• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
New F-Zero, New Star Fox, Metroid Prime 4, Zelda U, Nintendo x Sega, SMT x FE not canceled, Official Mother 4, every character ever confirmed for Smash 4, Wii U blessed by Jesus and sells 100 million units.

Trust me, my dad works at Nintendo.
I don't think Mother 4 is ever getting made at this point...And wouldn't it be better to also announce Mother 3 on Wii U's virtual console first?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Mother isn't really one of those franchises which needs a sequel. It's a good game gameplay-wise, but it's strength is the story. I don't know it well but if it's finished, there's really no need of a sequel. I guess you can find the same experience, again gameplay-wise, in many other games.
It's not like F-Zero or Star Fox which have their strength in the very peculiar gameplay which isn't offered by almost nobody else as of now.
What I'd do with Mother is remakes. A Trilogy Collection on 3DS would be very interesting, and I don't think it would need Itoi's approval if the story isn't changed.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Earthbound(Mother 2) was already released fo WiiU VC. Mother 3...no. The fans that tranlated the game offerd their traslation to Nintendo.
What about mother1?

Sorry ima mother f* lol noob but thinking of playing earthbound on WiiU VC heard nothing but really good stuff from it.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
What about mother1?

Sorry ima mother f* lol noob but thinking of playing earthbound on WiiU VC heard nothing but really good stuff from it.
Earthbound is great. It's weird. But that's part of its charm. I got it on VC when it was released and beat it early January. Some areas you kinda need a map for or you'll be wandering around forever. But it's really fun. It made me want Mother 3 more than i already did (re: a lot). I'd be content with them putting Mother 3 on VC and announcing Lucas for Smash whenever that happens.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
What about mother1?

There's an official online guide book designed with the Wii U gamepad in mind too. http://earthbound.nintendo.com/playersguide/#/intro

And while we're on the topic of Mother 3...
http://earthboundcentral.com/2013/04/mother-3-and-japanese-fans-revisited/
This is why I doubt Nintendo will be bringing it over any time soon.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
There's an official online guide book designed with the Wii U gamepad in mind too. http://earthbound.nintendo.com/playersguide/#/intro

And while we're on the topic of Mother 3...
http://earthboundcentral.com/2013/04/mother-3-and-japanese-fans-revisited/
This is why I doubt Nintendo will be bringing it over any time soon.
I see your point, but one has to remember that what does well in America doesn't always do well in Japan. Best example is Metroid Prime. We ate that up but Japan didn't like it. A VC release wouldn't be too bad because they don't have to pay for printing anything like boxes or gamecards. And if they used the Fan translation that was sent to them, it would literally cost them a two hours of someone's pay just applying the patch and hitting submit to the VC. I'm sure that's manageable.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I see your point, but one has to remember that what does well in America doesn't always do well in Japan. Best example is Metroid Prime. We ate that up but Japan didn't like it. A VC release wouldn't be too bad because they don't have to pay for printing anything like boxes or gamecards. And if they used the Fan translation that was sent to them, it would literally cost them a two hours of someone's pay just applying the patch and hitting submit to the VC. I'm sure that's manageable.
I'm not even sure Nintendo can use the fan translation legally. And Metroid Prime was a western game aimed at western audiences, Mother 3 is a very Japanese game from what I understand.

HatsuneMiku

Smash Apprentice
I'm not even sure Nintendo can use the fan translation legally. And Metroid Prime was a western game aimed at western audiences, Mother 3 is a very Japanese game from what I understand.
Mother 3 is a JRPG, and that genre has a strong following in the west. If you like Pokémon or Final Fantasy, chances are you'll like the Mother games as well. Mother 3 was never released officially outside Japan because of the poor sales of it's prequel. And that was because of poor adverticing (This game STINKS?!)

Earthbound's been well recieved on Wii U's VC, and i'm sure it'd do even better if the Wii U was in more people's homes. I just hope this indicates we could get Mother 3 on VC soon, since GBA games were recently announced to be coming to Wii U's VC.

Last edited:

Jackson

Smash Lord
I think Nintendo's pretty much gonna spill the beans on the game at E3. We'll probably see at least 1 newcomer, a release date, and maybe the trailer. I have to say, I'm totally excited. I wish we could just get the game already!

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I think Nintendo's pretty much gonna spill the beans on the game at E3. We'll probably see at least 1 newcomer, a release date, and maybe the trailer. I have to say, I'm totally excited. I wish we could just get the game already!
Considering last year's E3 we saw 3 newcomers, I'd expect at least 2. And i'd guess Ridley and Pacman (even though i don't want him). And with character reveals, there's always trailers, so we'd get some gameplay footage. And a release date is waaaaay overdue, so i couldn't agree more.

