• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Anyway, back on topic, I'm thinking that we'd get Ridley or some big shot newcomer like that after the tournament during E3.
Sure, ignore the answers to your questions. ^^

And yes, I am sure that Ridley will be revealed at E3, if he is playable. And hopefully, at the end of the Tournament, where the Winner gets to battle Sakurai using him.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Sakurai said in an interview: "So we’re not going to cut characters out of the way, we’re going to put in as many characters as we can, we really want to do that, because it’s good for the fans and good for all of us."

To me I took that as there being no set roster and no character number in mind, and he's just going to add as many characters as he can before release. As for vets, he doesn't like cuts or plans to cut anyone, he probably just has certain vets having a higher priority than others. And Pac-Man is an icon and gaming legend, so I'm sure if he's not in the game he was definitely considered.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
How about during the tournament?
I can see it now. The semi-final round just finished. The two finalists move on to their final battle. At that moment, Reggie walks up! "Please excuse me," he says. "But Mr. Sakurai told me he had something he needed to put in the game." He takes out one of the USB plugs for the Gamecube adaptor for a brief moment, and sticks a USB drive in the Wii U. Data starts uploading, and when the two finalists gaze upon the character screen next, there's a brand new character sitting there, in all its glory, just waiting to be played.

...Mii.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
R
I can see it now. The semi-final round just finished. The two finalists move on to their final battle. At that moment, Reggie walks up! "Please excuse me," he says. "But Mr. Sakurai told me he had something he needed to put in the game." He takes out one of the USB plugs for the Gamecube adaptor for a brief moment, and sticks a USB drive in the Wii U. Data starts uploading, and when the two finalists gaze upon the character screen next, there's a brand new character sitting there, in all its glory, just waiting to be played.

...Mii.
Reggie.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I expect that everyone's dongs will be feature length throughout the entire E3 show. Why? Because the whole point is for E3 to take every gamer's excitement by storm.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I expect that everyone's dongs will be feature length throughout the entire E3 show. Why? Because the whole point is for E3 to take every gamer's excitement by storm.
To quote Vinny during his Donkey Kong Country series corruption, "Dongs will expand."

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
You are using that avatar just for that purpose are you? :chuckle:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Palutena riding Ridley drops Lucina HALO jump style into a fight between Snake, Wario, Mewtwo and Meta Knight.
Edit: With fight taking place at a stage with Sakurai sitting in the background Shao Kahn style. And Yells, "FINISH HIM!" when Lucina is about to beat Meta Knight.

Last edited:

kReign

Smash Rookie
I don't have a source, but apparently the first real trailer for SSB4 will be shown at E3...I wouldn't be surprised if it included some currently unannounced characters. I think we'll get a release date for at least the 3DS version and 2/3 more character reveals. I think the roster will stop at about 40 max, so it is getting pretty close if I'm right. Although I wonder if any characters will be kept secret?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I don't have a source, but apparently the first real trailer for SSB4 will be shown at E3...
The first real trailer? What would you call the trailer at last year's E3, then?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Not all in one trailer realistically, but if my favorite four (Palutena, Shulk, Ridley, and K. Rool) appeared over the course of the event I'd be ecstatic.
Weird. Seems like we have the same dreams. :shades:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
What is your guys dream trailer for the E3 one?
my perfect E3 trailer would be no more than the actual intro for the game... and after so many CG animations for each newcomers we have, I'm pretty confident that we'll get something in "Melee's level" for the Opening, and not a bunch of random scenes together like in Brawl.
--this, would be trailer that will show most of the veterans that are still missing... for the newcomers, of course I'm expecting each one having their respective CG trailers.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I'd just like to see Palutena, Pac Man, and Snake just to appear throughout the whole thing. I would've said Mii's, but let's just say my opinion has changed on them over time.... but yeah, Snake and Pac Man will especially make me happy, since we're talking gaming legends here:
Mario: Sidescrolling legend, brought video games back after that gaming crash....
Link: RPG Legend, games are some of the best of all time
Sonic: Another sidescrolling legend, super fast, Sega (once Nintendo's rival)'s mascot, represents the age of the 16-bit
Mega Man: ANOTHER side-scrolling legend, flourished the entire side-scrolling shooter genre
Snake: Revolutionized the stealth genre, very innovative and brought forth tons of clones that try to replicate Metal Gear's formula
Pac Man: Arcade legend, most recognized video game character of all time. You can't go wrong with that.
Color Game TV: Although an assist trophy, it's Pong. THE FIRST VIDEO GAME EVER MADE!!!!!
You see how epic this game could be? It could practically be the pinnacle of all games, displaying gaming's top moments as well as an interesting and unique fighting system that not a single game has been able to replicate. To top that off, you can play it competitively on the go, or at home, in 3D or in HD. That's why I'm hopeful to see Pac Man and Snake for E3. People will go nuts until it releases. No. Scratch that. They'll go nuts for years. Anyways, yeah, sorry for my essay XD I kind of go into a phase every time I start getting worked up about Snake and Pac Man

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Zelda is an action adventure game. RPGs are like Final Fantasy, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Zelda is an action adventure game. RPGs are like Final Fantasy, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem.
Oh, yeah, I was debating on whether or not to call it an RPG. I mean, I'm a big Zelda fan myself, but yeah... haha, I'll keep that in mind next time I have to explain Zelda XD

