• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Trauma Centre Wii U... The rumour hit my grapevine and now I want it bad!
EXPLAIN YOURSELF, FOOLISH MORTAL. I WISH TO KNOW OF THIS RUMOR.

No, but seriously, I love Trauma Center, and I wanna know what you're talking about.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
EXPLAIN YOURSELF, FOOLISH MORTAL. I WISH TO KNOW OF THIS RUMOR.

No, but seriously, I love Trauma Center, and I wanna know what you're talking about.
The rumour's generally believed to be false, and originated from this. Obviously, with retrospect this seems to be Conception II, but back then people jumped to the Trauma Center conclusion, and queue a collection of completely unsubstantiated 'I heard from a friend' type rumours that aren't worth listenning to... but it has hit my radar again because of the Conception II release, and it reminded me how awesome it would be!

The only article I could find from back in the rumour's day, note how the site no longer updates and got practically nothing right...

Morbi

Scavenger
I still say we'll get a reveal per Direct Event, and given how likely it is that we're getting a Zelda Direct (new game and Hyrule Warriors.. though this could be reworked Ganondorf), Dragon Quest Direct (VII Remake and X in the west, XI in Japan), X Direct and Smash Direct, plus the main direct I'd say 5 is a decent number.

Add in the smaller possibilities (Mario Direct for new 3D mario game/3DS 2d game? Pokéon direct for the first X&Y expansion/Ruby Sapphire Remakes? Bayonetta Direct (that probably wouldn't get a character though)? Fatal Frame Direct? Indie Direct?) and I can see there being a lot of Events and a lot of characters...

Outside of Smash I've gotta add another game to my wishlist for the E3 reveal: Trauma Centre Wii U... The rumour hit my grapevine and now I want it bad!
Well; now you have me hyped for a Zelda Direct. Ganondorf is the only character that I care to learn about prior to release.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
Am i the only one who wan't Non specific action figure to get his own game?
along with playable move set for smash Xd.
I just want a nintendo variant of deadpool really. More 4th wall breaking that KI:U please.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Personally, I still banking on Palutena, Ridley, and Mewtwo being revealed at E3, in that specific order.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
[Psst] If your right claim you have a source that you didn't trust well.
Hell yeah, sources are the best scapegoats!

But yeah, I only predict that order because Palutena is the most obviously due to the still not debunked picture proof. So she can be revealed first to get her out of the way. Then Ridley to answer all those people who think he's still a boss when Sakurai trolled and insinuated he was. So he's the 2nd reveal. Finally, Mewtwo will be last to create the most hype, as he pretty much is the most requested character.

And those 3 reveals will blow the hype meter and lead to higher sales, I'd think.

D

Deleted member

[Psst] If your right claim you have a source that you didn't trust well.
I'm predicting Palutena, Shulk, Mewtwo, Ridley and Chrom
*one of them is confirmed*
I was actually leaking information, the others are still coming along with Navi, Anthony higgs and that character from Donkey Kong

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo:
  • NFC capabilities shown; games include: Sonic Boom, Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, possibly retroactive updates with Rayman Legends and others to help improve replayability. (Disney Infinity and Skylanders will not use it, however.)
  • Project STEAM is a Wii U first-person shooter; graphics are less realistic, storyline that has some humor/lightheartedness; game will be developed by High Voltage Software and supervised by Nintendo.
  • Nothing mentioned of Retro's project(s).
  • Very little shown of X.
  • Very little shown of Yarn Yoshi (if anything).
  • New Bayonetta 2 trailer; release date, etc.
  • Nothing mentioned of QoL project.
  • Hyrule Warriors playable + release date + trailer.
  • New Legend of Zelda teaser trailer. 2015.
  • Animal Crossing revealed.
Smash Bros:
  • 3DS release date.
  • Intergration between 3DS and Wii U shown.
  • Assist Trophies NFC figurines (use AT for in-game battles); individual fighters for customizable moves.
  • No firm Wii U release date (still Winter 2014).
  • Pac-Man revealed, plus an often-requested fighter (not sure who...possibly along the lines of Palutena, even though I dont' think she'll be in the game; but someone like her). Other veterans will be shown, such as Captain Falcon.
  • Miis will be revealed before E3 with a new Nintendo Direct that features the new OS update + Tamodachi collection + N64 VC + E3 plans. Miis will not be playable on E3 floor or have a big presence at the show.
  • Wario will be revealed on Miiverse before E3 for Mario Kart's release.
Etc.:
  • Sega announces Shenmue for download on consoles + PC.
  • In an unprecedented move, Sega and Yu Suzuki announce a joint Shenmue 3 kickstarter. Sega will say that they realize there's a huge demand for Shenmue 3, but with a large undertaking like that, they can't afford to do it by themselves; will spin it as "Sega helping fans help themselves."
  • NiGHTS and the House of the Dead announced for 3DS.

Showmethesmash

Smash Rookie
No firm Winter 2014 would kind-of suck. I mean, if they're that close, at least an idea like a month? Please? Though I'm personally banking on at least one more Smash Direct.
I don't think you will get one, would be great though. E3 just over a month, 3ds version out a month or two after that, they won't have time!!!

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I don't think you will get one, would be great though. E3 just over a month, 3ds version out a month or two after that, they won't have time!!!
Uh, between the 3DS version and the Wii U version being out, that's still a lot of time.

The game goes gold on the Wii U shortly after it comes out on the 3DS.

Showmethesmash

Smash Rookie
Uh, between the 3DS version and the Wii U version being out, that's still a lot of time.

The game goes gold on the Wii U shortly after it comes out on the 3DS.
Yeah, I guess your right, there could be a direct on the differences between the two to bait all those 3ds owners on the fence to pick up both versions. I don't think that would be a fully dedicated smash direct though, more likely a portion of a nintendo direct that discusses other titles post e3 as well.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Not gonna lie, it feels like a generation has passed since the first announcement of SSB4. I've been waiting to play a portable SSB for a long time. Best part of all- I got my character. This is the final stretch, and it'll be longer than Brawl's wait. Ought to be fun.

Oh and Mewtwo is not returning. *flees*

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Not gonna lie, it feels like a generation has passed since the first announcement of SSB4. I've been waiting to play a portable SSB for a long time. Best part of all- I got my character. This is the final stretch, and it'll be longer than Brawl's wait. Ought to be fun.

I really hope you're trolling here. If not, what source did you get it from? *gets pitchfork* xD

Luigi#1

Smash Champion

I...actually agree and don't think Mewtwo is that big.
[Flees with you]

D

Deleted member

I stopped caring for any Pokemon when Greninja was announced *feels*(not a typo)
Doesn't matter who gets in or not, as long as they are cool to play as, it's more like a bonus than anything

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
Biggest thing I'm looking forward to is seeing which players they choose for the tournament. Hoping they explain to the 16 players how the new engine works or they'll look like they have no clue what they are doing.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Biggest thing I'm looking forward to is seeing which players they choose for the tournament. Hoping they explain to the 16 players how the new engine works or they'll look like they have no clue what they are doing.
I think they'll have some practice and friendlies before hand.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
My right kidney is tingly. That usually happens when something really good is on the horizon.

Ridley and K. Rool confirmed.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Were I to guess what we would see at E3, I'd say:
Veterans:
Wario
C. Falcon
Ness/Lucas
Ice Climbers
A 5th veteran.

Newcomers:
Pac-Man
Ridley
Mewtwo(Not technically a newcomer, but given the newcomer treatment.)

Morbi

Scavenger
This is one of the competitive scenes big shots to work with Nintendo. Hoping the 16 players behave.
I am actually curious as to what this will yield for the future of competitive Smash. I don't think the 16 players are going to "not behave" or whatever, hopefully, they are humbled by the experience.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I don't really keep up with competitive scene (and by that I mean I have almost no experience with it), are the top players the kind of guys one would expect to misbehave? I would imagine people who are really good ad video games could be assholes. But, uh, maybe he meant not leak privileged information by behave.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Eh, I could care less about competitive play, I've seen the worst at PAX, and I'm not willing to see it again, especially at E3
By the worst do you mean the worst gaming or attitudes?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Mewtwo is one of them, if not THE most wanted character for Smash4, has gotten a new Movie, two MegaEvolutions, is very relevant again, ans has a huge fanbase in Smash. He is amazingly likely to return. :p

I don't expect him at E3, though. I Think he will be hidden, together with Jiggly.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I really hope you're trolling here. If not, what source did you get it from? *gets pitchfork* xD
Oh, In a private meeting I've had with Sakurai, my friend.

We had coffee, donuts, and we were laughing our asses off as we imagined the Mewtwo tears and rage that would be unleashed this Summer. And Greninja is god tier. Just to put :salt: on the wound.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Were I to guess what we would see at E3, I'd say:
Veterans:
Wario
C. Falcon
Ness/Lucas
Ice Climbers
A 5th veteran.

Newcomers:
Pac-Man
Ridley
Mewtwo(Not technically a newcomer, but given the newcomer treatment.)
No Palutena?

Also, here's what I would like in E3:
Instead of having demos on the Eshop or the show floor, have small stands where you could play 1-on-1 matches with a friend, one of them playing as a newcomer, to show people the uniqueness of most of the newcomer characters, such as seeing Villager or Rosalina play.

In the reveals, for veterans they should show Wario (maybe give him a new side-B, showcase that), Ice Climbers (to show off duos, and possibly nerf them), and Meta Knight (show what replaces his gliding).
Newcomers should be at least 3 like last time, but throughout the whole Nintendo live stream during E3, show them all at different times. For example, maybe they can detail Tomadachi Life a bit, then show Mii. Introduce Palutena along with the basic Smash Bros news, and maybe instead of a third newcomer they could talk a little bit more in-depth on Greninja.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Ridley is too king size to be an enjoyable cheeseburger.

Or something like that.

But either way, it'd be awesome if he does actually become playable. Him versus Charizard would be epic.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Let's all agree not to spam every thread with Majora's Mask "X Hours Remain" pictures this time
You can spam THIS thread with them as long as you include a worthwhile statement with it. Still more than 30 days to go until we worry about that.

Top Bottom