• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

As someone who has never played KI:U and frankly found Palutena reveal trailer too weeaboo (Did we really have to pan in on her ass and ****? Seriously?) I will say that if we have to have clones I wouldn't mind Dark Pit. He has a reason to play similar to Pit and if we are going to add characters to build up the roster I don't mind him being there. He is a different character after all.

Last edited:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Noooo....Don't make amiibo's the dlc,Already got to pay $150 for this game(Both versions,GC controller and Adapter)Unless it's free then sure.

Last edited:

Neerb

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3308-4587-7068
Why does absolutely nobody want Dark Pit?
Clone or no clone, I'd say nearly every Kid Icarus fan would rather have Medusa or Hades, either of whom would better represent the series, be more aesthetically diverse, and better fill the villain role.

BTW, a thought just occurred to me: what if Sal's supposed DLC was the amiibos? It's technically downloadable content via NFC, after all. That would mean the leak would be right and we'd still not get anymore characters.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We'll keep this thread open for another two days or so but then we'll have to call E3 well and truly over. It's been a fun while this thread lasted.

Shroob

Sup?
The fact that a Sneaky Spirit from Rhythm Heaven appears as an enemy in Smash Run, when the only enemies so far have been from playable franchises, makes you wonder.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
As someone who has never played KI:U and frankly found Palutena reveal trailer too weeaboo (Did we really have to pan in on her *** and ****? Seriously?) I will say that if we have to have clones I wouldn't mind Dark Pit. He has a reason to play similar to Pit and if we are going to add characters to build up the roster I don't mind him being there. He is a different character after all.
"Too weeaboo?"

THERE IS NEVER TOO MUCH WEEABOO.

EDIT: (Was that a bit much?)

Last edited:

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339
Am I seriously the only person who opposes DLC fighters for Smash? Stages, I'm all for. Fighters, no. I don't know; to me, it just won't feel right. Maybe DLC for costumes for fighters on the disc already, but no new fighters altogether.

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
So you played at Best Buy? No video?

I'm not surprised honestly, at this point I'm expecting Toon Link to still have Triforce Slash.
I didn't play, but saw it during one of the Smash segments yesterday. I'm hoping some of them are just place holders though, there is still time to change them, and some of them need to be changed.
*cough* Donkey kong *cough*

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I didn't play, but saw it during one of the Smash segments yesterday. I'm hoping some of them are just place holders though, there is still time to change them, and some of them need to be changed.
*cough* Donkey kong *cough*
I doubt that Donkey Kong's is a placeholder, seeing as they took the time to change it.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Changed? Its not the Bongos anymore?
It's the bongos, but it has the Donkey Konga... meter thing... above it, so you can more easily press the attack button in time with the music (it says things like "Good", "Great", "Perfect!"), which makes your attack waves bigger and stronger.

All FS are the same except for Pit, ZSS and Luigi.
And Kirby. And Charizard. And probably Lucario.

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
It's the bongos, but it has the Donkey Konga... meter thing... above it, so you can more easily press the attack button in time with the music (it says things like "Good", "Great", "Perfect!"), which makes your attack waves bigger and stronger.
Woah now, thats practically completely different! imagine the huge impact on gameplay thats gonna make!

But no seriously, thats a bummer :\ And you are right, if they added the meter in then its pretty much certain they wont change it. Oh well, what else would it be, honestly?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So do we have confirmation on Mario's FS?
I think it was used at the Invitational, otherwise I've at least seen it in a mobile video. It still sucks too.
Am I seriously the only person who opposes DLC fighters for Smash? Stages, I'm all for. Fighters, no. I don't know; to me, it just won't feel right. Maybe DLC for costumes for fighters on the disc already, but no new fighters altogether.
I think it makes sense to bring back previously cut fighters like Squirtle and Ivysaur who are likely cut. I'm certainly not opposed to it with newcomers either, but it depends on how long they want to support the game.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Alright.
Today is the final day.
I'm counting on you Nintendo.
Give me a character reveal, newcomer or vet.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I'm with you in this one. I don't know how to explain it either, but it just doesn't feel right.

Top Bottom