• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Exact conversation:

"Miguel! are you OK, what happened?"
"Yeah, I was fixing a lawn mower and it cut off my fingers. They've reattached one but I'll be in here past E3..."
"Oh my god! Do you need anything?"
"What was today's pic of the day?"
(mild laughter from me) "It's the Roost, it's part of the background in the Animal Crossing stage."
"Oh cool, I can't wait for the game. Got to go, they're still attaching the finger."
"JESUS CHRIST, MIGUEL!"

He's certainly one of the bravest people I know. Shame he might never hold a controller again...:(.
That is absolutely horrendous. I'll pray for your friend. I hope they're able to get him his fingers back. Prosthetic fingers usually come with the entire hand, so I'm not sure they'd be able to do much for him if he's missing a few besides a plastic clip-on finger. They're just for looks. Let's hope he gets all the real ones back on. Dunno if he'll ever be able to play Smash again, though... I'm so sorry.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Exact conversation:

"Yeah, I was fixing a lawn mower and it cut off my fingers. They've reattached one but I'll be in here past E3..."
(mild laughter from me) "It's the Roost, it's part of the background in the Animal Crossing stage."
"Oh cool, I can't wait for the game. Got to go, they're still attaching the finger."
"JESUS CHRIST, MIGUEL!"

He's certainly one of the bravest people I know. Shame he might never hold a controller again...:(.
Wow, seriously, your friend is VERY determined. He got cut off his fingers and he's still happy even to a point of still looking forward to ssb4. I would personally be sad because using a computer would be harder for me and I use it all the time but not playing game, huh... I would have lost all the heritage that I got from SSBM and that would be very bad.

Your friend deserves credits and I wish him a speedy recovery in the hope that they can attach his fingers.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Exact conversation:

"JESUS CHRIST, MIGUEL!"

This guys my new idol.

Too bad about the fingers and how he wont be able to handle the new Smash Bros.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
June 6th for EST...4 days oh my God. The hype.

@ APC99 APC99 sorry to hear about your friend, I really hope they can reattach his fingers. :/ That dedication to Smash 4 though is awesome.

D

Deleted member

Wow, the fact that he can still be impressed by that while missing his fingers just shows how hardcore he is. Gotta respect that, man. Here's hopin' he'll be able to play the game.
Human resilience is quite a thing to admire.

Sorry to hear about your friend @ APC99 APC99 , I hope he gets better, and is able to experience the next Smash with ya.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

This is what I believe to be the final roster in my mind.

King K. Rool: I don't personally care for him, but so many people ask for him.

Bandana Dee: My personal pick who I want to see in the game.

Blood Falcon: He isn't so much as a newcomer, as Ganondorf's old moveset after he gets a huge moveset change.

Ridley: He has been teased far to much.

Robin: I find Robin to be a better choice than Chrom. They are both equally important to the story in Awakening, so I don't see how that could be an issue.

Mii: I think they deserve it.

Pac-Man: He should be in the game in my opinion.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman

Blood Falcon: He isn't so much as a newcomer, as Ganondorf's old moveset after he gets a huge moveset change.

Robin: I find Robin to be a better choice than Chrom. They are both equally important to the story in Awakening, so I don't see how that could be an issue.

I've got a feeling we're gonna feel the Dee at E3.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I seriously doubt Bandana Dee has a chance. :/ No offence.

Also, you forgot Palutena. Excluding her, and Mewtwo, that's pretty Close to what I expect. Though I doubt Blood Falcon has a chance.

Artorias

Smash Journeyman

Pretty much what I'm expecting too. I see Blood Falcon being replaced by Shulk or most likely a 2nd Kid Icarus rep.
I wouldn't expect Solid Snake being cut though, but most likely being replaced by Naked/Punished Snake (Big Boss) to promote MGSV, or at least a Nintendo character that can inherit Snake's moveset, no need to throw a viable move set out the window just because Snake isn't in.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
i'm fairly certain Palutena is in the game, especially after seeing the pseudo-palutena trophy head juke.

i would replace ridley or blood falcon with her.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'm starting to wonder just how likely the Mii really is. Yes they're extremely important to Nintendo, but the Villager is almost a psuedo-Mii in design, and would a Mii really make for a compelling fighting game character?