Jackson

Smash Lord
Considering last year's E3 we saw 3 newcomers, I'd expect at least 2. And i'd guess Ridley and Pacman (even though i don't want him). And with character reveals, there's always trailers, so we'd get some gameplay footage. And a release date is waaaaay overdue, so i couldn't agree more.
Totally. I would be much more satisfied if I had an exact date to wait for.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
So heres what I see being one of the best case scenarios for E3.

Boom. New trailer to announce Pac-man. June-July release date is in the trailer. Then theres a surprise ending clip with Pac-man, Mario, Megaman, and Sonic all running/attacking coming together at the middle of a stage like in the Sonic trailer. Then you hear the words "NOW" and theres an explosive and all the player are sent flying. Snake is back! Introducing for the very first time 5-player Free For All!!!

That would be hype. You could interchange Snake and Pac-man though. I think that Snake and Pac-man would be changed but I couldn't think of anything cool with Pac-man.

I don't see any of this happening BTW. Like, at all. I srsly doubt 5 player FFA would be in. Though I wouldn't mind it. Even though I play 1v1 all the time.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
That would be cool if i wanted Snake back :awesome:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Still betting on Ridley, Pac-Man, and Mii. Unless one of the two get revealed before E3.
The only one of those 3 i could see would be the Mii. Pacman is 3rd party and Ridley doesn't seem like a random direct reveal, what with his enormous western fanbase.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
The only one of those 3 i could see would be the Mii. Pacman is 3rd party and Ridley doesn't seem like a random direct reveal, what with his enormous western fanbase.
I'm actually expecting those Three as well. Pac-Man? A very wanted third Party that will add a lot of hype, just like MegaMan did. Ridley? A character that's been wanted since Smash's Creation, would fit for a E3 reveal, especially if they reveal a Metroid as well. Mii? Also a wanted character, but a lot would probably be disappointed if only it was revealed, so revealing Mii together with two Heavy-Hitters would be a smart move. ^^

Gonna guess, only Ridley and Pac-Man for the conferance/Direct itself, and then Mii after, ala Wii-Fit Trainer~

Jackson

Smash Lord
Ugh... Can we not have pac man in this game... Why do people even like the chracter that much, besides nostalgia from the original game? I just don't want the character in.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Ugh... Can we not have pac man in this game... Why do people even like the chracter that much, besides nostalgia from the original game? I just don't want the character in.
Mario vs. Sonic vs. Megaman vs. Pac-Man, battle of the biggest gaming mascots.
Also if we were to set aside nostalgia, then what would be the point of experiencing games like Super Mario Bros or Zelda. :smirk:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Now everyone, don't go speculating multiple newcomers willy-nilly. We are near guaranteed one and if there is another third party character int he cast that's who it will be. Any others are bonus.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
My guess is that there will be at least a couple of newcomer reveals at E3, along with a new trailer, possibly with new stages/items and especially GAME MODES, which we know nothing about. Kinda like those Melee/Brawl trailers that showed trophies, story mode and such.

There also MUST be a release date or at the very least, a release window for the game(s). I mean, when E3 comes, there will already be a year's worth of daily pics... the old Brawl Dojo only ran for like 8 months prior to the release of the game. :(

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Now everyone, don't go speculating multiple newcomers willy-nilly. We are near guaranteed one and if there is another third party character int he cast that's who it will be. Any others are bonus.
We only had 3 newcomers last E3, so i'm assuming it's the same for this years E3, which is why I'm still guessing Ridley, Pac-Man, and Mii.

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
Dark trailer with Samus going thou some huge space ship. Suddenly a sound and some small pieces of rubble fall from the roof. The wall next to Samus start shaking. The wall gets shattered and Ridley burst throu attacking her. The heroin dodges backwards, raises her canon towards the beast and starts charging a shot. The camera zooms in against the "pipe" of Samus canon, she fires and the screen goes completly bright. The text "Metroid U" pops up. Then it fades to black and you think its over, but someone yells "CUT!!!" loudly. We see the two fighters again but suddenly the stage behind Ridley and Samus has turned light green and the room gets filled with bright light. The camera zooms out and we see the back of a director sitting in a chair, multiple cameras, lamps and that the scene is a studio with a green screen. Not a battle ship.

Some nervous assistant runs up to Samus "Ms Aran, I'm sorry but we have to hurry. Your next scene is about to start soon". Samus puts her helmet back on, waves at Ridley to join her and they walk out of the studio, into a corridor and walk up to another door. It has the smash logo on it. Samus walk throu not noticing Ridley cant follow, the door is to small. An animated Sakurai comes running, looks at Ridley and says, "too big, you cant get in here!". Ridley gets furious and responds with breaking straight throu the door, ripping some of the surounding wall down with it. Then he walks up to the camera set where Samus is already posing with an aggresive fighting stance. On the opposit side of the screen Mario and Luigi is warming up. Ridley walks up behind Samus, lets out a battlecry wich makes the brothers on the other side jump up and get ready. Samus and Ridley both rush towards the plumers. During all this we can see the text over the green screen saying "Smash takes #48, Battle of the franchises, Mario v Metroid". As soon as they clash in the middle and the camera zooms in, the green screen turns to some of the new Smash stages and the smash trailer continues from there. Focusing on different franchises put vs other franchises (also getting a joke in there where someone like Wario that is alone gets put vs the whole Zelda team. (consisting of ganon, zelda, link, toon link and toon zelda)).

