• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Or they took it from a TV in the store. It could go either way but the leaker's story still adds up.
Or a Computer screen. The only way I think this person could have gotten this picture (if it is legit) is because he is probably some back stage Best Buy worker or, somehow, the Demo was released early.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Stopped reading after some pages I heard the same things I heard while I was there: glitch.

I'm going to be honest here: do you legitimately believe that ONLY THE RECTANGLE and not the whole box could've been moved from one pixel? I already pointed this out but apparently, it got ignored. If it's seems real, then the glitch should be more likely than a photoshop which I see no reason to.

May I remind you that the bigest evidence against it was the fact that he could've messed with us by not showing ridley's portrait but showed the y and the screw attack? Since it has been off by one pixel, I don't think it's likely to have been a mere "circumstance".

You may think it's 10% real but it means that it's likely to be fake.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@ Dairz Dairz
Well, from what I know, that third pic isn't actually from the original leaker. And those other (the 'true' ones) looks totally like someone was standing in front of them and took them a Little randomly (from different angles as they were probably not standing completely still).

@ Gameboi834 Gameboi834
Not sure. I kinda trust it, but I know better than to do that at this Point. I'll give it a Little more time. :)

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Can someone explain to me why this picture looks pixelated? And I'm not talking about the picture itself, but the image on the screen. The only way you can get a picture like this would be to zoom in in an image editing program. If this were taken from a TV you wouldn't be able to see the pixels so clearly.
Just check Pit's portrait, that's like a 150% zoom there.
Go take a picture of your TV up close. It will get pixelated just like this.

Stopped reading after some pages I heard the same things I heard while I was there: glitch.

I'm going to be honest here: do you legitimately believe that ONLY THE RECTANGLE and not the whole box could've been moved from one pixel? I already pointed this out but apparently, it got ignored. If it's seems real, then the glitch should be more likely than a photoshop which I see no reason to.

May I remind you that the bigest evidence against it was the fact that he could've messed with us by not showing ridley's portrait but showed the y and the screw attack? Since it has been off by one pixel, I don't think it's likely to have been a mere "circumstance".

Keep reading.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834

You still haven't shown that it is up by one pixel. I can circle things but that doesn't magically show that they're maligned.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I don't know on what I need to believe anymore...
Please E3, give all the answers we are searching for...please...

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
You still haven't shown that it is up by one pixel. I can circle things but that doesn't magically show that they're maligned.
If you are trying to disprove him, you should try using a measuring tool to see if what he is saying is true, instead of just disagreeing with him.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
euh... Look I don't have much time and you would need a big reason to say it's real now so I would need this reason now. If you don't have it, then I won't read to find it.
I do, I just really don't feel like explaining it again as it's annoying to have to recap for people who haven't been here. You know how that is, you've done it with me.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
If you are trying to disprove him, you should try using a measuring tool to see if what he is saying is true, instead of just disagreeing with him.
I would but I've been on my phone this whole time. I guess I'll go get my laptop, sigh...

Dairz

Smash Ace
All this leak stuff is starting to confuse me. :confused: I need E3 in my life. Like, right now.

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
In defense of the leaker's bad camera angles. He probably never was alone and he was probably given a talk before hand that by taking any pictures he will be fired. Doing what he did he could have lost his job. Pretty risky that he would try it. He probably took it from the hip.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I've still not really gotten a reply, but that Ridley pic, is it really from the same person? Cuz' from what I've Heard/seen, that pic didn't actually come from him. Feels more like that PacMan pic to me.

@ Dairz Dairz
Pre-E3 times are rough, haha. Also, I hope no hard feelings just cuz' we don't agree on stuff here. :3

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I read quite fast but the only other thing I saw was the third pic wasn't the same source as the first 2 one but it's impossible. The leaker stated on the last pictures that ridley is unlockable so he must've have taken the third picture. Since the last one showed character that we couldn't see on the first 2, he's the only one able to show the last one which means that he's the only one that could've shown the third one.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I've still not really gotten a reply, but that Ridley pic, is it really from the same person? Cuz' from what I've Heard/seen, that pic didn't actually come from him. Feels more like that PacMan pic to me.

@ Dairz Dairz
Pre-E3 times are rough, haha. Also, I hope no hard feelings just cuz' we don't agree on stuff here. :3
There is a chance of that. As the first two were the only ones posted together, and the Ridley pic after was 2 hours after... hmmm....

I read quite fast but the only other thing I saw was the third pic wasn't the same source as the first 2 one but it's impossible. The leaker stated on the last pictures that ridley is unlockable so he must've have taken the third picture. Since the last one showed character that we couldn't see on the first 2, he's the only one able to show the last one which means that he's the only one that could've shown the third one.
We don't know if the last pic was the original leaker either.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
There is a chance of that. As the first two were the only ones posted together, and the Ridley pic after was 2 hours after... hmmm....

We don't know if the last pic was the original leaker either.
it has to.

If you assume that the first 2 are from the original leaker than it's obvious why the last one is also.

The last one showed character box that we didn't see on the first 2 but has the same layout as the first 2. It means that only the one who had access to the 2 pictures is the one that made the last one.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834

Note that the red line, which follows the path of the gray lines (as they would be on thw same axis) leaves a gap between it and the Villager's name, but the space is noticeably smaller with Pit's because the camera was closer. Thus it would follow that Ridley's looks even more distorted, as it is the closest. An optical illusion, like I said.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
it has to.

If you assume that the first 2 are from the original leaker than it's obvious why the last one is also.

The last one showed character box that we didn't see on the first 2 but has the same layout as the first 2. It means that only the one who had access to the 2 pictures is the one that made the last one.
I am leaning towards the last pic being the leaker as well. But you can't deny it's kind of suspicious that only the first two were posted together, then the next pic was 2-3 hours later and had hints of photoshop while the first two did not. Which is impressive for a leaked CSS. You can always see where it was photoshopped. Having one that we can't tell gives it some credibility

MasterofMonster

Smash Master

Note that the red line, which follows the path of the gray lines (as they would be on thw same axis) leaves a gap between it and the Villager's name, but the space is noticeably smaller with Pit's because the camera was closer. Thus it would follow that Ridley's looks even more distorted, as it is the closest. An optical illusion, like I said.
Neat. So, that pixel thing debunked?

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

Woah dude... Great find! Reminds me of this

So the cycle continues...

Pixel theory debunked. There's barely any evidence against this now besides leaker not showing Ridley. Add that to the fact that this is the only CSS that has had some series credibility... we are getting somewhere

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I thought it was the pixel underneath Ridley's name. The gray is higher. Also, where is that blue color present on Ridley, its inside the portrait, so it's not just because it's P2 but it's actually a color on the character.

Last edited:

Artiferox

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aethelberto
3DS FC
2234-7547-5200
Go take a picture of your TV up close. It will get pixelated just like this.

Keep reading.
I went and took a picture of my screen. This is what it looks like at 100% resoultion:

And this is what it looks like zoomed in at 150%:

In the first one you can see the little dots of light from the screen, in the second one you can see the actual pixels that make the image. Which one looks more similar to the picture from the leak?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

Notice the spacing between Ridley's and Pit's names before the border. Even if the Ridley's box is closer to the camera, the spacing would be consistent.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Woah dude... Great find! Reminds me of this

So the cycle continues...

Pixel theory debunked. There's barely any evidence against this now besides leaker not showing Ridley. Add that to the fact that this is the only CSS that has had some series credibility... we are getting somewhere
I feel like I'm back in my Psychology class.
There won't be a test on all of this, right?

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I went and took a picture of my screen. This is what it looks like at 100% resoultion:

And this is what it looks like zoomed in at 150%:

In the first one you can see the little dots of light from the screen, in the second one you can see the actual pixels that make the image. Which one looks more similar to the picture from the leak?
Can you explain? I don't understand what you're saying. You need to take into account the angle the pic was taken.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I really don't buy that screen.

It's not as if it would be hard to fake something like that, it's only using artwork that exists on the website. Smash Bros has never had character locks like that before, so I don't see why they'd start doing that for this game.

You also have to ask.
Who would have taken this picture? If it's a best buy demo thing, then why aren't dozens of employees posting them all over the internet, and why would there be locked characters on a demo? That makes absolutely NO sense.
If it's from a Nintendo employee, why are there certain characters unlocked like Luigi but other characters that'd be sure starters (Peach etc) locked?

It also doesn't seem to match the menus we saw in the Direct.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I am leaning towards the last pic being the leaker as well. But you can't deny it's kind of suspicious that only the first two were posted together, then the next pic was 2-3 hours later and had hints of photoshop while the first two did not. Which is impressive for a leaked CSS. You can always see where it was photoshopped. Having one that we can't tell gives it some credibility
75 minutes according to this thread

The only thing that could explains this time gap if fake would be that it was intentional and real would be that he took the picture as he upload them but given how the ridley pic looks wrong, he couldn't have taken this picture and upload it shortly after. Not to mention that the fact that it's the ridley one supports that he could've have changed the box in photoshop (which is insta fake to me).
Neat. So, that pixel thing debunked?
bottom of the box I see a pixel that isn't on the pit one (under the dot on the bottom right of the box)

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I really don't buy that screen.

It's not as if it would be hard to fake something like that, it's only using artwork that exists on the website. Smash Bros has never had character locks like that before, so I don't see why they'd start doing that for this game.

You also have to ask.
Who would have taken this picture? If it's a best buy demo thing, then why aren't dozens of employees posting them all over the internet, and why would there be locked characters on a demo? That makes absolutely NO sense.
If it's from a Nintendo employee, why are there certain characters unlocked like Luigi but other characters that'd be sure starters (Peach etc) locked?

It also doesn't seem to match the menus we saw in the Direct.
It 100% matches the menus in the direct. Any other CSS "Fake leaker" would play it safe. This one did not. That's got to mean something. The locks are new, why start now? Why would someone attempting to fool someone else put in the locks when they knew that would not be believeable? Add that to all the other weird things about the CSS. And you see why we're considering this.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
It 100% matches the menus in the direct. Any other CSS "Fake leaker" would play it safe. This one did not. That's got to mean something. The locks are new, why start now? Why would someone attempting to fool someone else put in the locks when they knew that would not be believeable? Add that to all the other weird things about the CSS. And you see why we're considering this.
Believing something because it's unlikely seems extremely bizarre to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom