't like Dark Pit. I find his character to be lazy (He's literally one of Pit's Brawl palette swaps, and he's just your typical edgy doppelganger of the protagonist). I put him on low priority to declone on my roster (If there's not enough time to give him moves that involve the DP staff, he's scrapped).\
Watch a LP of Uprising before judging Dark Pit's character, but he was a last-second clone, so of course they don't have enough time make him more interesting. Also, there's lots of Uprising weapons. It's better than just using the Dark Pit Staff. Keep in mind he's actually a very popular character in the game itself, so "lazy" doesn't sound too realistic in itself. Lazy dark doppelgangers don't have personality, lines, or anything like that. He's anything but lazy since he had real work put into him, albeit not in Smash itself(which was minimum work). I agree he's way too similar to regular Pit, and could've had different stats to more of his moves. He is physically the same as Pit in-universe, so that explains why he has few differences. Not helpful for Smash, since it just makes him barely different enough to have a slot(which isn't unjustified, as he has differences), but not enough to have a different match-up/metagame.

But yeah, I understand the point of his cut. That said, he shouldn't b a costume either. It'd ruin his characterization to have him using impossible weapons, and it'd be better to just use what Smash 4 has, which is a darker costume as a reference to Dark Pit. I also consider him a lower priority clone, although any Captain from Pikmin is the same to me. The Pikmin are what matters, and unless there's a ton of new Pikmin, you represent every Captain pretty well as alts(being the Captains are identical in every way anyway. The gameplay is in the Pikmin specifically). But that's my view of it.

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
But he has less moveset potential. Plus he appears in Peach's Neutral B.

I feel that's not a good reason to leave him out. Waluigi is a Mario character, he's only next to Wario because they usually go hand in hand. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a spin-off title in which Waluigi was the main villain and neither Wario or Luigi appeared?

I disagree with it being shoehorned, and I don't see how it's unfitting.
Anyway, Cranky is the closest we'd ever get to having Scrooge McDuck in Smash.
....Also, he'd be our first grandpa. More diversity amirite?
Peach can pull out Toadsworth instead of Red Toad for her neutral special. And it's the little things that make a character unique, remember?

I would call his series Psycho Waluigi (look it up if you don't know what I'm talking about). You are right about Waluigi though. Both points.

It's unfitting because you can't have Cranky Kong in because of a minor canonical detail most people forgot. It makes more sense that arcade DK is loosely the same as Donkey Kong Country's DK.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Watch a LP of Uprising before judging Dark Pit's character, but he was a last-second clone, so of course they don't have enough time make him more interesting. Also, there's lots of Uprising weapons. It's better than just using the Dark Pit Staff. Keep in mind he's actually a very popular character in the game itself, so "lazy" doesn't sound too realistic in itself. Lazy dark doppelgangers don't have personality, lines, or anything like that. He's anything but lazy since he had real work put into him, albeit not in Smash itself(which was minimum work). I agree he's way too similar to regular Pit, and could've had different stats to more of his moves. He is physically the same as Pit in-universe, so that explains why he has few differences. Not helpful for Smash, since it just makes him barely different enough to have a slot(which isn't unjustified, as he has differences), but not enough to have a different match-up/metagame.
I played Uprising though.
Dark Pit was the second most boring character IMO (next to Medusa who was just disappointing). He feels like Shadow the Hedgehog but without the tragic backstory (Though to be fair, none of the characters were very well developed), and 4x edgier.
He wasn't memorable to me at all.
And I wouldn't give him more uprising weapons because A. I don't like straying too far from a character's original playstyle (Giving him completely different A-moves is already far enough) and B. Dark Pit himself would have the lowest priority (Along with Impa and Dixie Kong, who would also be Semi-clones).
Honestly, if I brought back custom moves, his neutral B and Side B would be perfect as custom moves for Pit. They did that with Lucas' specials (Though it's not the same because Ness can't do this), so it'd be even easier to it with DP.

But yeah, I understand the point of his cut. That said, he shouldn't be a costume either. It'd ruin his characterization to have him using impossible weapons, and it'd be better to just use what Smash 4 has, which is a darker costume as a reference to Dark Pit. I also consider him a lower priority clone, although any Captain from Pikmin is the same to me. The Pikmin are what matters, and unless there's a ton of new Pikmin, you represent every Captain pretty well as alts(being the Captains are identical in every way anyway. The gameplay is in the Pikmin specifically). But that's my view of it.
If you've been following the speculation thread, you'd know I'm against making established clones into alts. He either has his own slot or he gets cut.

Peach can pull out Toadsworth instead of Red Toad for her neutral special. And it's the little things that make a character unique, remember?
But why change what isn't neccesary? Captain Toad is the star of his own game, and has so much potential, while regular Toad would just use random stuff from Mario games.

It's unfitting because you can't have Cranky Kong in because of a minor canonical detail most people forgot. It makes more sense that arcade DK is loosely the same as Donkey Kong Country's DK.
I don't remember the original DK wanting to shower Pauline with coconut cream pies.
Jokes aside, my point about the uniquness factor still stand. Cranky can do something that Dixie can't, and that's what matters to me.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I played the Uprising though.
Dark Pit was the second most boring character IMO (next to Medusa who was just disappointing). He feels like Shadow the Hedgehog but without the tragic backstory (Though to be fair, none of the characters were very well developed), and 4x edgier.
He wasn't memorable to me at all.
Fair enough.

And I wouldn't give him more uprising weapons because A. I don't like straying too far from a character's original playstyle (Giving him completely different A-moves is already far enough) and B. Dark Pit himself would have the lowest priority (Along with Impa and Dixie Kong, who would also be Semi-clones).
That's what I mean. Change his A moves up with the weapons. Being a semi-clone and all. His B moves are kind of special(pun not intended), so I wouldn't change anything unless he gets another canon appearance with more moves. Like Ganondorf's Flame Choke he got later on in canon in some way.

Honestly, if I brought back custom moves, his neutral B and Side B would be perfect as custom moves for Pit. They did that with Lucas' specials (Though it's not the same because Ness can't do this), so it'd be even easier to it with DP.
Also note Wolf and Fox for that, heh.

If you've been following the speculation thread, you'd know I'm against making established clones into alts. He either has his own slot or he gets cut.
Other than what I responded to, I haven't been reading many points people have made. That's my bad, though. Sorry about that. I do think Alph is better off as an alt till more Pikmin appear to actually help him feel highly unique. An issue with the Rock Pikmin is they're not exactly easy to make stand out from the Purple Pikmin. Worst part is they wouldn't even be viable as their own alt to the Purple Pikmin due to making new models. It'd be perfect to do if Alph remains an alt, just to make him look more neat. As well as change the Final Smash a bit to make it look like Alph's ship instead. Beyond that, it's hard to think of what to give him for entirely unique Pikmin that aren't essentially a palette swap or too hard to make unique. I like the idea of Alph as a semi-clone myself(to a degree), but I just don't believe there's enough Pikmin themselves to help separate them. It'd be almost like a Pit/Dark Pit issue, bar the fact that Dark Pit was A) Way easier to make and B) He actually wouldn't use the same moves as Pit including the Final Smash(Alph's only issue legitimately was the fact he used the wrong ship, but it's not like he can't travel in that. It's not against his character to work with another Captain. It does stand out, but not in the same way as the Sacred Treasures. It's like Tingle trying to use the full Triforce, if you will. Not going to happen).

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
But why change what isn't neccesary? Captain Toad is the star of his own game, and has so much potential, while Toad would just be random.

I don't remember the original DK wanting to shower Pauline with coconut cream pies.
Jokes aside, my point about the uniquness factor still stand. Cranky can do something that Dixie can't, and that's what matters to me.
Toad is one of the main four Mario characters, playable in all spinoffs, and is only considered random for bad reasons, reason being he's not doable when he is.

Dixie can be unique if you believe. It's just impossible to think of a good moveset for her lol. Maybe something girl themed but then that would be sexist lol.

