• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2010

Darkslash

Smash Master

It's that time of year again folks!

E3 2010 will open on June 15 and will finish on the 17 of June as well. With only 2 3 days of Nerdgasms, what do you think awaits us this year?

So far Nintendo is coming out with the 3DS and possibly Zelda WiiSony will most likely showcase it's "Move" Motion Controller. Likewise, Microsoft will showcase it's Natal controller again as well.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Looking forward to hearing more of Portal 2 and I'll get my hopes up and get crushed when nothing of Episode 3 is mentioned.

Oh, and can't wait to see how the 3DS works

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Uhhh, it's 3 days, not 2

And this is gonna be one of the biggest E3s yet. I honestly can't wait to see
-3DS
-A more finalized Natal presentation
-Good applications for Playstation Move
-New Zelda
-Pokemon BW
-Anything Wii hardware related (outside of the black system coming out very soon in the US)
-and a lot more

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
-Anything Wii hardware related (outside of the black system coming out very soon in the US)
Wait wait wait, the US hasn't gotten the black wii yet? We've had that here for months 0.o

wowoduend

Smash Journeyman
Super Smash Bros 4
New Zelda
New Metal Gear Solid game
Mother 4/Earthbound 3
Pokemon Black and White
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Gears of War 3(Gray of War 3)

ffffffff

UberMario

Smash Master
Super Smash Bros 4 Kind of soon, don't you think? Brawl only came out two years ago.
New Zelda YEAH!
New Metal Gear Solid game But Snake won't be in it. :(
Mother 4/Earthbound 3 Didn't the creator of Mother say that III was going to be the last? :(
Pokemon Black and White YEAH!
Marvel vs Capcom 3 YEAH!
Gears of War 3(Gray of War 3) Never played the series, but YEAH!

ffffffff This will be the best game EVER.
I hope the 3DS is as good as it sounds, I'm looking forward to getting one (especially since it will have DSiWare compatibility and HOPEFULLY a GB Virtual Console).

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm one of those that's been clamoring over Zelda Wii for 3-4 years now. The unveiling of the game is only 1.5 months away now and I am just so incredibly hyped. Definitely going to take off work those days.

D

Deleted member

I'm really looking forward to E3 2010, especially from Nintendo. It will be fantastic, bet on it.

BTW, I'm thinking of making an thread dedicated to Nintendo E3 2010. Should I do that?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Looking forward to Pokemon Black and White, and definitely the Legend of Zelda for the Wii. Hopefully they'll tell us what's happened to Metroid: The Other M as well.

-Terywj

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I love the anticipation of E3.

What awesome gaming will you bring us this year guys?

I'm hoping for Ninja Gaiden 3 xD

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Hoping for

Pikmin 3 (likely)
Marvel 3 (Very likely)
Pokemon B/W (Very likely)
And Mother 4 (unlikey, but Shigesato Itoi said if someone else is willing to make a new one he said go ahead)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Zelda Wii is officially going to be at E3? I've heard nothing of the sort other than just rumors.

I really see no reason for anyone to be remotely hyped for games they hope to see. These are all baseless guesses, usually.

I'll just watch Sony's stuff and whatever is coming out to PC. I prefer IGF to E3, but if I'm going to watch, I'll watch for stuff from those two. Also, E3 = discounts on online stores.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
There's rumors that Nintendo will show off their next console. This could be why they already revealed the 3DS. So hopefully we will see a new Super Smash Brothers game for either of the new systems.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I have my doubts about pokemon BW showing up. I don't see it happening with the game not coming to the US until next year and all of the Japanese trade shows being after E3.

Zelda might be exciting. It's one of my favorite series but the last few games have been dull. I want to see something new from this.

I'm looking forward to news on the last guardian and other Sony stuff.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
There's rumors that Nintendo will show off their next console. This could be why they already revealed the 3DS. So hopefully we will see a new Super Smash Brothers game for either of the new systems.
The 3DS IS their new (handheld) console. They aren't releasing a home cnsole any time soon.

And the 3DS was announced early because the japanese press managed to get enough info so decided to announce it before the leak was posted online.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
If I met Mic_128 in real life and he didn't look even a little like the G man,Id be pretty disappointed.

Kantō

Smash Champion
i really wanna see a demo of MvC3 and the new pokemon games.

as for a new smash, no way i doubt they will come out with one for another couple years.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I don't know whether or not B&W will be shown, but I sure hope some more information is revealed.

I'm also really curious about the 3DS, I'm sure they'll have a large portion of time devoted to that.

I wouldn't mind seeing some new PS3 games revealed either. Assassin's Creed 3, anyone?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm also hoping for some news on the sequel to Hotel Dusk: Room 215 (Last Window: Mayonaka no Yakusoku). Even thought CING filed for bankruptcy on March 1st, I hope they release it in Europe or NA.

finalark

SNORLAX
I love E3, watch it every year on G4. Now that I think about it, I think that's the only thing I watch on that channel....

Anyway, stuff I want in no particular order:

- Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 details
- A finalized version of the PlayStation Eye 2 Natal
- Games in which the PlayStation Move is used well
- Resistance 3 announcement
- Uncharted 3 announcement
- A US localization for Boarder Break
- Zelda Wii
- Hints of new consoles

S

smash brawl player 99021

I wouldn't mind seeing some new PS3 games revealed either. Assassin's Creed 3, anyone?
Meh, I think it's too early for another Assassains Creed if the most recent one came out in November '09.

Nevermind, just read some reasearch on it, looks like they're coming up with something. @_@

HadouKid

Smash Rookie
OOooooh, cant wait for E3.
Hopefully a new Smash Bros....
or KH3??? Mother Compilation?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I don't know why, but I have a feeling that the next Guilty Gear is going to be announced this year.

Or maybe that's just wishful thinking, I can never tell the difference.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Meh, I think it's too early for another Assassains Creed if the most recent one came out in November '09.

Nevermind, just read some reasearch on it, looks like they're coming up with something. @_@
Yeah, Ubisoft wanted a new AC out like every year or something crazy like that, according to Gameinformer.

It'd be cool if they revealed it, I can't wait to see what the new time period will be.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I love E3, watch it every year on G4. Now that I think about it, I think that's the only thing I watch on that channel....

Anyway, stuff I want in no particular order:

- Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 details
- A finalized version of the Wii Remote Playstation Move
- Games in which the PlayStation Move is used well
- Resistance 3 announcement
- Uncharted 3 announcement
- A US localization for Boarder Break
- Zelda Wii
- Hints of new consoles
You deserved this btw. Nice try, feel free to try again though.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, Ubisoft wanted a new AC out like every year or something crazy like that, according to Gameinformer.

It'd be cool if they revealed it, I can't wait to see what the new time period will be.
I heard it was suppose to be during the French Revolution period. I could be wrong, thought.

Also, has a licensed game been revealed at E3 yet? Just saying because I have my doubts about Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 receiving E3 2010 treatments.

Should this be stickied until the end of E3 2010?

finalark

SNORLAX
You deserved this btw. Nice try, feel free to try again though.
Yeah pretty much.

Seriously, I want to go to the Sony HQ and kick who ever though that making a Wii clone was a good idea in the balls.

And Natal does look pretty sexy, btw.

Also, has a licensed game been revealed at E3 yet? Just saying because I have my doubts about Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 receiving E3 2010 treatments.
I'm pretty sure that Batman: AA was at E3 a while back. But MVC3 is probably going to be there for two reasons:

1: MVC2's legacy is incredible, I'd be a sin to not show it.

2: It's Capcom, they're always eager to show off their newest stuff.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Call me daft, but I'm fully expecting Smash Bros. 4/Smash Bros. 3DS to at least get a confirmation. At the rate Nintendo has been milking out some of their Money-printing franchises(SMG2 comes to mind), and the recent explosion of Fightan Gaems as of 2009, another Smash Bros. vehicle only seems like the logical next step.

Also, SSBB was released 3 years ago, which is like, 1 year longer than the gap between SSB and SSBM, so yeah.

Besides that, I also somewhat expect Nintendo to announce an HD console. Since the 3DS is going to be as powerful as a gamecube, it would be a bit odd for their handheld system to be about as powerful as it's home counterpart as well. Also, it would print money.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
The 3DS IS their new (handheld) console. They aren't releasing a home cnsole any time soon.

And the 3DS was announced early because the japanese press managed to get enough info so decided to announce it before the leak was posted online.
Well, it's not really rumored to be a new console, but an upgrade. Kind of like DS to DS Lite. Probably a Wii with HD. It's been rumored since 2008 that Nintendo was going to release an HD console in 2010, and a recent article said that Nintendo's showing at this years E3 will be much bigger than the last two combined.

Call me daft, but I'm fully expecting Smash Bros. 4/Smash Bros. 3DS to at least get a confirmation. At the rate Nintendo has been milking out some of their Money-printing franchises(SMG2 comes to mind), and the recent explosion of Fightan Gaems as of 2009, another Smash Bros. vehicle only seems like the logical next step.

Also, SSBB was released 3 years ago, which is like, 1 year longer than the gap between SSB and SSBM, so yeah.

Besides that, I also somewhat expect Nintendo to announce an HD console. Since the 3DS is going to be as powerful as a gamecube, it would be a bit odd for their handheld system to be about as powerful as it's home counterpart as well. Also, it would print money.
Yeah, I agree. SSBB was released just a bit over 2 years ago, not 3 though. Plenty of time for at least an announcement though.

Top Bottom