• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Wobz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
WobzGames
I strongly believe the game will come out in July because almost all of the 3ds content has been shown so I think E3 will be dedicated to the Wii U version. Though there will probably be close to 15 newcomers, Sakurai has been really secret with his characters, but it is hard to determine whether he is finished with the roaster

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I'm down with a new Star Fox. About time they took a crack at the series again to try to revive the series.

I found this leak I need your help to see if it is legit (Seems it to me)
From what I've been hearing and seeing, this is fake.

Wobz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
WobzGames
Some of this stuff seems likely though such as Gamecube games on the Wii U virtual console

I'm hoping too find out what controllers you will be able to play with on the Wii U version. If the Classic controller is usable I can use my Gamecube adapter

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
That's a pretty epic countdown pic for three weeks. I can't wait to see what will show up the night before.

Hopefully more official Nintendo announcements like the Q and A session will come out soon to both fuel speculation and start knocking out the most likely fake E3 line up leaks.
Probably the Gif going out of control, moving in an Earthquake type manner.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
One of the reasons I find it hard to believe is there's absolutely nothing for the "casual" market, in terms of like say, new Mii games or an addon to Wii Fit U, or even any addons or software updates of any kind listed.

Seems more like a wishlist, although if they really are focusing all on the games this time, and it includes an HD Starfox game, ****in' bring it!

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
This happens to be more credible than the prior list, as it has no Mario Kart 8 on this, something that the former list was proven fake by. Plus, since Nintendo didn't announce a title for the Wii U Zelda, and the fact it's still TBA 2015, even out of this list, seems to give credibility to this list. Also, most of what's on this list have been announced for E3, with the exception of some.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
This happens to be more credible than the prior list, as it has no Mario Kart 8 on this, something that the former list was proven fake by.
While I don't personally believe any of the leaks, I don't really see how that was a red flag. Primarily because it could've been for DLC or something. Also, because some other events (like Comic-Con) where they have demos of unreleased games (like, last year they had Bayonetta 2 and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and other regurgitated E3 demos), companies have had games that were already out.

Like, NYCC in 2012 had Resident Evil 6 playable, and it had been out for most of the month already.

Again, I don't believe the leak, but I don't think MK8 and Watch_Dogs (which will also be out) necessarily disproves it.

One of the reasons I find it hard to believe is there's absolutely nothing for the "casual" market, in terms of like say, new Mii games or an addon to Wii Fit U, or even any addons or software updates of any kind listed.

Seems more like a wishlist, although if they really are focusing all on the games this time, and it includes an HD Starfox game, ****in' bring it!
Well, Nintendo did say "this is the one you've been waiting for" or something. People watching E3 aren't waiting for casual games. Haha, but I jest.

Yeah, the biggest problem with all of these leaks are that 90% of them are either extremely safe (not announcing anything actually new, and anything that is new is extremely vague) or too good to be true (every game someone wants, and all the franchises people have been waiting for). Some are also too specific in certain areas, but not in other areas. And barely any of them mention the NFC, which we already know will be at E3.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I don't Believe that sheet either, though it doesn't look bad when it comes to content, I must say.
I think that the most incriminating factor about the sheets is that they're too good. We haven't had a solid E3 presentation for Nintendo in ages, so they all just look WAY too good to be true.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I think that the most incriminating factor about the sheets is that they're too good. We haven't had a solid E3 presentation for Nintendo in ages, so they all just look WAY too good to be true.
On the contrary I think they look pretty lack-luster as listings go, and feel Nintendo have to really pull it out of the bag this year... so I don't think they're exciting enough to be true...

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
On the contrary I think they look pretty lack-luster as listings go, and feel Nintendo have to really pull it out of the bag this year... so I don't think they're exciting enough to be true...
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Smash 3DS releasing in July? Star Fox Wii U? A new Metroid? A new F-Zero? That screams great presentation to me, which is why I'm 100% skeptical.

So I suppose I'll just have to hope you're right and these come true. ;)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Nintendo is allowing 3000 fans into the invitational. And they'll stream it live from twitch and youtube which may or may not be the same thing by the time. 4pm on the Tuesday.

Fools Requiem

Smash Cadet
You may think R.O.B. had a crummy moveset, but we don't.
You and 5 other people from an internet forum may think he has a interesting moveset, but that doesn't mean everyone has the same feeling.
It's just a speculation of something that could be a possibility. Doesn't mean it's going to happen, but R.O.B. is a very expendible character, just like Wolf, Toon Link, at least on of the Pokemon Trainer Pokemons, and maybe even Lucas.

But let me ask you this: Are you basing your opinions on GamesRadar? Just curious because you and them have the same argument about R.O.B. In truth, you shouldn't rely on GamesRadar for Smash speculation! They've been wrong three times already.
No, I don't follow GamesRadar. Also, speculation doesn't mean they're passing it off as fact... unless they're Fox News.

Unless he speculates that R.O.B is going to be revealed as an assist trophy during e3.
Or if someone else posted their predictions and I branched off of their post with a legitimate possibility.

Not sure how many Assist Trophys have been confirmed so far, but I'd expect a lot more to make an appearance in the playable demo at E3... same with Pokemon from the Pokeballs. Also, if there's to be another third party character, expect him/her to pop up here. They're not going to wait til the game's official release to show a character inclusion that could possibly increase the amount of hype towards the game... say someone like Pacman who has been highly speculated.

Also more alternate costumes should be announced/shown. Paper Mario and Dr. Mario as an Alt for Mario, Daisy as and alt for Peach, Shadow as an alt for Sonic... and so forth.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
I remember Sakurai hinting a while back at characters being cut... if anyone is cut and ROB is left in I'll probably be pissed as well

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129

August 14th release date...

I think it's pretty safe to say we'll see a fair bit of this... possibly as one of the demos on the floor/stream.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@ F Fools Requiem
Pretty sure there's a ton of people that like ROB's moveset. And I see no reason for him to be cut, for many reasons. Plus, he is a damn important character~

Anyways, Hyrule Warriors looks awesome.

Scan Info

Producer: Hisashi Koinuma, Yosuke Hayashi
Supervisor: Eiji Aonuma
Developer: ω-Force・Team NINJA
Link sets off to rescue Princess Zelda, who has been kidnapped by the evil witch Shia.
The magazine introduces Link, Impa, Shia, and some of her minions (whose names start with 'Va' and 'Wi').
Location includes Hyrule Field
Interview with Koinuma, Hayashi, and Aonuma. Says there's some unexpected playable characters.

oGr33n

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3050-7615-9118
One problem with this list is that it has "X from Monolith Soft" and "Various 3rd party titles". Seriously, if they confirmed what these titles are, why don't they have the official names for any of them.
All the other titles are either sequels or likely predictions, which anybody could have come up with.

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't Nintendo use the grey logo now? Can't remember the last time I saw the red logo! x:

It's hard to believe we're only 20 days away. Melee's reveal video always gets me really hype for Nintendo during E3. I'm hoping they don't let us down!

Top Bottom