• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Early Smash 5 Fan-Made Rosters (Ideal or Prediction)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If we got a second fighting game character from another company to serve as a contrast to/rival for Ryu, who would you like to see?

I'm torn between:

* Heihachi from Tekken (a rare case where the villain is the central focus of a long-running series (the only other example that comes to mind is Castlevania), and he was considered for Smash 4 (though obviously, Pac-Man is going to take priority over every other Namco-Bandai character), who's currently on my roster

* Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury/King of Fighters (visually, he makes for a nice contrast with Ryu - traditional Japanese karate vs. American street brawler - and SNK is doing a better job with putting classic games on the Switch than Nintendo is), who I'm thinking about replacing Heihachi with.

Scorpion could also work, and I'm sure there's plenty of other options, both from the series mentioned and plenty of others.

Last edited:

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
If we got a second fighting game character from another company to serve as a contrast to/rival for Ryu, who would you like to see?

I'm torn between:

* Heihachi from Tekken (a rare case where the villain is the central focus of a long-running series (the only other example that comes to mind is Castlevania), and he was considered for Smash 4 (though obviously, Pac-Man is going to take priority over every other Namco-Bandai character), who's currently on my roster

* Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury/King of Fighters (visually, he makes for a nice contrast with Ryu - traditional Japanese karate vs. American street brawler - and SNK is doing a better job with putting classic games on the Switch than Nintendo is), who I'm thinking about replacing Heihachi with.

Scorpion could also work, and I'm sure there's plenty of other options, both from the series mentioned and plenty of others.
Hm, I am very uncultured when it comes to other fighting games, but if I had to choose, I would pick Scorpion. Although if I really could pick my wish, I would take Zetterburn from Rivals of Aether.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Scorpion is a great option.

I'd also like to see Fulgore, being his Combo Breaker as a focus of his gimmick. While he is a shotoclone too, he still has all kinds of unique options among his moveset, including temporary transformations(into the current character he's combo'ing), teleportation(very small bits, like a dash forward), more than one kind of projectile, and even a quick reflector(akin to how fast Zelda's is).

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I tried doing a complete roster overhaul for a Smash 5 roster and realized I liked Sakurai's roster too much to change much about it, but here's the results.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Here's my latest roster, with no cuts:

Row 1
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Rosalina & Luma
Dr. Mario
Yoshi
Wario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K.Rool
Cranky Kong

Duck Hunt Duo
Ice Climbers
Takamaru

Row 2
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Skull Kid
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Dark Samus
Sylux

Pit
Palutena
Dark Pit
Little Mac
Ness
Lucas

Row 3

Marth
Roy
Ike
Robin
Chrom
Lucina
Corrin
Captain Falcon
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Bandana Dee
Magolor

Fox
Falco
Andross
Wolf

Row 4

Pikachu
Charizard
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario
Greninja
Decidueye
Villager
Isabelle
Pikmin & Olimar
Wii Fit Trainer
Shulk
Inkling
Ribbon Girl

Mr. Game & Watch
R.O.B.
Mii Fighter

Row 5 (Third Party / Other)

Pac-Man
Lloyd Irving
Bomberman

Snake
Mega Man
Ryu
Sonic the Hedgehog
Bayonetta
Rayman
Rabbid

Cloud Strife
Geno
Random

Franchise representative categories

The Smash Nerd II.0.

Smash Journeyman

Row 1
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Rosalina & Luma
Dr. Mario
Yoshi
Wario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K.Rool
Cranky Kong

Duck Hunt Duo
Ice Climbers
Takamaru

Row 2
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Skull Kid
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Dark Samus
Sylux

Pit
Palutena
Dark Pit
Little Mac
Ness
Lucas

Row 3

Marth
Roy
Ike
Robin
Chrom
Lucina
Corrin
Captain Falcon
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Bandana Dee
Magolor

Fox
Falco
Andross*
Wolf

Row 4

Pikachu
Charizard
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario
Greninja
Decidueye
Villager
Isabelle
Pikmin & Olimar
Wii Fit Trainer
Shulk
Inkling
Ribbon Girl

Mr. Game & Watch
R.O.B.
Mii Fighter

Pac-Man
Lloyd Irving
Bomberman

Snake
Mega Man
Ryu
Sonic the Hedgehog
Bayonetta
Rayman
Rabbid

Cloud Strife
Geno
Random

Good Seeing Star Fox with more members on this roster.
But why did you added Andross.

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Good Seeing Star Fox with more members on this roster.
But why did you added Andross.
It's mainly because he's a villain, which the roster severely lacks much of. He's also pretty important to the franchise and is pretty interesting (though I'm not saying the rest of the main cast aren't, they're important and interesting too).

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Row 1
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Rosalina & Luma
Dr. Mario
Yoshi
Wario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K.Rool
Cranky Kong

Duck Hunt Duo
Ice Climbers
Takamaru

Row 2
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Skull Kid
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Dark Samus
Sylux

Pit
Palutena
Dark Pit
Little Mac
Ness
Lucas

Row 3

Marth
Roy
Ike
Robin
Chrom
Lucina
Corrin
Captain Falcon
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Bandana Dee
Magolor

Fox
Falco
Andross
Wolf

Row 4

Pikachu
Charizard
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario
Greninja
Decidueye
Villager
Isabelle
Pikmin & Olimar
Wii Fit Trainer
Shulk
Inkling
Ribbon Girl

Mr. Game & Watch
R.O.B.
Mii Fighter

Pac-Man
Lloyd Irving
Bomberman

Snake
Mega Man
Ryu
Sonic the Hedgehog
Bayonetta
Rayman
Rabbid

Cloud Strife
Geno
Random

The day Takamaru, Ridley, Snake, Bomberman, Rayman, and K. Rool all get in to the same game will be the best day.

On another note: is there a better way to make these things? The roster maker I have is FAR outdated and I can't be bothered to update it little by little.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Note: There is no way this roster will be chosen for smash 5. I simply made this as a joke to see how smash 5 would look if they made it all about the mario series.

The Ultimate Mario Roster

You might notice there are 4 different colors for the outlines of the characters. If you've never used the roster maker or simply don't know, here's what they mean.
Blue: A regular character coming pre-unlocked. EX: Mario
Red: An unlockable character. EX: Mr. Game And Watch
Green: A named reskin of a character. (It should be easy to tell who they are reskins for.) EX: The Koopalings
Yellow: A character unlockable by DLC. EX: Mewtwo
This roster is in no way gonna happen, I was just messing around to see what would be most likely if sakurai decided to add only mario characters in the next smash bros. game. I started with smash 4 wii u edition and built off of there. No characters were removed from smash 4.

Edit: Forget to make waluigi unlockable. He was supposed to be.
i wouldnt say its bad but i think it needs to be little bit balanced in the Mario RPGs reps
you have 1 SMRPG rep and 7 paper mario reps and 7 Mario & luigi reps
to balance things out each should have 5 reps (you could bring Smithy, Mallow, Culex and Axem rangers)

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
The day Takamaru, Ridley, Snake, Bomberman, Rayman, and K. Rool all get in to the same game will be the best day.

On another note: is there a better way to make these things? The roster maker I have is FAR outdated and I can't be bothered to update it little by little.
For Snake and Bomberman, it's down to Konami, sadly.

For Ridley and K.Rool, a new director would be needed (which is possible).

I did my roster in Photoshop - print screen copy + pasting the images of veterans from the Smash 3DS/WiiU website and cropping them. Some newcomer images I got from Smashified's page, and others I had to manually put together. Saved the file, and I can adjust it when I want to.

PF9

Smash Lord
I don't have a particular roster in mind, but I had an idea for the game which I lifted from professional wrestling - character stables. If you follow, say, the WWE (I used to when I was younger), you know how stables work.

For instance, the next game confirms that the Pikachu, Charizard, and (if return) Greninja are the ones that Ash own in the Pokemon anime - those three could make up a stable based on their link to Ash.

LostAddict

Smash Apprentice

I was sick the past couple days and made a roster. I don't know why I put so much effort in. Anyway:

Cuts:
  • Dr. Mario - I don't know why he was in one let alone two titles
  • Dark Pit - Doesn't really add anything to the table, I also find his character derivative
  • Cloud - Much like Snake in Brawl, he never really 'fit in' with the rest of the cast for me; I also dislike that he's pretty much never been on a Nintendo system and still got a slot
  • Bayonetta - Same complain as Cloud, she doesn't really feel like she fits in with the rest of the cast
Left to Right by Series:

Mario:
  • Added Toad. He's the last Mario character, to me, that really feels like he 'deserves' to be in the game. He's played a huge role throughout the series and is generally my go to character in the spinoff series. He's probably my favourite Mario character all together, so I might be biased.
Donkey Kong:
  • Added both Dixie and K Rool. I feel like Donkey Kong has a long enough history to warrant both of them. I think their inclusion is likely if it turns out Retro Studios has been working on a followup to Tropical Freeze this entire time - if not, then it's probably unlikely.
Warioware:
  • A lot of people think including Ashley is kind of random, but, I think Warioware is deserving of another rep, and when Ashley was confirmed as an assist trophy rather than a playable character there was a significant enough backlash on Japanese twitter that I think she stands a chance. I also think she could have a really unique moveset that relies on hexing/jinxing opponents causing them to trip or to slow down etc.
Retro/Misc:
  • Ice Climbers are back!
Legend of Zelda:
  • I really hope they update both Link and Zelda to their Breath of the Wild looks and also change their movesets to reflect the game. Link could use the many many different weapon types, Zelda could use the champions abilities. Both of them need a playstyle overhaul because for like two (three?) generations of games now they've been basically useless competitively.
  • Midna's kind of my left-field choice. She's my favourite companion Link has ever had and I think she could be an interesting character with a strong grab game (her hair) and teleport mechanics, a slippery trickster. I don't think it will happen. I would like another Zelda rep, so I'd also be interested in Impa, one of the BotW Champions, or one of it's standout characters taking the spot.
Pokemon:
  • I like parallel structure, and so almost for solely that reason I want a grass starter to be a character. I just think it rounds things out really nicely. Decidueye is certainly the most popular starter of the most recent generation and I think he has a badass design, so my vote's on him.
Splatoon:
  • Rather than just generic Inklings, I would prefer if the characters were Marina/Pearl/Callie/Marie. Two costumes each. They'd all play the same, but I'd rather play as a defined character rather than just a generic Inkling.
Advance Wars:
  • I love tactical RPGs and it saddens me that Advance Wars seems to have fallen by the wayside. You'd think with the resurgence of Fire Emblem that it would have gotten a new entry. I think eventually one will arise. Andy has all the charm of a Saturday morning cartoon, and I think if they did like a troop management playstyle he could play very very differently from the rest of the cast.
ARMS:
  • I hope if they include a fighter (they will) that they don't choose Spring Man. He's alright, but I think Min Min, Twintelle, Ribbon Girl, and Master Mummy would all be way more interesting characters to play as.
Animal Crossing:
  • I was rooting for Tom Nook for Smash 4 because I think he's a better mascot to the series than Villager. Either way, I'd like a playstyle that includes him putting other characters into debt and them repaying him (aka stealing percent from them) and things like throwing furniture or springing up houses.
Metroid:
  • Just add Ridley already.
  • Depending on what's in store for Metroid Prime 4, there could be a couple of other interesting character options.
Kid Icarus:
  • I haven't played Uprising, but I've watched the final battle and Hades has got one of the best personalities in a Nintendo game in a long long time. For that reason alone I'd love to see him on the field, taunting the rest of the cast.
Star Fox:
  • Wolf's back!
Third Party:
  • Added Bomberman and Shovel Knight. Loved Bomberman as a kid, Bomberman 64 being one of the first games I owned, and Shovel Knight is a love letter to old school Nintendo games, they should repay the favour by including him in.
Sorry for the essay. I'm sick and bored.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

I'm torn between:

Heihachi is the most probable, I think. Scorpion or Sub-Zero would be the most recognisable.

I think Yoshimitsu deserves an honourable mention though; appearing in all the Tekken and Soul Caliber games, the latter of which has featured Link as a playable character.

kirbstr

Smash Apprentice

I was sick the past couple days and made a roster. I don't know why I put so much effort in. Anyway:

Cuts:
  • Dr. Mario - I don't know why he was in one let alone two titles
  • Dark Pit - Doesn't really add anything to the table, I also find his character derivative
  • Cloud - Much like Snake in Brawl, he never really 'fit in' with the rest of the cast for me; I also dislike that he's pretty much never been on a Nintendo system and still got a slot
  • Bayonetta - Same complain as Cloud, she doesn't really feel like she fits in with the rest of the cast
Left to Right by Series:

Mario:
  • Added Toad. He's the last Mario character, to me, that really feels like he 'deserves' to be in the game. He's played a huge role throughout the series and is generally my go to character in the spinoff series. He's probably my favourite Mario character all together, so I might be biased.
Donkey Kong:
  • Added both Dixie and K Rool. I feel like Donkey Kong has a long enough history to warrant both of them. I think their inclusion is likely if it turns out Retro Studios has been working on a followup to Tropical Freeze this entire time - if not, then it's probably unlikely.
Warioware:
  • A lot of people think including Ashley is kind of random, but, I think Warioware is deserving of another rep, and when Ashley was confirmed as an assist trophy rather than a playable character there was a significant enough backlash on Japanese twitter that I think she stands a chance. I also think she could have a really unique moveset that relies on hexing/jinxing opponents causing them to trip or to slow down etc.
Retro/Misc:
  • Ice Climbers are back!
Legend of Zelda:
  • I really hope they update both Link and Zelda to their Breath of the Wild looks and also change their movesets to reflect the game. Link could use the many many different weapon types, Zelda could use the champions abilities. Both of them need a playstyle overhaul because for like two (three?) generations of games now they've been basically useless competitively.
  • Midna's kind of my left-field choice. She's my favourite companion Link has ever had and I think she could be an interesting character with a strong grab game (her hair) and teleport mechanics, a slippery trickster. I don't think it will happen. I would like another Zelda rep, so I'd also be interested in Impa, one of the BotW Champions, or one of it's standout characters taking the spot.
Pokemon:
  • I like parallel structure, and so almost for solely that reason I want a grass starter to be a character. I just think it rounds things out really nicely. Decidueye is certainly the most popular starter of the most recent generation and I think he has a badass design, so my vote's on him.
Splatoon:
  • Rather than just generic Inklings, I would prefer if the characters were Marina/Pearl/Callie/Marie. Two costumes each. They'd all play the same, but I'd rather play as a defined character rather than just a generic Inkling.
Advance Wars:
  • I love tactical RPGs and it saddens me that Advance Wars seems to have fallen by the wayside. You'd think with the resurgence of Fire Emblem that it would have gotten a new entry. I think eventually one will arise. Andy has all the charm of a Saturday morning cartoon, and I think if they did like a troop management playstyle he could play very very differently from the rest of the cast.
ARMS:
  • I hope if they include a fighter (they will) that they don't choose Spring Man. He's alright, but I think Min Min, Twintelle, Ribbon Girl, and Master Mummy would all be way more interesting characters to play as.
Animal Crossing:
  • I was rooting for Tom Nook for Smash 4 because I think he's a better mascot to the series than Villager. Either way, I'd like a playstyle that includes him putting other characters into debt and them repaying him (aka stealing percent from them) and things like throwing furniture or springing up houses.
Metroid:
  • Just add Ridley already.
  • Depending on what's in store for Metroid Prime 4, there could be a couple of other interesting character options.
Kid Icarus:
  • I haven't played Uprising, but I've watched the final battle and Hades has got one of the best personalities in a Nintendo game in a long long time. For that reason alone I'd love to see him on the field, taunting the rest of the cast.
Star Fox:
  • Wolf's back!
Third Party:
  • Added Bomberman and Shovel Knight. Loved Bomberman as a kid, Bomberman 64 being one of the first games I owned, and Shovel Knight is a love letter to old school Nintendo games, they should repay the favour by including him in.
Sorry for the essay. I'm sick and bored.
Hmm, cool list. Cloud and Bayo won't be cut if Sakurai has anything to say about it just because of how much effort probably went into creating those characters and how many people requested them. Decidueye will most likely be irrelevant by the time that smash 5 is released, so i'd count on a gen 8 starter being in the game as opposed to him.

• For splatoon, the character would most likely be "inkling: but have alts based on the other characters.

• As longs as IS wants FE to be front and center as their flagship franchise, I doubt any advanced wars character will make it in as opposed to another FE rep.

• ARMS will fall into obscurity by next year, I doubt it will get much representation in smash 5.

• Sadly, Ridley will never be playable in smash as long as Sakurai is the developer :ohwell:

• If Bomberman makes it in, hopefully snake will as well.

D

Deleted member

• Sadly, Ridley will never be playable in smash as long as Sakurai is the developer :ohwell:
Sakurai isn't the entire development team. Removing him from the equation doesn't magically make Ridley's chances "better".

kirbstr

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai isn't the entire development team. Removing him from the equation doesn't magically make Ridley's chances "better".
Well, it kind of does. It is Sakurai's game and at the end of the day, his word is law. He has repeatedly chosen to make ridley a boss character over actually being playable. If someone new were to direct smash 5, Ridley could be considered again. Most creative decisions in these games are made by Sakurai, so a new developer could open up new ideas to the series.

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
Newcomers
- Ridley (Metroid)
- Inkling (Splatoon)
- Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
- Dixie Kong (DK)
- Spring Man (ARMS)
- Ribbon Girl (ARMS)
- 4 New IP Characters

Wolf returns.

This is the last one, and it will have a competitive mode that refines Melee's engine.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Newcomers
- Ridley (Metroid)
- Inkling (Splatoon)
- Spring Man (ARMS)
- Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
- King K. Rool (DK)
- Dixie Kong (DK)
- Toad (Mario)
- Bandanna Dee (Kirby)
- Ashley (Wario)

Wolf and Ice Climbers return.

This is the last one, and it will have a competitive mode that refines Melee's engine.

EDIT: Also a Zelda character but I need help choosing one.
go for Impa or Ganon both have been around since the beginning

Last edited:

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
User was warned for this post
go for Impa or Ganon both have been around since the beginning
For me, it's between Skull Kid and Tingle. Impa is too inconsistent in appearance and is only popular with the Smash speculation community. I would add Ganon if Ganondorf was removed because they are the same character.

EDIT: If Sakurai goes with my edited roster, who else could they possibly add in Smash 6? Slippy Toad?

What are ALL the special types of characters in Smash? I'm talking clones, third parties, retro characters, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
What are ALL the special types of characters in Smash? I'm talking clones, third parties, retro characters, etc.
You've pretty much covered it, though I feel like what gets considered as "special" or a specific category varies from person to person. Even then, what qualifies as retro seems open to interpretation. (is it just Mr. Game & Watch, Duck Hunt, and ROB, who represent specific hardware with the Game & Watch, Zapper, and... ROB? Do Ice Climbers count? What about Pit? At the time of Brawl's release, Kid Icarus hadn't had a game since Of Myths and Monsters)

EDIT: If Sakurai goes with my edited roster, who else could they possibly add in Smash 6? Slippy Toad?
There's plenty of characters that could be added. Aside from third party characters and new series, there's still characters from series like Kirby, Xenoblade, and Star Fox that could be added, among plenty of others.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Clone/semi-clone, third-party, retro/wtf, promo (contentious so watch out), previously cut veteran, Japan-only...

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
My Roster. Its kinda a prediction/wishlist. I think its basically what I think should happen from a Game Developers point of view

Cuts
Cloud and everything Square Enix
Dr. Mario
Corrin
Dark Pit and Lucina revert into alts
Miis are "cut" and worked into other customization aspects (customize character appearance, including giving them a mii head)

Newcomers
Captain Toad
Skull Kid
Decidueye (or Gen 8 Pokemon, maybe both)
Ridley
Bandana Dee
K Rool or Dixie
Isabelle (possible semi clone)
Elma (Not Rex)
Inklings (boy and girl)
Spring Man
Excitebiker

Returning vets
Ice Climbers
Wolf

Third Party priority, only two picks
Rayman > Banjo & Kazooie > Bomberman > Crash > Spyro > Snake

Potentially inherit the Mii movesets (altered to better suit them naturally)
Waluigi (Brawler)
Dark Samus (Gunner)
Takamaru (Sword)

New Character alts
Dark Pit (Pit)
Lucina (Marth)
Daisy (Peach)

GolisoPower

Smash Master
For me, here are my most wanted newcomers:

First Party:

Inkling (Splatoon): With both games being extra popular, Inkling shouldn't be able to skip out on being in the next game!

Spring Man (ARMS): Sure, I know there are people out there who'd prefer Ribbon Girl than him, but as the most basic character in ARMS, it could be a sort of Ryu kind of situation: nothing special at the original games, but something extra unique in Smash Bros., as we've never seen a fighter with stretchy limbs in this game series before.

Decidueye (Pokemon): It's no secret at all that Decidueye is getting popular. More popular than, dare I say it, Sceptile. Some people would also say that Decidueye would complete the starter type trifecta with Charizard and Greninja.

Buzzwole (Pokemon): The Ultra Beasts are an odd take on Pokemon, but some that many have grown attached to from the parasitic Nihilego to the ravenous Guzzlord. But so far, the most popular of them all seems to be Buzzwole.

Takamaru (Mysterious Murasame Castle): The Mysterious Murasame Castle may be obscure for western gamers, but back in 2014, the game became more well known with Murasame Castle's release on the 3DS Virtual Console. Also, every new Smash game past SSB64 has had two NES related characters, with Ice Climbers (and Marth, believe it or not) in Melee, R.O.B. and Pit in Brawl and recently, Duck Hunt and Little Mac in Sm4sh. Takamaru would continue this tradition and give make Murasame less obscure.

Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X): Sure, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is coming out right now, but despite its flaws, Xenoblade X was still pretty popular among fans. Sure, we could have Cross instead the way we had Villager, Robin and Corrin, but Elma was integral to Xenoblade's story and is still pretty popular among Xenoblade fans.

Rex and Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2): With Xenoblade Chronicles 2 coming out, it would make sense for this Blade and Driver to be in Smash to represent this game, having some moveset potential right off the bat.

Champion Link (Zelda: Breath of the Wild): Sure, we already have two Links, but as we've seen, Champion Link has way too much diversity to be only relegated as either a clone of Link or just an alt costume, as his Champion abilities and different arsenal of weapons can make him a truly unique character.

Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101): Despite being made by Platinum Games, the Wonderful 101 is actually a first-party Nintendo game, and is regarded as a cult classic by fans. Although he was only relegated to being a trophy, with the possibility of a W101 port (and/or W102), it would make sense for this guy to be in the game.

Third Party:

Geno (Super Mario RPG): Hailing from a game that was a collab project between Square-Enix and Nintendo, Geno has had a special place in the hearts of Mario and Final Fantasy fans alike, garnering some popularity for the doll-warrior.

Banjo and Kazooie: This bear and bird duo are part of one of the biggest games in the N64 era, and despite Rare, their creators being bought by Microsoft and being damaged by the disastrous Nuts and Bolts, Banjo and Kazooie have had admiration by those who grew up with the Nintendo 64.

Fulgore (Killer Instinct): Killer Instinct, across the SNES and the N64, was Nintendo's only Street Figher-type fighting game by Rare, and the newest game for Xbox One has garnered some popularity, recently achieving 10 million players across the globe and recently getting a port for Steam. The reason I've included both the above character and this is because they've not only had a past with Nintendo, but Microsoft is starting to become good friends with Nintendo with the recent announcement of cross-play between Nintendo Switch and Xbox One with Minecraft and Rocket League.

Dovahkiin (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim): One of the most popular western games in Japan, Skyrim was one of the most if not the most well known Elder Scrolls game on the planet. And with the news that Skyrim would be coming to the Nintendo Switch, the possible match-up of Cloud vs. Dovahkiin for an East vs. West of RPGs would be something of legends in Smash Bros. Now before you go around saying that he's just a generic swordfighter, don't fret: he also uses archery, weapons other than a sword, magic and most notably his Dragon Shouts, putting it all together would make for a unique moveset.

The Doom Slayer (DOOM): With Doom being on multiple Nintendo platforms (including the SNES, N64 and most recently, the Switch), the Doom Slayer has my support for Smash as the face of the game that pioneered the entire FPS genre before Halo. With Bethesda showing a newly-developed love for the Switch with Skyrim, DOOM 2016 and Wolfenstein II, they should at least go the Capcom/Sega route and have Dovahkiin and Doom Slayer represent them.

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised I haven't seen any mention of Paper Mario yet. Sure you can say there are already two Marios, but a paper fighter has so much potential and he would be nothing like Mario or Dr. Mario.

Plus he could utilize all his paper features, like rolling up, turning into a paper airplane, being crumbled up in a wad...ok I don't know if that would be useful to him. But it'd sure look cool lol.

And we could introduce some of his sidekicks to. Like Gombella could be an assist trophy. When she gets summoned by a figher, she will retort information on whoever they are fighting. And her dialouge will get bigger and bigger and block the screen. Or maybe she'll give good pointers on how to counteract a fighter.

TheHumanSonikku

Smash Cadet
A few questions before I put my ideas on the the table.

1) Does the roster have to be "realistic"? What I mean is, does the roster have to be "what Sakurai thinks" or similar to it?
2) Is there a limit on how many characters we put on our rosters?
3) Do I have to explain why I added the character I chosen?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
A few questions before I put my ideas on the the table.

1) Does the roster have to be "realistic"? What I mean is, does the roster have to be "what Sakurai thinks" or similar to it?
2) Is there a limit on how many characters we put on our rosters?
3) Do I have to explain why I added the character I chosen?
This thread is for both realistic and idealistic rosters, though specifying which yours is in your post would make things easier (so people don't critique an ideal roster like an expected one, or so forth). Size limits generally aren't a thing either.

Explanations are good, but not required. Just make sure something is actually written in your post, as opposed to just posting the image and nothing else.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
24th of May 2016, and until today. I had to go back, to see what I first did, and to compare my new roster. Unfortunately, I did this after making the roster, so it will be even more exciting (maybe).

(In the preview the photo seem to have an error, but it's visible to me, so I add a link here if you can't see it; https://imgur.com/a/TOute )

First of you can see, this roster is pretty much based upon the same sort of style that 4 had. And the main focus point of this thread is the roster, so that’s what I’m going to talk about too. While I do not wish to make any cuts, I do have to point out that I could envision some of these clones with slots to be just another costume, like Alph, but because of the last game, I’ll let Dark Pit, Lucina and the good ol Doc to be their own for now, with also talking about a few more types like these that would rather get the Olimar/Alph treatment at the very end, when I talk about characters that are not in the core roster, but is worth mentioning (same goes for some of the ideas for “reps” as you see them in the roster)

Newcomers;

Captain Toad – While there is no secret that the Mario franchise is huge, and that the universe keeps expanding, not only by itself but usually also in Super Smash Bros, we got to think of who would really make the roster more unique, who plays a central role in the universe, and who’s still not there already. That’s when Toad came up. Looking at Toad, he is like Yoshi, a simple generic creature of its own kind, and unlike Yoshi, Toad has not had his own ga--… Wait a minute!? There was a Toad who had its own game?! Yes, there is, and that is of course Captain Toad, an explorer centred Toad who solves puzzles and other fun stuff. It gave Toad a bit more than just being its standard generic species, but an ideal identity, and of something Smash thus far lacks. Therefore, I believe Captain Toad to be the ideal candidate of the Mario Universe, but is he alone?

Waluigi – You got that right, and what time to be alive. Now I’m a big fan of Waluigi, ever since his debut in the earlier sports titles, and what better way is there to incorporate a character that could fill the void of all those ridiculous spin-offs that the Mario franchise have had. While also that, think of the line-up of Wario with Waluigi, finally happening in Smash. Even lord Sakurai was not sure if he would label him a Mario character or a Wario character, therefore, he would not only have a chance to represent the Mario spin-off’s, but also Wario? (Come On’, Waluigi is from Waluigi <3)

Dixie Kong – Smash is no stranger to adding two editions, and that I’d like to say straight off the bat. Dixie Kong is a great filler character, being a semi-clone, like Luigi and Falco, only for Diddy Kong, who will now appear in its third Smash. It’s time for Dixie, the pink, hair swirling, banana hunting female primate. She would not take too much time, and now that other series like Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem has been thrown into the oven and baked, it’s time for another series, thus comes Donkey Kong. Come on, you know you want Dixie there. Yes, even you Kutthroat.

King K. Rool – No doubt in hell that Nintendo finally have got a vocally loud, and dedicated fanbase, and I’m not going to even compare it to Ridley, but rather state the fact that THE KING finally got some bloody recognition, and trademark at that too. While we were not fully satisfied for a mii costume, it was a start, and finally we got a glimpse of hope. A hope that our king got a bright future ahead of him, when it comes to the next Smash game, but who am I kidding? We thought so, ever since pre-brawl, did we not? Still, this time, it’s different, and a good different. He deserves to become a playable, and if there are any left in Nintendo’s library, he is one of them.

Tingle – WHAT!? NO IMPA!? Don’t kill me. Here, have a rupee while I draw you this cool map. We cool? We cool, bruh? … Now Tingle does have a fanbase in Japan, and he is an additionally, supporting character to the franchise, and has been for a long time. He also spawned a couple of games over his time. He is small, he is funny and he is annoying as hell, but do you know what? That makes him a great addition that you just love to beat up, win-win, huh? (Also, if you want me to talk a little bit about Impa, scroll further down.)

New Metroid Rep (Franchise Rep) – Now I won’t spoil this discussion yet, as I have 2 candidates that I want to do separately further down on this page. This will be the same for “Fire Emblem”, “Star Fox”, “Pokémon”, “Xenoblade” and “3rd Parties”.

Balloon Fighter – Now, I’ve been wanting this character since brawl, and hoped that he would potentially become more apparent in the Smash universe, and now that our god, former president Satoru Iwata has left us, this is his best-known legacy. Balloon Fighter will not only be that one retro-rep, but also our love for Iwata. Having Balloon Fighter here would also make up for some interesting fighter/playstyle potential. Also, I look at Tingle and Balloon Fighter VERY DIFFERENTLY from one another.

Medusa – So, since we got Pit, Palutena and Dark Pit, I figured out that there should also be a “Dark Palutena”, instead of anything else. Medusa, the first last boss of the Kid Icarus series still had a prominent role in the “Uprising” game, and would be the perfect partner character for Dark Pit, as opposite to Pit and Palutena. Also, Medusa would definitely play very differently from any other fighter presented thus far, or existing.

Isaac – Raise your hand if you were disappointed Isaac did not become a playable character in Smash 4. Now, raise your hand if you thought it was unfair that he was left out as an assist trophy in smash 4, after not becoming playable. Yes, it’s quite unfortunate that we did not get anything Golden Sun related, other than a track if I recall correctly. And while this is quite a wild card pick, I still feel certain that we have come thus far in Smash picking that we have to look into new places for ideas, or reflect on our history… See? Perhaps Smash 5 is the time we take a step back, to look at what we could have done differently, and there I believe Isaac could get his uprising.

Waddle Dee – Waddle, Daddle, Fladdle, Raddle, Bandana Dee, oh my. So were back to the Yoshi, Toad incident we talked about earlier, and all those above are not aliases, except for Waddle and Bandana Dee, I just wish to ramble, since Waddle Dee is so absolutely cute. As said, generic? No, this one pops a cool bandana and wields a deadly spear, like anyone could generically do, still… After Kirby, Metaknight and King Dedede, there is only one who appear quite often as a very memorable member of the group, and that’s the cool bandana wielding Waddle Dee. My whole point is back to that of, he is the 4th remaining missing member. He is the Toad, or the Charizard, the popular, generic, still relevant character of the series. Yes, I do support this charmer.

Samurai Goroh – People always bash on F-Zero being obscure, but hell, no one bat an eye when Kid Icarus, which were more obscure than F-Zero got a playable in brawl, only to spawn a new feature game, and 2 new playable characters for the next game. Now, what did F-Zero get? A bloody falcon punch meme. Goroh however have been present since Melee, first in the introduction (same as Wolf & Ridley), and therefrom an assist trophy, and we know how that can help some people (Little Mac). So if there are any other characters from the F-Zero line-up that really deserves a playable part that, it should be Goroh in my opinion. I also am going to mention another F-Zero character further down, don’t worry too much. (Also, personal vendetta that he is my all-time favourite F-Zero pilot.)

Inkling – Like everyone else have understood, Splatoon was a major salespoint and a commercial success as a new brand in a though market of thousands of game franchises that comes and dies, Nintendo has proven that they still got it. Who did not fall in love with the idea of having Inkling as a new playable for Smash? Heck, Inkling did not even have an official name, it was Squid Kid, but look at it now, everyone calls them the Inklings. And yes, if there are some none brainers out there, I bet my money on a Squid Kid.

Spring Man – Just as pointed out from before, Nintendo certainly know how to create new franchises still, and ARMS is not an exception. However, while you see Spring Man there, I do want to talk about another character that I do favour from the franchise more, but have thought of it as a gender thing, you might already know what I’m talking about, but I’ll do it more official further down. Spring Man on the other hand is the poster boy for the new Switch exclusive ARMS, and the character would indeed be quite different from Little Mac, with perhaps only the body build in common, and that hair though.

Rhythm Troupe – Ok, this one is a little bit different than just a “New rep” type for a franchise, like the others. This is instead a standalone, NEW franchise type of entry that I quickly just want to go over. As I’ve never tried the games personally, I still think they look tons of fun. It’s hard to pick out just one of these wacky creatures, and therefore I place Rhythm Troupe as my character, which basically applies to any Rhythm Heaven representative there is. As I do believe that this franchise is strong enough on its own to spawn a playable in the next Smash game.