A few thoughts, I'll focus on what you've included rather than what you haven't.:
- 5 pokemon is extremely unlikely. We had 6 in Brawl, I highly doubt that number is going to decrease after such a successful Pokemon game was just released.
- I really don't think we're going to get FOUR Avatar's as newcomers.
- If we ever got a 2nd FZ rep, I think it'd have been Samurai Goroh, and he's been deconfirmed now.
- At least Robin would somewhat fix the issue of having all these FE characters that all look nearly identical, but I still don't see a 3rd FE being anywhere near likely. And if there was one, I'd wager that it'd be Lucina (because female) or Roy (because Smash relevance).
- As much as I'd love K. Rool on, I still think Dixie is more likely due to her moveset potential and general relevance.
- Waddle Dee isn't entirely unlikely, but I don't really see it happening. I'd say that depending on whether or not he's in Yoshi Yarn, Prince Fluff could be more likely.

Pac Man and Ridley are definitely at the top end of likelyhood though.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Lost loads of hype because the Coliseum is a stage on Wii U. That doesn't make any sense especially since it doesn't appear in Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn, the only two console games that came out in the US. If we don't get a Tellius stage I'll be very irritated.

Last edited:

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
I'm starting to wonder just how likely the Mii really is. Yes they're extremely important to Nintendo, but the Villager is almost a psuedo-Mii in design, and would a Mii really make for a compelling fighting game character?
I've been thinking that if the Mii happens, it might be an exclusive feature of the Custom Movesets section...

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
One character needs to be revealed during E3. It's a character we all know and love, and is from a 3rd Party Company, and it's a character we know and love. He's a fast-firing, missile shooting, terrorist killing government agent, and he is...

Want to support Leon?
#Leonfor4

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
One character needs to be revealed during E3. It's a character we all know and love, and is from a 3rd Party Company, and it's a character we know and love. He's a fast-firing, missile shooting, terrorist killing government agent, and he is...

Want to support Leon?
#Leonfor4
This is not the thread for this sort of thing.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

You have a incorrect roster already because

Whats palutena chop liver (shes the only character at 99% sure of being playable)

Robin male and female over chrom i don't think so.

And finally this was the partern of mario reps/zelda reps/pokemon reps

:mario64::luigi64: / :link64: / :jigglypuff64::pikachu64: 2/1/2

:mariomelee::luigimelee::peachmelee::bowsermelee: / :linkmelee: :ganondorfmelee: :zeldamelee: :sheikmelee: :younglinkmelee: / :pikachumelee::jigglypuffmelee::mewtwomelee::pichumelee: 4/5/4
:mario2::luigi2::peach::bowser2: / :link2: :sheilda: :toonlink: :ganondorf: / :pikachu2::jigglypuff::lucario::charizard::squirtle::ivysaur: 4/5/6 ( :pt: Is not the offical character on brawl.)

So in conclusion im looking at this

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::rosalina: / :4link::4zelda::4sheik::4tlink::ganondorf: / :4pikachu::4lucario::4charizard::4greninja::jigglypuff::mewtwopm:
5/5/6 (or 5/6/6 if we get another zelda rep which is unlikely)

And lastly sorry bandana dee i lost hope on due to waddle dees being enemys in smash run.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I hope you are right with those Pokemon, Smashoperatingbuddy. I want Mewtwo back so bad and I don't see Jigglypuff going anywhere.

I do think the most likely newnewcomers at this point are Palutena (The pseudo-trophy, stage, Pit's new final smash), and Pac-Man, but I still believe we may get a third FE newcomer, Chrom or Robin filling the spot.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
A few thoughts, I'll focus on what you've included rather than what you haven't.:
- 5 pokemon is extremely unlikely. We had 6 in Brawl, I highly doubt that number is going to decrease after such a successful Pokemon game was just released.
The only reason we had 6 characters was due to Pokemon Trainers inclusion, with him/transformation characters gone I doubt we'll get any more than 5 (or more than the Mario series). It's not the first time a series character count went down between installments.
- I really don't think we're going to get FOUR Avatar's as newcomers.
Villager, Mii, Robin... Who is the 4th?
- If we ever got a 2nd FZ rep, I think it'd have been Samurai Goroh, and he's been deconfirmed now.
Agree'd. Goroh or Black Bull. But mostly Goroh.
- At least Robin would somewhat fix the issue of having all these FE characters that all look nearly identical, but I still don't see a 3rd FE being anywhere near likely. And if there was one, I'd wager that it'd be Lucina (because female) or Roy (because Smash relevance).
The Robin can have both female and male skins the same way the Villager & Wii fit trainer does.
- As much as I'd love K. Rool on, I still think Dixie is more likely due to her moveset potential and general relevance
Moveset potential? How so? Besides hair twirling, what can Dixie do that Diddy cannot? I'm willing to bet king K. Rool has a bigger move pool than Dixie based on the original DKC trilogy alone.
- Waddle Dee isn't entirely unlikely, but I don't really see it happening. I'd say that depending on whether or not he's in Yoshi Yarn, Prince Fluff could be more likely.
Why would Waddle Dee be in Yoshi game? And Prince Fluff has only appear in one game compared to Bandana dee's 6. But i guess fluff has a chance as it really boils down to moveset potential.
Pac Man and Ridley are definitely at the top end of likelyhood though.
Pac-man? Yes. Ridley? HIGHLY questionable.

