• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Fishbowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fishbowl22
If they were going to include a Metal Gear rep in this smash bros., I don't think Big Boss is too far fetched because of the MGSV trailer... Whether or not you prefer Snake, I could see Sakurai making such a decision.

Morbi

Scavenger
If I had to guess the tournament participants were allowed to play as a unrevealed character and he's allowed to post pictures when the site updates.

That would explain why he's stalling so much.

EDIT:
and it looks like I'm not the only person who has come up with that conclusion. :p
Ah, I suppose that is interesting enough. It is hard for me to care though, I do not really want to get my hopes up.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Might be jumping the gun here but it appears the AMA may be over, he did make it so that points/upvotes were not publicly displayed earlier for a question competition, now they are. He'll probably announce the winner(s) of the AMA soon before going on to this announcement he has.

Edit: And gun has been jumped after almost 40 minutes of silence in the AMA. Upvotes have been, once again, disabled for public display.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Yeah I don't think it's gonna happen while I'm awake. I'll get him back for this once I see him again.

The good news is that this wait has given me time to work on a design for an official "The Light Music Club" Palutena shirt.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If they were going to include a Metal Gear rep in this smash bros., I don't think Big Boss is too far fetched because of the MGSV trailer... Whether or not you prefer Snake, I could see Sakurai making such a decision.
No, I do not think he would do that. Big Boss would indirectly promote the other consoles, plus, Solid Snake is the character that was in Smash Bros, he's the one everyone likes.
It would be like if Ness was replaced by Lucas but Mother 3 was on Xbox and Playstation.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Metal Gear isn't coming back to Smash Brothers. I feel 100 percent confident in saying this. If Snake was in. We'd know already.

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
If we're going for current characters, certainly. I wouldn't mind as long as it were Big Boss with a Snake alt costume to be honest. But, Solid Snake has a deeper history with Nintendo than Big Boss, with the exception of MGS3 3DS. I think if we get a Snake at all, it'll be Solid over Naked.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Plus Snake would stick out so bad amongst Sonic, Pac Man, and Mega Man IMO. Snake is a great character but he just doesn't fit amongst Nintendo's all-stars like they do.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Seeing how iconic the 3rd parties are this time around, Snake will seem even more out of place..
Edit: :4greninja:'d. Kinda

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I was 100% certain a character wouldn't be in Smash once.

It was Miis.
Mii's belong to Nintendo. They're playable in just about every multi-player Nintendo game. I'm sorry, but that was just your arrogant blindness & hatred of the concept letting you not see that it was inevitable that one day they'd end up in Smash Brothers as well.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Well when I thought about it earlier today, I realized having Mii's are good. Just because I can allow Space Dandy to join the battle. I had him planned for when I get Tomodachi life, but this might be better.

Seriously though, where is this news?

Last edited:

Fishbowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fishbowl22
Hmm, interesting points.
Is Metal Gear going to be represented this time around? Probably not. If I seemed confident, it was a joke.
But Big Boss is pretty much Snake, players would be able to make the connection. Is it promoting other consoles? Sort of, but he has been in past games, (not to mention Snake has been all over Playstation and Xbox since Brawl)
Potato potato, different ways of looking at it. All equally true, but hindsight bias always seems to make one thing obvious and another impossible (such as Wii Fit Trainer, I honestly believe she was not an obvious choice. I don't think anyone would have "figured that out" before hand.)

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Hmm... interesting. I'm not really sure what to make of this. We'll see how it plays out but I'm not going to start expecting something drastic.

PirateHaxx

Smash Cadet
Ye if ZeRo doesnt reveal something top notch, imma be upset and cry as i go to bed. ZeRo, dont fail me!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Mii's belong to Nintendo. They're playable in just about every multi-player Nintendo game. I'm sorry, but that was just your arrogant blindness & hatred of the concept letting you not see that it was inevitable that one day they'd end up in Smash Brothers as well.
Um...okay. That's not extremely presumptuous or condescending or anything.

The point is, crow meat tastes funny, I'd recommend not ordering it.

Morbi

Scavenger
There were some inherent problems with Mii Fighters though, I was also certain that they would not be playable for the same reason I was 100% certain that Pokemon Trainer would not be playable. Technical reasons. I was not sure how they would monitor Mii Fighters either. So turns out they just ban them and make them unusable online despite taking 3X the development time. There was logic to support our perspective just as there was logic to support your perspective. There was no arrogant blindness involved. In fact, I still think we won (the battle of wits). Sakurai was incompetent to develop 3 separate characters without having a method to moderate them.

Stalking Fury

Smash Apprentice
Fan: "Awesome, thanks! Anything on that announcement, though?"

ZeRo: "VERY SOON!"

Two minutes ago.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Honestly never wanted to play Mii Fighter online anyways. So I wouldn't say we exactly lost because we can't. So that's whatever to me.

Last edited:

Stalking Fury

Smash Apprentice
Fan: "You keep mentioning the "hype announcement" will be revealed in a bit. How long is "a bit"?"

ZeRo: "Very, very soon actually."

Two minutes ago.

Lanog20

Smash Apprentice
My bad I must have forgotten about how "in a bit" actually means TWO HOURS WITH STILL ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Fan: "You keep mentioning the "hype announcement" will be revealed in a bit. How long is "a bit"?"

ZeRo: "Very, very soon actually."

Two minutes ago.
That fan was me! :D

Top Bottom