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Honestly, I'd just like to see Palutena, Pac Man, and Snake just to appear throughout the whole thing. I would've said Mii's, but let's just say my opinion has changed on them over time.... but yeah, Snake and Pac Man will especially make me happy, since we're talking gaming legends here:
Mario: Sidescrolling legend, brought video games back after that gaming crash....
Link: RPG Legend, games are some of the best of all time
Sonic: Another sidescrolling legend, super fast, Sega (once Nintendo's rival)'s mascot, represents the age of the 16-bit
Mega Man: ANOTHER side-scrolling legend, flourished the entire side-scrolling shooter genre
Snake: Revolutionized the stealth genre, very innovative and brought forth tons of clones that try to replicate Metal Gear's formula
Pac Man: Arcade legend, most recognized video game character of all time. You can't go wrong with that.
Color Game TV: Although an assist trophy, it's Pong. THE FIRST VIDEO GAME EVER MADE!!!!!
You see how epic this game could be? It could practically be the pinnacle of all games, displaying gaming's top moments as well as an interesting and unique fighting system that not a single game has been able to replicate. To top that off, you can play it competitively on the go, or at home, in 3D or in HD. That's why I'm hopeful to see Pac Man and Snake for E3. People will go nuts until it releases. No. Scratch that. They'll go nuts for years. Anyways, yeah, sorry for my essay XD I kind of go into a phase every time I start getting worked up about Snake and Pac Man
I'm with you my friend. Let's hope we get them both.

Technically, though, Color TV Game 15 isn't pong. It's a pong clone.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Pong for Atari rep.

Or General Custer.

Last edited:

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Think in the first trailer. Do you remember the first song? Now imagine this song being played by electric guitar in evil tone, while a cutscene showcasing a Pyrosphere tunnel is showed. Then a fast dragonoid shadow is seen and the scene is cut to a black screen with Metroid's logo. Then Bowser appears facing Mario in a castle. Mario's logo appears. Ganondorf transforming in Beast Ganon. Zelda's logo appears. Meta Knight strongly spins the helm of his ship. Kirby's logo appears. Pikachu in a dark cave seeing a strange a blured pokemon figure. Pokemon's logo appears. Donkey Kong pursuing a Kremeling stealing bananas. DK's logo appears. Wolf flying in Wolfen. StarFox's logo appears. Some game play footage is featured, and in the the end, is featured all the heros fighting their respective villais, then, starts a cutscene again. In Pyrosphere, Mario punchs Bowser, Ganon attacks Mario, Fox shots Ganon, Dedede attacks Fox, Dedede is attacked by Picachu, Pikachu by Wolf, and RIDLEY CRASHES INTO BATTLE, Samus starts to charge a beam to attack Ridley. It's a dynamic and fast scene. After this, more game play, and then, Smash Bros 4's logo appears.

Yeah, three vets in the first trailer, Meta Knight, Ganondorf and Wolf. Ridley as a newcomer.

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
I'm really, really pushing to get off so that I can watch the Nintendo Digital Event live. I don't want spoilers!

D

Deleted member

I'm really, really pushing to get off so that I can watch the Nintendo Digital Event live. I don't want spoilers!
I'll just check the site when I get home from school that day. Villager and Mega Man's trailers were up when I came back last year.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Hello everyone! Let me first start off by saying I am new to smashboards and this is my first post. :)
Here is my list of newcomers and veterans that I would like to see announced.

Newcomers:
  • I would like to see a character from Hyrule Warriors. Shia would be my personal choice since it would be nice to have a female villain show up in ssb4. I think she would have a good shot if they ended up choosing someone to represent Hyrule Warriors.
  • Robin from Fire Emblem seems to be a fan favorite from the smash community and I wouldn't mind seeing them announced for ssb4 also. Would definitely prefer to see a female Robin than a 3rd male swordsman from the series.
  • Palutena is another one I see commonly talked about. I think she has a pretty good shot at being a newcomer this time with the success of Uprising.
Veterans:
I already have my main Zelda returning so I don't really care about any of the veterans at this point lol. Some things that would be nice to see changed for some of the veterans if they return:
  • Ganondorf: He was slowed down considerably from melee to brawl. Speeding him back up any amount would be great. Possibly include his sword into his moveset and make him less of a slow/fat Captain Falcon. There is a good chance something can happen for Ganondorf since they changed Bowser.
  • Ice Climbers: Their chain grab if anything is broken and annoying. No character should have the power to take a stock just from a grab. If they return they need to be balanced by removing the chain grab at the very least.
  • Meta Knight: The #1 played character in brawl tournaments hands down. For a good reason, he is very good. The reach on all of his moves makes him not only hard to hit because of his spacing game, but hard to punish for the same reason. His aerial game is 2nd to none, once he gets you in the air you are probably going to eat a lot of damage. If he returns I would like a more balanced version.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
EDIt: Never mind. I saw the OP and it answered my questions.

Kinda dissapointed that the Q&A is a Q&A and not a presentation because there won't be a lot of info coming out of it.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
My favorite part in that video is always the one where the crowd goes wild for Ridley when they see him face Samus. I know I would've reacted the same way if I was there.

Its a shame he wasn't playable back then. :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom