• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Sonic's expression though. He's like 'Gg bruv.' Love that guy.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
What? I personally say he's thinking "Look how far you've come, Mac". Because back in Brawl, Sonic was playable and Mac was not.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I thought it'd be cool to hear his voice like in the trailer.
Yeah, but from the gameplay we've seen that was only a trailer thing.

Like could you imagine if like Doc Louis was on a cloud yelling at Mac in the NSMBU stage? That would have been awesome.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I wouldn't like Dark Pit getting in. Visually, he's exactly like Pit and people may find it hard to tell them apart if they were both on the screens together (inb4 the P1-P4 things ontop of all the characters) so I say nay. No ACTUAL clones please. Might as well bring Dr. Mario back. At least with Toon Link, he's a different iteration of Link, just like Paper Mario could be considered somewhat a different iteration. And Paper Mario and Toon Link at least look A LOT different then their major self

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Wario, if he returns, is the only "evil clone" esque character notable enough to get their own slot. No other dark counter parts have made it to separate character status in the world of Smash.

Dark Link, probably a costume again.
Toon Dark Link, made up in Brawl, probably a costume again, prefer the Lobster Shirt Link...
Dark Pit, made up in Brawl, likely a costume again.
Blood Falcon, likely a costume again.
Dark Samus, assist.
Waluigi, assist.
Shadow, assist.
Unless you count Wolf.. if he returns.
Mewtwo wouldn't count since Mew isn't playable.. lol

I think they should reveal Wario, Ganondorf (new moveset), and Game & Watch since they kind of did, and they reveal a bunch of alternate costume characters (ushered in by Pittoo and Wario); Pittoo, Dr Mario/Jumpman, Mr L, Shadow Queen/ Daisy, Dry Bowser, Wario's alt, Dixie Kong, Dark Link, Lucina (Marth), Chrom (Ike), Louie/Alph/etc, Ms Pacman, maybe Birdo, maybe Impa, etc. Although they could also reveal Ness, and then announce that due to custom movesets that Lucas and Falco will be alternate costumes for Ness and Fox, or do a "just kidding" and show them completely revamped and different from their parents in the cloning process.

I guess I predict Game & Watch to either be officially revealed as a POTD or completely ignored, and then some villains and or alternate costumes to be revealed. New Ganon(dorf), Wario and maybe Wolf, maybe a newcomer villain (Ridley or KK Rool, or Vaati to rival Toon Link and accompany Ganondorf), and then they address clones being dissolved into costume swaps, which would explain Dark Pit, could be addressed as Dark Pit or Pittoo, but shares a slot and entire moveset with Pit, much like the Wii Fit Trainers and Villagers do. Would be interesting. We'll probably get nothing.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I wouldn't like Dark Pit getting in. Visually, he's exactly like Pit and people may find it hard to tell them apart if they were both on the screens together (inb4 the P1-P4 things ontop of all the characters) so I say nay. No ACTUAL clones please. Might as well bring Dr. Mario back. At least with Toon Link, he's a different iteration of Link, just like Paper Mario could be considered somewhat a different iteration. And Paper Mario and Toon Link at least look A LOT different then their major self
Personally Dr. Mario is levels ahead of Toon Link, heck I wish they cut Mario for him! (If that was possible.) I wouldn't mind Dark Pit, I like him more than Toon Link also.

We better see some vets tomorrow. Or some character.

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
Wario, if he returns, is the only "evil clone" esque character notable enough to get their own slot. No other dark counter parts have made it to separate character status in the world of Smash.

Dark Link, probably a costume again.
Toon Dark Link, made up in Brawl, probably a costume again, prefer the Lobster Shirt Link...
Dark Pit, made up in Brawl, likely a costume again.
Blood Falcon, likely a costume again.
Dark Samus, assist.
Waluigi, assist.
Shadow, assist.
Unless you count Wolf.. if he returns.
Mewtwo wouldn't count since Mew isn't playable.. lol

I think they should reveal Wario, Ganondorf (new moveset), and Game & Watch since they kind of did, and they reveal a bunch of alternate costume characters (ushered in by Pittoo and Wario); Pittoo, Dr Mario/Jumpman, Mr L, Shadow Queen/ Daisy, Dry Bowser, Wario's alt, Dixie Kong, Dark Link, Lucina (Marth), Chrom (Ike), Louie/Alph/etc, Ms Pacman, maybe Birdo, maybe Impa, etc. Although they could also reveal Ness, and then announce that due to custom movesets that Lucas and Falco will be alternate costumes for Ness and Fox, or do a "just kidding" and show them completely revamped and different from their parents in the cloning process.

I guess I predict Game & Watch to either be officially revealed as a POTD or completely ignored, and then some villains and or alternate costumes to be revealed. New Ganon(dorf), Wario and maybe Wolf, maybe a newcomer villain (Ridley or KK Rool, or Vaati to rival Toon Link and accompany Ganondorf), and then they address clones being dissolved into costume swaps, which would explain Dark Pit, could be addressed as Dark Pit or Pittoo, but shares a slot and entire moveset with Pit, much like the Wii Fit Trainers and Villagers do. Would be interesting. We'll probably get nothing.
What is this I hear about sorta of revealing Ganon? I worked all day so I have no clue what happened :c!

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
He's hiding in Palutena's reveal art on the website. I think there's a bit more to it than that.
To be fair the villager poster has Isabelle in it, she's also in the trailer for the villager if I remember correctly. Although I do find palutenas video suspicious with him at the very end. The way they focused on him was odd.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
What is this I hear about sorta of revealing Ganon? I worked all day so I have no clue what happened :c!
just my predictions. they showed ganondorf and wario in the digital event amongst other characters, assuming they approved that and allowed it to air, it felt like a good sign they would return.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
We're kinda just theorizing that they'll reveal Ganon revamped.

If we gets vets tomorrow, it'd be great to give us Ice Climbers, Game & Watch, and Ganondorf. I'd say Jiggs, Ness, and Captain Falcon but we all know they're returning. And Wario, I can wait. He's in all because of Ashley

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
We're kinda just theorizing that they'll reveal Ganon revamped.

If we gets vets tomorrow, it'd be great to give us Ice Climbers, Game & Watch, and Ganondorf. I'd say Jiggs, Ness, and Captain Falcon but we all know they're returning. And Wario, I can wait. He's in all because of Ashley

OHHH, I totally forgot about Ganon showing up (but its awesome he did)

I think it was more a reference to how he said something about "bad guys", but hey, Id love to see my main Gerudo Man show up again :3 I wont play him if his moveset is too different, but that wont matter if I get my captain ^-^

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I think the reveals are done for E3. There's still three months until the 3DS game releases. Sakurai will probably rapid fire them on the website to build hype.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I think the reveals are done for E3. There's still three months until the 3DS game releases. Sakurai will probably rapid fire them on the website to build hype.
Reggie said we will get more news, so I think it is likely we will get at least some veteran reveals tomorrow.

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
Too much of the Nintendo commentators saying "unannounced this and that" for nothing to happen tomorrow.

But if nothing does indeed happen, oh well.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Too much of the Nintendo commentators saying "unannounced this and that" for nothing to happen tomorrow.

But if nothing does indeed happen, oh well.
Fingers crossed. We had our "leaky 3", I'd honestly rather have veterans :p
Yeah, I'm hoping for like 3 veterans to be revealed and maybe a newcomer so that they go off with a bang at E3.

domokl

Smash Lord
Yeah I can imagine atleast one or two vetrans tomorrow. Maybe a newcomer if were really lucky.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I can imagine atleast one or two vetrans tomorrow. Maybe a newcomer if were really lucky.
Wario and Ganondorf seem likely, since they were in the Robot Chicken bit, but the newcomer could either be one of the three remaining characters from the Sal leak (20 bucks it's going to be Chorus Men) or, if we want to be crazy, Ridley.

Neerb

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3308-4587-7068
I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Maybe just Game & Watch will get his official debut, Ganondorf if I'm lucky.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I'm guessing no Doctor Mario or Mr. L alts either :/

Top Bottom