• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
So what does everyone think they'll open with, game-wise?

My guess is either Zelda or a new entry of one of their other 'big' franchises (F-Zero, Star Fox, Metroid). Maybe a Smash trailer, but... I'unno, Smash seems kind of 'end on a strong note' material this year.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

My guess is either Zelda or a new entry of one of their other 'big' franchises (F-Zero, Star Fox, Metroid). Maybe a Smash trailer, but... I'unno, Smash seems kind of 'end on a strong note' material this year.
Well, that brings up a question. Do ya think they'll talk about already revealed games, or will they just focus on entirely new stuff?

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787

Do we know when the Smash stuff actually starts? If we do, I must have missed the memo.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Think about it a sec. Guys, we've been at this a year, since the very first trailer came into existence. When we had our uplifting hopes fulfilled with Megaman and the best of laughs at WFT.

Also, as many know, and impeding flood of newcomers to the boards is immanent. Some of the faces you're use to seeing here may slowly dip out of the way. Many of the veterans here from the start of Smash 4 speculation have become mods now, and congrats to you guys. And for the rest, I want to say it's been fun.

Now, forward to destiny!

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Well, that brings up a question. Do ya think they'll talk about already revealed games, or will they just focus on entirely new stuff?
I'd imagine a bit of both. Bayonetta 2 and X are almost guaranteed to get some mention, I'd imagine. Zelda is all-but-confirmed, since it was supposed to be shown off last year, I think. Oh, speaking of Zelda, maybe some stuff about Hyrule Warriors?

Do we know when the Smash stuff actually starts? If we do, I must have missed the memo.
Apparently the Smash stuff is going to be a Q & A at 10 EST/7 PST. I'd imagine we'll get something Smash related during the Direct, though.

Think about it a sec. Guys, we've been at this a year, since the very first trailer came into existence. When we had our uplifting hopes fulfilled with Megaman and the best of laughs at WFT.

Also, as many know, and impeding flood of newcomers to the boards is immanent. Some of the faces you're use to seeing here may slowly dip out of the way. Many of the veterans here from the start of Smash 4 speculation have become mods now, and congrats to you guys. And for the rest, I want to say it's been fun.

Now, forward to destiny!
Man, I'll actually be sad to see a bunch of people from the character threads leave. That was my original plan (leave after launch), but I've gotten attached to this place!

Edit: You people type too fast. Or I type too slowly.

Last edited:

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877

I'll repost my prediction.

And I'm also going to predict the opening of the Digital Event... a short video titled "125 Years..." in celebration of Nintendo's anniversary. It opens on a white screen with the Nintendo logo and the words "Founded in 1889" as images of Hanafuda cards appear. Then we're treated to a montage of 125 great Nintendo games throughout its history (of course, all three Smash games will be in there). After the 125th game (Mario Kart 8), it'll show scenes from Smash for 3DS and Wii U with the words "And Beyond..." before cutting to black. Then words appear...

Nintendo

Celebrating 125 years of fun... And counting.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Less than 12 hours until Nintendo floods us with info! So much for sleeping. Well played, Nintendo.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Pretty excited! This E3 was already pretty good with some information on Mass Effect 4 + Destiny which I have been pretty hyped about. Smash Bros. is going to be the grand topping on the cake of happiness.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Unfortunately, nothing about E3 has been exciting, but that's because none of these conferences had any interesting Nintendo related announcements.

I'm actually quite irritated by Sony's conference because they said that some of the Disney Infinity Marvel figures are PS4 exclusive... including Hulk. How uncool is that?

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
I envy ye who can just sleep the remaining hours away. I'll be waiting around until 5pm, it's going to be a long day.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
I'm actually quite irritated by Sony's conference because they said that some of the Disney Infinity Marvel figures are PS4 exclusive... including Hulk. How uncool is that?
Actually, I believe the Hulk is just exclusive to the PS4 DI Starter Pack(The other consoles' starter packs don't include him). You can still buy him separately.

Also, it was leaked that us Wii U DI players get Venom in our Starter Pack. :b:

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Actually, I believe the Hulk is just exclusive to the PS4 DI Starter Pack(The other consoles' starter packs don't include him). You can still buy him separately. Also, it was leaked that us Wii U DI players get Venom in our Starter Pack. :b:
Really? Awesome.

Also, I never pointed this out, but that Spiderman reveal in the initial trailer for Avenger's DI was awesome.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Actually, I believe the Hulk is just exclusive to the PS4 DI Starter Pack(The other consoles' starter packs don't include him). You can still buy him separately.

Also, it was leaked that us Wii U DI players get Venom in our Starter Pack. :b:
Okay, that's not so bad. And hey, Venom is pretty cool! (I'd have to go get Spidey still, but the more the merrier!)

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Apparently the Smash stuff is going to be a Q & A at 10 EST/7 PST. I'd imagine we'll get something Smash related during the Direct, though.
See, I thought we were getting like an hour of new smash info? Because people were basically saying at one point "that's a good deal longer than the smash direct".

Artorias

Smash Journeyman

Grant kirkhope twitted this today, what does he knows that we don't?

(Grant Kirkhope made the soundtracks of games like Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, Donkey Kong 64, Star Fox Adventures, and more)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

(Grant Kirkhope made the soundtracks of games like Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, Donkey Kong 64, Star Fox Adventures, and more)
He knows that Nintendo presents tomorrow and that is probably the only big company he has any care for.

D

Deleted member

I think Grant is just a fan of games in general (or at least Nintendo), so he might just be sharing the hype.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787

Uh-oh..?

I would just be happy to see him compose for another nintendo game. Great stuff.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I don't think the Q&A will be transmited.

I don't see anything in the twitch stream info or in nintendo's site about this times
Oh good gawd, thats 2 hours before the Digital Event itself.....
Well, goodbye everyone, Ill remember you all in therapy tomorrow. Also, try not to make SmashBorads in CrashBoards.

TheHidden

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5069-4330-3482
So, anyone has any idea of what tomorrows PotD will be? Any theory? Or do you think its just going to be something meh to keep us waiting till the direct?

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I speculate we'll finally get our Namco rep, as we got our capcom rep last year.
Mewtwo and Ridley, with a side of Ness and Captain Falcon.

Klonoa confirmed?
jk

maybe semi srs.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
By the way, I don't want to come off as a mini-mod here, but let's not have this devolve into the Smash Direct levels of crazy...

I don't want anybody to have trouble damaging their hype. :(

TheHidden

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5069-4330-3482
We should totally pull a "Japan Time:Supreme Hype Edition" and just hype for hours like in the days of old

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
By the way, I don't want to come off as a mini-mod here, but let's not have this devolve into the Smash Direct levels of crazy...

I don't want anybody to have trouble damaging their hype. :(
Yeah, I'm setting my standards low, just so my dreams won't get crushed. oh, who am I kidding? HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

Top Bottom