• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Don't try to turn this around on me, I don't deserve ANY grief for what I believe, nobody does. The only reason I scolded you is because your tone made me think you made the hasty assumption that I knew nothing of the 3 game deal in the first place. The deal wasn't made until last summer, but there were still some Nintendo Exclusive games before that. I have at my house one of said games.
And I said nothing to suggest that that wasn't the case. As I said - I simply corrected you on your perceived importance of the exclusivity. You proceeded to jump down my throat. Don't be so highly strung.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
And I said nothing to suggest that that wasn't the case. As I said - I simply corrected you on your perceived importance of the exclusivity. You proceeded to jump down my throat. Don't be so highly strung.
Tbh, normally I wouldn't predict that kinda thing, but this is Sonic Boom we're talking about.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I Think someone here is a Little too much of a Sonicolic.

Anyways, E3. If they show Three Smash Newcomers like last E3 (Three characters kinda fits E3), then I expect them to start off Big. Literally, with Ridley. Then bring on the Third Party hype, in PacMan. And then, at show floor, show off Mii (like they did with WFT). ^^

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I think Shulk is likely for the inevitable X tie-in.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I think Shulk is likely for the inevitable X tie-in.
I already have him as one of my predictions, I'm sure he'll be playable
I Think someone here is a Little too much of a Sonicolic.
Gee, that was real clever...
There's a difference between a fan guy and an expert, which I am both. Numbers don't lie.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
There's a difference between a fan guy and an expert, which I am both. Numbers don't lie.
Well, you ah...
If somebody says anything that does't help Sonic get a second rep/more games/ etc, you kinda accuse them of being anti Sonic, giving you grief, etc. That kinda is being a fanboy.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I already have him as one of my predictions, I'm sure he'll be playable

What Luigi said. And that wasn't suppose to be clever. I do recommend you won't be as biased when it comes to Sonic in the future. ^^

Ahem. Anyways. Let's hope there's a new MegaMan game, exclusive to the Wii-U, announced. It would fit, as Nintendo has given him more love than his creators have in years.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
What Luigi said. And that wasn't suppose to be clever. I do recommend you won't be as biased when it comes to Sonic in the future. ^^

Ahem. Anyways. Let's hope there's a new MegaMan game, exclusive to the Wii-U, announced. It would fit, as Nintendo has given him more love than his creators have in years.
I still don't see how I'm biased, I look into how things go between Nintendo and third party companies, a lot.
Anyway, I'm not a huge MegaMan guy, if there was a MegaMan game that worked like either Zelda, Metroid Prime, or Sonic Adventure, that would be something for E3.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
I still don't see how I'm biased, I look into how things go between Nintendo and third party companies, a lot.
Anyway, I'm not a huge MegaMan guy, if there was a MegaMan game that worked like either Zelda, Metroid Prime, or Sonic Adventure, that would be something for E3.
But the thing is, you say you do your research, but only come out with remarks regarding a Sega buyout that lack foundation. Hell, you didn't even have an argument to counteract the fact that your statement on Sega's 'struggling' financial state was false the other day.

It's cool to be a fan of Sonic - just don't be blinded by it. It's seeming more and more like you'll attack anybody who says anything that you deem to be anti-Sega. We're all Nintendo fans - why jump down people's throats just because they don't share your assumption?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
But the thing is, you say you do your research, but only come out with remarks regarding a Sega buyout that lack foundation. Hell, you didn't even have an argument to counteract the fact that your statement on Sega's 'struggling' financial state was false the other day.

It's cool to be a fan of Sonic - just don't be blinded by it. It's seeming more and more like you'll attack anybody who says anything that you deem to be anti-Sega. We're all Nintendo fans - why jump down people's throats just because they don't share your assumption?
Most of the time it feels like those kinda people think I don't know some random important point that would screw me over. I didn't say they were doing bad, I only said something that suggested maybe they could be doing better, losing that many workers is pretty serious business if you ask me. And it's not just Sonic's involvement I support, I also support Chrom and Shulk, which have high confidence already, so I don't need to talk about them if they have that much support.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Since nintendo just gave their plan for e3, IT'S PREDICTION TIME!!!

At least one trailer announcing at least one newcomer. This is my expectation and it would be very surprising that it doesn't happen.

For veterans, a lot of choice so hight possibility of seeing multiple one but at least one and I think it will be mew two (at least one is expectation, mew two and more is speculation).

Now this is what I expect what I hope and is possible is:

Newcomer
(one or all of the first 2 announced would make my day)

Paper mario (no biais here the James Anderson leak has a hight chance to talk about a paper mario game but if it's the case, the game would have been in development for at least a year and a half. Imagine how fitting it would be to announce the game + characters and all rep at the same time. btw, the Rosalina trailer was a merge between ssb4 and mk8 I think it could happen there.)
Ridley (if he ever does that, Sakurai is the best troll EVER)
Palutena (why she hasn't been announced already?)
Chrom

Veteran
(at least 2 of them because really, we need more veteran announcement)

Wario (same as palutena)
Captain falcon (hype enough for e3)
Ness (this one I'm wondering why he was not announced)
Ganondorf (please declone him)
ice climbers

Expected new info

More on customization (this one is a given)
Connectivity between systems (same)
new adventure mode on wiiu (melee please)

Outside of smash

Zelda wiiu (a trailer with reveal of ganondorf would be fitting)
paper mario game (said why earlier)
new metroid prime like by retro (I wish…)

My minimum to be happy is one newcomer (which will happen).
good points, and PM would be a worthy E3 reveal, but what's the james Anderson leak?

andimidna

Smash Master
My unlikely predictions: (Newcomers)
(If I'm right then suddenly I'll have a source just like Sal :p)

1. Palutena - most likely newcomer in general that has become around the 3rd most requested character, and is definitely hype-worthy
2. Pac-Man - the 2nd most likely newcomer in general and is a third party
3. Ridley - he's the most iconic character left, and most requested, he's been teased to not be playable to no end, but I'm not buying it, and if he was a secret character that would be so anti-climactic...
4. Ghirahim - Ok, so he's not the most likely newcomer pick... but I think the main 3 series are getting 6 characters, there is so much SS content and no character, and his theme being played all over the E3 announcement video fills my hearts with rainbows... enough to get hopeful.
5+6. King K Rool/Dixie Kong- DK HYPE.
7. Chrom (with or without partner) - Because.
8. Anna - To celebrate her birthday! ;P
9. Mach Rider - I'm starting to think he's the most likely retro. I think he beats both Takamaru and Lip now.
10. Chorus Kids - they could sneak in a wtf character alongside the hype choices like last E3

Honorable Mentions: Shulk, Bayonetta, Isaac, Takamaru, Bowser Jr, Robin, Krystal, Mii, Captain Rainbow

Veterans:

1. Captain Falcon
2. Wario (If he's not confirmed on the 30th)
3. Ness
4. Mewtwo
5. Ganondorf
6. Snake
7. Meta Knight
8. Ice Climbers
9. Falco
10. Ike or Jigglypuff

Honorable Mentions: Everybody else except Red, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Young Link, Dr. Mario, Roy, and Pichu :p

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Ugh enough of this sonic sega banter

Lets now hope for the only third party that really matters besides pac man for E3

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
4. Ghirahim - Ok, so he's not the most likely newcomer pick... but I think the main 3 series are getting 6 characters, there is so much SS content and no character, and his theme being played all over the E3 announcement video fills my hearts with rainbows... enough to get hopeful.
I'd die with freaking happiness. I'm actually leaning towards this too, out of any Nintendo theme to use, it was Ghirahim's Theme.

Funnily enough, I mentioned this in the Straw Grasping thread as well. Seriously, he'd be perfect, and he's in Zelda Wii U he will definitely be in Smash.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Interesting, I also remember hearing that he said he already had plans for another paper Mario game but he can't say what they were.
Wow, it's the second time you forgot important info (I didn't know about that he explicitly talked about it and I googled his name). Next time, take note in a txt file it's not for nothing that it's called "notepad".

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wow, it's the second time you forgot important info (I didn't know about that he explicitly talked about it and I googled his name). Next time, take note in a txt file it's not for nothing that it's called "notepad".
Sorry, I just post what I have read. I know where it's at, nintendolife has it, I am trying to pull up the exact article. They were interviewing him about the game and he said he is working on a new PM/hinted towards it, but I am pretty sure he says he is working on one. Let me go look, I will edit it in when I find it.

