• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Tails_Glados_Puff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Console ban tho
I assume Sakurai will announce more info about the linking of the Wii U version and 3DS version. In the direct he said it was going to occur and some sort of linkage would happen, however he never said what. I assume it would be some sort of trophy sharing or other interactions of that nature, but it is possible cross-play may be a feature. Lastly, we will of course have some character reveals.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Oh, also a closer look at that mysterious Pokken Fighters hopefully this year.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Olimar was the last revealed character for Brawl right? and he seemed like an obvious choice so I'm thinking Pac-man and Palutena.

Tails_Glados_Puff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Console ban tho
Olimar was the last revealed character for Brawl right? and he seemed like an obvious choice so I'm thinking Pac-man and Palutena.
Sweet double post. Anyways, yeah i'm sure Namco will want a third party character from their company to be recognized. It is possible we might see Lloyd though.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
My E3 predictions:
-Smash WiiU ha been delayed to 2015.
-Ubisoft delays Watch Dogs 1 to 2016.
-Ubisoft announces Watch Dogs 2 will be released in 2015.
-Miiverse will be a stage.
-Every character has a Final Destination form.
-There are no new veterans or newcomers in Smash 3DS and WiiU. None.
Last revealed character *before* release that was officially revealed, yes.
No, he was the last officially revealed newcomer. Sheik was revealed after that.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I guess this means they will have Direct again. Aw, I hoped for a normal conferance. A Direct may be better in a lot of ways, but it doesn't FEEL like E3 when it's like that.

Oh well, we will get a LOAD of Smash footage at and around E3. XD Can't wait for GameXplain to manage all this.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
For the Mario Kart discussion a few pages back, I hope King Boo gets one of those last slots, but it looks like they'll be skipping him this time around at present, unfortunately.

On the topic of Nintendo at E3, it definitely looks like they're primarily doing video feeds again, rather than a live presentation. I think their idea of streaming people playing the games on the floor is great though as it allows more people who aren't there to experience the new games.

Due to the tournament, I expect they will reveal a new character either right before or after the final round, when people will be already tuned into the game. It'd be awesome if after the final match of the tournament it suddenly flashes "Challenger Approaching", plays a CGI trailer, and then the tournament winner battles Mewtwo/Pacman/Ridley/other hyped newcomer.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Looks like Nintendo is putting a lot of focus on Smash Bros. Ladies, Gentlemen, Automatons, you have my permission to hype.

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
Looks like Nintendo is putting a lot of focus on Smash Bros. Ladies, Gentlemen, Automatons, you have my permission to hype.
This. With the emphasis Nintendo is placing on Smash, how could we all not get hyped?

I for one will be at Best Buy as much as possible. Do you all think they'll have the demos up for the event only, or do you think we'll be able to play all week and beyond?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
For the Mario Kart discussion a few pages back, I hope King Boo gets one of those last slots, but it looks like they'll be skipping him this time around at present, unfortunately.

On the topic of Nintendo at E3, it definitely looks like they're primarily doing video feeds again, rather than a live presentation. I think their idea of streaming people playing the games on the floor is great though as it allows more people who aren't there to experience the new games.

Due to the tournament, I expect they will reveal a new character either right before or after the final round, when people will be already tuned into the game. It'd be awesome if after the final match of the tournament it suddenly flashes "Challenger Approaching", plays a CGI trailer, and then the tournament winner battles Mewtwo/Pacman/Ridley/other hyped newcomer.
I would ***............

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

For mario kart the bottom right cornor could be either king boo or a guest star/wtf character (example R.O.B was in the ds version)

Feeds again eh well guess i will wait till after each day for a revealed character

And for the this yes thats garaenteed (or the championship battle is against sakurai and he uses the next newcomer then after the battle he shows the trailer for the character he used)

D

Deleted member

I hope they let at least 6 characters in secret, 3 vet and 3 newcomers, I want to be surprised when the "Challenger Approaching!" appears

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wow... more than a month's notice in advance, and I thought Nintendo announcing the Smash Direct four days in advance was a big deal. I'm definitely expecting at least one major character announcement that's a pick of competitive players now.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
this is the roster........so dry.....

3 unlockable are probaly Baby Rosalina, Gold Mario and That peice of **** bumble bee.........so bad.........hope smash is better.....i doubt it.....
View attachment 13165

So dissapointed.........wow...
Remember Brawl's character screen? The character slots get smaller as you unlock more and more. With so many mainstays missing, I'd guess it'll be a similar thing here.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I'm... sh-shaking... MAY BETTER HURRY UP AND GET ITSELF OVER WITH sorry May

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
LOL 3 is perfect and 4 is unacceptable.
I like the balance of your thoughts.
Its like, if we have 3 3rd parties, then we could have a 4 way battle between Mario and the 3 3rd parties...but if you have 4, then it would be all 3rd parties. It's like in Street Fighter X Tekken, anyone who walks by and sees that game will usually see players fighting as Pacman, the cats, or Megaman and be like, whoah what game is this even!?! The roster is too crowded by non street fighter or tekken characters to even carry that name anymore. Most of the roster in brawl gets ignored by first timers once they see Sonic or SNAKE!
However because smash bros isn't specifically called Nintendo All Star Rumble, there isn't really an issue with adding in every videogame icon. Bring on Bomberman, Pacman, Simon Belmont, Bayonetta and the rest!

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
Well, we could get lucky. Nintendo's been doing those early game-access promotions recently. They did the one at Best Buy to preview Super Mario 3D World, DKC Tropical Freeze, Wind Waker HD, and MK8, and they also did one at GameStop for Pikmin 3. Considering how hyped up Smash 4 already is (and Nintendo definitely knows it) I wouldn't be surprised if they did another one of these promotional stunts for Smash 4. It'll probably happen after E3, but it'd be better than nothing.

And on topic, super-crossing my fingers for Mewtwo being announced for playable status at E3. :awesome:
Skip to 1:56

I totally called that.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
If they're doing this tournament and Best Buy thing...I can only assume...a big reveal and a big surprise would be showing the full roster for SSB4, or maybe at least the pre-unlockable roster, at E3.
That would be quite an E3. Just showing the whole thing. Maybe detailing some of the newcomers a bit.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
What do you mean?
sorry...i sold brawl 4 months after release.
Let's say there's more than three characters in MK8 to unlock. After the last three ?s are filled and another character is unlocked, then all the other icons will move over or shrink to make space for more. MKDD, MKDS and MK7 made the characters move over when characters were unlocked, and MKW's reorganized itself a few times after unlocking characters.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I speculate that there'll be multiple reveals and if there's another 3rd party they'll be shown. I say 3 newcomers is now a reasonable number, given the focus it's getting. I hope Nintendo shows off some more games as well.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I WANT Shulk. Considering that Monolith tweet, I think he's a safe bet.

D

Deleted member

So... Am I the only one that thinks Shulk is a pretty safe bet? Not a confirmed bet, but it's a pretty safe one.

Granted, X/Y pokemon and Mario 3DW reveal came at least a little bit late.
I'm confident we'll see Shulk, if only because of the Sal Romano leak. Even without he, he's got a pretty good shot.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
If Layton is in, he's here. Same for Pac Man, or any other 3rd party.

Also, Palutena, Mewtwo, and Ridley (If he's playable and not a boss) are safe bets as well.

Mii will also be shown here. Also, Shulk is cool and all, but he seems more like a Direct reveal, or unlockable.

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
I guess this means they will have Direct again. Aw, I hoped for a normal conferance. A Direct may be better in a lot of ways, but it doesn't FEEL like E3 when it's like that.
My inner rebel likes that they are bucking the E3 trend.

"Okay, Nintendo. I know we, the gaming press, having been treating you like you barely matter compared to Sony and Microsoft over the last decade, but that doesn't mean we don't expect you to get up on stage with a little vest and fez and dance for our amusement. C'mon! Dance, monkey! Dance!"

"Yeah, we could do that. Or we could just put together our own digital show and stream it to all our fans directly, negating the need for your outdated dog and pony show." *Puts on sunglasses, gets on motorcycle, and squeals the tires as they drive off*

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I like that Nintendo do the Direct - or Digital Presentation as it's called this year. E3 conferences are often a let down, and making a big show about a few games or new features is silly. Sure, we miss out on a few crowd reactions, but the Digital Presentation really makes everyone feel included, and on equal footing.

I guess it also helps cater to Japanese audiences too, seeing as in the past Miyamoto has come on stage and it's been messy with translation issues. This way they can have it in multiple languages.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I like that Nintendo do the Direct - or Digital Presentation as it's called this year. E3 conferences are often a let down, and making a big show about a few games or new features is silly. Sure, we miss out on a few crowd reactions, but the Digital Presentation really makes everyone feel included, and on equal footing.

I guess it also helps cater to Japanese audiences too, seeing as in the past Miyamoto has come on stage and it's been messy with translation issues. This way they can have it in multiple languages.
Did they do anything at E3 at all last year? I was thinking they did...

Top Bottom