• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Exactly though. Why go through all that trouble that makes zero sense
Because, wherever the demo unit is, it's likely a crowded area. Like, if the people on the dev team are allowed to play a demo of Sm4sh, there will likely be a lot of people around that area. So you take the demo unit, snap a picture on your own 3DS, take your 3DS to a less crowded area, and take the picture then, so you don't get caught.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Because, wherever the demo unit is, it's likely a crowded area. Like, if the people on the dev team are allowed to play a demo of Sm4sh, there will likely be a lot of people around that area. So you take the demo unit, snap a picture on your own 3DS, take your 3DS to a less crowded area, and take the picture then, so you don't get caught.
Assuming the first part is not a stretch (it is), then why for the second half would he put it on a 3DS instead of his computer?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There may be perspective at work here but it's good that if the Palutena leak isn't real that it's not entirley waterproof.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Assuming the first part is not a stretch (it is), then why for the second half would he put it on a 3DS instead of his computer?
That, I can't tell you. I'm not even saying this is true. Just a hypothetical I've seen proposed before.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
That, I can't tell you. I'm not even saying this is true. Just a hypothetical I've seen proposed before.
That's the kind of hypothetical you only see when someone just wants a leak to be true. That's a pretty ridiculous scenario. That being said, Im pretty sure Palutena is in anyway because of the direct tease and because of Gematsu

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
That's the kind of hypothetical you only see when someone just wants a leak to be true. That's a pretty ridiculous scenario. That being said, Im pretty sure Palutena is in anyway because of the direct tease and because of Gematsu
Yeah, that's true. This isn't even my hypothetical. It's the kind of thing I'd come up with, sure, but it's not originally my line of thinking.

I'm pretty sure she's in too, but A. There's always that chance that she isn't that I have to accept, and B. This isn't the place to discuss this.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm flashing back to the Brawl hype and everyone taking Krystal having a voice actor to mean she was playable and she was in all the fake leaks. I hope that isn't what's happening now with Palutena. I don't think it is but the dread is there.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
This looks extremely likely to be real. Very tough to fake. My buddy's brother is apparently setting up at E3. No joke he is helping setup the show floor. As far as I know he is only building Microsoft's set. Because he got a hold of an Xbox E3 pass and is gonna give it to me because he does not care for video games. I asked him if Halo 2 Anniversary was real. He said they are under strict supervision to not share info. And one way or another (he did not elaborate) they still have a way to hide stuff from the workers. I'm not sure if he even has access to Nintendo's section as it seemed only MS employees.

That new leaker bros post, as much as I want Bandana Dee, I don't see it happening. This guy seems like he's just creating fan service. If it's real, great, but it doesn't have any credibility so I doubt it. It's a text post on 4chan. Let's be real. I try not to believe leaks like this right before E3 because I'd rather not be let down
Gamexplained how it can be easily faked

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We're getting off track here. At least wait until E3 itself to get this thread locked.

Morbi

Scavenger
You can seriously be giving this any consideration can you?
No, no that's impossible. You're probably jusy being sarcastic.
Well, do you have proof that it is fake? Anything to support your argument? Perhaps I am giving this leak consideration, it would help to further understand why you believe it is fake.

D

Deleted member

Well, do you have proof that it is fake? Anything to support your argument? Perhaps I am giving this leak consideration, it would help to further understand why you believe it is fake.
Are we playing some weird mindgames here?
Man I'm too tired for this ****.

Morbi

Scavenger
Are we playing some weird mindgames here?
Man I'm too tired for this ****.
Mind-games? You have not offered one piece of evidence that contradicts the leak. You presume that merely uttering that the leak is fake is enough? There is nothing that objectively proves this leak fake.

I am not being serious.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Mind-games? You have not offered one piece of evidence that contradicts the leak. You presume that merely uttering that the leak is fake is enough? There is nothing that objectively proves this leak fake.

I am not being serious.
We're still talking about the 4Chan Fantasy Leak, right? I'd think it would be obvious by now where the leak stands as far as credibility. ;)

D

Deleted member

I am not being serious.
Don't worry, we can all tell.
PROBABLY

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
I'm so bored. Is incredible there hasn't been more leaks or pre anouncements for this game. I remember Brawl and Melee got their character rosters fully leaked months before launch.

Oh well, gotta keep working and reloading this page between breaks.

PS: I got addicted to 4chan cause of leaker bros. Somebody help me! T_T

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I'm so bored. Is incredible there hasn't been more leaks or pre anouncements for this game. I remember Brawl and Melee got their character rosters fully leaked months before launch.

I'm in the same boat :/ I haven't been able to stop, and I just keep getting angrier at all the Rosalina hate I keep seeing.

Morbi

Scavenger

Why would anyone go through the effort of leaking something fake that would be refuted later that week?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Why would anyone go through the effort of leaking something fake that would be refuted later that week?
Savages, I tell ya!

But yeah, I'm having a hard time getting it out of my head as well.

I'll be going to a Brawl tourney tomorrow to clear my head a bit.
And I'll be watching JLA:U after I just finished an Avengers Assemble marathon last night.

Anything to keep my mind busy and away from LeakerBros. The most I do about it is post here. :p

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Because they wanted to. People troll all the time. People are just running around "leaking" crap left and right to try and get attention. The only leak that's even remotely accurate (and even that doesn't mean much) is Gematsu.

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
Do you think any of the leaker rosters is actually the good one? How do you think the CSS will be when it comes out?

VhatDeHel

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I think some people leak for fun, but also, for our own amusement. Think about it, if it weren't for these "leaks", what we would have to talk about? Nada. I know I can say I've been bored on reddit, smashboards, facebook, and whatever, cause not too much is going on in my life right now and I'm just waiting for E3. When I see even the slightest hint of a Smash "leak", it intrigues me. It grabs my attention. So even if some people like LeakerBros may be full of crap, I think they may actually do stuff like this to entertain themselves, and us. For that, I thank them. Entertaining the possibilities and ideals of these leaks have kept my mind busy.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So now that Sakurai is all like "Characters will have their own trailer and screw extensive story mode because cutscenes are leaked on Youtube anyway" and NOW security gets tighter? XD

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I thought I'd just be able to beat Mario Kart 8 100% and it'd keep me busy until E3 comes. Unfortunately... well... I did that yesterday.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Honestly, I think some people leak for fun, but also, for our own amusement. Think about it, if it weren't for these "leaks", what we would have to talk about? Nada. I know I can say I've been bored on reddit, smashboards, facebook, and whatever, cause not too much is going on in my life right now and I'm just waiting for E3. When I see even the slightest hint of a Smash "leak", it intrigues me. It grabs my attention. So even if some people like LeakerBros may be full of crap, I think they may actually do stuff like this to entertain themselves, and us. For that, I thank them. Entertaining the possibilities and ideals of these leaks have kept my mind busy.
Why can't everyone be as good as @CapnMuffin, he is the guy who made the leak that made everyone go insane for about 4 or 5 days.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Guys, if you have nothing better to add to this thread than "OMG SO BORED, SOMEONE LEAK SOMETHING," either don't post at all or go post in the Leaks Group, which is specifically geared toward these sorts of blatant wishlists.

"LeakerBro" already said he'll be putting out part 5 of his little fantasy tonight anyhow, so just sit tight and stop spamming this thread.

Last edited:

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Honestly, I faked a leak once because I just wanted to see what happened and whether people would take it seriously. I was just bored. My "leak" wasn't nearly as intricate and involved as Leakerbro's but people were into it for a couple of days. There's all sorts of reasons people fake leaks. Some do them just to see how long they last before the community picks them apart, some people are just bored, and some people really are just delusionally posting wishlists and pretending it's the real deal. The fact of the matter is that we've gotten maybe three actual leaks (SalRamano/Gematsu, Palutena & Mario Maker) this entire time. Everything else was a "rumor" that somebody made up. When you think of the lengths some people went to in order to make them look credible (CapnMuffin and the Chrom leak come to mind), it's clear that a lot of people actually kind of enjoy having a go at the community. Not necessarily in a mean-spirited way, but maybe just to keep the hype train chugging along.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Guys, if you have nothing better to add to this thread than "OMG SO BORED, SOMEONE LEAK SOMETHING," either don't post at all or go post in the Leaks Group, which is specifically geared toward these sorts of blatant wishlists.

"LeakerBro" already said he'll be putting out part 5 of his little fantasy tonight anyhow, so just sit tight and stop spamming this thread.
"If you can't post something nice, don't post at all."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom