• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
It was purely conceptual yeah. I guess they showed it to get a reaction out of people and see if it was a good idea.
C´mon, was showed on a video representing all the series, showed as the future. With HD and everthing in front a lot of people.

They must be dumb to show just ONE screen to check reaction, there is something in that video. And that game is perfect for NFC, one thing that gonna be showed on E3.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well I'd take Pokemon Fighters over that creepy talking Pikachu detective game. Who thought that was a good idea?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
C´mon, was showed on a video representing all the series, showed as the future. With HD and everthing in front a lot of people.

They must be dumb to show just ONE screen to check reaction, there is something in that video. And that game is perfect for NFC, one thing that gonna be showed on E3.
That's what they said themselves: http://nintendoeverything.com/pokemon-company-says-are-merely-conceptual-images/

We're still likely to see Prowl and Ridley though
Who the heck is Prowl?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Prowl? This guy?

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
They said the same thing about Game & Wario, New Super Mario Bros Wii (U) and Nintendo Land whem was showed on E3 2012. Showing a hd video just to check reaction is a waste of time and money. Just show some art...
Conceptual videos are actually really common to get a general feel of how the game is to feel, what we saw was likely not the whole video. They did the same thing with Pokémon Battle Revolution.

Last edited:

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Conceptual videos are actually really common to get a general feel of how the game is to feel, what we saw was likely not the whole video. They did the same thing with Pokémon Battle Revolution.
Yeah, now I remember the Pokemon Battle Revolution case. If it was a video, I think that they were premature showing it.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
So that Sonic lost world Zelda dlc is out today. So I guess it wont be at E3. It looks so cool that I want to buy Sonic Lost World just to play it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So that Sonic lost world Zelda dlc is out today. So I guess it wont be at E3. It looks so cool that I want to buy Sonic Lost World just to play it.
I think that's the idea.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
I wouldn't be surprised if SEGA isn't promoting anything but Sonic (Sonic Boom) and Project DIVA. Seem to be their biggest moneymakers.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I defiantly purchase a Pokemon fighting game :p
You'll purchase it defiantly? As in, you'll purchase it in a defiant manner? D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y. Definitely.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Only Geno, but a second Sonic rep is not out of the question, it's just not happening for this title. Remember, SEGA's ties with Nintendo are to be considered, so Nintendo buying up SEGA is not impossible. But yes, Geno is never happening.

We're still likely to see Prowl and Ridley though
If Nintendo buys Sega, then yes I can see a second Sonic rep... hell I could see Sonic getting 4 reps if Nintendo bought Sega well enough in advance of Smash 5. It'd actually be a great incentive to make Smash 5. Sonic, Bayonetta, Billy Hatcher, Super Monkey Ball, Virtua Fighter, etc.

But as long as Sega (or Sonic rather) remains 3rd party, Sonic will continue to be the only rep of his series, no matter how close Nintendo and Sega get

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
If Nintendo buys Sega, then yes I can see a second Sonic rep... hell I could see Sonic getting 4 reps if Nintendo bought Sega well enough in advance of Smash 5. It'd actually be a great incentive to make Smash 5. Sonic, Bayonetta, Billy Hatcher, Super Monkey Ball, Virtua Fighter, etc.

But as long as Sega (or Sonic rather) remains 3rd party, Sonic will continue to be the only rep of his series, no matter how close Nintendo and Sega get
What about Prowl and Ridley?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What about Prowl and Ridley?
Prowl? Who's Prowl? If we were gonna have a transformer in the game it'd be Optimus Prime. Or Convoy as he's known in Japan.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Only Geno, but a second Sonic rep is not out of the question, it's just not happening for this title. Remember, SEGA's ties with Nintendo are to be considered, so Nintendo buying up SEGA is not impossible. But yes, Geno is never happening.
Here's where I disagree. How many official polls has Shadow been recognized on? Remember that time when Tails was in the Top 5 results from the Brawl poll? Or how Sakurai acknowledged Knuckles as being a Nintendo character in all aspects but license?

...Yeah... Neither do I.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Here's where I disagree. How many official polls has Shadow been recognized on? Remember that time when Tails was in the Top 5 results from the Brawl poll? Or how Sakurai acknowledged Knuckles as being a Nintendo character in all aspects but license?

...Yeah... Neither do I.
I think you're completely ignoring what I said about Nintendo possibly buying out SEGA.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Geno would've been nice, but i think his time has passed. Likewise, i think anything more than just Sonic is preposterous- this is a Nintendo game, not a partnership game like the Olympic ones. Sonic joining in the first place is a miracle. Be thankful for what you've got.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
I think you're completely ignoring what I said about Nintendo possibly buying out SEGA.
Nobody is buying Sega. You pulled the theory out of nowhere to support your wildest fantasy. And that's all it is. A fantasy.

In relation to E3, personally I could see:

1. Ridley (down to his fanbase.)
2. Mewtwo (again, fanbase - and he's pretty awesome.)
3. Shulk (more a personal want, but as the title character in one of the most critically acclaimed games of last generation, not to mention seemingly present in the upcoming X, not too far-fetched)

That for me pretty much makes a winning E3 presentation, and pretty effectively covers all geographical markets as far as brand recognition goes. But hell, who knows?

Last edited:

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
You'd be really surprised how many people came up with it before I did. Just watch this, and if that's not enough, then read the comments. http://youtu.be/b6gvtN2SpE0
Just because others share the same delusion, it doesn't make it true. Why would Nintendo buy a company they have tied to them for three games anyway? Sonic has been sub par at best for the past decade, it's hardly raking the money in any more. It makes no business sense when there are studios cranking out high quality games that would be much more appealing to a company such as Nintendo. Sonic outstayed it's welcome, and it's pretty lucky to still be around in my opinion.

Off topic, anyway. Any more E3 opinions/predictions?

domriver

Smash Lord
So these lists seem to be getting popular so:

APRIL DIRECT:
•MK8 news (Geno?)
•Corresponding 2 reveals for SSB4 to get hype for E3 (Chrom.... And Geno?)
•Some news about release dates, Zelda Sonic Lost World DLC, etc.

E3!!!!:
•Sonic Boom Trailer and News
•Hyrule Warriors News and Demo
• New Mario Game (A Galaxy 3, perhaps?)
•Bayonetta 2 release date
•News and Release date for X (Demo)
•Retro's new project (Metroid or Starfox?) and Miyamoto's new IP
•A revival of a series, likely Nazo no Murasame Jo, StarTropics, F Zero, or Mother
• SSB4 Trailer, up to 4 characters revealed
-Miis to appeal to casuals
-PAC Man as a third party
-Hype character, like Mewtwo or Ridley
-Ultra Hype brawl vet, like revamped Ganondorf
-- Reggie will hand over to Sakurai for a talk session
-- Demo on show floor
--- Release date?

..... So how'd I do? :)
Sounds good to me. I really want a new Metroid game!

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Looks like Tomodachi Collection!! is coming to the west. E3 2014 reveal ?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Looks like Tomodachi Collection!! is coming to the west. E3 2014 reveal ?
I think so. I hope it's not their "big thing" but a cool announcement nonetheless.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
If the game is going to come out in June-July I think that they'd give a release date in the next direct. If the game comes out August or later then they will probably see a release date at E3.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If the game is going to come out in June-July I think that they'd give a release date in the next direct. If the game comes out August or later then they will probably see a release date at E3.
That's a good way to look at it.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I think we'll get a newcomer for sure, hopefully someone like Pac-Man or someone highly requested like Ridley. I hope we get a release date as well.

D

Deleted member

I think we'll get a newcomer for sure, hopefully someone like Pac-Man or someone highly requested like Ridley. I hope we get a release date as well.
Out of the two that you mentioned, I am expecting Pac-Man to get revealed at E3. It makes sense if he got revealed there.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Expect one of them might be in April due to looking like no character in march so far. And it's looking that way due to a direct in April (I have no date for Aprils direct)

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Nobody is buying Sega. You pulled the theory out of nowhere to support your wildest fantasy. And that's all it is. A fantasy.

In relation to E3, personally I could see:

1. Ridley (down to his fanbase.)
2. Mewtwo (again, fanbase - and he's pretty awesome.)
3. Shulk (more a personal want, but as the title character in one of the most critically acclaimed games of last generation, not to mention seemingly present in the upcoming X, not too far-fetched)

That for me pretty much makes a winning E3 presentation, and pretty effectively covers all geographical markets as far as brand recognition goes. But hell, who knows?
ALL OF THIS PLEASE, GOOD LORD MY LIFE WOULD BE COMPLETE

Top Bottom