• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2014 - Super Smash Bros. Invitational - Players/Rules Announced

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I think Nintendo just won E3.

While I probably won't end up making it to a Best Buy because the lines would be agonizing, I'm pumped to see all the footage streaming in to get a taste for the games!

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I just hope they invite players who can behave professionally as well so we don't embarrass the scene. Like Hungrybox.
M2K and Mango can behave...erratically...

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Jesus on a bun this is awesome! There is a best buy like twenty minutes away from me, so heres hoping the line isnt super long. Also release date for 3DS pretty soon after E3?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I just hope they invite players who can behave professionally as well so we don't embarrass the scene. Like Hungrybox.
M2K and Mango can behave...erratically...
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but supposedly M2K had some hands on time with Smash 4 at E3 last year, so who knows?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If best buy know how popular ssb4 is im sure positive that they are going to pack it with so many ssb4 demos it will be unbelieveable

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Great. Now I have to convince my parents I must leave the state early June to go to a Best Buy in Illinois, because of course Wisconsin has no Best Buys involved in it.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Sounds a bit paranoid, and besides I don't think we could find new advanced techniques in the duration of a tournament that professional play testers can't find in months. I'm more worried about this being a press invitational. Maybe this is the thing Triforce was talking about with m2k/Armada and Nintendo? Eh...
We found them for Brawl at the E3 demo. Look what happened there. Got taken out. Completely.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Super hyped. I'm waiting for the pairs of people who will record each other play do nothing but attempt ATs from past games and confirm hitstun and combos, lol.

There's a best buy where I live so I'm happy!

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Great. Now I have to convince my parents I must leave the state early June to go to a Best Buy in Illinois, because of course Wisconsin has no Best Buys involved in it.
Is there a list of paricipating Best Buys already?

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
I'm positive Nintendo will release a worldwide e-shop demo since they acknowledged people wouldn't be able to make it to E3, along with their comment about fans at home getting in the fun! :bee: (THEY'D BETTER!:urg:)

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
No, I'm going off of last year, when they had none in Wisconsin, and the closest was in Schaumburg, Illinois.
Ah. Well that shame. Hopefully they have more venues this time. And more set-ups at that.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
BTW, could we sticky this? That might keep the constant New Topics about it kept to a minimum. They're likely to see it.

And this is cool regardless. Just wish I could play the demo in my hometown. :c

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm positive Nintendo will release a worldwide e-shop demo since they acknowledged people wouldn't be able to make it to E3, along with their comment about fans at home getting in the fun! :bee: (THEY'D BETTER!:urg:)
I wouldn't count on it. We didn't get any eShop demos for the games that were available at Best Buy last E3, so I doubt that is going to change now.

World

Smash Cadet
Not informed on the details, but I wonder what Nintendo means by professional players anyway. Maybe Mew2King, or maybe the lead developers of Smash, haha.
Well they did use 'highly skilled' in the description.
I think the top melee/brawl players from their respective tournaments would be a decent guess.

Then again they also stated that the tournament would be a celebration for 'all things smash' rather than an event to just crown a winner for new fans along with veterans.

Perhaps they'll have players like Mango and M2K but the mode will be consisted of using items and other random aspects instead of the usual tournament settings.

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
We regularly drive from Spokane to Seattle tournaments. Try five hour Eastern Washington summer drives, noob.
Good point, I'm just not one for long drives sitting in the Wheelchair in the car.

BTW, I think I saw you on the Black Wolf stream this weekend... I may be mistaken.

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
Oh man, this is such a wonderful surprise! I think I'm more excited for the tournament than the actual announcements now.

Fils-A-Mech tho.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
This will be amazing.

Even though I live in Europe and I'll probably won't be able to play the game in June, I'm really hyped for this. Others' impressions and experiences will make for some amazing reads. Not even to mention the footage of the tournaments.

This gon b gud.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
We found them for Brawl at the E3 demo. Look what happened there. Got taken out. Completely.
Sakurai was actively making Brawl less complex and has said he wants to make it closer to melee. They have Namcos Tekken team doing balancing AND doing an actual official tournament. Don't get paranoid. That said, I'd imagine they're going to take the chance for some balancing data.
BTW, could we sticky this? That might keep the constant New Topics about it kept to a minimum. They're likely to see it.:c
On the other hand, they'll look for a new topic, not looking at the top of the stickies.

Fils-A-Mech tho.
Oh jeez, just realised:Reggie confirmed for Smash

Last edited by a moderator:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Sakurai was actively making Brawl less complex and has said he wants to make it closer to melee. They have Namcos Tekken team doing balancing AND doing an actual official tournament. Don't get paranoid. That said, I'd imagine they're going to take the chance for some balancing data.
Not saying it will happen.

Just that it happened before and could thus happen again.

And it was more at the comment of how we probably wouldn't find ATs there, when we did find them for Brawl at it's E3 demo anyway.

Last edited:

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Good point, I'm just not one for long drives sitting in the Wheelchair in the car.

BTW, I think I saw you on the Black Wolf stream this weekend... I may be mistaken.
You did! I was the Diddy. Thanks for watching! 'twas my first Black Wolf tourney.

Last edited:

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
Do you think they'll keep all items on to show off the new stuff for the tournament or would it be a normal tourney rules kind of thing :O

Top Bottom