Chibi-Robo – Another cute little entry that I want to place out there. I was a huge supporter for Chibi-Robo’s inclusion to Smash 4, even made a fake little thing to compensate for his absence. I think the design of Chibi is really cute, and would be fun to use the character. If Smash Flash 2 have thought me anything, then it is that Chibi-Robo is full of potential, fun to use and belongs in Smash.

Ice Climbers – Why, oh, why are you gone, my loves? It was icebreaking to see them absent from the game, and is there one thing that should be the main priority of the next game, it’s to include our beloved duo of Smash, the Ice Climbers. I can understand that it has been difficult to make the character work properly for the handheld, but this time around Nintendo do not have a handheld to work with (if Switch is the only thing that is). So, the console should be strong enough to power them up.

Takamaru – I do not know much about Takamaru or the Murasame Caste game, but in design aspects, I do like Takamaru. I also respect the history, as it reminds me a lot of Kid Icarus type of opportunity, not only for the character, but the series itself. Having Taku as an assist trophy might have been a smart move on Nintendo’s part, making people realize who he actually is when they present him as playable for the next game, they be like “Oh yeah, that blue haired samurai assist from the previous game, cool.”

Geno – Not gonna lie, I support this inclusion, fully. After playing the build for the Project M I was sold on Geno as a concept. The fact that Sakurai went through all troubles to include the Mii costume just comes to show that there are both claim for the character, as well as interest. While that’s said, people have been joking about Geno & Sakurai for years, but in an interview some time ago, Sakurai admitted that he tried to get Geno into the game, and why not give it one more chance, now that we see how well it went with Cloud Strife?

Bomberman – Ok. You will probably call it a dumb idea, or tell me he is in Konami hell, or how about, FIRST WE GET SNAKE BACK. Well, I’ll take Bomberman over there any day than take back Snake, NOW WHILE THAT’S SAID, I do not mind having Snake back, in fact I would love it, as I think his style is unique and cool, I just favour Bomberman, it’s personal. (Snake will return down below). Bomberman got that’s cutsie look and appeal that I think fits well with the likes of Megaman, Pac-Man, Mario and Sonic. Therefore, I place him high as a want, but it’s all up to Konami to even let this poor Hudson out of his shell.

Crash Bandicoot – I used to think that Crash was not only the face of Sony’s platform, but that he actually WAS PlayStation. Who would have thought that Crash had tons of games on the GameCube, as well as Wii and the Gameboy Advance? Him? The Playstation mascot? Dude, Sony did not even get him to be part of Sony Playstation All-Stars. So, screw that Mandela effect. Crash is just a washed-up mascot who got a firm reboot of his series, with history ties in with Nintendo. I do see this as the best possible time to introduce the character. He was also popular in Japan, unlike other western mascots.

That’s it for the first part. The official roster of mine part. The second part will be explained along the way, but it’s the same basis as the first part.

(Same with this one, so here is a link if it does not show; https://imgur.com/a/5yck3 )

Dark Samus – The first Metroid character that I do believe have a chance. If they go with the vendetta against Ridley, then the second-best way to go up about it is to introduce the dark edition of another loved character, like Dark Pit for Pit. Dark Samus on the other hand is not just a clone, far from it. Dark Samus has a lot of different moves that would set it apart from ordinary Samus. We did get a taste of that when it became an assist trophy in Smash 4.

Ridley – Now this is a character I’d love to see. I do hope that one day we could use Ridley, Goroh and Wolf in the same game, as a tribute to the Melee intro. Also after playing these mods of Brawl, I fell in love with the Ridley mod. It proved to me that this was indeed a character worth hoping for. Size is definitive not an issue, they have toned down Bowser, and other characters, so it should not be a problem, even Smash have sized Ridley down 3 times. (Melee intro, SSE in Brawl and as the Hazard of S4). So, even though I’m not as loud as with others, I do fully support Ridley to take part.

Krystal – She would become a new Star Fox character introduced, as well as the first female character from said series. She has great range of potential ideals to make a move pool out of, and she would definitive be a recognizable fighter (for those who know Star Fox that is), because she does have a quite lively audience. Her biggest issue is the comeback of everyone’s favourite Wolf. Speaking of…

Wolf O’Donell – Wolf has indeed once been part of the roster in the third instalment, and is still being howled after by his glorious fans. Cutting Wolf again? I can’t let you do that Sakurai. Or, I don’t have the power to do anything, but I do believe it’s very likely that there will be another Star Fox character, and if it’s the return of Wolf or introduction of Krystal, that I do not know, but I lean towards the epic return, before the new encounter.

Skull Kid – Honestly, I do not know how likely it is, but I don’t want to meet with a terrible fate, so I’ll cover it. Because, I do really like Skull Kid and the Majora’s Mask as a design. The magic aspect of this character could make him quite interesting. I’m just quite unsure how high of chances he got unlike other characters, but that’s just my thought.

Impa – Alright, here she is. Well… Now that she’s here, I do not know what much to say, to be honest. I do not know too much of Impa, other than she has multiple incarnations. Also, that she was watching over Zelda, and had something to with her transformation into Sheik, as some clan sort of thing, other than that I can’t say too much. I do believe she would make an interesting fighter however as a semi-clone of Sheik or not.

Masked Man – Again I enter a realm of something I do not know much of, and that’s the “Mother/Earthbound” series, but Ness is indeed one of my mains, so a new character from this universe would not hurt, if it’s not a semi-clone. Therefore, Masked Man/Claus, with his jet pack, and sword style could be very unique and interesting to me. If they want a villain for Lucas, or a villain for Ness, that’s the question?

Porky Minch – As said, if Mother 3 would get a localization, then I could see Masked Man be the one, but if they would go for another crazy whacky unique style, then Porky and his machinery could indeed become something very unique. We did have him as a boss in the SSE, so why not do something out of it, as people would at least somewhat know who he is.

Black Shadow – While I did say that Samurai Goroh would be the best fit for a newcomer, I do think that Black Shadow also would be a very interesting choice. People claiming, he would be taking Ganondorf’s old move-set just don’t know Black Shadow. Most things Ganon could do, so could Black Shadow, he got magic, power and brute strength. He would have to become something different from Falcon and Ganon, and that’s where I don’t see the effort coming inn, as it’s F-Zero, unfortunately.

Pious Augustus – Now this is a very obscure choice, and I’ll back it up by the fact that it would show of some of the “horror” sides that Nintendo has built up under the radar. I do think it’s quite far-fetch’d, but I do think it could have been interesting to see how Nintendo would do this.

Deciduye – The new Pokémon starter favourite, which is not bad, as it’s finally the grass starter that is shown some love, and what does the current line-up of Pokémon lack? Exactly, fly and ghost! I mean, grass. While that’s true, it would also be winged, and focus around being an archer type, with ghost effects, so that’s cool. Did I mention that he was popular? AND for its record, it’s a new fighter at Pokken Tournament too.

Meowth – Alright, this is more or less a guilty pleasure choice. Ever since the early days of Smash, I still followed the Pokémon series as crazy, thinking that with Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Mewtwo, there should be a Team Rocket member to even out the odds of the anime, so Meowth was a character that I could see fit. He is still relevant to the plot, but is often brushed off as a simple normal type in the game, so that hurts him quite much, unfortunately.

Pichu – I hated Pichu in Melee, and I don’t think too much of it in the games either, but I still really want this character to return. Why? Nostalgia? Perhaps, but it’s cute, and the glass cannon type of fighter was a great design executed poorly in game, and deserve a revisit. So, if there is any Pokémon I want back, then Pichu is a welcoming addition.

Sceptile – Damn, Sceptile, back again with the grass type. Yes, most people seem to blame their interest in Sceptile on a few things; One, being a grass, and a starter. Second is that around the release of Smash 4, the Hoenn remakes where making their ways and was heavily supported, hence Greninja from X & Y. I do think Sceptile is a great Pokémon to be considered, but personally not my first thought.

Andy & Sami – Alright, I want to do these together, as I do step into a realm that I do not know much about, the “Advance Wars”, and I do know that these two are from the same game. Sami spawns an automatic machine gun, while Andy wields a wrench, right? Well, I do agree that the Advance Wars deserves some love, as I think squeezing inn much obscurity and reviving old IP’s would be a fantastic idea, and this is one of the series I believe could easily make a great comeback to the markets. People do say, and I agree, that Sami could easily take over Snake’s old move-set if Snake himself does not return, and Andy could also easily become his own character.

Prince Fluff – I just had to think of something that could be good for the Kirby series after Waddle Dee, and while there are a lot of others; Adeline, Magolor, Whispy Woods and even Waddle Doo, there is one character that stands out a bit more, and that’s Prince Fluff, as not only would he look like a Kirby clone, but he could represent the “Yarn” series as its own, which makes him a much more tempting addition in my opinion.