Last edited:

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
You have a incorrect roster already because

Whats palutena chop liver (shes the only character at 99% sure of being playable)

Robin male and female over chrom i don't think so.

And finally this was the partern of mario reps/zelda reps/pokemon reps

:mario64::luigi64: / :link64: / :jigglypuff64::pikachu64: 2/1/2

:mariomelee::luigimelee::peachmelee::bowsermelee: / :linkmelee: :ganondorfmelee: :zeldamelee: :sheikmelee: :younglinkmelee: / :pikachumelee::jigglypuffmelee::mewtwomelee::pichumelee: 4/5/4
:mario2::luigi2::peach::bowser2: / :link2: :sheilda: :toonlink: :ganondorf: / :pikachu2::jigglypuff::lucario::charizard::squirtle::ivysaur: 4/5/6 ( :pt: Is not the offical character on brawl.)

So in conclusion im looking at this

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::rosalina: / :4link::4zelda::4sheik::4tlink::ganondorf: / :4pikachu::4lucario::4charizard::4greninja::jigglypuff::mewtwopm:
5/5/6 (or 5/6/6 if we get another zelda rep which is unlikely)

And lastly sorry bandana dee i lost hope on due to waddle dees being enemys in smash run.
Take it easy, that is just his opinion, opinions can't be incorrect.
Robins Chances are better than many might think. Almost as big as chrom i would say.
And you did forget Dr.Mario

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I have a bad feeling this place may get snippy in the next few days.

Remember to respect other people opinions but at the same time don't state opinions as fact.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
4 days. I can safely say this will probably make or break Pac-Man and Snake.

I'm just hoping for Ness/Lucas, Palutena, or Mewtwo. Any veteran, really. I'm also pretty confident we'll see a FE newcomer.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Remember to respect other people opinions but at the same time don't state opinions as fact.
ur dumb and a big poopy face!!

Seriously though, I'm really thinking we'll see a lot of stages at E3. We've only seen 24 across the two games; Brawl had 41.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I have a bad feeling this place may get snippy in the next few days.

Lines will be drawn. Sides will be taken. Blood will be spilled.

The Ridley confirmation/deconfirmation will be a big one.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Seriously though, I'm really thinking we'll see a lot of stages at E3. We've only seen 24 across the two games; Brawl had 41.
I hope there's a batter balance too. In melee nearly every series got two stages but Brawl had only one (new) stage for most series while Mario got the lion's share. I know Mario always got more stages than the others but 5 to Kirby and Star Fox's one each?

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I hope there's a batter balance too. In melee nearly every series got two stages but Brawl had only one (new) stage for most series while Mario got the lion's share. I know Mario always got more stages than the others but 5 to Kirby and Star Fox's one each?
So far we've gotten four Mario stages (NSMBU, 3D Land, MK7, SMG), sooo...there's that.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
With the reveal of Ike and the Colosseum, I'm definitely thinking we'll see some Fire Emblem-related goodness at E3.

Speaking of which, I've noticed a lot of people expect 3 characters total. Not trying to instill false hope, but remember that out of all Nintendo's games, Smash Bros. is the one they're focusing on big time. NFC figures, tournaments, Best Buy demos, they're depending on it to sell Wii Us. So they will do whatever it takes. And if that means K. Rool, Ridley and Mewtwo triple trailer, they will do it.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
The only reason we had 6 characters was due to Pokemon Trainers inclusion, with him/transformation characters gone I doubt we'll get any more than 5 (or more than the Mario series). It's not the first time a series character count went down between installments.

Villager, Mii, Robin... Who is the 4th?

Agree'd. Goroh or Black Bull. But mostly Goroh.

The Robin can have both female and male skins the same way the Villager & Wii fit trainer does.
Moveset potential? How so? Besides hair twirling, what can Dixie do that Diddy cannot? I'm willing to bet king K. Rool has a bigger move pool than Dixie based on the original DKC trilogy alone.

Why would Waddle Dee be in Yoshi game? And Prince Fluff has only appear in one game compared to Bandana dee's 6. But i guess fluff has a chance as it really boils down to moveset potential.

