• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Fishbowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fishbowl22
Lot of bad vibes coming from this debate of expecting characters...
Let's all agree that it's madness and surrender ourselves to the chaos of inevitability :151:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
64 Users. 54 Guests. The hype is real.

If ZeRo disappoints, an angry mob will congregate on his house with bricks and torches post haste.

Morbi

Scavenger
Honestly never wanted to play Mii Fighter online anyways. So I wouldn't say we exactly lost because we can't. So that's whatever to me.
It is a loss to everyone that intended on maining the character; it is a loss to everyone that did not want 3 characters that essentially do the same thing. Other than that, I am glad that it was not a detrimental decision from your perspective. I wish I could just ignore that horrible decision and pretend like it was a good one.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It is a loss to everyone that intended on maining the character; it is a loss to everyone that did not want 3 characters that essentially do the same thing. Other than that, I am glad that it was not a detrimental decision from your perspective. I wish I could just ignore that horrible decision and pretend like it was a good one.
And I wouldn't place too much blame on Mii Fighter because ''ZOMG I DIDN'T GET MY OTHER NEWCOMER EITHER!"

That's just not sound reasoning at all. Cause and effect doesn't exactly work like that.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
There were some inherent problems with Mii Fighters though, I was also certain that they would not be playable for the same reason I was 100% certain that Pokemon Trainer would not be playable. Technical reasons. I was not sure how they would monitor Mii Fighters either. So turns out they just ban them and make them unusable online despite taking 3X the development time. There was logic to support our perspective just as there was logic to support your perspective. There was no arrogant blindness involved. In fact, I still think we won (the battle of wits). Sakurai was incompetent to develop 3 separate characters without having a method to moderate them.
Well to be fair the restriction on the Mii Fighters is only on the With Anyone mode. It's not really about incompetence more so that the Censoring Miis is a bit more complicated without basically putting very restrictive on what Miis are allowed to have on them. You can't exactly make a system easily and cheapy to check the images to make sure people aren't plastering genitalia all over them so your basically left with the option like Mario Kart of just letting it go and accept that there are going to be idiots that are going to do awful things with the Mii, or restrict them to non-public modes. Whether you believe that an acceptable way to approach an issue or not is entirely subjective, but I don't believe the characters are a waste simply because they won't be allow in one mode of the game.

Morbi

Scavenger
And I wouldn't place too much blame on Mii Fighter because ''ZOMG I DIDN'T GET MY OTHER NEWCOMER EITHER!"

That's just not sound reasoning at all. Cause and effect doesn't exactly work like that.
Correlation does not imply correlation. I understand; however, objectively speaking, that is an inadvertent result of the choice. Choices have consequences even if they do not apply to you. Again, I wish I could adhere to confirmation bias and pretend it did not exist just as you have. Alas, I cannot.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Haha Zero is trolling with his announcement now? Nice. Don't expect much, folks.

Lanog20

Smash Apprentice
Maybe he's trolling the internet back because everyone booed and abused him.
Not a good idea on his part because if he is trolling, the people that supported him are going to be booing and abusing him and burning his scarves.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Ah dangit, I cant help but rewatch every Smash Bros trailer from this E3. Everyone gets me hyped up!

The Mii Fighters trailer had some of the best Iwata and Reggie moments, and revealed my most wanted newcomer
The Palutena trailer made me want a Smash Bros anime and some more awesome KI:U style dialogue.
The Pacman trailer was a beautiful historical rivalry being brought together by the power of one game.

HYPE I MUST AND HYPE I WILL

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I am a supporter of Zero and wished him luck and I wanted either Hbox or him to win it all, it was awesome to see the two people I was rooting for paired against each other.

Anyway I really hope Zero wouldn't do this.....Would he? He seems like a funny go-lucky goofball, so I would be honestly surprised if he fooled us all.

Morbi

Scavenger
Well to be fair the restriction on the Mii Fighters is only on the With Anyone mode. It's not really about incompetence more so that the Censoring Miis is a bit more complicated without basically putting very restrictive on what Miis are allowed to have on them. You can't exactly make a system easily and cheapy to check the images to make sure people aren't plastering genitalia all over them so your basically left with the option like Mario Kart of just letting it go and accept that there are going to be idiots that are going to do awful things with the Mii, or restrict them to non-public modes. Whether you believe that an acceptable way to approach an issue or not is entirely subjective, but I don't believe the characters are a waste simply because they won't be allow in one mode of the game.
Of course; I did not insinuate anything antithetical to this notion. I was merely asserting that it was not the most ideal choice. It was not even really an ideal choice at all. Just a choice.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Yeah perhaps. Though I am out of the loop on that. Is there a good reason he was disrespected like that, or are people just really mean?
He was camping at the invitational. Pretty standard tactic, but he was still booed. A few mean pics have appeared on the net of him. Others are calling him Scarflard.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Top Bottom