• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ducktales Mafia - Game over

Asid Wash

Asdioh|Washed Laundry
Can't remember if I responded to this.

To be honest, the order in that null range isn't all that certain. I guess you could say you were true null, while Soup was leaning slightly slightly town, just because I don't think scum would allow their partner to play like such an idiot.

:squirtle:
How the **** is Soup anything beyond a null tell at best?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
i tried keeping scum attention to me so they didn't nk me but i also wanted to do what i said, i didn't plan doing much today and just sitting, but then this ****.

Asid Wash

Asdioh|Washed Laundry
i tried keeping scum attention to me so they didn't nk me but i also wanted to do what i said, i didn't plan doing much today and just sitting, but then this ****.
I know nothing about the flavor. I have no idea if it's even feasible for a JoaT to be in a 9 player game that has no indies, though at this point none of that matters.

Soup, who is scum?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Dislike TSN's 316.

Lynch Ryker toDay, and let the replacement catch up over the night phase.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Unvote Vote GLG

Why me, Chaco?

On an unrelated note, your game reminds me of Dragon Quest IX. I loved that game.

ZacBlock

Smash Rookie
How the **** is Soup anything beyond a null tell at best?
I pretty much agree. Soup is null, then add the fact that if he were part of a scum team he probably wouldn't be acting so stupid, whether it's because he would not want to let his scummate down, or because his scummate would yell at him for it.

Slightly WIFOMy, but that's why it's a very slight lean.

#HBC | ѕoup

ZB, i wasn't even acting dumb, i was being arrogant.

@AW i kinda want ryker dead for trying to push blame on me for that rvs crap but glg is nice too, cr will get grilled tommorow.

#HBC | ѕoup

do you guys want me to replace out? kinda pointless now that is everything is out..

PeopleFacePunch

Smash Rookie
Yeah, and? I got here, didn't I? I don't like you at all for poisoning the water hole because I do multiple things with my free time.

How is it a scum tell? What do you accomplish with that post? What does the "take that as you will" comment do? Why are you trying to leave it open to interpretation instead of sharing what you gleamed from it and trying to push it?
You. Are. ********.

How could you take that as an attack in any way? I was defending you against CR not liking that you were inactive. Are you ****ing serious? I was saying that you were V/LA and that you were currently doing something. Yet you call it an attack against you? The last comment is because I can't control what people think about inactivity. Sorry. I'm not going to explain this as if it was an attack or defend against this as if it was an attack because its not an attack at all.

Responding to everything eles after conversation with Swords.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Not like an attack, thats for sure.

Especially since it was right after someone calling you out for inactivity.
I hate you so much.

Are you going to get to that post tonight?

Soup, move your damn vote until I'm done. We all know you'll be here to put it back tomorrow if need be.

#HBC | ѕoup

request deadline extension

lets chat, ryker.

wait until i'm on a comp bud

PeopleFacePunch

Smash Rookie
**** you Ryker. Seriously.

Before we get started: J/Gova's 96:

His push was haphazardly fake sounding especially with the unvote.

Your not worth mentioning at the current time as a null. Asid Wash only just posted he wants PFP but even then they are agree with our reasoning on Soupa's unvote being grimy.

Don't make this a martyr, "You're attacking the weak player!" ploy.

Let me get this **** out of the way.

K. What did that vote accomplish? What was my motivation behind making it? Where did I go afterword?

The vote accomplished making TSN looking townie. Voting TSN for that bad reason could have been for gauging reads (like CR said), which could be the motivation behind it. Afterwords you just became more scummy.

K. Is that a scum tell? Why/why not?

This was actually a joke -_-', although we kinda didn't like that you called someone out for buddying and then right afterwords you say "Hey, lets buddy!". Not a scum tell, really.

What are you saying here? Did you read the post and comprehend that I'm doing exactly the opposite of what I accused TSN of doing? Why are you implying that you've caught a contradiction?

You're calling things SvS instead of TvS? You both said that it could be S/TvS. You calling someone out for something like that (especially when its a null tell), and doing it right afterwords is not townie in the least.

Is that a request for an explanation, or are you going to continue spending this game talking around me instead of to me. It was in response to TSN's push. I posted it when I saw TSN's push. What are you implying? If you read further, or even look at a vote count, you'll see that Soup isn't on my town list.

Okay so we worded it wrong. You showing that you "want to put Soup on my town list." is what we were refering to. You felt that he was scummy, yet you said you wanted to put him on your town list because of the push from TSN. I'll admit that the push thing was dumb though.

So? It didn't look fake or over the top. It looked ********, but TSN through out a comment made to make it look like Soup was being deceptive when I didn't think so. He was trying to put a snake in Soup's boot, so I called him on it. I pointed out that I did something that was definitely fake, yet, even with that confirmation, he didn't come after me for it, but when Soup might have done it, it's damning.

Do you think Soup was being fake? Do you think "being fake" is a scum tell?

@ Question: Yep. Completely.

