• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2010

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ My top interest is seeing the Nintendo 3DS and Marvel vs Capcom 3. I'm ready for the mind blowing ideas this year. 2010 seems like a better year for games, IMO. ♥

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't know why, but I have a feeling that the next Guilty Gear is going to be announced this year.

Or maybe that's just wishful thinking, I can never tell the difference.
A new GG would be real nice. I'd be surprised if they reveal it at E3 though.

I wonder what Capcom will unveil besides more Marvel 3. I want a new Ace Attorney game.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Wait wait wait, the US hasn't gotten the black wii yet? We've had that here for months 0.o
Just announced today :)

Coming out next week (or this week I forget). System + remote + chuk + motion+ + both wii sports for $200

il prob get one after E3.

I'd get it sooner possibly, but I don't want Nintendo pulling any tricks

*considers buying DSi XL*
*Nintendo accounces 3DS*
*no longer considering an XL*

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
It has been said already that MvC3 will be playable(demo) at e3. THAT is what im looking forward to.

THERE WILL NOT be another smash announced.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
there's still portable smash

and if nintendo loves money a remake of brawl - it will never happen but wow it would be the best thing ever. the super street fighter of smash

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Look at the length between Melee and Brawl instead.

That's because Melee was released at the beginning of the Gamecube's lifespan, and Brawl was released during the middle of the Wii's. If there is a new console coming soon or if they are making a SSB for the 3DS, then we could likely get an announcement. I doubt there will be a 6/7 year gap like last time.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
This is going to be the biggest E3 since 2006. Can't wait for Zelda Wii and 3DS. I don't care about Natal, but it'll be interesting to see.

I don't think they'll show us much of Pokemon Black/White, but that's just me. It's entirely possible.

And there's definitely not going to be a new Smash announced :laugh:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
That's because Melee was released at the beginning of the Gamecube's lifespan, and Brawl was released during the middle of the Wii's. If there is a new console coming soon or if they are making a SSB for the 3DS, then we could likely get an announcement. I doubt there will be a 6/7 year gap like last time.
Why not? What's stopping them from not making another smash game until the middle/end of the 3DS's? They might wait until the middle of their next home console, and considering this gen's gonna be lasting a lot longer than previous ones...There's no reason to give any reason as to why they'd announce another smash game so soon.

Not that I'd complain at all if they decide to do so :D

Spire

III
BRoomer
The truth of the matter is, we really have no idea when another Smash Bros. is going to come out. We have three big facts to base our assumptions on:
- the 2 year gap between 64 and Melee
- the 6-7 year gap between Melee and Brawl
- the massive amount of money that Melee and Brawl have made

Seriously, I vote for literally "Super Smash Bros. Brawl 2", same engine (though tweaked), more characters (maybe drop a few like Lucario for Zoroark, who knows), more stages, more everything. Everyone would buy it.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Anyone know what Sakura is working on? I know Nintendo payed bukoo bucks to set him up a studio in the heart of Tokyo, buy him all the talent he wanted, and he stated in the single interview about the project that its going to be for the "hardcore" gamers or something like that and in the interview they showed fight sticks. Makes me wonder what he's up too.

Kirby Airdash 2?

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Why not? What's stopping them from not making another smash game until the middle/end of the 3DS's? They might wait until the middle of their next home console, and considering this gen's gonna be lasting a lot longer than previous ones...There's no reason to give any reason as to why they'd announce another smash game so soon.

Not that I'd complain at all if they decide to do so :D
True, but now that Nintendo is releasing a second 3D Mario platformer on one console, this could lead them to quit the "once per system" crap they were doing. Also if this generation is supposed to last longer, then why not make another Smash for the Wii?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Anyone know what Sakura is working on? I know Nintendo payed bukoo bucks to set him up a studio in the heart of Tokyo, buy him all the talent he wanted, and he stated in the single interview about the project that its going to be for the "hardcore" gamers or something like that and in the interview they showed fight sticks. Makes me wonder what he's up too.

Yeah, there is also the hidden game that Retro is working on. its likely both of them will be showing of their projects at E3 or sometime soon.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
The truth of the matter is, we really have no idea when another Smash Bros. is going to come out. We have three big facts to base our assumptions on:
- the 2 year gap between 64 and Melee
- the 6-7 year gap between Melee and Brawl
- the massive amount of money that Melee and Brawl have made

Seriously, I vote for literally "Super Smash Bros. Brawl 2", same engine (though tweaked), more characters (maybe drop a few like Lucario for Zoroark, who knows), more stages, more everything. Everyone would buy it.
Please God no.

Brawls engine is just terrible. Such potential ruined by no combos, tripping, slow gameplay, extremely good defensive options and on top of that it is the most dumb-down game I've ever played. But Olimar's in it soooooo :embarrass

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Just so you all know, nintendo never planned on brawl coming out in the middle of the console's lifespan. It was originally planned as a release title, just like melee for the GC.

It's likely that if we do get another smash game, it will be announced/hinted at after a new console has been revealed.

:093:

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Kirby Wii please, I've been waiting for a new Kirby game for a while, and this Kirby Wii for just about five years. ._.

My biggest hopes for E3 is a new Kirby game at least.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
there will not be another smash announced. accept it.

zelda wii and mvc3 are confimed though.

UberMario

Smash Master
Please God no.

Brawls engine is just terrible. Such potential ruined by no combos, tripping, slow gameplay, extremely good defensive options and on top of that it is the most dumb-down game I've ever played. But Olimar's in it soooooo :embarrass
Combo-potential was reduced in Brawl's predecessor also. Tripping . . . yeah . . . not one of their better ideas.

Never played HD Remix?
Or MKWii?

There are plenty of games that had a succesor that was dumbed down ridiculously, Brawl should not be looked at as the only one in the game market. Heck, a good amount (but not all) of the techs in the first and second games were glitch-abuses.

As for a SSB4, like several people have said it just feels too soon, unless they went 2-D for a cartoon-esque game, which might work on a portable, but otherwise I think Nintendo's priorities woupld probably be to get as many of their active main series to have some representation (other than backwards-compatibility) on the 3DS.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Then I'm guessing you never tried to play Zangeif in ST and then play him in HD. Its as an easy transition from drinking to spitting.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
There are plenty of games that had a succesor that was dumbed down ridiculously, Brawl should not be looked at as the only one in the game market. Heck, a good amount (but not all) of the techs in the first and second games were glitch-abuses.
What are the "glitch-abuses"? And before you say "HURR DURR WDing L canceling of course" WDing is a exploitation of the physics, not a glitch and L canceling was ment to be in the game
Then I'm guessing you never tried to play Zangeif in ST and then play him in HD. Its as an easy transition from drinking to spitting.
I forgot how easy they made his command throws.

UberMario

Smash Master
What are the "glitch-abuses"? And before you say "HURR DURR WDing L canceling of course" WDing is a exploitation of the physics, not a glitch and L canceling was ment to be in the game.
Wavedashing was destined to be removed, it's obvious the programmers didn't want characters to glide across the ground while doing a stationary attack, it may be an exploitation, but it's behavior was a big oversight by the debuggers. As for others (no I don't count L-Canceling as a glitch) Dashdancing (although this wasn't actually fixed in Brawl) and it's derivatives are pretty useful.

I'm by no means bashing Melee, but it makes total sense why they removed wavedashing (and made dashdancing slightly more difficult, though I think they intended on removing it and had assumed that they had fixed it). It wasn't intentional and I don't see it coming back in any of the future games.

I think this E3 will be exciting though regardless if a SSB is announced (not having high hopes for a new game just yet, needs a couple more years to "settle down") or not.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Sakurai never intended to take out WDing, he knew it was in he just didn't think it would make much of a difference. DDing being out is ********. There was nothing wrong with it and it even looked like it ment to be in (even if it wasn't). They fixed something that WASN'T broken.

So, since you could only name 1 glitch in Melee, are you going to take back your post? Because I'm 99% sure you couldn't name 2 glitches being abused in 64, but guess what? I can name MORE than enough for Brawl, momentum canceling, glide tossing, DDDs dumb CG, Falcos dumb CG, grab release dumbness, jab locks, DACUS, oh and IDC which is banned due to its retardedness. Get your facts straight before you insult 64 and Melee by saying they're glitch abusive games because you got it BACKWARDSSSSS.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I agree with ETWIST. The only glitch I can think of in 64 was the teleport glitch which only a few characters had. Melee didn't have any glitches (except for those fun weird ones) unless you consider WD a glitch, which I don't. Well, I guess you can count that glitch were Mewtwo can drag people under Battlefield's ledges with his forward B. lol

But let's keep this thread about E3...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah, enough of the Glitch vs Exploitness.

Since Valve announced that they're gonna be selling TF2, HL, Portal and L4D figures and other merch, I've got my fingers crossed that we'll see some of that there.

D

Deleted member

Why are people talking about the next Super Smash Bros.? It's suppose to be a one in an generation thing. Plus, I really doubt we'll see a new home console from Nintendo until E3 2011, if then.

As for Nintendo E3 2010, here is what I'm hoping ot see:

More Information On:
- Zelda Wii 2
- Metroid: Other M
- Pikimin 3
- Pokemon: Black & White
- Nintendo 3DS
- Conduit 2
- The Grinder
- Sin & Punishment 2: Star Successor

Confirmations:
- Kirby Wii (Has been rumored for like forever)
- Star Fox Wii (Another rumored title)
- F-zero Wii (Rumored as well)
- Sora's Project
- Retro's Project

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Unless Nintendo pulls a Super Street Fighter IV on us, I wouldn't count on getting another Super Smash Bros. game.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Nintendo's new stuff without a doubt. It's the stuff that gets me excited every year. But now, I've got Capcom to look forward too along with the other stuff such as the possible new Guilty Gear. Aside from what we know, I'd like to see Starfox Wii, Pik3 (more than likely), Kid Icarus Wii, and more info on The Last Story.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
To those expecting a new Smash game to be revealed, it's way too soon. Sakurai is currently working with Nintendo on a game called "Project Sora" and estimated that it would be released sometime in 2011. With this being said, the earliest a new SSB would start development would be 2012.

For E3, I want to hear more details about:

Zelda Wii
Pikmin 3
Golden Sun DS
Pokemon Black and White
Megaman Universe
Epic Mickey
Project Sora

As for games I'm hopeful for, it's pretty much been the same since 2007: a new Star Fox and a true sequel to SMRPG.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Blazblue needs to pull of a Super Street Fighter IV if you know what I mean. ;p ♥

♣ I'm sure if another Smash Bros games were to come, it would be on a console system, but no way of predicting that. ♥

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Well one of Nintendo's "big announcments" is going to be Wii Party, aka Mario Party with Wiis minus boardgame elements

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Why are people talking about the next Super Smash Bros.? It's suppose to be a one in an generation thing.

So was 3D Mario Adventure games, and then guess what? We get two SMG's. We get multiple Zeldas, Metroids, and other games so why not multiple SSB?

And Fatmanonice , who said Sakurai has to work on SSB? If he's busy on another project, and Nintendo wants to get an early start on a new SSB, then they can always do it without him. SSB would be the perfect game for the 3DS, so I'm fully expecting there to be one for it at some point.

Near²

Banned via Warnings
I agree with ETWIST. The only glitch I can think of in 64 was the teleport glitch which only a few characters had.
Heh. There's way more than that.

Who's going to watch the live coverage of E3 on G4?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
More than likely I will. It depends if I can a job or not this summer. If not, I'll be watching it for sure.

D

Deleted member

So was 3D Mario Adventure games, and then guess what? We get two SMG's. We get multiple Zeldas, Metroids, and other games so why not multiple SSB?
We only got one Zelda game per generation until the sixth generation (Given that you could Game Boy and Game Boy Color as seperate systems). Metroid was on the same path. That series also used to only have one per generation.

The reason why we're not getting more then one SSB per generation is because it would eventually stagnant and lose interest in both developers and fans. Plus Super Smash Bros. Brawl used a lot of the Wii's power.

DarkShadow20 said:
And Fatmanonice , who said Sakurai has to work on SSB? If he's busy on another project, and Nintendo wants to get an early start on a new SSB, then they can always do it without him. SSB would be the perfect game for the 3DS, so I'm fully expecting there to be one for it at some point.
What if the 3DS does not come with analog? Then we can automatically rule out a handheld SSB for the moment. It would control wierdly with the D-Pad and touch screen.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
We only got one Zelda game per generation until the sixth generation (Given that you could Game Boy and Game Boy Color as seperate systems).
Original Famicom/Nintendo had 2 Zelda games. And if you don't want to count that, 5th gen of consoles had OoT and MM.
Unless you meant 5th gen to begin with...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
We only got one Zelda game per generation until the sixth generation (Given that you could Game Boy and Game Boy Color as seperate systems). Metroid was on the same path. That series also used to only have one per generation.
Until N64 when it didn't have one at all.

What if the 3DS does not come with analog? Then we can automatically rule out a handheld SSB for the moment. It would control wierdly with the D-Pad and touch screen.

You good sir, must not have seen or played Jump Super/Ultimate Stars. It was effectivly Smash Bros with anime characters and was an amazingly brilliant game. Smash could easily be controlled the same way it was with the D-Pad.

Top Bottom