Pac-man? Yes. Ridley? HIGHLY questionable.
That's not even really a thing. Pokemon unquestionably had six characters, had Sakurai not wanted them to have 6, there wouldn't have been 6. He could have just used Charizard by himself back then if as some people like to put it "Squirtle and Ivysaur are just random pokemon". Squirtle and Ivysaur were chosen because he thought they'd be compelling characters, and they were used because of their status as Pokemon icons.
That's like saying that Zelda didn't really have 5 reps because Sheik and Zelda were shoehorned together. Sakurai considered them as individual playable characters. So Pokemon had 6, and Zelda had 5. It's also debatable as to whether Mario went down at all, Wario is essentially a psuedo-Mario rep, whether or not he has a different icon. If you bunch Yoshi and Wario together with the rest of the Mario characters, they had exactly the same number of reps as Pokemon. And if you apply the same logic to this game, then we could see 7 pokemon (which is pretty much what I'm expecting).

Wii Fit Trainers are also avatars.

Dixie has tons to cherry pick from: Hair, bubble gun, guitar, animal buddies, barrels, jet barrel (from barrel blast), hell they could even user her bubble gum. As much as I want K. Rool, he has 4 game traits to chose from: throwing a crown, shooting a blunderbuss, putting boxing gloves on and his flying machine. Obviously there's a moveset there, and there's more that he can do to flesh it out, but Dixie has more to pick from (it's not as if any other fighter uses their hair). Plus she has relevance on her side. (just for the record, K. Rool is my most wanted Nintendo newcomer).

Maybe I worded that poorly, but I didn't say anything about Waddle being in a Yoshi game. I was referring to whether Prince Fluff will return in Yoshi Yarn, as it's essentially a sequel to Kirby's Epic Yarn. I could easily see the Yarn series being used for different characters going into the Yarn universe with Fluff as the second player/plot device. And in terms of moveset, he has unlimited potential as he can literally transform into ANYTHING.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I expect one, have high hopes for three and pray for more but I'll take what they give me.

I hope all the Smash characters get NFC figures though. I'd buy the whole set, even if it bankrupted me.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Ridley's confirmation/deconfirmation is going to be the biggest in Smash history. Bigger than Sonic IMO. There are going to be a lot of HAPPY and a lot of PISSED OFF people. It's going to be extremely interesting to say the least.

I expect one, have high hopes for three and pray for more but I'll take what they give me.

I hope all the Smash characters get NFC figures though. I'd buy the whole set, even if it bankrupted me.
A Wolf O'Donnel figure would complete my life.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
*clears throat* Mari

Want to support Leon?
#Leonfor4

Ryan.

Smash Lord
4 days. I can safely say this will probably make or break Pac-Man and Snake.

I'm just hoping for Ness/Lucas, Palutena, or Mewtwo. Any veteran, really. I'm also pretty confident we'll see a FE newcomer.
I want/expect the same exact thing haha.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

if Ganondorf's move set goes to an F-Zero character i'd prefer someone who isn't just evil Captain Falcon.

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
Completely unrealistic yet awesome E3 reveal pattern based on the trophy quizzes in the Direct:

1) Marth and Ike come across an unconscious cloaked figure lying in the Collosseum only to be caught in a variety of magical traps; Robin tips the scales!
2) Link and Zelda fend off Bowser on Skyloft, but are distracted by someone's flashy overblown entrance; Ghirahim graces the battlefield!
3) Samus battles Pikachu, Kirby, and Olimar on the Pyrosphere; Ridley dwarfs the competition!
4) Pit is knocked off the arena on Palutena's Temple only to be saved by the Power of Flight; Palutena stages a divine intervention!

Dairz

Smash Ace
The speculation can end, because I have cracked the case that is, "E3 2014". This week's PotD's are obviously hints of E3. The NSMBU stage is a hint to a new Mario rep that appeared in NSMBU. Yes, it is clearly Wendy Koopa. Tortimer's Island is a hint to another turtle being playable. Squirtle returns, but he is now a clone of Little Mac due to time constraints. The boomerang confirms a character that is blue. *cough* Blue Mewtwo *cough* The Roost isn't actually a hint, but advice from Sakurai to drink some coffee during E3. Finally, we have Marth and Ike in a new stage. Marth + Ike = Mike. Mike Jones confirmed.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The speculation can end, because I have cracked the case that is, "E3 2014". This week's PotD's are obviously hints of E3. The NSMBU stage is a hint to a new Mario rep that appeared in NSMBU. Yes, it is clearly Wendy Koopa. Tortimer's Island is a hint to another turtle being playable. Squirtle returns, but he is now a clone of Little Mac due to time constraints. The boomerang confirms a character that is blue. *cough* Blue Mewtwo *cough* The Roost isn't actually a hint, but advice from Sakurai to drink some coffee during E3. Finally, we have Marth and Ike in a new stage. Marth + Ike = Mike. Mike Jones confirmed.
You may want this thread: Straw Graspin'

Top Bottom