It looked extremely fake. He gave up all of the pressure on us just like that, and when asked a question about it, he said "I don't know, ask Ryker". Being fake like that is a scum tell as a whole, yes. Did you redirect a question to one of the other people on the push and unvote just like that? I don't think so.

"So obviously what you're saying is all bull ****..."

At that stage, I cared that he was concerned with scum hunting. I cared that he was taking strides forward. I don't count on Soup to be right. God knows I never count on anyone else to be right. I care that, at a part of the game where it would be easy to fade into the background, Soup didn't. Why is that sentence the vote worthy offense? Why is what I'm saying so obviously bull ****? You make a baseless comment there by calling something scummy that is not. Explain why it's scummy or explain why you blew it up as the lynch worthy offense when it isn't scummy.

If you looked at his unvote post, you would notice that he wasn't scum hunting at all. He said he didn't want to do anything. He gave up the pressure on us just like that and even refused to answer a question on it. Thats not scum hunting. Thats scummy play. You did nothing to this degree, yet you still defend Soupa for it, since TSN isn't pressuring you as well. We don't like it at all, and it still looks scummy. Your awful vote, ignoring the content on the soupa push, and your conversation with TSN is why we want you lynched. That line was definetly the point where our vote needed to be on you, but thats not the only reason why we want you lynched.

Not looking at 96 right now. Quote it for me and I'll address this.

Why? What's positive about it?

It's like a wagon. It gets reads, reactions, and it gets the general thoughts from the person being tunneled and the person tunneling.

Whatever man. You're saying that my reasons are bull****, but you aren't debunking them. My read on Soup changed. There's no comfortable way to move it, so let me ask you this: what motivation would I have to go to the trouble of putting myself into an awkward flip as scum? :troll:

You didn't look at the thought process behind Soupa's read. If you did, you would notice that he thinks tunneling is not always a scum tell, that he really thinks ZB is town, and that the reasons he gave for his read were legit. Yet you voted him for those reasons. I don't see any reason why scum OR town would do this.

Look at the beginning. Look at the sidelining. Look at me pushing to get reads from him. Look at when they come out. I had to work to get them and I still have a problem with the hesitancy to give them and the backdoors he left with them. I don't like him, but I'm not voting him and have not voted him for a reason.

Right before you asked: One read out and thoughts on you attacking TSN(something current going on, could be seen as a null-scum read).
First time you asked: two more reads out and he calls you out as odd(could also be seen as a null-scum read).
Second time: all of the reads were out in the public(you're a null scum read...).

You didn't pry for jack ****. Asking him twice (second time with more force, saying he didn't share reads when he obviously did) is not pushing in a good way at all. He was obviously willing to share reads with us, and he was commenting on things going on at the time. He showed that he had distaste in you (which leads to a bad read) before you even asked, which gave us two null-scum reads from him. After you asked the first time, a null-town and a null read. Reads on 4 out of 8 players in the game. The fact that he commented on what was going on at the time and that he gave thoughts on the push he was going after before you ask for more shows that your push wasn't needed at all and that he was willing to help the town. He gave reads on what you asked for right away, and he gave all of his reads after you called him out for not giving any reads, which was a straight up lie.

Did you not even bother to read the rest of that post?

This is why we didn't list this as a scum tell in the condensed version. W know we made mistakes in the case, and thats whatever. Thats why we listed the reasons for why we think you're scum in a post below.

Fairly sure he ninja'd me on that one. I know he did at one point.

If this is the case, why did you go into detail about how hard it was to get the information out of him afterwards. All it took was asking once and we already had reads on half of the cast from him. Explain please.

Do you think GLG is scum based on that information? If so, why is your vote not there?

GLG is scummy, yes. Because your play is scummier.

Except that I came out and stated that they were the same thing. I don't care if they looked different, I came out and said why they weren't and I was never shown why they were indeed different or why TSN didn't go equally on offense when I pointed it out.

I'M ATTACKING THE FACT THAT HE PUSHED SOUP OVER ME! I DON'T GIVE TWO ****S ABOUT SOUP'S LIFE AT THIS POINT!

You're dumb and wrong.

Thats all we got from this.

You're two different people, who unvoted in different ways, who unvoted for different reasons, and who played differently during the time as a whole. You didn't go "I don't have anything else to say. Unvote. Don't ask me that question. Ask Ryker." You didn't say you wanted to sit there and do nothing. Soupa's play is completely different from yours except the fact that you pushed the same person right after RVS, yet you think you should be voted and pressured just as much because you voted the same person right after RVS? Uhhh no? Your attack is wrong.

Desist with the defending Soup bull****. It's much more involved with attacking TSN's logic.

It looks like you were defending Soupa more than attacking TSN. That won't change.

They were perfectly welcome to come and say I was incorrect. To explain why they were voting me. To disprove my accusations. To push a case.

It never happened. Why?

They. Did.

Right before they called you out for Strawmanning. In the same post. That you referenced.

Beat the same drum over and over and it doesn't get any louder. I've already responded to both of these earlier in this post. You're trying to make your post bigger.

I put that there for convience for anyone reading the case, yet you want to call me scummy for it? Okaaaay. By the way, your response is exactly why I did that. I either have to remember what you said about this (you being ninja'd), or I have to go all the way back to the near top and figure out where you said this, possibly re-reading.

Please quote where so I can respond instead of making comments like that.

Below response. Bolded.

Your case is dumb and so are you. Was this Joey or Sword?

:172: made it.

Not in the slightest Ryker. It's the way you are misconstruing things that is making me not like you at all.

You strawmanned us a lot in your 137.
Me and Swords both agree'd that the case I made was poorly done, and it didn't focus on motivation. That's why we made the list afterwards instead of just telling CR to read the case again.

@CR:

Meta shouldn't be the deciding factor for scum tells, but he usually does have decent or good reasons to back up his votes. It does look weird on Ryker, yes. Ryker isn't the person to be dumb or miss stuff completely. He'll do whatever he can to win, though, so I don't see why using meta for this or anything for that matter will change anything.

@Content push: I think what you said is correct, yes. Not caring why people are doing what they're doing possibly?

You defined the Soupa defense part very well, and I agree with it fully.

#HBC | ѕoup

@everyone

Game faces, extend the deadline and let's get **** done.

Asid Wash

Asdioh|Washed Laundry
No, what? Why are we extending deadline when we have two other damn good options on the table right now? Just because Soup decided to claim and do **** now does not prevent a Broto/GLG lynch. We still have two very good routes to travel down, the only deciding matter is which one. Considering GLG has not been here, and we have a mild distaste for GLG ourselves, we are perfectly okay with a GLG lynch (it's better to get rid of him now than later). Broto can wait until tomorrow--he'll at least give me ****.

@whoever the **** asked: We see no reason to doubt his claim. The character lines up too well with the claimed role.

DatHydra

Seikend|th3kuzinator
Deadline extension isn't needed.

We're lynching GLG, not Ryker.

Soup. Explain to me wtf exactly went through your head this game in terms of strategy. I understand playing scummy enough to not get NKd, but what were you trying to accomplish by replacing out one day before the deadline while there was already support for your wagon. Did you honestly think your slot would be let of scot free once you requested replacement? Why did you let your slot stagnate for that long just to give it up to another play if your goal was survival? Are you fine with the GLG lynch because you think he's scum or because he's dead-weight? Read on Classy Raptor, since he's not on your town list.

332 set off danger flags. Regardless of the validity of Rykers point, that aggression was overly defensive.

@ZBlock: What is your read on PFP, again?

@AW: Why isn't your vote on GLG? I also want your answer to 327 and a SN read,

@TSN: Rationale behind your last minute switch to the Soup wagon. What criteria convinced both of your heads that he was scummier than Ryker despite you pounding that point home previously.

@PFP:

@PFP: I know you seem to be pretty dead-set on RykerScum, but would you be willing to compromise with me and save him for toMorrow? He'll be much easier to read by then, promise.

Asid Wash

Asdioh|Washed Laundry
Asid, do you believe Soup's claim?
Ninja'd by myself, but yeah, no CC of role or character, and the character apparently lines up the best with JoaT. I'm supposed to be the one that always gets JoaT though, what is this.

I pretty much agree. Soup is null, then add the fact that if he were part of a scum team he probably wouldn't be acting so stupid, whether it's because he would not want to let his scummate down, or because his scummate would yell at him for it.

Slightly WIFOMy, but that's why it's a very slight lean.

WIFOMy indeed, but I can see your point.

WL doesn't like this kind of reasoning, but he's a hardass.

DatHydra

Seikend|th3kuzinator
No, what? Why are we extending deadline when we have two other damn good options on the table right now? Just because Soup decided to claim and do **** now does not prevent a Broto/GLG lynch. We still have two very good routes to travel down, the only deciding matter is which one. Considering GLG has not been here, and we have a mild distaste for GLG ourselves, we are perfectly okay with a GLG lynch (it's better to get rid of him now than later). Broto can wait until tomorrow--he'll at least give me ****.

@whoever the **** asked: We see no reason to doubt his claim. The character lines up too well with the claimed role.
Good man. Glad someone else isn't crapping their pants over this.

Asid Wash

Asdioh|Washed Laundry
Sorry, was checking to see if there was room on the GLG wagon. There is.

unvote vote: GLG

Wait, why did I check, we're approaching deadline, it wouldn't really matter if scum quickhammered, would it?

ZacBlock

Smash Rookie
Probs gonna sleep soon... I'll make a post about Ryker tomorrow. I have to rethink things in light of recent posts anyways.

giraffelasergun:

Gonna mention his activity and get it out of the way now. He hasn't been around, or if he has been, he's lurking and not posting. This is inherently scummy, as it gives us little to work with, etc. etc.

No one would hydra with me... I guess I smell funny :(.