So there you have it. Metroid and Smash will share a trailer. A trailer that announces Retros new Metroid U and then confirms Ridley for smash and whatever else is in the trailer. After that Reggie lets some hot shot form Retro take the stage and talk a bit about the game. He will finish his presentation with saying how excited he is to play Ridley in the next Smash Brothers and will hand the mike over to Masahiro Sakurai. Smash presentation follows, release date announced, demo will be on the floor, thank you all for watching, bye. Thats pretty much how it's gonna go down, you heard it here first.

Last edited:

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
I don´t think Retro is making a new metroid....

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I don´t think Retro is making a new metroid....
I don't think they are either and honestly, i don't want them to. They made 2 amazing metroids (prime 2 was meh) and 2 amazing DK games. I'd love to see them whip up something from a "new" franchise like Kid Icarus or Star Fox. If anyone could make a new Kid Icarus to follow Uprising's amazement, it would be Retro.

Jackson

Smash Lord
Just wondering (I hear his name a lot), who exactly is this Dillon guy? Is he a first-party Nintendo character? Anybody think he will appear at E3?

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Just wondering (I hear his name a lot), who exactly is this Dillon guy? Is he a first-party Nintendo character? Anybody think he will appear at E3?
He's from Dillon's Rolling Western. It's only on the eShop, but it got a sequel which is kinda rare for eShop games. He's first party but I don't think he's E3 material. A normal direct sure, but not E3. E3 in my opinion should be for the heavy hitters, like Mewtwo and Ridley and any 3rd party.

Jackson

Smash Lord
He's from Dillon's Rolling Western. It's only on the eShop, but it got a sequel which is kinda rare for eShop games. He's first party but I don't think he's E3 material. A normal direct sure, but not E3. E3 in my opinion should be for the heavy hitters, like Mewtwo and Ridley and any 3rd party.
Okay, thanks. Yeah, I would agree about bigger characters being at E3.

GamerTimeUS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
WinningAlex13
Well, if we're predicting all of Nintendo's E3...

Besides the obvious, we'll see:
Retro AND Miamoto's new IP.
The real Zelda U... As a single picture ala SS.
A sequel to something unexpected, like Takamaru's series.
A new eshop series, like 3D classics.
MK8 DLC, with a free character update.
A new 3D Mario hinted at.
(No new Metroid/F-Zero/Starfox please understand.)

Then for SSB:
A 'meh' newcomer like Mii.
A good fifteen seconds of Mewtwo beating up said newcomer.
A smallish Ridley on Pyrosphere with three other characters.
Five more vets. (Mother character, Yoshi, Wario, and Brawl newcomers people wanted to be cut.)
A newcomer from something so obscure, nobody can tell what it's from, and has about two minutes of HYPE.

Afterward, Iwata will say the SSB website will be updated into something more in depth like Brawl's, but it'll take a week. (To drag out the Ridley discussion of course.)
No Mario Kart 8 DLC

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
The motive behind my opnion is that Metroid is too obvious for Wii U. Gamepad = First Person TV = Third Person. Other M gameplay would be perfect for Wii U. I can not ensure but I belive metroid is already in making for Wii U.

If I would speculate, my bet is that Retro Studios is making Donkey Kong Racing (Using the experience from Mario Kart 7 + Monster Games)

Last edited:

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
I want a general gameplay trailer at E3, in addition to whatever characters may get announced. We never really saw much of the game in action yet. Just last E3, and the character trailers. And whatever off-camera footage that was captured. A new general gameplay trailer would be terrific.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
You know what would suck?
"Today we have a release date for Smash Bros for Wii U and 3ds. The game will be available on Eshop in July while the in store copies will be available in December."

I would absolutely hate that. I don't feel like I actually own a game unless I have a physical copy.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
"Today we have a release date for Smash Bros for Wii U and 3ds. The game will be available on Eshop in July while the in store copies will be available in December."

I would absolutely hate that. I don't feel like I actually own a game unless I have a physical copy.
Why would that happen LOL? The most was like a week of delay for the retail copy of Zelda Wind Waker if I remember right.
Something like "Buy Sm4sh digitally and get 10 bucks discount" could happen maybe but nothing more.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

You technically don't own any of your games...
I simply don't care about physical vs. digital anymore.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Always retail for me. I'm actually going to buy a 3DS XL even if I own a normal one if it's some kind of Sm4sh special edition.
Owning stuff is cool until you die.

Last edited:
Top Bottom