• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Not nearly as iconic. Skyward Sword Zelda is drastically different from all the others.
Actually, SS Zelda's design is one of the most iconic ones, everyone loves it as she looks really soft and gentle. It's a contrast to the more authoritative TP design.

Khoru

Smash Champion
they also likely went with her TP design so the TLoZ characters (barring toon link) could have consistent designs, as the last game in which they all appeared (or had concept art) was TP.

SunnyDust

Smash Journeyman
[COLLAPSE=Sakurai on eShop]
[/COLLAPSE]

A demo on the eShop would indeed be pretty cool.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
There's at least 8 characters, so I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up. I can't think of 8 Zelda characters who could be playable to be honest.
I think the first column is 4 and the 2nd column is 5. So 9 characters:

• Link
  • Zelda
  • Impa
  • Midna
  • Groose
  • Ganondorf
  • Valga
  • Wizzro
  • Cia

Last edited:

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
There's at least 8 characters, so I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up. I can't think of 8 Zelda characters who could be playable to be honest.
Three of the character slots are likely taken up by Wizzro, Sia, and the third villain. There may even be a slot for Ganondorf too, you just know he's going to show up. Koei typically starts off their crossover games with just the absolute essential characters being playable and then expands to side characters, new sub-series, etcetera as more iterations come out

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wow, every time I open this there's 5 more pages. I wonder if we'll hit 200 before the end.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
1. Link
2. Zelda
3. Impa
4. Ganondorf
5. Midna
6. Ghirahim
7. Nayru
8. Skull Kid
9. Vaati

I don't know if you're a Zelda fan, but for me, this is easy.

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
Wow, multiple movesets per character...I wasn't expecting this. This'll make 9 characters feel like 20-25 characters, good show Nintendo.

domokl

Smash Lord
Umm guys this is just a demo. There is going to be a LOT more than 9. Zelda has so many workable characters

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Umm guys this is just a demo. There is going to be a LOT more than 9. Zelda has so many workable characters
There is 9 slots, so I wouldn't expect more than that really.

All I need is Groose.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
1. Link
2. Zelda
3. Impa
4. Ganondorf
5. Midna
6. Ghirahim
7. Nayru
8. Skull Kid
9. Vaati

I don't know if you're a Zelda fan, but for me, this is easy.
We could have all these, plus more. A hint that we got is one of the guys said "half of the roster is female".

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Nintendo must be stalling for something. We just saw gameplay from S.T.E.A.M. early today around 1:00 p.m. ish.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't see why people are anticipating only 9 playable characters. Keep in mind the villains are playable too, and we have confirmed appearance of Gorons. You can probably expect about 30 at least. Also the villains will be playable, as well, and we already have 9 total characters known (the blue-haired girl who COULD be Nayru, Cia, Valga, Wizzro, Ganondorf). You can bet we'll probably get all the remaining members of the original Seven Sages, Ghirahim, Vaati, perhaps Veran and Onox, hell even Malon. And yes, Groose, too.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Guys, the roster for Hyrule Warriors has been referred to as "impressive", and that's coming from the Zelda people and the Dynasty people. I'll be shocked if there's only 9 characters. My take is that you have a certain group of characters playable on certain fields, at least at first. So, out of the full roster, there's nine playable on that specific map.

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
Actually now that I think about it, there could be a few more than 9. Hokuto Musou (Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage) had characters that could only be played in the game's 'fantasy' mode, which told a fictional story unrelated to the manga. Only about 6 of the 10 or so characters in that first game could be played in the main story mode.

Also you can't really compare Dynasty Warriors with this. This is the first iteration in what could be a series. Koei typically sticks to a smaller roster in the first iteration. Dynasty Warriors is also drawing from a real historical war from 200 A.D, spanning many generations and many years, while Hyrule Warriors is drawing from the Zelda mythos. There are considerably fewer characters to draw from there, and even fewer major must-have characters. Please don't confuse what I'm saying as 'less viable' characters, as I'm sure there are many viable characters...but I would not expect anywhere near 82 especially for the first entry.

JaredHaj

Smash Rookie
NNID
JaredHaj
Where is this from?
Sakurai's Mii should be on all Wii U systems. I just checked, he comes with a message that says "Smash Bros. for Wii U is gradually nearing completion. Everyone on the staff is hard at work!" And it will link you to the eShop homepage. It's nothing to get hyped about.

Top Bottom