Also why are you so eager to get rid of the nonhydras?
Wouldn't it make more sense to randomly get rid of the people that are difficult to read instead of the ones who you can easily read?
Two posts questioning PFP's RVS behaviour. Two ways to read these posts, and both lead to contradictions later:
  • He is unaware that PFP is acting in RVS
  • He is aware, and is taking part in RVS by questioning PFP's RVS actions

Honestly, I didn't want to participate in the whole RVS thing, but I'm pretty sure we're out of it now.
This is in response to my asking why he is questioning PFP seriously, but not placing a vote. He dances around the question here. Additionally, he acknowledges that this is RVS. He says he does not want to participate, yet he is questioning the motivation behind PFP's RVS behaviour. Did he honestly expect to get anything other than "it was just rvs lol"? Unlike Ryker, who attacked PFP for being in RVS, GLG questions PFP for his votes, which will not produce any content. This all could be taken as GLG trying to seem active and serious without truly doing anything.

I do not consider this a strong point against him though... this could be town being awkward at the beginning of the game. I know I've felt this way before.

When he was rvsing he was being stupid and i'm going to assume he was being stupid fortehlulz but since rvs its been rather annoying. His response to soup's vote doesn't read like a defense but more of a subtle counter attack and was more of a way to make soup look scummier. I don't understand why you think his defense makes him town.
However, this is in response to a direct request by me for his stance on PFP. Note that no stance is really offered in this post. The closest to a stance is "i dont understand why you consider him town", which is essentially "null or scum" and is not strong at all. He was gearing up to apply pressure on PFP with his earlier posts, but now retracts that by saying he was just doing it "fortehlulz".

I wasn't encouraging it in 43, I was questioning PFP's absurdly dumb logic.

It would be contributing to rvs because i'd be responding to an rvs vote with another dumb vote.

@Asid: I don't particurally find it helpful to make a random vote in a game after a certain point in time that varies from game to game.
More defending himself... still not doing anything.

All of this. The top half is a catty sarcastic question that is basically "you're wrong wrong wrong wrong i'm right."

the second part you're just flat out attacking him.

You really like this whole cliche thing don't you?
This is a weak attempt at pressuring PFP again. It's still reactive pressure, as it is made in response to PFP challenging one of the points against him.

It does make me think you guys are scum, yes. Not enough so that I would go gun blazing on you guys and call for you guys to be lynched right now, but it makes me want to look at you more.

The points made against soup from what I've seen are(at least when I started this post) "he was too agro in the beginning but now he stopped" which I don't see why that is scum since there isn't really anything that happened yet that would make it reasonable to go full out scum. Although I don't really get is 108 because he says that zacblock didn't something tahts a null read that makes him town.
Watch how carefully he is treading with this post. Says he thinks PFP is scum, but then steps back and says not enough to push a lynch. Says he doesn't see scumSoup (note he is again saying "not scum" as opposed to "town"), but then qualifies that with a dislike of Soup's 108. This post once again offers no stance at all.

Now.... his most recent post, with his reads:

1. Acid Dough (Asdioh / WashedLaundry)- Not really a fan of these two. They come in here mildly and are delayed in making their first post and suddenly go in guns blazing and vote soup for saying you don't always have to be doing something even though they themselves didn't actually do anything at that point in time either which makes no sense to me. I'm probably just making a huge deal out of nothing since I'm sure as you guys get more active you will do work but I just found that interesting.
Calls AW hypocritical (and wrongly so... Soup had outright refused to cooperate, whereas AW had just been absent... purposefully misrepresenting AW, or just bad logic?). Then once again avoids taking a solid stance and says "oh i might be just making a big deal out of nothing".

4. ZacBlock (T-Block / UTDZac) Something about your guys playstyle doesn't strike a good tone to me. I get the feeling that you guys ask questions not becuase you think the person you're asking them is a wolf, but you ask them so that you appear to be scumhunting while making the other people look worse. Can you guys give me a quick summary as to why you're voting me again?
Subtle OMGUS, attempting to discredit us in an incredibly silly way. Calls our scumhunting faked, but provides no evidence for that claim. We can't even defend ourselves since it's such a weak case.

5. Ryker You have several people attacking you for dumb reasons which makes me want to think you're town.
Still no solid stance. Implied that he has no read on Ryker, except for a slight lean towards town due to the attacks ON him. No comment on Ryker's actual posts or actions.

7. PeopleFacePunch (Joey / Sworddancer) During RVS I thought you guys were stupid and or scum and should go immediately but you've been looking better since, although I do think you guys were a tad over defensive. You aren't my top pick for today.
Retracts the only scum "read" he had up to this point. Cool.

8. ~The Savage Nymph~ (Gova / J) I really, really, really don't like your vote on Ryker. From what I've read, you guys are the only ones that feel the way you do about ZacBlock and you just call him out for lying. Granted you do have other posts that are incriminating towards ryker, but the vote post itself was what i found worse.
There's a contradiction here contained completely within this paragraph. He acknowledges that TSN HAS made posts that incriminate Ryker, but still does not like TSN's vote on Ryker. How does that make any sense? "I see that you have reason to vote this player, but I don't like the fact that you voted him". Furthermore, he says there is evidence incriminating Ryker, yet the only thing he has to say about Ryker is that the attacks ON him make him seem town?

9. Soupamario I think soup's town.
And then bam, out of nowhere.

Now that I think about it, this does make me believe Soup more. I have more reason to have Soup leaning town now lol.

Do we even need the deadline extension? Let's just lynch this guy.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
This is a pain in the *** to respond to. Don't put words in quotes.

PFP said:
The vote accomplished making TSN looking townie. Voting TSN for that bad reason could have been for gauging reads (like CR said), which could be the motivation behind it. Afterwords you just became more scummy.
So it doesn't matter? Is it a scum tell or not. Where do you go there?

PFP said:
This was actually a joke -_-', although we kinda didn't like that you called someone out for buddying and then right afterwords you say "Hey, lets buddy!". Not a scum tell, really.
Then why the **** did you put that there? It was put down to look like it was a scum tell when it is not. You're padding your case.

PFP said:
You're calling things SvS instead of TvS? You both said that it could be S/TvS. You calling someone out for something like that (especially when its a null tell), and doing it right afterwords is not townie in the least.
I'm not doing that. I'm doing the opposite. I'm making it clear that I'm not ruling out the possibility of TvS. It never said that it was SvS. It never implies that it was SvS. It says that it could be SvS, but I don't know there at all.

PFP said:
Okay so we worded it wrong. You showing that you "want to put Soup on my town list." is what we were refering to. You felt that he was scummy, yet you said you wanted to put him on your town list because of the push from TSN. I'll admit that the push thing was dumb though.
I still don't get why this is a scum tell.

PFP said:
@ Question: Yep. Completely.

It looked extremely fake. He gave up all of the pressure on us just like that, and when asked a question about it, he said "I don't know, ask Ryker". Being fake like that is a scum tell as a whole, yes. Did you redirect a question to one of the other people on the push and unvote just like that? I don't think so.
Why is it a scum tell?

So? That's not the question at hand at all because TSN never brought that up.

PFP said:
If you looked at his unvote post, you would notice that he wasn't scum hunting at all. He said he didn't want to do anything. He gave up the pressure on us just like that and even refused to answer a question on it. Thats not scum hunting. Thats scummy play. You did nothing to this degree, yet you still defend Soupa for it, since TSN isn't pressuring you as well. We don't like it at all, and it still looks scummy. Your awful vote, ignoring the content on the soupa push, and your conversation with TSN is why we want you lynched. That line was definetly the point where our vote needed to be on you, but thats not the only reason why we want you lynched.
After the fact doesn't matter at ****ing all. I voted Soup after the fact. What mattered about it was that wasn't the point that TSN was pushing.

PFP said:
It's like a wagon. It gets reads, reactions, and it gets the general thoughts from the person being tunneled and the person tunneling.
And all of that can't be accomplished without tunneling?

PFP said:
You didn't look at the thought process behind Soupa's read. If you did, you would notice that he thinks tunneling is not always a scum tell, that he really thinks ZB is town, and that the reasons he gave for his read were legit. Yet you voted him for those reasons. I don't see any reason why scum OR town would do this.
Except that I was pushing the EXACT OPPOSITE. That tunneling is always a scum tell and that ZB wasn't a dead set town read.

PFP said:
Right before you asked: One read out and thoughts on you attacking TSN(something current going on, could be seen as a null-scum read).
First time you asked: two more reads out and he calls you out as odd(could also be seen as a null-scum read).
Second time: all of the reads were out in the public(you're a null scum read...).

You didn't pry for jack ****. Asking him twice (second time with more force, saying he didn't share reads when he obviously did) is not pushing in a good way at all. He was obviously willing to share reads with us, and he was commenting on things going on at the time. He showed that he had distaste in you (which leads to a bad read) before you even asked, which gave us two null-scum reads from him. After you asked the first time, a null-town and a null read. Reads on 4 out of 8 players in the game. The fact that he commented on what was going on at the time and that he gave thoughts on the push he was going after before you ask for more shows that your push wasn't needed at all and that he was willing to help the town. He gave reads on what you asked for right away, and he gave all of his reads after you called him out for not giving any reads, which was a straight up lie.
If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I distinctly remember him not giving reads when asked, and then when I tried again, he gave himself a backdoor on the reads he did give. I remember later being ninja'd when I went to call him out again and seeing reads. What motivation does scum Ryker have for pushing for reads if he knew they were out there?

PFP said:
If this is the case, why did you go into detail about how hard it was to get the information out of him afterwards. All it took was asking once and we already had reads on half of the cast from him. Explain please.
Look above. Answer is up there.