Wonder-Red – All I could say about this is that it would represent a brand-new series, and that he looks like he could fit. He always reminded me of Viewtiful Joe. Also, what did happen to this series? It’s not like Splatoon or ARMS who really skyrocketed into popularity. I would not mind it, but I do not really see it happen either.

Doshin – Remember that kid who dreamt of having the Duck Hunt Dog as part of Smash? Well, I’m that kid who wanted Doshin, so dreams can go far beyond… I know it’s very unlikely, but he is a weird guilty pleasure of mine. Size as we stated should not be an issue, as he only grows by love, he is not a giant entirely or at all time. Also, there are tons this yellow goofball could do which would make him stand out. Go Doshin <3

Lip – Second guilty pleasure is the young fairy girl known as Lip, from the Japanese exclusive series “Panel de pon”, which ported overseas as Yoshi’s cookie, or Pokémon Puzzle League (ß One of my favourite games of all time, if I may say so myself). What draws me to this fairy girl is that she is a simple, yet super entertaining design, her weapon, the “Lip’s stick” has been presented ever since Melee, so she is no stranger to Smash by lore. Also, Sakurai considers the series she hails from a masterpiece, and if my love for PPL was not enough, then I couldn’t agree more.

Goose – or any Pilot Wings character for that matter would be another wild card guilty pleasure. I do not know what it is, but I really would like to see something more presentable from this series, and I think that Goose looks rather lanky enough to stand out, and that he looks somewhat memorable from the cast itself.

Ms. Game & Watch – Now this is something I’d love to see get an “Olimar/Alph” treatment. It would make Game & Watch evolve as a character and a series within Smash, and since Mr. G&W has been present since Melee, I would not mind something new about him, or the character slot. So, with all those gender swaps, why not Ms. Game & Watch too?

Princess Daisy – As you could tell, I’ve started the “Olimar/Alph” treatment road at this point, but in Daisies case, before you kill me, I’m quite aware that she could make her own character quite unique, either as a semi-clone or not. I do think that our best shot at this point is having her as an alternate for Peach, which I would love, and that’s the most support I do lend this design at this given game.

Ribbon Girl – I do like Ribbon Girl way more than I like Spring Man for some reason, and I think that if they went down this road, I’d appreciate the ARMS represented much, much more. I think Spring Man looks a bit too stiff and awkward with colours for my taste, but Ribbon Girl feels more balanced in this regard.

Blood Falcon – Of course I’d have to mention Blood Falcon, and yes, I’d love to have Blood Falcon as an alternative for Falcon, and not just a colour palette. I want to see that evil flare within his eyes, feeling like the true Blood Falcon, not see a smiling Cap with Blood’s colours.

Before I go any further, I want to talk quickly about the Fire Emblem and Xenoblade representation. You don’t have to go deep into it to understand that within Smash, Fire Emblem is huge, and as its own franchise it grows. It grows thus far, as most likely a new fighter from one of the new games would take stage. While that is said, please don’t be a swordsman/or woman for that matter, but a Female something which is not sword fighter come forth. And for the Xenoblade, I’ve never tried the series, so Elma, Fiora or any new cool character from the new Xenoblade is welcome to me, I’m not going to be picky, but as a realist, I believe that a new Xenoblade is certain.a

Solid Snake – Here we are. Yes, I’d love to see Snake return. If I can get a bundle from Konami of both Snake & Bomberman, I’m all game. He was a very unique addition in Brawl, a little bit out there, but with Zero Suit, Shulk and Bayonetta present, the more Snake sort of characters makes Snake fit even better at this point, but that’s all I got.

Banjo & Kazooie – Figured I’d rather just talk quickly about Banjo. If RARE was still owned by Nintendo, I do believe that he would have been present since Brawl. While that was not how the story went, the effort of adding this character will be more difficult, but I would not be against it. Head of Xbox said they would be interested with collaborating with Nintendo on the matter, but is it worth it? Or are there others that should be given the priority first?

Rayman – True that Rayman already held a trophy in Smash 4, and people went crazy over the fake leak, that Rayman was coming, hyping up the fans out for more, and cry out their love for supporting this arm-less icon. I don’t mind seeing him in, and I do believe that either with or after Crash Bandicoot, he is the right one to get inn.

Rabbid – If anyone would suggest this character a half year ago, I’d laugh, and be ignoring the **** out of that… Fast forward to the Mario & Rabbid game, and a very interesting discussion by Source Gaming, and what do we have? A total changed opinion of some of the most annoying creatures of video game or digital entertainments history. I would not mind it happening, but it’s not a high wish of mine for it to happen if you catch my drift.

Professor Layton – Now this is a 3rd party guilty pleasure of mine. I do think he looks very entertaining and funny. I also think that there are a lot of things to take inspiration on when creating a move-set for Layton. I also know there are plenty of others who would love to see Layton in their Smash, but will it happen? Likely not.

Shantae – Now, we know we are leaning towards the end when someone is starting to rabble about indie representation within Smash, and it is, it’s the second last addition to the discussion list. Why Shantae? Well, it’s a female, pirate, genie who can whip her hair better than Willow Smith. She has had a lot of support, pushing towards an indie representation, while that it’s not new, it has not happened yet, and others would agree that this last one might be more plausible?

Shovel Knight – This is the last character, and it’s definitively a character that I would support. It’s just something about the character concept that feels so appealing to me while thinking of the Smash Bros universe. He has also been perhaps the most pushed indie character to ever been called out into the Smash void.

Alright, that’s about it. I hope you liked to read about my predictions, wants and whatnot about some characters we might or might not share a common interest inn. Peace out fellow Smashers.

TheHumanSonikku

Smash Cadet
This roster of mine may be a bit of a doozy, but this is something I always wanted in a potential Super Smash Bros in the future. This ISN'T a realistic roster, per say. It's more of a "What I want, what other people want, and what can I do without people getting mad at me", so I decided to go with my roster and attempt to have a Sakurai-like thinking process. Remember that this is NOT a realistic roster, it has 135 characters, and I do not think Sakurai has the drive to go all out like I just did, but hey, a guy can dream, right?

This roster is based off of the fact that Nintendo's 130th anniversary is in 2 years, and that the next Smash game could be a celebration-like game.

The Roster

Yes, I understand it's huge, and there may be choices that people are going to get on my case about, but I'll try to explain my choices the best way I can. If the bottom row looks strange and out of place, that's because I meant to try and make it similar to Smash 4's where all of the DLC characters where listed last on the character select screen.

Veterans
  • No Cuts! I wanted all characters to be back in the game, no matter how redundant some may be. I feel like the clone characters mean a lot to the series overall. They can still be "Luigi-fied" as well.
Now the thing I might get flack for... the Newcomers. There's a lot, so I'll explain my choices. Again, this isn't meant to be realistic, this is a dream that will never come true.

1. Daisy- Daisy is a character many people wanted in Smash, and I think she would make a good addition. She could represent the sports games, rather than be just the "Peach clone" people love to call her.
  2. Captain Toad- I always wanted a type of Toad character. And Captain Toad could be amazing if done properly. He could play on the attributes Toads normally have, where they have low jumps, but quick movement speeds.
  3. Geno- A character that I love. I heard before that he was thought to be a character, but he wasn't chosen due to Square Enix keeping Geno under wraps. However, I hope Geno does appear one day.
  4. Paper Mario- Paper Mario is something many people don't want because they automatically see him as a Mario clone akin to Toon Link, however, Paper Mario is very loved and has a lot potential to be something fresh.
  5. Plum- A strange choice, I know. But I think they can interpret playing golf into a pretty fun moveset. Not many people would choose her though.
  6. Waluigi- To this day, I still wonder why he's not a playable character yet.
  7. Captain Syrup- A good Wario rep in my opinion if Wario ever gets another character.
  8. Dixie Kong and King K. Rool- If Sakurai ever wants to expand the Donkey Kong representation, these characters are the top contenders. They are insanely popular as newcomer picks.
  9. Tetra- Cut from Brawl, but she does have a big following as a Zelda rep.
  10. Lana- If they want to choose a character from Hyrule Warriors, they could pick Lana.
  11. Vaati- I wanted another villain for the Zelda series, and I though Vaati could represent the handheld Zelda titles.
  12. Magnus- A character many people wanted from Kid Icarus: Uprising. My personal favorite too.
  13. Hades- I wasn't sure whether to pick him or Medusa as the villain for the Kid Icarus series. They can be interchangeable here, but I thought Hades would be more fitting as the "big boss" of the series.
  14. Bandana Dee- Always wanted him in Smash Bros.
  15. Krystal- Very popular with many of the smash fans as picks for a new Starfox rep.
  16. Slippy- I believe that Sakurai can do something cool with Slippy and not make him another "space animal". He is the mechanic of the group, so he could probably use more gadgets in his moveset.
  17. Jody Summer- My most wanted pick for a F-Zero rep. I like her more than Black Shadow.
  18. Sceptile- My favorite starter from Gen 3, and I have been rooting for him since he became a popular pick in smash speculation.
  19. Genesect- I remember before Smash 4 came, or before even was announced, that Genesect was one of the most wanted Pokemon for a smash game. We also don't have a Gen 5 rep, so he could take that spot.
  20. Decidueye- I believe that Decidueye can bring new things to the table. I also like the possibility of him having a trap based moveset.
  21. Micaiah- A wanted Fire Emblem character. I believe that Fire Emblem should get more reps, and not forgotten or seen as "unnecessary.
  22. Anna - Another character I wanted from FE. Her potential with a thief based moveset could be interesting.
  23. Ninten and Kumatora- Yeah, yeah, I know, Ninten is basically Ness, however, I wanted to at least have the 3 protagonists from the Mother trilogy. Kumatora could also be the Mother 3 rep, due to the popularity Mother 3 has right now, and the chance of there being a re-release of Mother 3 in the future.
  24. Ray Mk III/Custom Robo Rep- I always loved Custom Robo, and I believe it can have a place in Smash bros. He does have a variety of weapons, and they can be used for a projectile based fighting style.
  25. Isaac- One of the more wanted characters. SSF2 also may have influenced me.
  26. DeMille- A character I have always loved and wanted in Super Smash Bros. He always caught my attention, and he was one of my top 5 Nintendo characters.
  27. Chibi Robo- Another popular contender.
  28. Captain Rainbow- I wasn't sure about how people will feel about him, but I wouldn't mind if he was in a future installment.
  29. Elma- One of the most wanted Xenoblade reps to be with Shulk.
  30. Aeron- I am a huge fan of Pandora's Tower. Also, we'll be one step closer to complete the Rainfall Trinity.
  31. Dillion- A somewhat popular pick for smash speculation.
  32. Wonder Red- A must. If Wonder Red was added, my life would be complete.
  33. Inkling- Pretty much a given if a new smash port or installment comes fr the Switch.
  34. Balloon Fighter- Picked because Balloon Fight is one of the more popular NES titles, and if they would pick another retro character, it could be him/her. (What gender they are confirmed to be anyway?)
  35. Mach Rider- Another popular NES rep.
  36. Diskun- An oddball character who is the mascot of the Famicom Disk System.
  37. Takamaru- A character that had a chance but was cut out.
  38. Donbe & Hikari- This would be a HUGE out of place pick, but I still would love to see them in a Smash title, or at least one of them.
  39. Excitebike Racer/Dude- Excitebike is one of my favorite NES games, and a character based solely on riding a motorcycle would be amazing.
  40. Ayumi- Another obscure character I would love seeing.
  41. Prince Sable
  42. Sukapon
  43. Lip
  44. Spring Man- Has be more popular due to Arms.
  45. Henry- A Codename Steam rep.

Third Parties are something I thought can be expanded and shouldn't be just limited to just one character per series. But this is my opinion, you are free to disagree.

1. Tails and Knuckles- I felt that Sonic could have more reps, and these two feel perfect.
  2. Nights - If they wanted another Sega rep, they could go with Nights.
  3. Jin Kazama- Sakurai did state that Heihachi was at least in thought when making Smash 4. However, I thought Jin would be a more suitable rep for that.
  4. Lloyd
  5. Klonoa
  6. Bass and Zero- Two Megaman reps I wanted to see if Megaman could ever get another one
  7. Phoenix Wright- A capcom rep I wanted to see as well. They could possibly use that evidence mechanic from MvC3.
  8. Black Mage- Another Final Fantasy rep.
  9. Sora
  10. Neku
  11. Raiden- Wasn't sure about him. If Metal Gear got another rep, it could possibly be Raiden.
  12. Bomberman
  13. Banjo and Kazooie
  14. Shantae
  15. Crash Bandicoot
  16. Lilac
  17. Professor Layton- One of the most wanted characters.
  18. Rayman
  19. Ryu Hayabusa- Has a big following from the NES Ninja Gaiden.
  20. Shovel Knight- One of the most popular indie characters wanted in Smash.
  21. Sir Arthur- I always seen him as a Smash character more than a MvC character. I've always wanted to see him ever since Megaman was announced.
  22. Travis Touchdown- Also one of the top third party characters people want in smash.

So yeah, this is my roster. It's a dream that will never happen, but it's good to get my ideas down. I, in no way, think this roster is realistic for a Smash 5, however, this is something I would love to see. So many choices and characters to choose. Please tell me your thoughts about it.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Just a random question since I see some people include Balloon fighter in their list
would Alice from Balloon kid be an alt costume for Balloon fighter or would you prefer her to be a clone of balloon fighter?

Troykv

Smash Master
This roster of mine may be a bit of a doozy, but this is something I always wanted in a potential Super Smash Bros in the future. This ISN'T a realistic roster, per say. It's more of a "What I want, what other people want, and what can I do without people getting mad at me", so I decided to go with my roster and attempt to have a Sakurai-like thinking process. Remember that this is NOT a realistic roster, it has 135 characters, and I do not think Sakurai has the drive to go all out like I just did, but hey, a guy can dream, right?

This roster is based off of the fact that Nintendo's 130th anniversary is in 2 years, and that the next Smash game could be a celebration-like game.

The Roster

Yes, I understand it's huge, and there may be choices that people are going to get on my case about, but I'll try to explain my choices the best way I can. If the bottom row looks stange and out fo place, that's because I meant to try and make it similar to Smash 4's where all of the DLC characters where listed last on the character select screen.

Veterans
  • No Cuts! I wanted all characters to be back in the game, no matter how redundant some may be. I feel like the clone characters mean a lot to the series overall. They can still be "Luigi-fied" as wel.
Now the thing I might get flack for... the Newcomers. There's a lot, so I'll explain my choices. Again, this isn't meant to be realistic, this is a dream that will never come true.

1. Daisy- Daisy is a character many people wanted in Smash, and I think she would make a good addition. She could represent the sports games, rather than be just the "Peach clone" people love to call her.
  2. Captain Toad- I always wanted a type of Toad character. And Captain Toad could be amazing if done properly. He could play on the attributes Toads normally have, where they have low jumps, but quick movement speeds.
  3. Geno- A character that I love. I heard before that he was thought to be a character, but he wasn't chosen due to Square Enix keeping Geno under wraps. However, I hope Geno does appear one day.
  4. Paper Mario- Paper Mario is something many people don't want because they automatically see him as a Mario clone akin to Toon Link, however, Paper Mario is very loved and has a lot potential to be something fresh.
  5. Plum- A strange choice, I know. But I think they can interpret playing golf into a pretty fun moveset. Not many people would choose her though.
  7. Captain Syrup- A good Wario rep in my opinion if Wario ever gets another character.
  8. Dixie Kong and King K. Rool- If Sakurai ever wants to expand the Donkey Kong representation, these characters are the top contenders. They are insanely popular as newcomer picks.
  10. Lana- If they want to choose a character from Hyrule Warriors, they could pick Lana.
  11. Vaati- I wanted another villain for the Zelda series, and I though Vaati could represent the handheld Zelda titles.
  12. Magnus- A character many people wanted from Kid Icarus: Uprising. My personal favorite too.
  13. Hades- I wasn't sure whether to pick him or Medusa as the villain for the Kid Icarus series. They can be interchangeable here, but I thought Hades would be more fitting as the "big boss" of the series.
  15. Krystal- Very popular with many of the smash fans as picks for a new Starfox rep.
  16. Slippy- I belive that Sakurai can do something cool with Slippy and not make him another "space animal". He is the mechanic of the group, so he could probably use more gadgets in his moveset.
  17. Jody Summer- My most wanted pick for a F-Zero rep. I like her more than Black Shadow.
  18. Sceptile- My favorite starter from Gen 3, and I have been rooting for him since he became a popular pick in smash speculation.
  19. Genesect- I remember before Smash 4 came, or before even was announced, that Genesect was one of the most wanted Pokemon for a smash game. We also don't have a Gen 5 rep, so he could take that spot.
  20. Decidueye- I believe that Decidueye can bring new things to the table. I also like the possibility of him having a trap based moveset.
  21. Micaiah- A wanted Fire Emblem character. I believe that Fire Emblem should get more reps, and not forgotten or seen as "unnecessary.
  22. Anna - Another character I wanted from FE. Her potential with a thief based moveset could be interesting.
  23. Ninten and Kumatora- Yeah, yeah, I know, Ninten is basically Ness, however, I wanted to at least have the 3 protagonists from the Mother trilogy. Kumatora could also be the Mother 3 rep, due to the popularity Mother 3 has right now, and the chance of there being a re-release of Mother 3 in the future.
  24. Ray Mk III/Custom Robo Rep- I always loved Custom Robo, and I believe it can have a place in Smash bros. He does have a variety of weapons, and they can be used for a projectile based fighting style.
  26. DeMille- A character I have always loved and wanted in Super Smash Bros. He always caught my attention, and he was one of my top 5 Nintendo characters.
  28. Captain Rainbow- I wasn't sure about how people will feel about him, but I wouldn't mind if he was in a future installment.
  30. Aeron- I am a huge fan of Pandora's Tower. Also, we'll be one step closer to complete the Rainfall Trinity.
  33. Inkling- Pretty much a given if a new smash port or installment comes fr the Switch.
  34. Balloon Fighter- Picked because Balloon Fight is one of the more popular NES titles, and if they would pick another retro character, it could be him/her. (What gender they are confirmed to be anyway?)
  38. Donbe & Hikari- This would be a HUGE out of place pick, but I still would love to see them in a Smash title, or at least one of them.
  39. Excitebike Racer/Dude- Excitebike is one of my favorite NES games, and a character based solely on riding a motocycle would be amazing.
  41. Prince Sable
  42. Sukapon
  43. Lip

Third Parties are something I thought can be expanded and shouldn't be just limited to just one character per series. But this is my opinion, you are free to disagree.

1. Tails and Knuckles- I felt that Sonic could have more reps, and these two feel perfect.
  3. Jin Kazama- Sakurai did state that Heihachi was at least in thought when making Smash 4. However, I thought Jin would be a more suitable rep for that.
  4. Lloyd
  5. Klonoa
  6. Bass and Zero- Two Megaman reps I wanted to see if Megaman could ever get another one
  7. Phoenix Wright- A capcom rep I wanted to see as well. They could possibly use that evidence mechanic from MvC3.
  9. Sora
  10. Neku
  11. Raiden- Wasn't sure about him. If Metal Gear got another rep, it could possibly be Raiden.
  12. Bomberman
  13. Banjo and Kazooie
  14. Shantae
  15. Crash Bandicoot
  16. Lilac
  18. Rayman
  21. Sir Arthur- I always seen him as a Smash character more than a MvC character. I've always wanted to see him ever since Megaman was announced.
  22. Travis Touchdown- Also one of the top third party characters people want in smash.

So yeah, this is my roster. It's a dream that will never happen, but it's good to get my ideas down. I, in no way, think this roster is realistic for a Smash 5, however, this is something I would love to see. So many choices and characters to choose. Please tell me your thoughts about it.

Oh my! Are you a fellow Micaiah fan like me?... Anyway, I always value when people show positive ideas about Micaiah <3

The roster is like you said, too ideal, but hey, I like it, I would like most of these characters to appear in Smash Bros :D (I don't have a particular conection with Lilac... So, I'm neutral with her)

Last edited:

TheHumanSonikku

Smash Cadet
Oh my! Are you a fellow Micaiah fan like me?... Anyway, I always value when people show positive ideas about Micaiah <3

The roster is like you said, too ideal, but hey, I like it, I would like most of these characters to appear in Smash Bros :D (I don't have a particular conection with Lilac... So, I'm neutral with her)
Thanks. I though she'd be a likable candidate before Robin was announced.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Just a random question since I see some people include Balloon fighter in their list
would Alice from Balloon kid be an alt costume for Balloon fighter or would you prefer her to be a clone of balloon fighter?
Yes, it might be because he would be a perfect fit for a new retro. Also with the passing of Iwata, Balloon Fighter is seen as a legacy for him, so his inclusion would be much appreciated. Also, he was considered for Melee, together with Ice Climbers and Excitebike driver, but it's stated that Sakurai could not imagine how to deal with the balloons at the time, but now he has been doing lot more developing of the franchise, so the time would be right for him to be included.

I would not mind Alice as an alternative costume, but I do not think she should become her own clone character.

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
User was warned for this post
LADIES AND GENTLELINKS. I PRESENT T YOU, A TOTALLY DEFINITELY PLAUABLE ROSTER FOR SUPER SMASH LINKS 5!

THE ORIGINALS:

LINK

YOUNG LINK

TOON LINK

WILD LINK

WOLF LINK

CARTOON LINK

CDI LINK

A LINK TO A PICTURE OF LINK

ABRAHAM LINKCOLN

DETECTIVE LINK GUMSHOE

KIRBY AFTER COPYING LINK

GANONLINK

NEWCOMERS:

DARK LINK

NO NOT THAT DARK DARK LINK

NES LINK

SNES LINK

N64 LINK

ATARI 2600 LINK

THE 16TH SMASHER, LURKING SOMEWHERE IN HYRULE TEMPLE. THE ONE THEY CALL ULTIMATE LINKSPAIR MUKURO LINKUSABA. WATCH OUT FOR HIM.

LINKACHU

LINKIUGI

GAY LINKUIGI

MAMA LINKUIGI

REALLINKUIGISWEARPINK

SUPER SAYAIN LINK

SUPER SAYAIN 2 LINK

SUPER SAYAIN 3 LINK

SUPER SAYAIN GOD SUPER SAYAIN LINK

(ok.. think i got my point across..)

Luminario

Smash Lord
LADIES AND GENTLELINKS. I PRESENT T YOU, A TOTALLY DEFINITELY PLAUABLE ROSTER FOR SUPER SMASH LINKS 5!

THE ORIGINALS:

LINK

YOUNG LINK

TOON LINK

WILD LINK

WOLF LINK

CARTOON LINK

CDI LINK

A LINK TO A PICTURE OF LINK

ABRAHAM LINKCOLN

DETECTIVE LINK GUMSHOE

KIRBY AFTER COPYING LINK

GANONLINK

NEWCOMERS:

DARK LINK

NO NOT THAT DARK DARK LINK

NES LINK

SNES LINK

N64 LINK

ATARI 2600 LINK

THE 16TH SMASHER, LURKING SOMEWHERE IN HYRULE TEMPLE. THE ONE THEY CALL ULTIMATE LINKSPAIR MUKURO LINKUSABA. WATCH OUT FOR HIM.

LINKACHU

LINKIUGI

GAY LINKUIGI

MAMA LINKUIGI

REALLINKUIGISWEARPINK

SUPER SAYAIN LINK

SUPER SAYAIN 2 LINK

SUPER SAYAIN 3 LINK

SUPER SAYAIN GOD SUPER SAYAIN LINK

(ok.. think i got my point across..)
What, no Linkle? You're gonna need to add more.

Oddball

Smash Lord
You totally forgot both the Game Watch Link and the Game And Watch Link.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah man, if you're gonna make a troll post you gotta go all the way or we lose respect for ya.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

The Roster

Yes, I understand it's huge, and there may be choices that people are going to get on my case about, but I'll try to explain my choices the best way I can. If the bottom row looks strange and out of place, that's because I meant to try and make it similar to Smash 4's where all of the DLC characters where listed last on the character select screen.

Veterans
  • No Cuts! I wanted all characters to be back in the game, no matter how redundant some may be. I feel like the clone characters mean a lot to the series overall. They can still be "Luigi-fied" as well.

16. Slippy- I believe that Sakurai can do something cool with Slippy and not make him another "space animal". He is the mechanic of the group, so he could probably use more gadgets in his moveset.
  39. Excitebike Racer/Dude- Excitebike is one of my favorite NES games, and a character based solely on riding a motorcycle would be amazing.
  41. Prince Sable
  42. Sukapon
  43. Lip

4. Lloyd
  5. Klonoa
  9. Sora
  10. Neku
  12. Bomberman
  13. Banjo and Kazooie
  14. Shantae
  15. Crash Bandicoot
  16. Lilac
  18. Rayman

I don't have much to say about the actual roster, but as a fellow custom roster creator, I'd just like to say that you killed it in finding 3d art for all these characters. I know what a hassle that can be. Though I'd suggest JoeAdok's Balloon Fighter over the one you're using.

TheHumanSonikku

Smash Cadet
I don't have much to say about the actual roster, but as a fellow custom roster creator, I'd just like to say that you killed it in finding 3d art for all these characters. I know what a hassle that can be. Though I'd suggest JoeAdok's Balloon Fighter over the one you're using.
Well, thanks. Some had to be edited though.

I'm surpised people are finding this roster to be good. The last time I did this, I got a lot of flack for adding "unneeded filler".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom