• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I just noticed:

TEAM BATTLE PHOTO

It seems one of my most wanted features for this game is in - a "Team Battle" mode akin to the one in Tekken games!
Does that mean that each player cycles through those characters as they're defeated? That would be pretty neat.

Last edited:

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
For someone who asked about the Amiibo figures.

I'm suspecting that they might release Amiibo characters who you can't play as in Smash. That's why there was the picture of Lyn in that Amiibo bit. Sure she's already an assist trophy, but who knows... maybe some characters will move beyond assist trophy and into Amiibo status.

At that point, they may even add characters separately as dlc since not everyone will want to get Amiibo's and they created an entire moveset(s) for the Amiibo character.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
@Team Battle questions:

In Tekken, the way it works is that each player will have 8 characters in their team, and when they are K.O'd, the next character in your queue will be brought on. However, the winning player does not recover any health (or at least very little health) between each match. A different arena is loaded up after each KO too, IIRC.

I imagine in Smash, it would be more seamless, and wouldn't load up a new stage, your new character would simply load up like in SSE in Brawl, when you lost a stock in that mode. It also seems like you can form teams of 9 instead of 8.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
For someone who asked about the Amiibo figures.

I'm suspecting that they might release Amiibo characters who you can't play as in Smash. That's why there was the picture of Lyn in that Amiibo bit. Sure she's already an assist trophy, but who knows... maybe some characters will move beyond assist trophy and into Amiibo status.

At that point, they may even add characters separately as dlc since not everyone will want to get Amiibo's and they created an entire moveset(s) for the Amiibo character.
Lyn wasn't in the Amiibo bit. The Fire Emblem character shown was Lucina in her "Marth" disguise.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
I just noticed:

It seems one of my most wanted features for this game is in - a "Team Battle" mode akin to the one in Tekken games!
If this was indeed the case, I'd be stoked too. I've always wanted a feature like this in Smash. It's too easy not to incorporate.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just so people know, Code Name: S.T.E.A.M is going to be getting lots of attention in today's stream. They said it would be longer than the usual 20 minutes or so they spend on games, so we could be seeing it for a long time. They also said they will show off other games that have not yet showed up on the stream, but they will have returning ones.

So don't expect Smash for a while.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I hope the Gematsu/Sal Leak was used to leak the least hype characters so other characters blow our minds...

TheZapp

Smash Journeyman
Just so people know, Code Name: S.T.E.A.M is going to be getting lots of attention in today's stream. They said it would be longer than the usual 20 minutes or so they spend on games, so we could be seeing it for a long time. They also said they will show off other games that have not yet showed up on the stream, but they will have returning ones.

Meh, looks like a fun game imo so I don't mind that much

SwordDance

Smash Cadet

as long as it isn't boring and repetitive like the Bayonetta 2 demo yesterday

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
So did it start?I don't want to play most of it today because internet usage.I'm only turning it on if it's smash related.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

What is up with the stream's thumbnail?

EDIT: Wait, lots of American stuff...likely to do with Code Name: S.T.E.A.M

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wait, so is the "tomorrow" he referred to actually today (is not in an American timezone so not sure)?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Wait, so is the "tomorrow" he referred to actually today (is not in an American timezone so not sure)?
juts came and exactly what I'm wondering. In my time zone (EST), he posted the message today in the early morning (between 2 and 3 am).

So, hype???

(I really don't want to because of how nervous I got yesterday).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I actually could see them cluing the winner in on some reveal. The Invitational players were also invited to the Round table, IIRC.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I actually good see them cluing the winner in on some reveal. The Invitational players were also invited to the Round table, IIRC.
So one of them made the stupid balancing remark to Sakurai I'm assuming?

Well, I guess it's possible that Zero, being the winner, could be brought on for a special demostration of an unannounced Newcomer/Veteran, as a sort of prize for the winner.

Top Bottom