PFP said:
You're two different people, who unvoted in different ways, who unvoted for different reasons, and who played differently during the time as a whole. You didn't go "I don't have anything else to say. Unvote. Don't ask me that question. Ask Ryker." You didn't say you wanted to sit there and do nothing. Soupa's play is completely different from yours except the fact that you pushed the same person right after RVS, yet you think you should be voted and pressured just as much because you voted the same person right after RVS? Uhhh no? Your attack is wrong.
Yet you are the one who has to come out and say this. Hell, some of it happened after the fact and shouldn't be relevant. TSN never gave a satisfactory answer regardless of how I put the comparison up. It's a weak point. It's hella easily dealt with, but he never did it right. He never went into reasons as to why it's different after I put them on a level playing field he said, and I'm probably paraphrasing, "You're null and not worth looking into at the moment."

PFP said:
It looks like you were defending Soupa more than attacking TSN. That won't change.
OK, then why is defending Soup any more scummy than you defending TSN?

PFP said:
They. Did.

Right before they called you out for Strawmanning. In the same post. That you referenced.
Did I not respond to that? I'm fairly sure I responded to a strawmanning accusation saying that I really didn't care about the rest of the Soup case.

Getting to the other bit and to the thing CR posted.

#HBC | ѕoup

>___________________________>

k, guess i'll crunch in twilight.

Asid Wash

Asdioh|Washed Laundry
Yeh, I hit submit reply too fast.

We think one of Ryker and TSN is scum. Based on their limited interactions with one another, I have a hard time viewing them on the same scum team and, by process of elimination, both cannot be town (I really can't see a GLG/PFP scum team).

@Soup: You sat there all day and did nothing, don't punish us because you decided it was more worthwhile to do it.

ZacBlock

Smash Rookie
@DH: My read on PFP is town. However, a big reason for that is that I'm fairly confident in my scum reads at the moment, and there's no room for PFP on the scum team >_> Some of his recent posts have been... not great. I'll need time to process the recent spat with Ryker.

ZacBlock

Smash Rookie
Ryker:

Misrepresentation of TSN:
  • 95 - first point against TSN; implies TSN is pushing Soup only for his case on PFP and wonders why he doesn't push Ryker as well
  • TSN says several times (eg - 96, 116) that he is not pushing Soup only for the PFP case
  • 131 - once again attacks TSN for treating the same tell differently; implies TSN is acting only on the tell of the push on PFP
  • 303 - still insisting TSN's logic is flawed
  • 353 - only now acknowledges that his point was weak, saying it was "hella easily dealt with", but now attacks TSN for never defending it well, despite several defenses from TSN; what was he expecting?
As has been noted by multiple players, the push on TSN is full of holes. He misrepresents TSN's actions more than once, and tries to paint him as scum for it. Moreover, this is clearly not a push to gauge a reaction from TSN. He wants TSN mislynched.

===============

Defense of the cases against him:

His treatment of PFP's case also deserves mention. While I agree the original case is not presented strongly, I find the defense odd.

Look at the way he addresses individual points in 303 and 353. Much of the defense is just firing questions back at PFP ("do you consider this a scum tell?", "where do you go from here?", etc.). In some cases, I can see these are rhetorical questions made to make a point. In others, however, he is simply avoiding defending himself, asking PFP to elaborate on his points, as if hoping he will botch the continuation so that he can attack that and undermine the case that way.

The way he defends himself is a smaller point overall, but it deserves its own section because of this quote in 303.

Ryker said:
Do you think GLG is scum based on that information? If so, why is your vote not there?
In the middle of his defense against PFP, he comes out with these questions. These aren't even addressing the case on him anymore - it's a redirection back onto PFP, questioning PFP's vote placement. Pretty reaching defense imo.

===============

Inconsistency in dealing with "non-commital" players:
  • 102 - jumps on me for sidelining
  • 112 - accuses me of not giving reads
  • 117 - GLG comes in with a post where he is completely wishy-washy with stances on PFP and Soup; no solid reads given here
  • 131 - again accuses me of dodging giving reads
  • 133 - says GLG is leaning scum; no mention of GLG being non-commital

Yeah, this is a little ridiculous. He accuses me several times of being non-commital and dodging giving reads, yet GLG is around, actually dodging giving reads and Ryker takes no note of it. Take special note of 117. GLG says PFP is scum, but then steps back and says he would not push their lynch. GLG says Soup is not full scum, and then says he doesn't like one of his posts. This is basically the definition of read dodging. What is Ryker's response? "I like this post".

When asked specifically about GLG, he says in 133 that he is leaning scum. No reasoning provided, no mention of read dodging whatsoever. Moreover, he is called out specifically for this in 145, which he ignores.

===============

Interaction with GLG:
  • 133 - says GLG is leaning scum, but no reasoning given, no mention of his read dodging
  • 135 - likes GLG's post where he is soft on his stances, despite making it clear he considered dodging giving reads a scum tell
  • 145 - I ask him specifically why he is not on GLG's case for dodging giving reads; he ignores this despite making posts soon after
  • 307 - says GLG might be scum
  • 312 - says he did not care much about GLG; lurker, but okay because he was parroting Ryker
  • 328 - votes GLG, with no reasoning given; occurs after Soup's claim

Now, specifically dealing with GLG, if we assume GLG is scum (putting this out there now in case I get NK'd toNight and can't present this point toMorrow), this is why Ryker is also likely scum. He has been treating GLG differently from any other player. Dodging giving reads is acceptable for GLG for some reason. Compare the way he treats me and the way he treats GLG and it should be obvious. The reasoning he gives, much later, is that he is fine with GLG because he is parroting Ryker. This contradicts his distaste for not giving reads. Parroting allows a player to get by without producing any original content. It's a way of blending in, so why would Ryker be okay with it here? The parroting point feels more like Ryker not being able to find a way to defend his prior interaction with GLG. Ryker also straight up ignores the specific call out with regard to his behaviour towards GLG. He reads and posts after my 145, but does not address it.

Also, from GLG's side, he has not mentioned Ryker at ALL except for 192, where he contradicts himself all over the place with regard to Ryker. He first says the attacks on Ryker make him think he's town, but there is no mention of any of Ryker's own actions. The implied read is null with the attacks on Ryker making him lean town. The lack of opinion on Ryker is telling in itself. Then when he gets to TSN, he acknowledges that TSN has made posts that incriminate Ryker, yet he does not like the vote on Ryker. He makes no mention of these posts in his paragraph on Ryker.

PeopleFacePunch

Smash Rookie
Okay, so this half of the hydra (Swords) has caught up. After consulting with Joey, we both agree that one of Ryker or GLG should be the lynch for the Day. We used to also want to lynch Soup, but in light of his claim we'll cease from him for now.

Ryker, a lot of your criticism's about our case I can not respond to, because a lot of them simply have to do with how the post was made. I did not write the post, so I do not know how Joey was going about the actual process of making the post. However, both you and ZB have questioned what scum motivation we find in your play, especially when it comes to the "bad play" Joey has pointed out, and that I can answer. The primary scum motivation that we have detracted behind his play is this: The will to simply portray someone as scum rather then actually catch scum. The bad play that we have pointed out is the evidence for this. His pushes against TSN especially stand out.

Calling TSN scum on things like "he's attacking the weaker player Soup" and "he should of attacked us to" feel extremely week, considering that TSN made their reasoning for attacking Soup very clear.

Plus, where could someone even plan to go with that type of pressure? You accuse him of attacking the weaker player, they defend against it, and then what? How can TSN possibly hope to disprove an accusation like that? Is your read on the player going to be any better for calling them out on "attacking the weaker player instead of the player they should of also attacked according to my logic that we were somehow doing to same scummy thing (even though you weren't)."

Calling people out on generic, incorrect scum tells is the kind of stuff that convinces us that Ryker's just looking for something to paint scummy rather then actually find something scummy.

---

About GLG. We agree to the case against him. Besides from his inactivity (which I (Swords) only take as a minor scum tell, we also do not like the weak stances he has been taking.

@DH: We would perfer Ryker dead toDay. However, we will also be fine with a GLG lynch if the wagon for toDay moves his way.

Btw, on an unrelated note, I keep thinking you're Dark Horse every time anyone refers to you as "DH." >.>

Now to get to Ryker.

This is a pain in the *** to respond to. Don't put words in quotes.
:3. Whatevers easier for me to respond to. Especially if this quoting thing doesn't work >.>

So it doesn't matter? Is it a scum tell or not. Where do you go there?
What doesn't matter? Your post? If the vote you had was poorly made and used BS reasoning, then I don't see a reason to drop that despite of the mentality you had when you made said post.

Then why the **** did you put that there? It was put down to look like it was a scum tell when it is not. You're padding your case.
Because... its a joke? >_> Adding jokes to my cases is something I personally do(even though its usually only one or two), and they're usually indicated/made obvious by starting them with "Lol". That won't change.

I'm not doing that. I'm doing the opposite. I'm making it clear that I'm not ruling out the possibility of TvS. It never said that it was SvS. It never implies that it was SvS. It says that it could be SvS, but I don't know there at all.
What? No seriously, what? You voted someone for saying they think that Soupa v PFP could be TvS, that being the ONLY REASON GIVEN, yet you say that Soupa v TSN could be SvS. This combined with the only reason given for voting TSN looks suspicious and scummy. The fact that you tried to defend it afterwards doesn't make it any better. Voting for a really bad reason is a scum tell, and this just makes the vote above look worse and more like a scum tell instead of dumb play or pressure, since it makes us feel that you don't believe in what you're shooting TSN for. Motivation: Attempting to paint TSN as scum instead of scum hunting.

I still don't get why this is a scum tell.
It really isn't after thinking about it for a while. I said we were wrong about this anyways. I said why we thought it was suspicious, but I also said we were wrong.

Why is it a scum tell?
If your play is extremely fake, if you're giving up pressure just like that, and if you're rebounding questions to another player on the push (showing that you had no interest in the push), then its simply the fact that hes not showing any signs of scum hunting at all, and it makes people feel that the whole push against me wasn't because he thought what we did was scummy or needed pressure, but simply just to look townie and pressure the person with the most power behind their wagon. To put it really simple: It shows that he could have been wagoning instead of scum hunting that whole time.

So? That's not the question at hand at all because TSN never brought that up.
What? I give you the reasons for why he looked fake, and THIS is how you respond? Its like you're ignoring the reasons behind anyone thinking his scum hunting and push against me could have been fake. TSN brought up the unvote post for sure. When he did, you just continued with your whole attacking the weaker player and "why aren't you pressuring me as well" bull****.

After the fact doesn't matter at ****ing all. I voted Soup after the fact. What mattered about it was that wasn't the point that TSN was pushing.
After the fact? What? His push on us was fake and his unvote post was ****. That is what TSN was pushing at the start, yet you still spewed the "attacking the weaker player" and "I should be pressured as well" bull****.

And all of that can't be accomplished without tunneling?
So tunneling is always a scum tell because it can be accomplished through different ways? Wrong.

Except that I was pushing the EXACT OPPOSITE. That tunneling is always a scum tell and that ZB wasn't a dead set town read.
Thats not what I'm saying at all. The fact that Soupa doesn't view tunneling as a scum tell, and the fact that he didn't have ZB as null-scum like you, along with his attempts in scum hunting is more than enough to put him as a town read. Yet, since it doesn't agree with your thoughts (tunneling is always a scum tell, ZB wasn't a town read), you vote him for it. That's what it looks like from our PoV. The fact that you're attacking him so hard for this alone is a scum tell simply because it looks like an attempt to wagon instead of an attempt to scum hunt, since he is an easy target and the reasons you gave were BS. Motivation: Blend into the town, make it look like you're scum hunting.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I distinctly remember him not giving reads when asked, and then when I tried again, he gave himself a backdoor on the reads he did give. I remember later being ninja'd when I went to call him out again and seeing reads. What motivation does scum Ryker have for pushing for reads if he knew they were out there?
Aaaand you're wrong. Gave 2 reads before you asked, gave 2 more after you asked once, then gave all of them after you asked twice. This point is null and I suggest you drop it completely. Motivation: Act like you're scum hunting, trying to get information from the town to determine who to night kill.

Look above. Answer is up there.
Kay.

Yet you are the one who has to come out and say this. Hell, some of it happened after the fact and shouldn't be relevant. TSN never gave a satisfactory answer regardless of how I put the comparison up. It's a weak point. It's hella easily dealt with, but he never did it right. He never went into reasons as to why it's different after I put them on a level playing field he said, and I'm probably paraphrasing, "You're null and not worth looking into at the moment."
It was obvious that you/Soupa were different when they said "I have you as a null" and that they were pushing Soupa as a scum read. I'm still lost at how you can even think that you should be pressured for doing one or two things that are similar to what he did. The fact that you went into this so much more when it was so un needed is just complete BS. It also looks like you were whiteknighting Soupa and it looked like an attempt to redirect pressure from him onto yourself, since you're asking you to be pressured for what he's doing, and it could be seen as an attempt to nullify pressure against him.

OK, then why is defending Soup any more scummy than you defending TSN?
Lol. Redirecting pressure I see. Scum tell if it wasn't obvious.

Difference between you defending Soupa and us "defending" TSN (I don't see how we're doing this) is that we believe that TSN is townie, that what he's been pressing has been 100% true, and that what you're pushing him for is complete and total BS. We're not really defending them though. We're pressing the same things he was, sure, and we're stating why TSN did what he did, but we're not defending him. You didn't attack TSN at all in our discussion until this post that I'm responding to right now, so we didn't have anything to defend against. Show us where we were defending him.

Did I not respond to that? I'm fairly sure I responded to a strawmanning accusation saying that I really didn't care about the rest of the Soup case.
What? You called him out for strawmanning, and that was his response. He said why you were wrong with your vote in the part we bolded, yet you ignore that and talk about strawmanning again? Not good. Ignoring the content of the push on yourself (this is what that looks like) is a scum tell.

Getting to the other bit and to the thing CR posted.

ZacBlock

Smash Rookie
As for the Ryker, which seems the be the largest wagon as of now, we think he's straight up town. A lot of PFP's points on him are phrased in such a way that make them seem scummy but, in reality, they're null tells at best.

Reading through the thread, probably the scummiest thing I could find from Ryker is here.

Which I'll admit is grimy as **** because its painfully obvious that SN was just targeting Soup because he was a topic of discussion, not because he was the weaker player. Most everything else that Ryker has said, though curt, has matched up with Seik and my thoughts very well. The exception to this being his SN scum read, which both Seik and myself get a pretty strong town vibe from.

@Zacblock: You may have already answered this, but why does a scumGLG flip implicate a scumRyker? Is the opposite of this true?
Well DH, you now have my response to this I believe? Both sides treat each other in a way that's not consistent with the rest of their play. I would say it does work both ways, although scumRyker implying scumGLG is not as strong.

You said you haven't been able to find much wrong with his play... what do you have to say about the case I presented? Don't worry about letting Ryker respond first. I'd like to hear from you as well.

Top Bottom