• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dumb or Scum?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not trying to say Karthik is bad or like super transparent but I don't see where all this hype building him up comes from.

Must've been in game I didn't play because when I did play with him I don't ever recall him doing anything special so all these comments just make him seem overrated to me lol.

Still stand by my opinion that marshy is currently the hardest to read in Dgames.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I'm pretty happy that I actually have an MVP as town lol.

Also I can't remember who was talking about this (maybe OS?) but I have come agonizingly close to calling a full bad guy squad but never quite got there, a few times. The one that keeps me up at night (not really but it sucks) is when I replaced into a game and nailed the other two down. Why is that bad? Because one scum had died before I replaced in, so I can't say with any objectivity whether I'd have caught him T_T

EDIT: son of a **** I thought I was in the DGs social thread

NOW YOU'RE ALL GONNA LAUGH AT ME

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
*lols with swiss*

@ Rockin: Nah I don't think that's it at all.

He just very consistently has a handful of strong reads and always will have a few very clear strong stances and then other places where he just asks people to tell him what to think.

For his strong stances he tends to have like a few really solid reasons and then maybe a few questionable ones.

It's an absolute nightmare trying to figure out if the subtle flaws in his stances/reads are just townie shortcomings or his scum showing.

He's so consistent at having natural inconsistencies that it's just ****ing impossible to read.

And yes I realize this probably sounds like incoherent psychobabble. That's how hard marshy is to read. He's so hard to read that it's hard to describe why he's hard to read. lol

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Plus whether or not someone will question someone else's judgment has nothing to do with whether they're hard to read. Their hard-to-readness comes directly from the way they play the game, not how other people play the game in regards to them.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
"cause everyone is too scared to question his logic" that sounds like a personal problem Rockin lol

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
i also remember in my first newbie mafia game i used the 'newbie' or dumb card as a tactic to slip by during my replacement. by abusing the fact that i was new and purposely being kinda 'off' but showing effort it made me pretty much invincible
That works once. I used it and hid behind you in Batma(n)fia. I wouldn't dare try it twice.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i see my name being thrown around in the dumb or scum thread

the **** guys

M.K

Level 55

^^Me trying to weave my way out of doing something stupid, then being accused of Dumb or Scum, XDDD

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

^^Me trying to weave my way out of doing something stupid, then being accused of Dumb or Scum, XDDD having a party

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
i literally laughed and then ****ing coughed mucas all over my mointor in a mad laughing/coughing fit

i think i'll go to the hospital now. thanks tom

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
My first game as a scum was Megamafia.

get at me noobcardjerks
I just realized my first scum game here @ SWF was Harry Potter maf. Holywtfbbq I was town a lot in the early days. At least I'm pretty sure this was the case unless I forgot about some old game with a missing thread.

First anti-town game was Food Court though where I made it to 3 man lylo with no BPness as an SK and got the MVP without winning. Get at me. XP

and rofl @ Tom & MK

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
did the same in TMNT mafia. Impossible to do again. :(
No one listened when we said to lynch you. Me and Xonar had you down for scum since the beginning with that stupid as hell hammer role we were stuck with. We couldn't even start a wagon properly.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
No one listened when we said to lynch you. Me and Xonar had you down for scum since the beginning with that stupid as hell hammer role we were stuck with. We couldn't even start a wagon properly.
Half the job of town is to catch scum. The other half is to convince others you're right. You failed, sir!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
He already acknowledged that and attributed his shortcoming to his role restriction.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
He already acknowledged that and attributed his shortcoming to his role restriction.
We got NKilled even though mafia could control our vote and force us to negate another player's vote through the negative power of posting restrictions. I'd say we were threatening enough.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Being on the receiving end of Dumb or Scum, I feel it pretty much limits the receiving player of the "dumb or scum" label. People who use this argument effectively shut you down, it's the closer statement to an argument which presents both the townie side and the scummy side of a person's actions. Nobody takes you seriously after you've been submitted the "dumb or scum" viewpoint. This is all coming from the recipient, that is. Eventually, you die, because you're either demotivated to a point where you aren't able to think clearly about the game anymore, or you are able to think clearly, but nobody takes your points seriously because you've already ****ed up too many times.

It's a hard position to be in >_> Difficult to work back from, like a nuclear bomb to the self-esteem. None of this holds any merit as to whether it's appropriate or not, but it sure is demoralizing. lol
I don't know about that. You just gotta get back up dude. Mafia can get pretty vicious, but you can't take all that to heart. All of dgames maf I was going back and forth with you in my head, but you just kept saying scummy stuff haha. Being pro-town can overide the little suspicions of the past. Don't let one mis-hap cause you to play demoralized the whole rest of the game.

/2 months late

Top Bottom