• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
Wow, this thread still exists? Not to crush anyone's dreams or anything, but ZeRo probably doesn't know anything about the game that we don't. (Other than how it feels to play it competitively)

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Wow, this thread still exists? Not to crush anyone's dreams or anything, but ZeRo probably doesn't know anything about the game that we don't. (Other than how it feels to play it competitively)
Haha yeah, you're probably right, we just wanna know what this so called "extremely hype" announcement is. To my knowledge he hasn't said it yet.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Question:
What announcement were you referring to that you said would be "extremely hype"?
Also, what were some fun backstage stories of the invitational?

ZeRo's response:
IN A BIT! :).

Sakurai actually took a pic of all the invitational attendees getting hype! And tweeted it! That surprised me, since I just found out about it. Awesome!

:4greninja:'d

Last edited:

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
So he announces it soon, or perhaps he's teasing a midnight announcement. Odd.

In any case, I don't think it has to do with Smash 4 anymore, I'm thinking perhaps something to do with Project M. Check this link out

http://ask.fm/askprog/answer/114757105517

Saw this on Reddit as well, it's a bit old so maybe you all already know about it? Ah well, we shall see.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
He says "in a bit" suspense guys suspense.
It's likely got nothing to do with Smash 4.

but maybe one of Smashboard's crazy fan theories was right and Sakurai let the winner of the tournament pick a character to reveal.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
Sakurai came out and kicked dirt in our faces, then told us that Ridley is too big, Goku is confirmed, and then laughed as he smashed the ice cream cones we were holding in to our faces.
I really want to see a fan-made trailer that looks like it's going to confirm Ridley, and when it does the close-up with the quote (ex: Little Mac punches in!) it says "Ridley is too big!" And then it cuts to Sakurai giving us the middle finger saying Ridley won't be in the game.

Dark2020

Smash Apprentice
Some people have posted this in the Ridley thread.
Ah, if only.

I wonder if that Zero guy really did get insider information on an unrevealed character for winning the tournament. Doubt it, but it's worth asking, I guess.

----
I like this model, I really do.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
So I'm really curious now. At first I thought this was a joke, or that ZeRo was being a douche... but this is interesting...

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
He's also definitely not Greninja. NOBODY can pull off a tongue scarf like Greninja can.
I'd hope not. That'd be REALLY strange...

(Nice avatar btw.)

Also, thoughts on the suprise hype announcement? I see purple. Mewtwo or Ridley.

That is if it even regards SSB4.
But it DOES look a lot like one of those reveal screens a la "Little Mac punches in". So if it is we know it's a purple centered character.

This has been an unneeded CaptainLucario production analysis thing.

Fishbowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fishbowl22
What's this about M2K jumping on the invitational stage?

Whoa!
"Did any of the game developers ask you guys for any tips or suggestions for the game?"
"Not to me at least, but I did introduce myself to a lot of game developers, higher ups and the like and talked to them about the competitive Smash Bros community. And let me tell you... things are looking AWESOME!"

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I'd hope not. That'd be REALLY strange...

(Nice avatar btw.)

Also, thoughts on the suprise hype announcement? I see purple. Mewtwo or Ridley.

That is if it even regards SSB4.
But it DOES look a lot like one of those reveal screens a la "Little Mac punches in". So if it is we know it's a purple centered character.

This has been an unneeded CaptainLucario production analysis thing.
Why else was Mewtwo King on stage? Mewtwo confirmed. Hahaha.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Come to think about it if I look in the right corner I swear I see Mewtwo's face.

EDIT: YES I realize Sakurai probably would've noticed if Mewtwo could easily be seen

Also that it's a guys face illuminated.
Well this photo was a picture of them right before they went on, and it's of them around the livestream. I don't think that's a character.

Simensis

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'm officially desperate for news now, so I'll be following this a bit more.
The last bit of hope for all of us...

juddy96

Smash Lord
I highly doubt they are letting him reveal it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they told him something and let him tease us for a reveal in an upcoming (maybe tonight's?) POTD. That's plausible.

Last edited:

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339
I have a feeling it's a bit too:083: to hope for an eShop demo for Smash...

Top Bottom