• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Nothing annoyed me during the Sony show like hearing the dude say something along the lines of knowing what gamers want, then bringing more sodding zombies.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I want Dead Island 2 to be good. I really do.
After Saints Row IV I have some faith in Deep Silver.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
We've come so far... I remember when there will still months to wait before E3... Trying to sleep tonight will be like being a child trying to sleep on Christmas Eve.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
So hyped; I hope tomorrow turns out to be an amazing day for Nintendo. I'm hoping they can approach/equal the pure awesomeness that was E3 2013, but with the awesome reveals we've gotten in the past weeks (from the mere existence of HOENN CONFIRMED!/Pokemon OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire to Wii U compatibility with Nintendo GameCube controllers), I expect this E3 2014 to be quite the spectacle (although topping Megaman's E3 2013 reveal will be a tall order..).

Really hoping for Isaac/Matthew of Golden Sun, Mewtwo, Ridley, King K. Rool, and/or Vaati to be confirmed as playable characters! I expect a veteran and 1 newcomer to be confirmed at the very least..

Hopefully, those of us who are unable to watch it live (myself included; learning about how physics works in real life instead of watching the hilarity induced by Super Smash Bros. physics. XD) can adequately avoid spoilers tomorrow; the Internet is going to be like a minefield of E3 2014 spoilers. >_>

Last edited:

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Well, that's the end of the Sony conference. No Playstation All-Stars...

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
I'd suggest just opening up the page the Direct will be on before you leave for school in the morning, and just leave it there. Don't check computers or internet while at school, and maybe even turn off your phone. And then when you get back, just refresh the page and watch the direct.

That oughta work.
But what page will the direct be on?

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Ahhh so close! It's great.

Also, MS and Sony had some pretty lengthy conferences so I don't doubt Nintendo will either, even though it's merely a digital event. But even still, they're having the Treehouse post stuff for 3 days straight! It's awesome.

D

Deleted member

Ahhh so close! It's great.

Also, MS and Sony had some pretty lengthy conferences so I don't doubt Nintendo will either, even though it's merely a digital event. But even still, they're having the Treehouse post stuff for 3 days straight! It's awesome.
Nintendo isn't as big as it was a while ago. True, it is still one of the three titans, but I really only expect a 1 hour presentation.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Shameless plug-in...

The Smashboards Writers and the Week in Review Writers are gearing up for this year's E3 as well as the Smash Bros. Invitational, SmashFest, and all of the other great events!

Make sure you check the portal page for news articles regarding E3 coverage and Smash Bros. news.

The Week in Review will feature two issues: the usual Issue #22 as well as a special Week in Review: E3 in Review Issue so please keep your eyes peeled for them this weekend!

Ginger Hail

Smash Apprentice
I think it's safe to say Nintendo's Digital Event is going to be significantly shorter, but they're most likely going to focus even more on first-party stuff than the other two conferences.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Nintendo isn't as big as it was a while ago. True, it is still one of the three titans, but I really only expect a 1 hour presentation.
I have mixed feelings about their new format. I think it's a good thing, and this year will really surprise us with how much they are involved, but just having that stage presence, a big room and audience is desirable. Probably not as long as Sonys, but yeah, I agree that it's probably around an hour.

Actually, let's do some math.

It says on the official page that the Digital Events starts at 9am PT time. The Treehouse starts streaming their content at 11:35am PT time.

So, are we looking at 2 hours and 35 minutes?? Surely not? I mean, isn't that a bit long for just Nintendo? I wouldn't complain, but the exactness of the Treehouse starting their stream at 11:35 is eye-opening, although everyday it starts at a bizarre interval.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Apparently, Twitch, Gamespot, Nintendo TreeHouse, and Nintendo's E3 Website will have the show.

According to the International Business Times, anyway.
You really don't want to watch it on Twitch. The delay on it is ridiculous. Thirty, forty second delays. I STRONGLY suggest you watch it anywhere else, because otherwise, if there's some kind of major reveal, or some kind of craziness occurs, and you're the kind that has to watch chats and stuff.. yeah, just save yourself that grief.

And I mean don't use Twitch on both counts, the presentation and the invitational both.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have mixed feelings about their new format. I think it's a good thing, and this year will really surprise us with how much they are involved, but just having that stage presence, a big room and audience is desirable. Probably not as long as Sonys, but yeah, I agree that it's probably around an hour.