Edit: Got It: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/11/interview_the_team_behind_paper_mario_sticker_star

He says he is currently interested in making a new game in the series but can't say anything about it right now.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I had the most horrible dream where I got the game and Palutena's only appearance was in Pit's victory screen. Let's hope that's not prophetic.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I love how ever since the LittlePacMii leak everyone who predicts things prefaces it with "my unlikely predictions".

Anyway, I think it will be similar as last year: 6 veteran reveals, 3 newcomers.
All of the vets will probably be at the demos.

My guess:

1. Captain Falcon
2. Wario
3. Meta Knight
4. Ice Climbers
5. Falco
6. Snake

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I found the article, sorry for quoting you twice, just wanted to let you know. I edited it in to my last post.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Sorry, I just post what I have read. I know where it's at, nintendolife has it, I am trying to pull up the exact article. They were interviewing him about the game and he said he is working on a new PM/hinted towards it, but I am pretty sure he says he is working on one. Let me go look, I will edit it in when I find it.

Edit: Got It: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/11/interview_the_team_behind_paper_mario_sticker_star

He says he is currently interested in making a new game in the series but can't say anything about it right now.
Hum... no overworld because easier segmentation, the stickers mechanic to try be different than the series which explains the partner but I just remembered one thing:

This game was released on an handheld NOT on home console

And I think that they did those design choices to be designed for an handheld but on home console, they would not do that. Which means that yes there's a possibility to see RPG elements from the first 2 games to FINALLY come back!

Also, I tough you talked about James but this article is interesting but I think that yes they did choices that are, imo, doubtful ESPECIALLY if I look at TTYD but it somehow tells me that it was done because of handheld and they probably could've ONLY develop this game on the 3ds because the wiiu was released one week after the release of sticker star. But now, the wiiu is ready and if we see a paper mario game there, I think that we will NOT see something as disapointhing as sticker star.

Conclusion, this article tells me that the next paper mario game has chances to not be disappointing (please rpg elements).

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I had the most horrible dream where I got the game and Palutena's only appearance was in Pit's victory screen. Let's hope that's not prophetic.
I had a dream where DK and Diddy were fighting and of all characters BANJO comes out with a two announcements, Nintendo bought back Rare and Banjo is in smash. I have to say I was hyped.

Point is, for better or for worse, dreams don't come true usually.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I had a dream where DK and Diddy were fighting and of all characters BANJO comes out with a two announcements, Nintendo bought back Rare and Banjo is in smash. I have to say I was hyped.

This would be the pre cursor for world peace

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

I liked this for the beautiful life lesson you taught me... aim low.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hum... no overworld because easier segmentation, the stickers mechanic to try be different than the series which explains the partner but I just remembered one thing:

This game was released on an handheld NOT on home console

And I think that they did those design choices to be designed for an handheld but on home console, they would not do that. Which means that yes there's a possibility to see RPG elements from the first 2 games to FINALLY come back!

Also, I tough you talked about James but this article is interesting but I think that yes they did choices that are, imo, doubtful ESPECIALLY if I look at TTYD but it somehow tells me that it was done because of handheld and they probably could've ONLY develop this game on the 3ds because the wiiu was released one week after the release of sticker star. But now, the wiiu is ready and if we see a paper mario game there, I think that we will NOT see something as disapointhing as sticker star.

Conclusion, this article tells me that the next paper mario game has chances to not be disappointing (please rpg elements).
Agreed, if it's wii u then we need more elements from tyod, and bring the partners back! In the first sticker star trailer it looked like chAin chomp was your partner but he never made final version.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So seeing that Dillon was one of the assist trophies which was not shown on the Smash Bros. Direct, does anyone think that they will unveil more unrevealed assist trophies at E3?

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Can't believe it's just next month. Has it been a year already since it was first announced? Time certainly does fly!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well Dillon was revealed today so there's still going to be stuff in the Miiverse pictures. Maybe we'll get a veteran in the run-up. Still a month and 10 days to go, just about.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Personally I am predicting that Miyamoto's new "mystery game" will be revealed at E3, and then the main character will be revealed for Smash. Knowing Sakurai, he'll probably troll around, but we'll likely see this character in Smash.

Top Bottom