• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If Ridley gets revealed as playable before release and his title car isn't ''Ridley sizes up the competition!"

I am disappoint Masahiro.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Hey guys, just wondering has anyone managed to confirm if the final smashes for Toon Link and Luigi are changed? I know Luigi's was shown in the PotD before but it would be nice to confirm it's the poltergust. That picture didn't have glowing eyes and we know the boxing ring stage gets dark so it just seemed odd. I know about all the rest of the FS already, just waiting to get those two confirmed.

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
Hey guys, just wondering has anyone managed to confirm if the final smashes for Toon Link and Luigi are changed? I know Luigi's was shown in the PotD before but it would be nice to confirm it's the poltergust. That picture didn't have glowing eyes and we know the boxing ring stage gets dark so it just seemed odd. I know about all the rest of the FS already, just waiting to get those two confirmed.
Luigi does have the Poultergust 3000 as a final smash. Toon Link is the same.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
No, it hasn't.
That's most likely why they weren't playable, because there are some moveset secrets (hopefully a new side-b for Toon Link).
Same with Peach I think (pretty sure she wasn't playable).

UpsilonFox

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FLYINGDAVEno2
3DS FC
1134-7457-1617
No, it hasn't.
That's most likely why they weren't playable, because there are some moveset secrets (hopefully a new side-b for Toon Link).
Same with Peach I think (pretty sure she wasn't playable).
Luigi and Toon Link were both playable, just in the 3DS demo not the WiiU demo.

kylexv

Smash Master
Luigi's is now the Poltergust. Source: My eyes at the demo.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Luigi and Toon Link replace Rosalina and Link respectively in the 3DS demo. Not sure if it's possible to get a Smash Ball in the 3DS demo, though, I haven't seen any.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I just realized the opportunities that Code Name STEAM opened up.

I can make an Abe Lincoln support thread!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well its make a or break today for E3 characters for smash at E3.

And we had to get a rumor that a few urevealed veterans will be shown and mewtwo is the last one.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Well its make a or break today for E3 characters for smash at E3.

And we had to get a rumor that a few urevealed veterans will be shown and mewtwo is the last one.
That was from the guy who posted the shock site, correct? I wouldn't really give it much thought.

Also, it's unfortunate Toon Link kept his final smash as well. I don't really see the reason for it though, Sakurai changed unique final smashes like Luigi and Kirby. I know some are pretty much guaranteed to go live, like DK since his got buffed up and changed a bit visually but maybe Sheik and Toon Link will change. We can hope at least, because if not then it looks like we're getting more Landmasters.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So I was watching some Hyrule Warriors footage, and Nintendo did it.
They made the Majora's Mask Moon even creepier.

image.jpg

I'm not sure I want Majora's Mask HD anymore.

By the way, this is actually the second tease of Majora's Mask at E3.
The first was at the invitational. When the celebrities were coming in for the celebrity match, Zelda Williams (Robin William's daughter for those who don't know) brought a huge Majora's Mask on the stage.

ANNOUNCE IT ALREADY NINTENDO!!!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So, is this the last day of Nintendo Treehouse? Why is it "make or break"? Nothing's happening for Nintendo on Friday?
Yeah, this is the last day for Nintendo.
Still hoping for some vets.

But if we don't get some, I'll get over it quickly, and will most others I assume.

DarrylTrainer

Smash Apprentice
You know what makes me mad? People who are saying that they think it's wrong to have character DLC, or people who get mad that certain characters are in or people who only want a certain amount on the roster. How selfish could you be? You might not want the characters, but other people do. With that said, I hope they do announce DLC today along with some veterans.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I want to believe that there is still one last thing Nintendo will throw at us to end E3 with a bang, but given how many times we were told Smash surprises are coming, the actual surprises weren't very, well, surprising. The only exception is Pac-Man and even then most of us knew he was coming the second Bamco was announced to assist in development.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
If Ridley gets revealed as playable before release and his title car isn't ''Ridley sizes up the competition!"

I am disappoint Masahiro.
I would also be completely fine with "Ridley makes his BIG debut" or something along those lines.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
If we don't get any vets today, I will honestly be disappointed. No new vets during E3, the biggest game event of the year? Yes, we have got 3 newcomers

(though I don't like the Mii idea. Can't use them Online because of how you can design them? That's the point of Miis! Why not just allow us to only use pre-designed Miis when playing online instead of removing them from there? Now they just feel like half-characters that takes up slots)

Pac-Man and Palutena are both amazing additions to the roster, though. And other than gameplay, we haven't really got much info. We have heard the new announcer voice, though, and I like the new announcer :3
Just hope they announce at LEAST one vet today. Wario? Ganondorf? Meta Knight? Ness? Captain Falcon?

Heck, just make a Villain Trailer where we see Wario, Meta Knight, Ganondorf and MewTwo in the end, with the text "Mewtwo Strikes Back!"

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
If we don't get any vets today, I will honestly be disappointed. No new vets during E3, the biggest game event of the year? Yes, we have got 3 newcomers

(though I don't like the Mii idea. Can't use them Online because of how you can design them? That's the point of Miis! Why not just allow us to only use pre-designed Miis when playing online instead of removing them from there? Now they just feel like half-characters that takes up slots)

Pac-Man and Palutena are both amazing additions to the roster, though. And other than gameplay, we haven't really got much info. We have heard the new announcer voice, though, and I like the new announcer :3
Just hope they announce at LEAST one vet today. Wario? Ganondorf? Meta Knight? Ness? Captain Falcon?

Heck, just make a Villain Trailer where we see Wario, Meta Knight, Ganondorf and MewTwo in the end, with the text "Mewtwo Strikes Back!"
I completely agree 100%. Although I really like the Miis, we should just be able to use the default ones for online.

I would like a villain trailer.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just noticed:

It seems one of my most wanted features for this game is in - a "Team Battle" mode akin to the one in Tekken games!

Top Bottom