• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E3 2021 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
That was ****ing awesome. Tekken is based, Kazuya is based, we got some actual news on BotW 2, a new WarioWare game, just - holy ****. I am absolutely flabbergasted. I wasn't thinking about Kazuya but - damn. With Heihachi having been out of the cards, he's a perfect pick. Definitely a solid 9/10. Never tell me to lower my (already low) expectations again.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE. Smash Bros reveal made me think of Tekken the Motion Picture hahahahaha I kinda love it low-key even if I did NOT expect it
Cliff.png

Wario is great, as always, and METROID DREAD coming straight out of nowhere back from the dead is BEAUTIFUL!

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think the next reveal just wasn't ready.
Its possible, but the team was ahead of a schedule( we saw no COVID delays in the pass's releases), so I'm sure that last fighter has a good amount of work done by now.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
You know, we need to wait over a month until Kazuya and need to keep speculating for a dew more months. But, Kazuya looks sick, and there’s finally a new Metroid!

This truly is the greatest timeline.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I thought the presentation was all right - it really felt front-loaded to me, between Kazuya from Tekken in Smash and Metroid Dread being a real thing. Advance Wars 1+2 remake is great to see. Shame that we didn't get a title for Breath of the Wild 2, or any footage whatsoever for Bayonetta 3.

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
Tekken seams to be a japan choice, Does it?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
New Metroid looks sweet, new Warioware is always appreciated, BOTW2 looks beautiful, and Kazuya looks dope. So I’m happy.

Shouldn't have trusted those DK leaks though…

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well...

Looks like speculation will still continue for much longer. Also seems this has broken the pattern for more then one fighter at E3's.

Overall my thoughts on the new fighter. Definitely wasn't expecting but at the same time pretty content and a cool addition.

It's also another villain so that's a plus. I wonder if the reason for going with Kazuya was like Min Min where the creator wanted him?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Ryu, Ken, Chrom, Lucina and now Kazuya

Project X Zone 2 is officially canon to Smash now. Wasn’t KOS-MOS, but I’ll take it b

Now imma make a screenshot of Ryu, Ken, Chrom, Lucina and Kazuya getting caught in Shulk’s Final Smash cause that’s where Fiora appears
This is a cultured response.

They pretty much did what i expected for Tekken, put in a cooler member of the mishima family.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
So only 1 reveal? Alright, the next couple of months is gonna be a ****show.

I guess CP11 is Master Chief because Vergeben said so. Maybe what he said wasn't specific to the direct.
Nah, you gotta accept reality my dude. Verg is just wrong. Just like he was wrong about a new DK being shown off.

Reactions: Z25

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Wow. ANOTHER non-mascot character.
At this rate, Crash won't get in because it'll be Coco. 🤣

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Ok. so now we can say the champions thing and Halo leaks are dead. No one said Tekken beforehand.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Nice! Not a big fan of the fighting game characters, but good trailer and was funny seeing the Smash characters getting tossed. Metroid Dread looks cool (I wasn't aware of this already being a thing), Mario+Rabbids looks fun, Wario Ware with splitscreen sounds interesting. Overall this was a pretty cool direct.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Nah, you gotta accept reality my dude. Verg is just wrong. Just like he was wrong about a new DK being shown off.
If he is wrong, I wouldn't be upset about it because it means Waluigi still has a chance.

In my mind, the reason they didn't do a double reveal is because Waluigi requires so much work that it would be impossible.

Last edited:

FJA147

Smash Cadet
Just know that Kayuza and whoever CP11 are going to be hated because they weren’t the character people wanted. Bandai Namco did deserve rep due tow eking on the game and only having Pac-Man. For me it makes sense but overall most of the direct was underwhelming because half of the stuff presented was stuff that had already been revealed in the other presentations.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Well...

Looks like speculation will still continue for much longer. Also seems this has broken the pattern for more then one fighter at E3's.

Overall my thoughts on the new fighter. Definitely wasn't expecting but at the same time pretty content and a cool addition.

It's also another villain so that's a plus. I wonder if the reason for going with Kazuya was like Min Min where the creator wanted him?
Probably not, This is Harada we're talking about and he has express his interest on character like Lili and Ganryu more than Kazuya.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
No Bayonetta 3 yet again, makes me more and more worried about what's up with the game lol.

But besides that, a great Direct! Was kinda expecting a new DK in there somewhere because of the murmurs of one coming, but maybe next time then.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wait don’t they have a closed doors conference as well? What if they reveal Chief or someone else in said conference a la :ultpacman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom