• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I find it strange though that the Sonic C isn't the one from the website.
got anpther debunk (if you don't get this one, I'm done)

take a look

Check the top of sonic's box then, check the mega man one and back to sonic.

I see a grey line on top of the sonic one while I see a black one on top of the mega man one.

If you tell me that it's a glitch, I'm done.

Artiferox

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aethelberto
3DS FC
2234-7547-5200
Can you explain? I don't understand what you're saying. You need to take into account the angle the pic was taken.
Ok, every digital image is made of squares of different colors called pixels. When each pixels fits inside each little dot of light in a computer screen or TV that means that the image is being seen at full resolution.
When you zoom in each square of color becomes bigger, taking up more than one dot of light from the screen, so the bigger they become, the more you notice them. When you can see those squares clearly is called pixelation.
The ONLY way (that I know of) to see pixelation is to zoom in an image in a picture viewer or editor.
When you take a picture of a screen you can see the little dots of light more clearly, but there's always black lines between them. When you can't see the lines between them, but can see the pixels clearly, that means the image is zoomed in.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

take a look

I see a grey line on top of the sonic one while I see a black one on top of the mega man one.

Well considering that's one of the pics we already knew was not from the original leaker...

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well considering that's one of the pics we already knew was not from the original leaker...
ok let's recap

The pic I just showed wouldn't be of the original leaker this implies that the whole 2 version thing isn't true which debunk all the pic except the first 2.

As weird as this leak sounds, It is possible. Remember that the last one, the poster talked about the colors but he just talked about how the picture I just showed was the last one.

So, our only hope that we have is that the only pictures that are from the original leaker are the first 2. Well, that's a big plot twits but I can't debunk this if true.

But... Where are the player selector? You know when it should say "cpu" or "hmn"?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I also think that the bottom part seems way off, and why would it say 3 in all of the boxes? Shouldn't it be 1, 2 and 3 (and 4)?

Had this had renders of other characters that we hadn't seen yet then it would have been more believable (obviously).

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834

take a look

Believe it or not the naked eye is not the most reliable thing. What you see as a black line I see as an orange line until you actually open up MS paint and put the two literally side by side. And even then you could be wrong because jpg pictures distort the quality of pixels, and since these were taken with a camera we know they were jpgs.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

take a look

Wait a minute. Am I the only who's noticed the character icon that's two spaces to the right of Mega Man? Is that supposed to be Pac-Man?

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I also think that the bottom part seems way off, and why would it say 3 in all of the boxes? Shouldn't it be 1, 2 and 3 (and 4)?

Had this had renders of other characters that we hadn't seen yet then it would have been more believable (obviously).
Going theory on that is that it's CPU/AI Level 3, as opposed to player slots.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Wait. We are still talking about this? I looked a few pages back and you guys claim that the pixel thing isn't even there!?!

See, the gray border is higher on Ridley's then Pit's
tLMC shows it right there, that little block dot shows that it is one pixel higher. Trust me, I'm a Pixel artist. Whether if it is real or fake, there is without a doubt something wrong there. I just think it is likely for it to be a bug, for a character we magically haven't seen before, who the guy just couldn't manage to take a pic of, which would totally make or break this leak.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Looking at some past posrs, you seem more biased then most others on this leak.
That's a valid accusation. I just hate that people are willing to dismiss something because "zomg that pixel is off". This is a AAA video game, they don't have time to make everything literally pixel perfect.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
ok let's recap

The pic I just showed wouldn't be of the original leaker this implies that the whole 2 version thing isn't true which debunk all the pic except the first 2.

As weird as this leak sounds, It is possible. Remember that the last one, the poster talked about the colors but he just talked about how the picture I just showed was the last one.

So, our only hope that we have is that the only pictures that are from the original leaker are the first 2. Well, that's a big plot twits but I can't debunk this if true.

