• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E3 2021 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Conspiracy time! Each dlc fighter on the smash website has a color, and each one is similar to another dlc fighter.

PP/PM are both teal/aquamarine type color
Terry/Steve are both bright blue
Bk/MinMin are both yellow
Joker/Kazuya are both red
Byleth/Sephiroth are both very light green (though sephiroth is more of a grey with a very, very slight green tint)
Hero (who is purple) is the only one without a double, and i think we all know who is a purple, first party character that can be the byleth of FP2

That's right, it's Waluigi time!
The good ending

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Conspiracy time! Each dlc fighter on the smash website has a color, and each one is similar to another dlc fighter.

Byleth/Sephiroth are both very light green (though sephiroth is more of a grey with a very, very slight green tint)
Hero (who is purple) is the only one without a double, and i think we all know who is a purple, first party character that can be the byleth of FP2

Comparing Waluigi to Byleth borders on blasphemy.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Why is a female protagonist a scary concept?
Its not the fact of a protagonist being female afterall i played Celeste and watch a bunch of newer Shows with Female main Characters!
Its just Zelda should never Replace my Boi Link for good this is something i maybe couldnt handle as you may grasp from my name!

Twilord

Smash Ace
I never would have predicted this after Heihachi's Mii-Costume.

That was what sent me from:

"Digimon actually has a chance"

"Chance of Digimon is eerily good, because Tekken is out and that makes Tales Of too obvious"

Now I see the critical flaw in my thinking and weirdly if anything I feel validated.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Unless Bandai Namco announces a Tekken port to Switch later today.

Get ready for "Joker/Sephiroth is a promo pick" round 2.
Bamco only have House of Ashes today so we're spared the idiots doing that for now

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Its not the fact of a protagonist being female afterall i played Celeste and watch a bunch of newer Shows with Female main Characters!
Its just Zelda should never Replace my Boi Link for good this is something i maybe couldnt handle as you may grasp from my name!
Do - do you really think they'd just stop using Link even if they did want Zelda to be playable now and then?

D

Deleted member

I was looking at twitter earlier and saw some stuff around the Japanese feed of this Direct that didn't air on the Western version. The games in question are the following:

-Super Robot Wars 30
-Ender Lilies
-Caligula 2
-Legend of Mana
-Samurai Warriors 5
-Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 4th Heart
-PowerPro-kun Pocket R
-Cave Shmup
-Hades
-Sky
-a Baseball game
-Shin-chan
-NEO TWEWY (paging Rie)
-Great Ace Attorney Chronicles

A great amount of these games are centric towards Japan, but Hades is interesting to see since it looks like it's officially releasing in Japanese. It sure makes me think.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Glad I wasn't paying attention when all those Master Chief leaks were popping off.

Though there is still the data. Probably referring to MCC.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
...I really don't see how that could even be true. Please explain.
Nintendo would basically be overworking Sakurai to death, and I am pretty sure with how DLC was handled, fans would be tired of speculating. So perhaps a third pass is not really a good idea.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Thoughts of mine on the other parts of the Direct:
Yay new Warioware!
The new Advance Wars is going to have quite a few people here very happy, good to see it!
Slightly bummed at no New Horizons update, not too surprised to not get more Pokemon news. Both series will probably get their own videos sometime within the summer, though.
Seeing little of BotW2, and them shooting for a 2022 release instead of this year, makes sense and is the best option. Covid no doubt slowed development way down on what will likely be a huge game. Even if it gets delayed further, I think it'll end up having been worth the wait.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Do - do you really think they'd just stop using Link even if they did want Zelda to be playable now and then?
Honestly logically no no matter what the USA may do Nintendo probably wouldnt do it!
But still ive seen some Sad decisions made during the last few years so i am still on edge!

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
Kazuya - similarly to Sephiroth, should not have been surprising in immediate hindsight. He just was because we're stupid.
He was surprising no matter what. We got a Heihachi Mii Costume at the start of FP2 with Min Min. Tekken was heavily speculated, especially by me, before all that even back during FP1 before Terry got in.

It's like saying seeing Vault Boy from Fallout or Geno becoming the last fighter shouldn't be surprising in hindsight.

I don't like reading we have no first person shooter reps.

:ultduckhunt:- a complete first person shooter game
Yeah, DH represents one of the best-selling first-person shooter games of all time. Also, let's not forget MGS has many FPS sections and Samus has the Prime series under her belt.

I don't think a shooter character getting in has to be strictly an FPS rep personally. I doubt we'll even get one right now. But I could see Sakurai wanting to create a more gunner-focused character again, maybe.

Crackpot theory! Considering we got two fighting game characters, then two RPG characters... could we see another open world / sandbox character? They don't have to be one-to-one versions of the genre either. Tekken is a very different fighting game from Arms and FF7 is a very different RPG from XC2. I'd shill GTA or Red Dead as the other open world / sandbox character but a Breath of the Wild 2 rep could still theoretically work too.

Jassassino

Smash Apprentice

I really respect this amount of effort for a ****post.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Nintendo would basically be overworking Sakurai to death, and I am pretty sure with how DLC was handled, fans would be tired of speculating. So perhaps a third pass is not really a good idea.
Probably, though the main reason I'm getting tired of waiting is because we're so close to closure for Ultimate. Maybe a 3rd Fighters Pass could change that for me?

Twilord

Smash Ace

Don't worry; I'm sure there are some Fire-Emblem characters who wear purple.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Alright, so after Kazuya kicked the whole thing about Mii Costumes deconfirming a series, I've concluded the optimal decision is to bet on one last breaking of the patterns and place my chips on Isaac. AT promote, all or nothing. If I win, I win. If I lose, I lose.
If Isaac makes it in, I want these tracks to come with him.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I never would have predicted this after Heihachi's Mii-Costume.

That was what sent me from:

"Digimon actually has a chance"

"Chance of Digimon is eerily good, because Tekken is out and that makes Tales Of too obvious"

Now I see the critical flaw in my thinking and weirdly if anything I feel validated.
I did and still do want Agumon.
Since we have outright been told that certain eras, and certain systems, and certain types of gaming, get reps--
I really would love a rep for the 90s craze of portable digital pets.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I'd say we're lacking in modern FPS representation, though. Doom and Halo are worlds apart from Duck Hunt. I'm not much a fan of either series, nor much a fan of Doomguy or Master Chief, but dang do I wish both were in simply because the genre is so under-explored in Smash.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Probably, though the main reason I'm getting tired of waiting is because we're so close to closure for Ultimate. Maybe a 3rd Fighters Pass could change that for me?
Another thing, I can imagine people getting not exactly mad, but not too happy with a third pass at this point, since we are, as you said, getting close to the end of Ultimate, presumably.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I was looking at twitter earlier and saw some stuff around the Japanese feed of this Direct that didn't air on the Western version. The games in question are the following:

-Super Robot Wars 30
-Ender Lilies
-Caligula 2
-Legend of Mana
-Samurai Warriors 5
-Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 4th Heart
-PowerPro-kun Pocket R
-Cave Shmup
-Hades
-Sky
-a Baseball game
-Shin-chan
-NEO TWEWY (paging Rie)
-Great Ace Attorney Chronicles

A great amount of these games are centric towards Japan, but Hades is interesting to see since it looks like it's officially releasing in Japanese. It sure makes me think.
I thought Super Robot Wars 30th anniversary was supposed to be revealed next month?

That was i was told by the very few Robot wars fans that exist outside of asia.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So do you think at Bandai-Namco's E3 show will mention Smash?

Of course it'll have 0% new information but a simple "Oh yeah, Kazuya is in Smash! Moving on..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom