• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
So my verdict is similar to last year, 2 newcomers during the main Digital event and a few veterans, and another newcomer during the tournament. Hope I am not too optimistic.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
So my verdict is similar to last year, 2 newcomers during the main Digital event and a few veterans, and another newcomer during the tournament. Hope I am not too optimistic.
This sounds the most realistic to me.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
Yes, during the tournament, Reggie will stop everything and whisper in Ken's ear, "is your body ready?" Then of course, he'll be terrified and back away. The room will promptly go completely black and there will be a huge screen showing the Smash logo and then will a trailer show off Reggie as a playable character. Reggie will then enter the tournament using himself as a playable character and win the entire thing using cheap OP tactics. Sakurai and Reggie will blast the Stone Cold Steve Austin theme and flip off all the tournament players and Sakurai will announce tripping is back. Everyone will go home in tears as Reggie snaps several Melee discs in half.

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
Yes, during the tournament, Reggie will stop everything and whisper in Ken's ear, "is your body ready?" Then of course, he'll be terrified and back away. The room will promptly go completely black and there will be a huge screen showing the Smash logo and then will a trailer show off Reggie as a playable character. Reggie will then enter the tournament using himself as a playable character and win the entire thing using cheap OP tactics. Sakurai and Reggie will blast the Stone Cold Steve Austin theme and flip off all the tournament players and Sakurai will announce tripping is back. Everyone will go home in tears as Reggie snaps several Melee discs in half.

LOL.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
I would have went further with Reggie's actions, but this is a family friendly website and I want to respect that. But just know Reggie would have committed a despicably lewd act in public as the trailer played and the screen light radiated his face with a devilish grin as everyone watched in horror as they learn Reggie is the Meta Knight of Smash 4. Reggie Fils-a-Mech was just the beginning of his power trip.

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I'm pretty glad E3 is during Tuesday, my off day from school!

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Five is my favorite number, so I am very happy that we only have 5 days left. By my calculations, that is less than a week!
Hm. I trust your calculations, but we need to get our best mathematicians on this! Is 5 days, in fact, less than a week?

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Hmm, this week isn't dragging by like I thought it would. Perhaps Mario Kart is helping. E3 is so very close.

Feelin' kinda dumb here; what do they mean by four media outlets?
I thought media outlets were things like newspapers, websites and the like. It would probably be like a Gamestop rep, an IGN rep and some others playing. Sounds lame to me, honestly.

Last edited:

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Darn, I have school on Tuesday, so I won't be able to watch the E3 until Wednesday...

IT'S GOING SO DAMN FAST. I LOVE IT.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Ha, you guys are all playing your dinky Mario Kart while waiting. That's what I have Duck Hunt and Hyperdimension Neptunia for.

Honestly though, I'm kind of surprised how much all of you like Mario Kart. The only one I can play is Double Dash, so I think I will switch to F-Zero.

Please let them announce a new F-Zero.

Morbi

Scavenger
Ha, you guys are all playing your dinky Mario Kart while waiting. That's what I have Duck Hunt and Hyperdimension Neptunia for.

Honestly though, I'm kind of surprised how much all of you like Mario Kart. The only one I can play is Double Dash, so I think I will switch to F-Zero.

Please let them announce a new F-Zero.
I would not mind a new F-Zero at all, I would enjoy the announcement quite a bit.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Who is still in School on the 10th? Well, some of my underclassmen are, but they just have their last final exam which ends at 10, so they'll be able to drive to my house before 11 comes around.
Good thing my last class ended on the 12th of May last month. I can dedicate all the time I need for Nintendo's Direct.

Edit: 13th should have been 12th.

Last edited:

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
Darn, I have school on Tuesday, so I won't be able to watch the E3 until Wednesday...

IT'S GOING SO DAMN FAST. I LOVE IT.
I am going to give you some solid advice here. Skip school. In fact, your best bet is to drop out. This is a once in a lifetime thing. I'll let everyone in on a secret, in fact. My dad is Nintendo and I know who's getting announced at E3.

Know your role, Smashboards.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I am going to give you some solid advice here. Skip school. In fact, your best bet is to drop out. This is a once in a lifetime thing. I'll let everyone in on a secret, in fact. My dad is Nintendo and I know who's getting announced at E3.

Know your role, Smashboards.
My dad works for Nintendo and he says that your dad doesn't.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
I wonder if the four media reps will have the same rule of 1 character each that the invitational uses. We could end up seeing all 20 characters being used if so. That would be nice to see for a general idea of how each character plays and how the vets have been balanced/changed. For newcomers we are pretty much guaranteed at least one or two of them being revealed with a couple of veterans returning.

kReign

Smash Rookie
What is meant by Media reps anyway?
Kotaku, IGN, etc, media outlets like that, got an email telling them that they've been invited to participate and to choose someone who will play at this date and time. At least that is probably how it went down.

Last edited:

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
I'm willing to bet that they'll show something after the invitational if they're personally sending invites to media outlets.

Also, after posting that E3 reaction of Melee, I felt like showing this as well, though I'm sure some of you must have seen it

EDIT: Booo, Canadians have school until end of June

Last edited:

ChillerDuu

Smash Cadet
School ended for me just in time for E3.

Edit: Unintentional ryhming! YEAH!

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
So, I learned at school today one of my best friends, the one who I talk about Smash with all the time, was in an accident and sent to the hospital. I called him up at the hospital, and he told me everything. He was fixing the lawn mower, when it turned on and cut off a bunch of his fingers. He got at least one back on, but doesn't know about the others. He'll be in the hospital for a few more days, likely for a week. I was freaking out, and asking him if he needed anything and trying to make sure he was OK. His first question?

"Hey, what was the Pic of the Day for Smash Bros. today?"

Smash Bros. has the best freaking fanbase out there.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So, I learned at school today one of my best friends, the one who I talk about Smash with all the time, was in an accident and sent to the hospital. I called him up at the hospital, and he told me everything. He was fixing the lawn mower, when it turned on and cut off a bunch of his fingers. He got at least one back on, but doesn't know about the others. He'll be in the hospital for a few more days, likely for a week. I was freaking out, and asking him if he needed anything and trying to make sure he was OK. His first question?

Ha, now that's dedication, man.

How did he feel when you told him it was just a filler picture? :p

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404

Ouch. I hope he can get the rest of his fingers back on. :urg: You kinda need those to play Smash.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Ha, now that's dedication, man.

How did he feel when you told him it was just a filler picture? :p
Exact conversation:

"Miguel! are you OK, what happened?"
"Yeah, I was fixing a lawn mower and it cut off my fingers. They've reattached one but I'll be in here past E3..."
"Oh my god! Do you need anything?"
"What was today's pic of the day?"
(mild laughter from me) "It's the Roost, it's part of the background in the Animal Crossing stage."
"Oh cool, I can't wait for the game. Got to go, they're still attaching the finger."
"JESUS CHRIST, MIGUEL!"

He's certainly one of the bravest people I know. Shame he might never hold a controller again...:(.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Exact conversation:

"Miguel! are you OK, what happened?"
"Yeah, I was fixing a lawn mower and it cut off my fingers. They've reattached one but I'll be in here past E3..."
"Oh my god! Do you need anything?"
"What was today's pic of the day?"
(mild laughter from me) "It's the Roost, it's part of the background in the Animal Crossing stage."
"Oh cool, I can't wait for the game. Got to go, they're still attaching the finger."
"JESUS CHRIST, MIGUEL!"

He's certainly one of the bravest people I know. Shame he might never hold a controller again...:(.
Wow, the fact that he can still be impressed by that while missing his fingers just shows how hardcore he is. Gotta respect that, man. Here's hopin' he'll be able to play the game.

ChillerDuu

Smash Cadet

You're such a (smash) bro. Hope he does fine and also hope they can get his other fingers back on.

Top Bottom