But... Where are the player selector? You know when it should say "cpu" or "hmn"?
We haven't seen the bottom of the screen have we? I'd assume it's there

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Believe it or not the naked eye is not the most reliable thing. What you see as a black line I see as an orange line until you actually open up MS paint and put the two literally side by side. And even then you could be wrong because jpg pictures distort the quality of pixels, and since these were taken with a camera we know they were jpgs.
Don't want to but this is the only one that has that so how it could degrade the quality if it hasn't degrade the other boxes?

Check my last post this could explains it all.

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
Guys, what ever is in that character portrait doesn't look like Ridley to me. Is Ridley blue. Ever?
That is the token your looking at, also is the pixel argument debunked yet? or are you still basing the leaks legitimacy on a pixel when everything else is pretty much fine with it.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
I think everyone knows and agrees with the pixel thing, it's just the fact WHY it is like so. It's not necessarily just a photoshop trick, as in immediately fake, could be a glitch or something.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
That's a valid accusation. I just hate that people are willing to dismiss something because "zomg that pixel is off". This is a AAA video game, they don't have time to make everything literally pixel perfect.
Especially in a demo. I don't even know about the leak anymore. It could go either way. I don't want people dismissing it due to these tiny things though. When there's other evidence being dismissed because it supports the leak

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Going theory on that is that it's CPU/AI Level 3, as opposed to player slots.
I suppose it's possible. The problem is that right now we can't prove that this thing is fake, due to how vague it is. By the time we know if it's true or not, we won't even care anymore.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Wait. We are still talking about this? I looked a few pages back and you guys claim that the pixel thing isn't even there!?!

tLMC shows it right there, that little block dot shows that it is one pixel higher. Trust me, I'm a Pixel artist. Whether if it is real or fake, there is without a doubt something wrong there. I just think it is likely for it to be a bug, for a character we magically haven't seen before, who the guy just couldn't manage to take a pic of, which would totally make or break this leak.
check this this is the only thing that make it true:

take a look

ok let's recap

We haven't seen the bottom of the screen have we? I'd assume it's there

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

I hope I'm not the only person who's noticed this...

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Seriously? We are assuming that the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th pictures are fake?

We know for a fact Pic 5 is a fake. We also know that the guy who took pic number 6 said you unlock Ridley after the tournament mode. So it is likely that pictures 3 and 6 are made by the same guy. However, Pic 3 is such at an odd angle that the only way to get that shot to look correct in that small amount of time would be to distort the image. Which wouldn't look right and completely out him as a fake.

All of the pics besides the 5th one are made by the same guy people.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Can people please read the thread and stop trying to talk things that was already discussed? It's over-flooding the thread!

Also, the first two leaked images are the ones that no one debunked until now...

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

We know for a fact Pic 5 is a fake. We also know that the guy who took pic number 6 said you unlock Ridley after the tournament mode. So it is likely that pictures 3 and 6 are made by the same guy. However, Pic 3 is such at an odd angle that the only way to get that shot to look correct in that small amount of time would be to distort the image. Which wouldn't look right and completely out him as a fake.

You can't prove that. The guy talking about Tourney mode doesn't connect the pics. You have no proof any pics but the first two/three are from the original leaker

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

This is what makes it too doubtful to be true. You would need that 2 person has access to the same setup which is impossible.

Look the ridley rectangle is one pixel off.
The little mac c isn't the same as sonic one.
the top of mega man one is black while the sonic one is grey

How is that considered real?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
You can't prove that. The guy talking about Tourney mode doesn't connect the pics. You have no proof any pics but the first two/three are from the original leaker
It's common sense to assume that!

It's like saying I believe that the Easter bunny put all of those eggs in my backyard when I was a kid. No matter how you could explain it, all I can say is "nuh-uh" and say you have no proof. That's how this thread is going.

These two pics are definitely fake

I don't know about the other ones.
Pic number 3, the Ridley pic, was only posted a few dozen minutes after the first 2. A skilled PSer couldn't do something that looked THAT good. The angle and slant could only be created by having the actual monitor on your screen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom