• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
I don't know if anyone noticed, but does Marth still speak in Japanese?
Yesss, and honestly he sounds exactly the same as in Brawl, as if they just ported over the voices.

But, the game was loud, so maybe I just couldnt hear it well enough, but I can tell you 100% he speaks in Japanese still.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Chorus Men, if they're in it, should have been announced ages ago. They're not really characters that'll cause hype leading up to release. From the Sal leak, there aren't any huge reveals left.

Or huge surpises for post release.

DLC, if it exists, better be huge.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I've been wondering this very thing since Shadow Dragon.

I'm not sure if I'm disappointed or not. I mean, it would have been nice to hear English, but I guess it does feel like Marth's "thing" by now.
Well, he takes his design from the Japan-only Mystery of the Emblem remake. So it kinda makes sense.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
With this roster, we need at least a Ganondorf revamp to get me hyped again. A non-leak newcomer would also help.

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
IF we get Vets tomorrow, here are some possibilities:

-Ness
-Captn Falcon
-Jiggly
-Wario
-Ganon
-Falco
-Game & Watch (Full confirmation)
-Mewtwo(Wishful thinking on my part)

Neerb

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3308-4587-7068
With this roster, we need at least a Ganondorf revamp to get me hyped again. A non-leak newcomer would also help.
I'm already hype from all three characters we've seen, but a Ganondorf revamp would get me more psyched than any other character bar Ray (my most wanted), Mewtwo or Ridley (purely because the wave of hype released by the fanbase would be so powerful the energy would bend the fabric of time and space, transporting us all to October 2nd 11:59 pm).

FasdfGfaha

Smash Cadet
Why does absolutely nobody want Dark Pit?

I'm not a fan of another potential clone or alt of an existing character in smash, but at the end of the day, it signifies one thing for me. Chrom, Chorus Men, and Shulk aren't the last remaining newcomers, and there are for sure still others beyond that. If Dark Pit is the herald of more newcomers, then he's got me in his corner until the end.

GO DARK PIT!

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
I'm already hype from all three characters we've seen, but a Ganondorf revamp would get me more psyched than any other character bar Ray (my most wanted), Mewtwo or Ridley (purely because the wave of hype released by the fanbase would be so powerful the energy would bend the fabric of time and space, transporting us all to October 2nd 11:59 pm).
I think I would have a heart attack if Ray made it in. Custom Robo was the **** back in the GameCube days <3

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I wouldn't mind Dark Pit. I'd just much rather have Palutena alone (as I feel it's too early in KI's revived life for three reps) or someone else.

Prince Longstrok

I'm not a fan of another potential clone or alt of an existing character in smash, but at the end of the day, it signifies one thing for me. Chrom, Chorus Men, and Shulk aren't the last remaining newcomers, and there are for sure still others beyond that. If Dark Pit is the herald of more newcomers, then he's got me in his corner until the end.

GO DARK PIT!
I dont know much about KI- what does Dark Pit do? o:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

GO DARK PIT!
Because he's a LITERAL clone of Pit and would be the WORST third Kid Icarus representative EVER.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
That's what I want. A non leak newcomer. That'd bring the roof down.
We have to have non-leak newcomers. I refuse to believe that even Sakurai would look at the list of newcomers we'd have with that line up and go ''Yes, this is right. This will please everyone."

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That's what I want. A non leak newcomer. That'd bring the roof down.
Bring the roof down? In what way? I just want a non-leak newcomer because it means the leak isn't all we're getting.

I dont know much about KI- what does Dark Pit do? o:
Originally, there was a "dark" recolor of Pit in brawl. It became popular enough that they actually made a character called Dark Pit in Kid Icarus: Uprising based on that color palette whom was created in the game. He's a literal clone of Pit. He does play a fairly major role in the game but he still only appears in a few chapters.

domokl

Smash Lord
We have to have non-leak newcomers. I refuse to believe that even Sakurai would look at the list of newcomers we'd have with that line up and go ''Yes, this is right. This will please everyone."
I'm expecting atleast one out of the hype 3. Mewtwo ridley and k rool. Mewtwo is one I'm sure is in. K rool and ridley are iffy on the other hand.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Bring the roof down? In what way? I just want a non-leak newcomer because it means the leak isn't all we're getting.
Because about 80% of the users on this site have decided the Sal leak is canon. I want to be able to predict newcomers again without being told I'm wrong because Sal didn't say so.

FasdfGfaha

Smash Cadet
Because about 80% of the users on this site have decided the Sal leak is canon. I want to be able to predict newcomers again without being told I'm wrong because Sal didn't say so.
I detest the Sal leak since the only ones he leaked who I actually slightly want are Palutena and Chrom (Both of whom are low on my list), but I'm leaning towards it being accurate right now.

It would be really, really nice if Dark Pit or another not-Sal newcomer was confirmed, if only for newfound hope that something is salvageable from all of this.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Doesn't Rosie herself say though that Sal's source doesn't have it all? The entire roster of newcomers? Considering Sakurai's statement about characters having been picked early in the game's life in production. It's logical that Sal's source had a document that had some newcomers on it, but not ALL of them.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The Sal leak IS legit. There's no doubting it at this point. Look, I refused to believe the Sal leak, and rightfully so. There were too many inconsistencies for me to fully believe it. But the latest leak revealed the names of Mii Fighter and Goddess Palutena completely accurately. And now we know Rhythm Heaven is in Smash Run, as well. We can doubt the possibility of who the Rhythm Heaven rep is, but we've got a Rhythm Heaven rep, end of story.

A non-leak rep won't disprove the leak, it just proves that the leak isn't the entirety of the newcomer roster.

EDIT:

Doesn't Rosie herself say though that Sal's source doesn't have it all? The entire roster of newcomers? Considering Sakurai's statement about characters having been picked early in the game's life in production. It's logical that Sal's source had a document that had some newcomers on it, but not ALL of them.
The argument is that Rosalina was revealed "in between" leaks so it doesn't matter. A non-leak newcomer would prove that there are additional characters we don't know about either.

I'm expecting atleast one out of the hype 3. Mewtwo ridley and k rool. Mewtwo is one I'm sure is in. K rool and ridley are iffy on the other hand.
Mewtwo is the easiest, because he's a veteran. They just have to prioritize Mewtwo over Jigglypuff. Considering the character popularity, and the fact that according to the leak they don't know if they should cut Lucas or Ness, its not hard at all to suggest that they may very well consider cutting Jiggly this time in favor of bringing Mewtwo back.

I still think Ridley is in the game, but if he's hard to develop, they might be planning for him to be post-release. K. Rool doesn't have anything against him at this point, and the Kremlings heavily point towards his possible conclusion. One major factor, though, is that K. Rool has not appeared in a game since Brawl, and all other characters have appeared in a game since Brawl. That said, neither have the Kremlings, so it also helps K. Rool, too. K. Rool could also end up as a DLC character if they're having problems getting him finished.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
So, if Squirtle, Ivysaur, Lucas, and Snake are cut. And we have all the Sal leak newcomers, plus Rosalina. That's 47 characters. How bout Ridley, Mewtwo, and somebody else to round it out to 50? Please? Pretty please?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So, if Squirtle, Ivysaur, Lucas, and Snake are cut. And we have all the Sal leak newcomers, plus Rosalina. That's 47 characters. How bout Ridley, Mewtwo, and somebody else to round it out to 50? Please? Pretty please?
I say 54 characters. I don't know it feels right. It's not too much. It's not too little. That just feels well rounded for this time to me.

C3CC

Smash Lord
For Christ's sake, Lucas is NOT getting cut!!!!!!!! Why does everyone keep saying that?! DDDDD:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
The random option!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I say 54 characters. I don't know it feels right. It's not too much. It's not too little. That just feels well rounded for this time to me.
54 is probably impossible by default, but perhaps with DLC.

For Christ's sake, Lucas is NOT getting cut!!!!!!!! Why does everyone keep saying that?! DDDDD:
I don't want it to be true, but the Sal leak is obviously real.

My hope is that Ninty changes their mind. Or that he's DLC.
Sal leak so far is legit, and it said that they can't decide to keep Lucas or Ness. But they're leaning towards cutting Lucas.

The cut character could end up as DLC, though.

EDIT: And keep in mind I said "so far." This is the first time the leak has said anything about vets.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Does any part of the leak state especifically that Lucas won't return? I have never read it. Can you please give me the link?
I can't find the post right now, but the most recent update (before E3) said that "Mii Fighters" would be revealed at E3, so it's obviously real. It also said that Lucas would likely be cut in favor of Ness (though it wasn't an absolute), and that there would be post-launch DLC.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
54 is FAR from impossible.

Namco is working on the game.

Team is bigger.

You guys are impossible at being objective sometimes. Doom and gloom is not a healthy mind set.

Prince Longstrok

54 is FAR from impossible.

Namco is working on the game.

Team is bigger.

You guys are impossible at being objective sometimes. Doom and gloom is not a healthy mind set.
These ARE the guys who made TTT2 (59 characters)

all of which require much more attention and animation to create than a character in Smash. So.. when you think about it.. 54 is within reach :D

FasdfGfaha

Smash Cadet
So regarding the NFCs, anyone have any speculation about what happens if Nintendo makes one for a character that isn't in Smash, and then you try to use it with Smash?

Either there's going to be a lot of DLC, the scope of their actual use will be limited by the character roster, or there won't be any beyond the playable Smash roster.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
These ARE the guys who made TTT2 (59 characters)

all of which require much more attention and animation to create than a character in Smash. So.. when you think about it.. 54 is within reach :D
Bingo. Plus Sakurai balanced a whole game by himself that had 26 characters. People's expectations are too low rather than too high if you ask me.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
What my theory is is that they're going to have the character DLC be free, but then have the data for the DLC characters on any DLC character-based Amiibo they create. You may have to pay anywhere between $5-$15 to buy the figure, but it can load the character into your game even if you don't have the internet to download the update that would give you that character for free. Plus, it gives you all the customization stuff that the other fighters are gonna get without forcing you into buying it just to get the character as anybody can.

That doesn't sound so great now that I wrote it out, haha, but it could still happen, and it would mean that you wouldn't be forced out of getting a free DLC character because you can't download the update for whatever reason, just as long as you're willing to shell out extra money you wouldn't have perhaps otherwise paid or would've paid anyways (either way; the former because you can't download them, the latter because you're collecting all the Amiibo figures, as examples) to gain access to the character without downloading them.

Top Bottom