It says on the official page that the Digital Events starts at 9am PT time. The Treehouse starts streaming their content at 11:35am PT time.

So, are we looking at 2 hours and 35 minutes?? Surely not? I mean, isn't that a bit long for just Nintendo? I wouldn't complain, but the exactness of the Treehouse starting their stream at 11:35 is eye-opening, although everyday it starts at a bizarre interval.
I agree, there's no way Nintendo is going to have a presentation longer than Sony's, though I guess if we want to be optimistic we can look at around an hour and a half. But looking at Twitch's schedule, it looks like It'll only be an hour.
Also I'll shamelessly admit that I think Sony knocked it out of the park this year. Just games. SO MANY GAMES. Sure a few of them are just ports but still, LBP 3, Uncharted 4, No Man's Sky, The Order, just so many good looking games (plus the first gameplay we've gotten of MKX). Here's to hoping Nintendo does just as good.

Last edited by a moderator:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I agree, there's no way Nintendo is going to have a presentation longer than Sony's though I guess if we want to be optimistic we can look at around a half an hour. But looking at Twitch's schedule, it looks like It'll only be an hour.
Also I'll shamelessly admit that I think Sony knocked it out of the park this year. Just games. SO MANY GAMES. Sure a few of them are just ports but still, LBP 3, Uncharted 4, No Man's Sky, The Order, just so many good looking games (plus the first gameplay we've gotten of MKX). Here's to hoping Nintendo does just as good.
I totally agree, I'm thinking about getting PS4 to play all the exclusives that are getting remakes, and to play MGS5 (Once I play the rest of the series hehe)

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
So, are we looking at 2 hours and 35 minutes??
2 and a half hours for Direct, then a five minute break before Treehouse? Still super long and probably not right, but that's my guess.

You really don't want to watch it on Twitch. The delay on it is ridiculous. Thirty, forty second delays. I STRONGLY suggest you watch it anywhere else, because otherwise, if there's some kind of major reveal, or some kind of craziness occurs, and you're the kind that has to watch chats and stuff.. yeah, just save yourself that grief.

And I mean don't use Twitch on both counts, the presentation and the invitational both.
Thanks! I'll edit Twitch out of the post.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394

Also, we'll get to watch the invitational tournament after the presentations, so there will still be even more to see. (You have a great Youtube channel btw)

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Welp, however long it is, it'll be spectacular. Amazing. Superb.

The Smash reveals. Ough. I'm so excited. I need something to distract me for a bit.

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman

Remember, there's a nintendo minute right after the digital event so you have to work that time in as well

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Wow! This has been more of an E3 thread than the official one. Sadly, this E3 hasn't been as great as the past one. Sony did waste great chances and I can't believe they want to re-remake The Last Of Us.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Welp, however long it is, it'll be spectacular. Amazing. Superb.

The Smash reveals. Ough. I'm so excited. I need something to distract me for a bit.
I recommend a nap, that's always a good way to kill a few hours.

Unless you're at work or something, then my advice would be terrible.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Well it's night time for me, almost midnight where I am.

So I get to sleep until then ... i just mean the impeding 2 hours before bed.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Wow! This has been more of an E3 thread than the official one. Sadly, this E3 hasn't been as great as the past one. Sony did waste great chances and I can't believe they want to re-remake The Last Of Us.
Nintendo will save E3 like they usually do. I'm not surprised in the least.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Well it's night time for me, almost midnight where I am.

So I get to sleep until then ... i just mean the impeding 2 hours before bed.
Oh. Yeah, that would kinda complicate things. Youtube's a good way to kill time, then!

Also, it's not likely, but I hope we get a look at a new Kirby stage. I think someone mentioned Patch Land somewhere; that could be neat.

The HYPE is keeping me awake....
I recommend headphones, a looping video/playlist/something with just the sounds of rain, and a comfortable chair, then.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Now just in case you guys/girls are going to have trouble sleeping tonight for thr giga news about smash 4

These technquies might help you sleep

Last edited:

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
jawoeifjaowiegpwwwwwwwwwwwwwwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

hype. :088:H:070:Y:039:P:042:E:076:

Tomorrow is gonna be insane. Can't wait to see what they'll have in store for us :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom