• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Why would that happen LOL? The most was like a week of delay for the retail copy of Zelda Wind Waker if I remember right.
Something like "Buy Sm4sh digitally and get 10 bucks discount" could happen maybe but nothing more.
Yea I was definitely exaggerating but still. I'd hate a delay for people that prefer physical copies... hate it so much...

You technically don't own any of your games...
I simply don't care about physical vs. digital anymore.
If I don't own them then why are they my games?:estatic: ("because they are licensed to you")

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Pretty much. I don't want to believe it either, but it's there in the black-and-white.
I don't know, you technically can do whatever you want with it. Break it, hack it, or just play with it. You don't own the intellectual propriety obviously, but neither Nintendo really does. When an artist makes something, he doesn't own that thing. Thank ****ing God for that.
So yeah, nobody owns anything and everybody dies.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I don't know, you technically can do whatever you want with it. Break it, hack it, or just play with it. You don't own the intellectual propriety obviously, but neither Nintendo really does. When an artist makes something, he doesn't own that thing. Thank ****ing God for that.
So yeah, nobody owns anything and everybody dies.
Meh. With the end of physical games coming up, I think companies will really start to crack down on things.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
if I can not hold it I don't want it. plus it will take a year for my internet to download something that big.

we are prob going to be at least 2 newcomers, one shown in the trailer while pacman surprise in the same way as megaman

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
Food for thought: Isn't it weird that Sakurai is already showing trophies in the pics of the day? I don't know, I just get the feeling that that is something you work on in the absolute last phase of making a Smash game and that it doesn't get that much priority. That they basically get as many trophies as they have time for in there, the last weeks/months untill release? To me it looks a bit like this game could be alot closer to done than we think.

Maybe E3 will have a pretty big demo and the game will release shortly after? Sales riding on the hype and media coverage from E3 demo, trailers and all that.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
At this point I think August would be the earliest possible release but if you look closely that the Little Mac trailer he was fighting Rockman and Koopa, not Mega Man and Bowser so translation still needs to be done.

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
So translation still needs to be done.
This is what I hate about living in Europe... Damn german, french, italian and spanish people. Y U NO ENGLISH?!* :(

But translations is always the last thing they do, so what makes you say August earliest btw? (and even if there was a translated version ready right now I would think that they work in the japanese one for gameplay clips for trailers and stuff?)

*Ps for non Europeans: Every game I buy here in sweden has 5 different versions of everything that is written included (manual, cover + in game stuff). English ofcourse and then german, french, spanish and italian. Pretty silly if you ask me. I am pretty sure most people in these countries (especially younger folks, wich is the gaming industrys main market) understand english pretty well by now. These translations need to stop so we will never have to suffer from a super late game release ever again. It's just unfair!

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
At this point I think August would be the earliest possible release but if you look closely that the Little Mac trailer he was fighting Rockman and Koopa, not Mega Man and Bowser so translation still needs to be done.
Or it was just the Japanese version and they didn't feel like remaking the last clip in English.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of E3 speculation, what other games do you expect? We've got confirmation of Zelda WiiU but has there been word of anything else?

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
Not that I know of...I am expecting Yarn Yoshi at the very least to be shown too, though.
I just want too know that the game still exists :(

My pretty safe bets (and hopes):
✔ Bayonetta 2 release date for Europe and America. New demo on the floor and possible Bayonetta 1 announced for Eshop, with a discount deal for people who buy both. (Possible eshop demo for bayonetta 2, considering Platinums W101 had one).
✔ I am realy hoping for FExSMT footage to be shown and Im pretty certain it will be. It was announced already at last E3.
✔ More X info is a non brainer. Maybe it is ready to have a demo on the floor this time even. Game play footage looked very solid in last direct, looks demo ready.
✔ Hyrule warriors footage and presentation. Demo available on floor.
✔ Zelda U
✔ Retros new project. (Not so sure that it's Metorid related tho).
✔ A suprise with a rebooted franchise, may or may not be the thing Retro is doing.
✔ Miyamotos new IP, also may or may not be the thing Retro is doing.
✔ New mii-related title/titles.
✔ Some reveal info of the WiiU Pokemon (fighting?)-game that was hinted at a while ago.
✔ Smash bros presentation by Sakurai. Demo on the floor and global release date (Mario Kart and Pokemon got it. Can't see them not doing the same for Smash4WiiU) finally announced.
✔ Donkey Kong TF and/or Mario Kart 8 DLC announced.
✔ Eshop game coverage, like child of light, shovel knight, scram kitty and teslagrad among others.
✔ Yarn Yoshi info.

This is mostly things that I myself am interested in. Maybe I forgot something thats given ^^

Last edited:

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
I really don´t know to expect beyond Zelda U...maybe Pokemon Fighters?

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I know it would be extremely unlikely, but I'd like a return of the shadow pokemon games, whether there's just a remake or a new one entirely.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I just noticed that Xenoblade Chronicles was released June 10th in Japan.

Could be some potential there for Shulk at E3.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Nintnedo won't be at Pax East so I'm guessing they're waiting until Nintnedo Direct or E3 to show stuff off.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Meh. With the end of physical games coming up, I think companies will really start to crack down on things.
I'm going digital, but I'm still buying Smash 4 on a physical copy, I would've loved to buy DKTF physical. Physical games won't ever die because there's still something magical about boxart, discs and the scent of new plastic when you open the box.

LightningVance

Smash Apprentice
Pokemon Colosseum/XD sequel seconded

nice having Pokemon games with somewhat of a darker take
PokePark doesnt cut it..

Last edited:

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
I just want to play Hyrule Warrios this Year...and Smash of course.
I am kind of hyped for pokemon fighters....

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
For the Smash trailer, I think it will announce AT LEAST 2 Newcomers.
They will have to be really popular and wanted, so I think these:
- Mewtwo (I don't know he counts as a vet or newcomer)
- Ridley, K. Rool, and/or Palutena (rest of Smash Elite 4)

Just like E3 2013, there may be a 2nd trailer for a 3rd party newcomer, so whoever that could possibly be *cough* Pac-Man *cough* would be announced then.

Also, there may be a third trailer, like they did with Wii Fit Trainer. Since this trailer would be saved until later, I'm assume it would be another surprise character, preferably Sandbag.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I expect and am hoping for a couple of much-wanted newcomers at E3 (Ridley, Palutena or Shulk please?)

Also thinking we'll get more X footage finally, and maybe it's actual name? New Hyrule Warriors stuff would be hype. Anything that confirmed that amazing rumor from a while ago would be frickin' fantastic.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Speaking of E3 speculation, what other games do you expect? We've got confirmation of Zelda WiiU but has there been word of anything else?
Hopefully story information for Hyrule Warriors. I must now if it is before or after Minish Cap! And some more gameplay and general details about it.

Also, something for the Mother anniversaries this year. 2014 is both Mother 1's 25th and Earthbound's 20th! I know Nintendo likes to pretend those games never happened, but at least do something!

Oh, and any announcements if they made any company aquisitions. RareWare? Please?

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
Fallout Four.. i can dream right ?.. but talking smash i see at least pac-man being there

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I just want too know that the game still exists :(

My pretty safe bets (and hopes):
✔ Bayonetta 2 release date for Europe and America. New demo on the floor and possible Bayonetta 1 announced for Eshop, with a discount deal for people who buy both. (Possible eshop demo for bayonetta 2, considering Platinums W101 had one).
✔ I am realy hoping for FExSMT footage to be shown and Im pretty certain it will be. It was announced already at last E3.
✔ More X info is a non brainer. Maybe it is ready to have a demo on the floor this time even. Game play footage looked very solid in last direct, looks demo ready.
✔ Hyrule warriors footage and presentation. Demo available on floor.
✔ Zelda U
✔ Retros new project. (Not so sure that it's Metorid related tho).
✔ A suprise with a rebooted franchise, may or may not be the thing Retro is doing.
✔ Miyamotos new IP, also may or may not be the thing Retro is doing.
✔ New mii-related title/titles.
✔ Some reveal info of the WiiU Pokemon (fighting?)-game that was hinted at a while ago.
✔ Smash bros presentation by Sakurai. Demo on the floor and global release date (Mario Kart and Pokemon got it. Can't see them not doing the same for Smash4WiiU) finally announced.
✔ Donkey Kong TF and/or Mario Kart 8 DLC announced.
✔ Eshop game coverage, like child of light, shovel knight, scram kitty and teslagrad among others.
✔ Yarn Yoshi info.

This is mostly things that I myself am interested in. Maybe I forgot something thats given ^^
Pretty much all this nice specualtion but lacking 3DS stuff but i do agree/think WiiU should be the main focus.

We may get a Double metroid one for 3DS too seens as there always is atleast one metroid game on handhelds.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
75 days to go and it's not getting much closer...

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So here are my wants and expectations for E3

Desire
Ridley
Palutena
Dixie Kong
Ganondorf
Shulk
Another Sonic or Zelda character

Expect
Ganondorf
Mewtwo
Prowl
Yoshi (if not already)
Wario

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
So these lists seem to be getting popular so:

APRIL DIRECT:
•MK8 news (Geno?)
•Corresponding 2 reveals for SSB4 to get hype for E3 (Chrom.... And Geno?)
•Some news about release dates, Zelda Sonic Lost World DLC, etc.

E3!!!!:
•Sonic Boom Trailer and News
•Hyrule Warriors News and Demo
• New Mario Game (A Galaxy 3, perhaps?)
•Bayonetta 2 release date
•News and Release date for X (Demo)
•Retro's new project (Metroid or Starfox?) and Miyamoto's new IP
•A revival of a series, likely Nazo no Murasame Jo, StarTropics, F Zero, or Mother
• SSB4 Trailer, up to 4 characters revealed
-Miis to appeal to casuals
-PAC Man as a third party
-Hype character, like Mewtwo or Ridley
-Ultra Hype brawl vet, like revamped Ganondorf
-- Reggie will hand over to Sakurai for a talk session
-- Demo on show floor
--- Release date?

..... So how'd I do? :)

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So these lists seem to be getting popular so:

APRIL DIRECT:
•MK8 news (Geno?)
•Corresponding 2 reveals for SSB4 to get hype for E3 (Chrom.... And Geno?)
•Some news about release dates, Zelda Sonic Lost World DLC, etc.

E3!!!!:
•Sonic Boom Trailer and News
•Hyrule Warriors News and Demo
• New Mario Game (A Galaxy 3, perhaps?)
•Bayonetta 2 release date
•News and Release date for X (Demo)
•Retro's new project (Metroid or Starfox?) and Miyamoto's new IP
•A revival of a series, likely Nazo no Murasame Jo, StarTropics, F Zero, or Mother
• SSB4 Trailer, up to 4 characters revealed
-Miis to appeal to casuals
-PAC Man as a third party
-Hype character, like Mewtwo or Ridley
-Ultra Hype brawl vet, like revamped Ganondorf
-- Reggie will hand over to Sakurai for a talk session
-- Demo on show floor
--- Release date?

..... So how'd I do? :)
WE. ARE. NOT. GETTING. GENO. IN. SMASH. BROS.! WHY. DO. PEOPLE. KEEP. REQUESTING. HIM.?

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
My Unlikely E3 predictions - Chrom, Ridley, Duck Hunt Dog , Paper Mario, Dixie Kong, Mii

LOL just kidding. Over these past few pages, I've seen some outlandish predictions/wishes. No offense, but some expectations are really high!
I think, for smash atleast, they'll do the same as last year and give a few characters on top of gameplay.

Through this, this raises the question - How will the trailer play out? Here's my guess

There will be one main trailer shown off onstage/in the direct. This will show off all the revealed characters and then on top of them, returning veterans.
It seems at E3 they don't want to focus too heavily on a main series. If you noticed (for the last trailer) all the characters were from individual franchises.
So, maybe the theme of this trailer will be catered to everyone's favorite - Miis!

... I know, we don't like them, but they are so going to be in.

But one newcomer is simply not enough. I have a feeling they may do what they did with the Wii Fit Trainer and show the others ones on the show floor at a later time. Who could this be? Well the only stand out character I can think of is Ridley. I don't really want to think Pacman has a chance, and would be a hype feeder for sure.

So there's my guesses! Mii trailer with a Pacman ending (bleck) and an alternate Ridley trailer

I'm kind of hoping that there's actually a trailer like this one from Brawl - with characters and stuff though. Except no SSE haha

Detailing more than gameplay and characters - like going into modes and features would be so much more meaningful to me!

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
You're both right. Geno and Tails/Knuckles/Shadow are pipe dreams.
Only Geno, but a second Sonic rep is not out of the question, it's just not happening for this title. Remember, SEGA's ties with Nintendo are to be considered, so Nintendo buying up SEGA is not impossible. But yes, Geno is never happening.

We're still likely to see Prowl and Ridley though

Last edited:

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Wasn't Pokemon fighters just a tech demo?
Like New Super Mario Bros Wii, Game and Wario and Nintendo Land was on E3 2012? XP I think was more like a promise, because was showing all pokemon games and them the screen went to the "future" and showed that famous screen of lucario and blaziken.

Top Bottom