• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Well technically they aren't operating on their own. The Pokemon Trainer orders from the sidelines. This is directly from the Dojo reveal:

I wonder why i didn't post this sooner, but yeah. Sakurai pretty much says all three of them act as 1. So yeah, sure you may count them as 3, but according to the big man they are each 1 third of the whole that is Pokemon Trainer. I really don't see how you can argue against this.
To be honest, I always thought them as 3 separate characters, because they arent exactly vital to one another. I could play the whole match as Squirtle and not have a problem. Lets compare PT to the IC.
  • Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard all have unique movesets; Popo and Nana have the same moveset.
  • If one of the Pokemon is KO'ed, it doesnt affect the other two; if Nana or Popo is KO'ed, it affects the way the other plays.
Here, the Ice Climbers are considered as one character, even though they are two people, but only because both are the same and benefit from the other's company. That cant be said for any of the Pokemon

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
To be honest, I always thought them as 3 separate characters, because they arent exactly vital to one another. I could play the whole match as Squirtle and not have a problem. Lets compare PT to the IC.
  • Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard all have unique movesets; Popo and Nana have the same moveset.
  • If one of the Pokemon is KO'ed, it doesnt affect the other two; if Nana or Popo is KO'ed, it affects the way the other plays.
Here, the Ice Climbers are considered as one character, even though they are two people, but only because both are the same and benefit from the other's company. That cant be said for any of the Pokemon
Your pretty wrong when it comes to that the pokemon have no benefit for being the same character. I switch to Charizard when I'm at higher percents, Squirtle at low percents, and Ivysaur when I feel like it.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
That's the thing, WE thought of them as 3 separate characters. However, they were intended by Sakurai and his team to be swapped in and out. That's why the implemented that lame fatigue mechanic and force switch out on K.O.

Also, I don't think it's appropriate to compare them to the Ice Climbers, I think Zelda & Shiek and Samus & ZSS are more appropriate as they two are characters that once had the transformation mechanic.

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
Before I do this, I am doing the grammar terribly on perpose, and I am trying to be un realistic, I am not setting myself up for disapointment
Okay evereyboady, I have a leek directely from Sakewreye him selph! He sede to me, this is howw it willl worke out! First there will be a screen then Banjo-kazewie moosic will pley! Den banjo will pop up and we all cheer! yay, then paluteneeea will punch him in the face and peeple will yay, but den he says ness is not playable, but then ness poops up and he says just kidding! and he throws an early coppppy of tha gam to evybody in de ausience!

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master

Boss and playable shock announcement, right?

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
4 days? Time sure does fly.... I remember E3 2013 last year... that Mega Man trailer... hopefully we get just as good of a trailer for another newcomer.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Very exciting. I'm both anxious and worried but head over heels for whats to come. I hope I'm wrong about all my predictions just so I am surprised in the utmost form! (except the whole Ridley thing, I'd like that to be true for the fanbases sake).

ecylisis

Smash Apprentice
I'm getting too hyped for my own good.

Smash Bros. and Zelda at the same event guys. We might even get Ridley. Or Captain Falcon finally.

ChillerDuu

Smash Cadet
You have no idea (well you probably do) how much this E3 is holding for us, how much we need to know. It's pretty much everything Nintendo is putting on the Wii U to save their system from it's lack luster beginnings. This is the E3 that kicks off a potential better future for Nintendo and the Smash Community as a whole. This is why I have never felt more anticipation in my life about something. Dare I say, this has to be the most important E3 I have the pleasure to see unfold.

This, my friends, is a long wait to something beautiful.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You have no idea (well you probably do) how much this E3 is holding for us, how much we need to know. It's pretty much everything Nintendo is putting on the Wii U to save their system from it's lack luster beginnings. This is the E3 that kicks off a potential better future for Nintendo and the Smash Community as a whole. This is why I have never felt more anticipation in my life about something. Dare I say, this has to be the most important E3 I have the pleasure to see unfold.

This my friends is a long wait to something beautiful.
You could pretty much say the same thing about last year's E3. It was when MK8 and SSB4 were announced after all.

Last edited:

ChillerDuu

Smash Cadet
You could pretty much say the same thing about last year's E3. It was when MK8 and SSB4 were announced after all.
Mmm, true. I don't know, I'm just feeling it more with this one. Maybe we just have more to expect and a potentially a lot more to see this time around; just more to be excited for really. You can definitely feel Nintendo is pulling out all the stops this time around or at least feel more assured they are. Then again, I wasn't quite as around all the hype last E3 as I am now so I can be wrong.

Just for me though, I am just totally losing it.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Mmm, true. I don't know, I'm just feeling it more with this one. Maybe we just have more to expect and a potentially a lot more to see this time around; just more to be excited for really. You can definitely feel Nintendo is pulling out all the stops this time around or at least feel more assured they are. Then again, I wasn't quite as around all the hype last E3 as I am now so I can be wrong.

Just for me though, I am just totally losing it.
I totally lose it at every E3.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Do you think it makes sense for Nintendo to make DLC for Smash via new characters, and those new POST-DEVELOPED characters can be downloaded via an NFC figure rather than just downloading it?

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
I find it so incredibly hard to believe that Smash 4 was shown off a whole year ago.. Time really flies. It's been an amazing journey guys, I hope you all have properly readied your bodies, 'cuz E3 is definitely going to be a hypefest.

Man, 4 days feels like forever when you're anticipating something this much. >.<

D

Deleted member

I find it so incredibly hard to believe that Smash 4 was shown off a whole year ago.. Time really flies. It's been an amazing journey guys, I hope you all have properly readied your bodies, 'cuz E3 is definitely going to be a hypefest.

Man, 4 days feels like forever when you're anticipating something this much. >.<
Technically it's only 3 days and 3 hours until Nintendos E3 event, but that doesn't make the wait any shorter.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Longest. Weekend. Ever.

Anyway, what OTHER kind of games do you think they will announce. I mean completely new ones. We already know about Smash (Duh) and Zelda, so what other games do you think we will see?

Maybe:

• Mario Party U
  • New 2D Metroid for 3DS.
  • Rhythm Heaven U
  • A New Paper Mario Game for Wii U (It has been awhile)
  • Shiggy's new IP

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Longest. Weekend. Ever.

Anyway, what OTHER kind of games do you think they will announce. I mean completely new ones. We already know about Smash (Duh) and Zelda, so what other games do you think we will see?

Maybe:

• Mario Party U
  • Rhythm Heaven U
  • Shiggy's new IP
Mario Party U seems like a safe bet.Maybe some Star Fox or Metroid too, and hopefully that Mario Maker. And I want lots of Zelda.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Longest. Weekend. Ever.

Maybe:

• Mario Party U
  • Rhythm Heaven U
  • Shiggy's new IP
IMO its way too soon for a new Mario Party. Island Tour came out just 3 months ago in Japan, after all. A new 2D Metroid would be interesting though.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Sakurai has actually said multiple times that he Counts the Trainer's Pokémon as seperate characters~

Anyways,

@ R R0Y
Yes, there will be at least one Ridley at E3. I expect and hope for a playable one, but I have a harrd time deciding if I Think there will be a playable AND a boss. It would make sense.

I feel that the playability of PacMan, Ridley, and Snake all hangs on this E3, tbh. I hope they make it.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Well technically they aren't operating on their own. The Pokemon Trainer orders from the sidelines. This is directly from the Dojo reveal:

I wonder why i didn't post this sooner, but yeah. Sakurai pretty much says all three of them act as 1. So yeah, sure you may count them as 3, but according to the big man they are each 1 third of the whole that is Pokemon Trainer. I really don't see how you can argue against this.

LET'S GOOOOO!!!
Sakurai says there are 39 characters in Brawl. So of course he doesn't count them as one.

Longest. Weekend. Ever.

Maybe:

• Mario Party U
  • Rhythm Heaven U
  • Shiggy's new IP
I'm guessing:

Miyamoto's new IP
Mario Galaxy 3
Metroid
Star Fox.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Sakurai says there are 39 characters in Brawl. So of course he doesn't count them as one.
Again, yes there are 39 characters, But that doesn't disprove that the 3 are meant to fight as 1. That's like saying there are 5 Power Rangers, But they sill fight as one in a megazord.

ALSO:
3 More days!

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
3 more days to go, boy I can't wait to see what Nintendo has in store for E3:

My guesses:

- Pokken Fighters
- S.T.E.A.M (Strike Team Eliminating the Alien Menace)
- New Starfox, F-Zero, Metroid game?

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
I think Starfox, F-Zero and Metroid are currently too weakened franchises for Wii U games - HD games are expensive and the Wii U has a small potential base for sales.

But 3DS games to reignite the franchises at a smaller cost with a bigger audience? Swansongs before the 3DS successor gets unveiled late next year/early 2016? Maybe. I sure hope so. Nintendo can't rely on Mario and smaller IPs inbetween Zeldas forever.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Nintendo's show at E3 is my favourite event of the year. And I honestly believe this year will be one of the best yet.

I'm so fricken pumped.

Seventy. Five. Hours.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Oh lord, we're counting down. I don't know if my body is ready.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Just to say, I won't be able to count it down hour by hour, especially considering I'm in a different time zone from most of you bu I'll update it every time a milestone passes, assuming I'm awake.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Just to say, I won't be able to count it down hour by hour, especially considering I'm in a different time zone from most of you bu I'll update it every time a milestone passes, assuming I'm awake.
Hour my hour would be way too strenuous.. I'm just going to read, exercise and play EarthBound until E3.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
3 Days. Wow. I can't believe it's been almost a year since I joined. I could cry.

But I am fairly certain we will learn the fate of Ridley at E3. That is what I'm interested in. Also the fate of Snake and Pac-Man. Gosh, I'm so excited... hoping for a FE newcomer, and Palutena. And Lucas of course!

MrGameandBalls

Smash Apprentice
Tommorow it'll be Day 2, the day after that Day 3, and the day of e3 a video of the moon crashing :p

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Oh man, we're getting so close. This is my favorite part of the year.

Just as a little aside, I wanna say, thanks to everyone whos been on the boards since last E3 to make the speculation worthwhile! Between the late Miiverse Updates and Nintendo Directs, the hype and fun was always a blast on this forum. I fear with thee onslaught of details we'll be getting at E3 that we won't see some of the same names as much on the site and new faces will be coming in. This is great, but I just wanted to say thanks for the good times. Years to come I'll remember the speculation and hype revolving around this game, and it pretty much tops Brawls (Atleast for me.)

Staarih

Smash Master
Mario Kart, Wind Waker, and Pikmin 3 here (:
I have the exact three games which I'm playing to kill time haha! Was thinking of adding Earthbound from the eShop to them as I've always wanted to try it out but haven't so far.

I've noticed that my beloved laptop doesn't handle the heat very well (it's been super hot these days!) and it becomes quite noisy and slow. C'mon laptop, all I need is for you to survive next week, you can do it! Another option would be for me to do a rain dance or whatever to cool the weather down a bit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom