• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duy's Awesome Basement Tournaments (Mississauga, ON)

tha_carter

Smash Ace
I left my wii-mote and classic controller there; can someone give it to nickcam if he's still there?

Or if someone see this that has someones phone number that's still there, can you pm it to me? thanks.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Fun tourney everybody : ) Thx so much Duy, your tournies are the best and I hope you and Dimmy don't quit you're both awesome

...One massive bad note though: brackets have degenerated into like 3 unique characters, the rest MK. We use to have so many different characters, I remember fighting like ROB, Lucas, Ness, DK, now what do I fight? MK. I was really not happy on my way home, but tourney was still fun because I like fighting MK lol - I just hate to see that everyones just jumping on the bandwagon wanting to win.

With that depressing note:

-Cyan - Rapage + didn't sell out to MK, good stuff. Sorry you had to leave : (

-Minus, Gi, Minty - Thx for coming out, hope you guys had a good time in the greatest place ever - Mississauga

THE MK LIST:

-Phil - Glad you're back, you were getting back your skill towards the end...vs Nickcam was just disgusting to watch lol

-Tommy - Kingace apprentice too good : p

- Shifu - first MK I played lol, you got better : )

- Anthony - the one person who I thought wasnt a big homo, took me to the stage I ban vs every other MK lol, I'll grab you more later : p

- T.O. Joe - Gay MK, good stuff

- Hype - online sucks : p fun friendlies

Standings: 1. Kingace (40%) 2. Cyan (40%) 3. Nickcam (20%)
1. Kingace + Minus 2. Anthony + Joe 3. Mikey + Nickcam

New MK gayness list for the GTA
1. Kingace
2. T.O. Joe
3. Hype
-> conclusion - Hype, please get gayer

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Lmao, there were atleast 5 more mks than that. Dimmy, PoisonM, LKP, Minty and one more i dont know the name to. ahahaha

Are there full results? I wanna see who the sauga ppl lost to (Fool, hype, nickcam, mikey)

Mikey7

Smash Lord
I lost to Cyan, then Joe (but beat Anthony so I therefore triumphed over 1/3 of all of vaughn)
Nick - lost to Cyan, then Ace
Fool - Cyan, then Hype
Hype - Nick, then Ace

...friggin Cyan lol

nickcam

Smash Ace
MK is taking over. I played 4 mks and one g&w..... Kingace is back with the godnado and cyan is beast. Ill learn to fight g&w soon lol.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Lmao, there were atleast 5 more mks than that. Dimmy, PoisonM, LKP, Minty and one more i dont know the name to. ahahaha

Are there full results? I wanna see who the sauga ppl lost to (Fool, hype, nickcam, mikey)
The entire MK list:
-Tommy
-Ace
-lkp4
-Minty
-Dimmy
-PoisonMist
-Joe
-Hype
-Shifu
-Anthony
....there were more I just can't think of any right now

The_Fool

Smash Apprentice
I'm bringing diversity back with jiggs, the lowest teir sauga has ever seen.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
MKs are sorta fun for me now. :)

Sucks that I had to go when I was in grand finals, I wanted to have a rematch with Kingace, and I know he did too.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Cyan raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapes.

And lol at all the MKs. It's rediculous now. I remember the good old days...it was just MDK, KingAce and myself using MK lol.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
I'll post shoutouts once Duy/Dimmy posts the full attendee list/brackets.

Fun tourney, guys.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
thanks hype.........and about the MK plague, i saw it coming so i made the switch in time xD

dont hate the player hate them game ^_^ lol jks,but srsly **** mk =]

Gichan

Smash Champion
the opinion, ban metaknight, isn't a troll, come on man you know it should ****ing happen. This inevitable process of many wanting to win. then resorting to MK, has been predicted since last year.

MK gives someone a problem, "**** my main can't do it, I guess if I learn MK, it'll be easier to deal with MK.
Person beats that MK, person gets into another situation against another character, takes out MK, bam, wins. "Maining MK is soo much easier and people think I'm a pro, yaay!"

EDIT: oh yeah, I'm not Certified Virus, just saying that just cause his account shows 5 posts doesn't eman he is trolling.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Niko...man...no Melee friendlies made me hella sad.

I had to play Melee with the ultra scrub Anth0ny.

naa his marf is legit

Hype

Smash Lord
the opinion, ban metaknight, isn't a troll, come on man you know it should ****ing happen. This inevitable process of many wanting to win. then resorting to MK, has been predicted since last year.

MK gives someone a problem, "**** my main can't do it, I guess if I learn MK, it'll be easier to deal with MK.
Person beats that MK, person gets into another situation against another character, takes out MK, bam, wins. "Maining MK is soo much easier and people think I'm a pro, yaay!".
Maining the best character in any game always makes it easier to place well in tourneys. But I'll leave it at that because there's another thread for this discussion.

EDIT: oh yeah, I'm not Certified Virus, just saying that just cause his account shows 5 posts doesn't eman he is trolling.
I was looking more at how his account was created TODAY.

ShiFu

Smash Cadet
Here's a good idea: Look at his other posts.

Gi, I'll take you up on your money match, looking forward to the challenge. Do you not want me to play MK though...?

Fun tourney as always, Duy's is awesome. Good games to all :) I'll get you next time Mikey... xD

Gichan

Smash Champion
Here's a good idea: Look at his other posts.

Gi, I'll take you up on your money match, looking forward to the challenge. Do you not want me to play MK though...?

Fun tourney as always, Duy's is awesome. Good games to all :) I'll get you next time Mikey... xD
Of course MK....wow man, do you think I'm a nub cause of that beating? I'm better than that man. Just give me another attempt.

ShiFu

Smash Cadet
Of course MK....wow man, do you think I'm a nub cause of that beating? I'm better than that man. Just give me another attempt.
No no I didn't mean anything like that... it was just that your posts were anti MK so I didn't wanna be a jerk and play MK like that >< I know you're good; everyone has bad days once in a while. Just gotta ignore it and move on...

So all that aside... you'll be at Mikey's right? :)

Gichan

Smash Champion
No no I didn't mean anything like that... it was just that your posts were anti MK so I didn't wanna be a jerk and play MK like that >< I know you're good; everyone has bad days once in a while. Just gotta ignore it and move on...

So all that aside... you'll be at Mikey's right? :)
Hellz yeah homeboy, and although i hate MK, he is part of the game, nothing i can do about it except *****.

KingAce

Smash Ace
Ok ill say this much about the MK ban.... theres been too many people that switch to MK and think that they will do better and dont end up seeing too much of an improvement in their placements even after 2-3 months of maining MK.

Not to get at anyone but... just off the top of my head I remember Overswarm wanted the MK ban and he went all MK and started placing WORSE than he did with ROB. Also people like ambrose use mostly mk against other mks but in the end he places 7th at CH4 with mostly IC's and ends up winning a lot of his important matches with his true main and not MK. best example would be JL in OIN when he beat Anther and Holy with wario ( even after a good 3 months of playing MK)

and a lot of people are beating mk with their real mains look at cyan hes beasting on mks and ally just beat m2k it can be done... just stick to your real main if metaknight is whats most comfortable for you then go MK.

although... in some cases like torontojoe using fox is just kinda unviable against other mks. i wont lie some matchups are impossible at a high level vs mk but it shouldnt warrant a ban

tha_carter

Smash Ace
LOL...i think mikey wasnt trying to say mk should be banned. But, more so "people here need to get better with their mains instead of going mk and taking the 'easy road'."

And with over half the people there now suddenly maining mk... that goes without saying lmao.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
I use about 5 - 6 characters per tourney and its been successful so far, I guess its just the person and not the character afterall.

Not sure if i'm coming to this, if I am i'll team with nikok like promised.

Top Bottom