D

Deleted member

Toad is one of the main four Mario characters, playable in all spinoffs, and is only considered random for bad reasons, reason being he's not doable when he is.
I edited my post.
It says "he would just use random stuff from Mario games" now. And I'd rather have a Toad with established moveset and personality than a random Toad.

Dixie can be unique if you believe. It's just impossible to think of a good moveset for her lol. Maybe something girl themed but then that would be sexist lol.
Even if she'd be unique, Cranky can do something that no one else can. He has so much more personality than Dixie, who is just... Girl Diddy.
I personally find the "female reps" to be irrelevant after Sm4sh. We got more enough female characters in that game. :rosalina::4lucina::4palutena::4wiifit::4bayonetta: and that's without even counting the alts.

kirbstr

Smash Apprentice
Personally I don't think toad should be in smash at all. Smash is for nintendo all stars where as toad is usually just a supporting character/backup player character in mario games. Captain toad would be fine, but he would need to have another treasure tracker game come out in order to have the relevance of appearing in smash. While it's not too far fetched to think he might get in, he just doesn't really fit with the other characters.

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
I edited my post.
It says "he would just use random stuff from Mario games" now. And I'd rather have a Toad with established moveset and personality than a random Toad.

Even if she'd be unique, Cranky can do something that no one else can. He has so much more personality than Dixie, who is just... Girl Diddy.
I personally find the "female reps" to be irrelevant after Sm4sh. We got more enough female characters in that game. :rosalina::4lucina::4palutena::4wiifit::4bayonetta: and that's without even counting the alts.
A Toad who is only notable in one game and is an offshoot of an established character. Give it a few years and Red toad will still dwarf him. Sure it's random stuff for his moveset but at least he does it.

Shovel Knight is like Scrooge McDuck.

D

Deleted member

A Toad who is only notable in one game and is an offshoot of an established character. Give it a few years and Red toad will still dwarf him. Sure it's random stuff for his moveset but at least he does it.
I don't think Red Toad has a backpack that could make for a great gimmick.
Shovel Knight is like Scrooge McDuck.
Because of one move? By that logic Link is also like Scrooge McDuck because it's the same thing.
Cranky uses a cane and is, like Scrooge, an old man. Shovel Knight uses relics, and probably isn't an old man.

That's what I mean. Change his A moves up with the weapons. Being a semi-clone and all. His B moves are kind of special(pun not intended), so I wouldn't change anything unless he gets another canon appearance with more moves. Like Ganondorf's Flame Choke he got later on in canon in some way.
Meant to reply to that before, but I kinda forgot about many of the weapons in Uprising. Which weapons would you give him aside from the DP staff?

Other than what I responded to, I haven't been reading many points people have made. That's my bad, though. Sorry about that. I do think Alph is better off as an alt till more Pikmin appear to actually help him feel highly unique. An issue with the Rock Pikmin is they're not exactly easy to make stand out from the Purple Pikmin. Worst part is they wouldn't even be viable as their own alt to the Purple Pikmin due to making new models. It'd be perfect to do if Alph remains an alt, just to make him look more neat. As well as change the Final Smash a bit to make it look like Alph's ship instead. Beyond that, it's hard to think of what to give him for entirely unique Pikmin that aren't essentially a palette swap or too hard to make unique. I like the idea of Alph as a semi-clone myself(to a degree), but I just don't believe there's enough Pikmin themselves to help separate them. It'd be almost like a Pit/Dark Pit issue, bar the fact that Dark Pit was A) Way easier to make and B) He actually wouldn't use the same moves as Pit including the Final Smash(Alph's only issue legitimately was the fact he used the wrong ship, but it's not like he can't travel in that. It's not against his character to work with another Captain. It does stand out, but not in the same way as the Sacred Treasures. It's like Tingle trying to use the full Triforce, if you will. Not going to happen).
Rock Pikmin could do more shield damage and a meteor effect in exchange for a shorter range. But yeah, I'd rather keep Alph as a costume and give him a ship that resembles the SS Drake for his FS.

relevance
Wrong thread.
Most people just post their ideal rosters, not what's most likely.
Hell I have Ridley and Snek on my roster, and they aren't getting in anytime soon.

Luminario

Smash Lord
But Cap Toad gives Toad even more potential and moveset material, so they might as well just go with Cap.
You can want Cranky without disregarding Dixie's potential and dismissing female representation. She's got controllable hair, that's a good foundation for a unique moveset.

D

Deleted member

You can want Cranky without disregarding Dixie's potential and dismissing female representation. She's got controllable hair, that's a good foundation for a unique moveset.
I admit that Dixie could work as a unique character since she has the hair and stuff.
But like I said to Lunchman, Cranky can do stuff that no one else can and are more interesting to me.
and female representation was never important to me tbh

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
Any character can be unique with enough creativity. Maybe Toad can have flying squirrel and Cat moves in the same vein that Mario has fireballs.

D

Deleted member

Any character can be unique with enough creativity. Maybe Toad can have flying squirrel and Cat moves in the same vein that Mario has fireballs.
You're forgetting that the developers don't have that much time to think of all this stuff.
Not to mention, there are stuff that some characters can do that others can't, case and point being Cranky and Dixie.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Meant to reply to that before, but I kinda forgot about many of the weapons in Uprising. Which weapons would you give him aside from the DP staff?
I haven't played Uprising myself, but I do know about the fact there's tons of weapons. Just an idea of what to potentially do. That's why my point about judging DP should be "see how he's like first". Many I've talked to dismiss him without even seeing what he's like. I'm not the best person to give the argument, that said.

Rock Pikmin could do more shield damage and a meteor effect in exchange for a shorter range. But yeah, I'd rather keep Alph as a costume and give him a ship that resembles the SS Drake for his FS.
I think more than one Pikmin might help. A small change in damage is one thing, but fully changed up models takes a lot more. Damage tweaks are a bit easier than new models. I'm hoping for more myself~

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
You're forgetting that the developers don't have that much time to think of all this stuff.
Not to mention, there are stuff that some characters can do that others can't, case and point being Cranky and Dixie.
I'd say I thought it for them, but that'd be missing the point. Go have Cranky Kong and live your dream!

EDIT: Plus, I came up with that Toad moveset on the spot.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I may or may not have posted this one here before, but either way it's been long enough.

It feels really odd not having Vaati in my roster, especially with how adamant I was with him in the past.

D

Deleted member

I may or may not have posted this one here before, but either way it's been long enough.

It feels really odd not having Vaati in my roster, especially with how adamant I was with him in the past.
+Most newcomer choices
+No cuts as far as I can tell
+ICs and Wolf return

=No Shovel Knight
=Mipha (I have no idea who she is)
=Miis kept the same as before
=Dixie over Cranky

-Mimikyu
--------------------------No Decidueye
-No Waluigi
-No Snek

Very good roster aside from my personal nitpicks, but they're just opinion based for the most part.

Luminario

Smash Lord

My girls Issy, Mipha, and Mimikyu? All in one roster? Sold.
Any reason for choosing Rhythm Wrestler? As long as wubba-dubba-dubba-zat true reporter pops up it's all good, I'd just like to know the reason.

Autumn ♫

My girls Issy, Mipha, and Mimikyu? All in one roster? Sold.
Any reason for choosing Rhythm Wrestler? As long as wubba-dubba-dubba-zat true reporter pops up it's all good, I'd just like to know the reason.
Personal preference. I think the Rhythm Wrestler and Reporter would be a really nice duo.

+Most newcomer choices
+No cuts as far as I can tell
+ICs and Wolf return

=No Shovel Knight
=Mipha (I have no idea who she is)
=Miis kept the same as before
=Dixie over Cranky

-Mimikyu
--------------------------No Decidueye
-No Waluigi
-No Snek

Very good roster aside from my personal nitpicks, but they're just opinion based for the most part.
Mipha is one of the Champions from BotW iirc. I actually haven't played it yet myself, but she does seem important enough story wise, plus being a Ruto gives bonus points

D

Deleted member

Mipha is one of the Champions from BotW iirc. I actually haven't played it yet myself, but she does seem important enough story wise, plus being a Ruto gives bonus points
Fair enough. I don't really care which Zelda character we get as long as they're unique (Ganon is the only one I actively want), so Mipha's fine in my book I guess.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Interesting. As for Mipha, she and the other Champions share the same importance. So any work. She's cool, though. They all are.

I really like the fact you put the series in a more proper order. Pretty nice. Wrestler is also one of the Rhythm Heaven choices I think are good. Are all the alts from Smash 4 still there?

As for anyone else, no complaints. Very nice, safe, and solid roster. Is that part of what you were going for, under likeliness? Isabelle may be questionable only because she wouldn't fight, and I could see many finding the fact you're hurting her to be a bad thing. That said, that may be skipped over in favor of her being a choice. No ideas for other Square-Enix or Bandai-Namco options, or do you just want to keep that count low?

Autumn ♫

Interesting. As for Mipha, she and the other Champions share the same importance. So any work. She's cool, though. They all are.

I really like the fact you put the series in a more proper order. Pretty nice. Wrestler is also one of the Rhythm Heaven choices I think are good. Are all the alts from Smash 4 still there?

As for anyone else, no complaints. Very nice, safe, and solid roster. Is that part of what you were going for, under likeliness? Isabelle may be questionable only because she wouldn't fight, and I could see many finding the fact you're hurting her to be a bad thing. That said, that may be skipped over in favor of her being a choice. No ideas for other Square-Enix or Bandai-Namco options, or do you just want to keep that count low?
Yeah, all the alts are still there, I just don't put them down, and I'd have to think of new alts too. :laugh:

Yeah, I have a complete other roster for a more wishlist like roster although I keep that semi-realistic as well. I find Isabelle the next best choice for an AC character, and I think she could be unique enough to be playable, and AC is definitely large enough for a 2nd character as well. If I were to add a SE and Namco character, it'd probably be a hero from Dragon Quest and maybe a Tales of character, maybe Lloyd? Heihachi would work just fine as well too.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, all the alts are still there, I just don't put them down, and I'd have to think of new alts too. :laugh:

Yeah, I have a complete other roster for a more wishlist like roster although I keep that semi-realistic as well. I find Isabelle the next best choice for an AC character, and I think she could be unique enough to be playable, and AC is definitely large enough for a 2nd character as well. If I were to add a SE and Namco character, it'd probably be a hero from Dragon Quest and maybe a Tales of character, maybe Lloyd? Heihachi would work just fine as well too.
I was saying Isabelle is hard to believe she'd be violent or that many would be okay with beating her up. That's all. She's easily one of the best choices for a newcomer when it comes to "who would you want to see on the roster first", but the other issues do stand. I could see her being an accident prone fighter.

Also, Bandai-Namco, not just Namco. It's something that annoys me a bit, that people forget that it's two companies merged in one. Not that Bandai has many choices beyond Digimon, mind you, but they are video game characters too. Anyway, any thoughts on a Rareware character? Or just a Microsoft character in general?(they go hand-in-hand now) With how much room you have, you could easily throw out something. Lloyd is an interesting choice, that said. Him and Cress are pretty much the most iconic Tales of Protagonists/characters.

Last edited:

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
Who should be my seven DLC characters? I got Octoling, Isaac, Wolf, Ice Climbers, ______, _______, and ________.

EDIT: I need access to the biggest American fan poll.

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Roster.png

Here's something I made a while back (late August, I believe...) that I figured I'd throw in here. I'm probably going to change it up quite a bit in my next roster idea, but I figure it's food for thought.

TheHumanSonikku

Smash Cadet
I have a question, why is a series having more characters is "overkill"? I don't think this is a problem, but more of people upset that they didn't get the characters they wanted.

Fire Emblem got 6 characters, Kid Icarus got 3, why is this a bad thing? I think it's pointless to add a random number cap to a franchise, because I don't think Sakurai cares about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom