• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ducktales Mafia - Game over

Classy Raptor

Smash Rookie
My presence in RE4 was pretty much non-existent.

And, I went through and modified his with the tells I found through his thoughts. I built off of his case.

What do you think of the case now?

Asid Wash

Asdioh|Washed Laundry
I never said I disagreed with it. :v

Actually, I agree with it. It wasn't blatantly obvious you were modifying it (I was wondering what the +# parts were about) to improve it and, from my point of view, it looked like you were just agreeing with it. Knowing you built off it helps. I'd rather sit on Soup for the moment but I do think and agree Broto is scum. He's been sitting #2 on my list for awhile now.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Yeah, apologies gheb, i'm not up to playing

request replacement

don't take any of my play here legitimately, i put on a smug facr for intimidation, then i just sorta lost track on what i wanted to do.

i still wanted to play, so that's another reason i tried my play, but in the end, i'll give this to another slot.

Asid Wash

Asdioh|Washed Laundry

request replacement

don't take any of my play here legitimately, i put on a smug facr for intimidation, then i just sorta lost track on what i wanted to do.

i still wanted to play, so that's another reason i tried my play, but in the end, i'll give this to another slot.

Our vote's already on Soup, right? This is where it belongs, since WL says so.

Still, I'm going to read the thread more thoroughly now. brb reading the thread more thoroughly

Asid Wash

Asdioh|Washed Laundry

request replacement

Will talk to Asidoh and we'll react accordingly when he and I have gotten together about reads. He's currently rereading, I'll give him time.

@Raptor: I think I've repeatedly said that at worst, it's a policy lynch, but I thought it was scummy because he was adamantly refusing to give us anything as compared to simply being unable to, such as a lurker or inactive.

Asid Wash

Asdioh|Washed Laundry

request replacement

Classy Raptor

Smash Rookie

request replacement

ZacBlock

Smash Rookie
@ZB: Motivation behind his posts? Do you think he has any good motivation in the posts I quoted?
Bad play does not imply scum. You pointed out a lot of bad play, but you didn't really point out much scum play. CR's continuation of your case was more what I would consider a good case. I don't think you're scummy for the original case though, as I don't see a reason for town or scum to do that.

I want **** from Soup. I'm not going to get **** from Soup unless he comes down off his high horse and realizes he is, in fact, lynchable. Do not fault me for wanting to get reads and a read from him.

I do believe Broto is scum. Just that specific post you reference--166--is not why I think he's scum. I want him to get back to me on the questions I asked him earlier before I make a definitive flip to him.
Nah, I'm not faulting you for wanting a read on Soup. Though you can't deny that it is a good way to get through the Day seeming active, while not really making connections at all. It's a thought, not an accusation yet.

I'll have to re-read, but it feels like you only started coming down on Ryker after it was clear he would be a primary lynch candidate. When you came into the game he was already under pressure, but you sorta dismissed it. I'll look this part over tomorrow.

Wrong. Going after you is circumstantial based on Ryker. And there is no certainty in this, I said it was a stretch. That's why I'm not placing too much faith in it, and only FoS'd you. However, you did not weigh the option of TvT. Do you have knowledge the rest of us do not possess, TSN?
You placed your vote on Ryker, wanting to lynch him as scum. Then you wonder why people aren't weighing the option of TvT when talking to you. Do you have knowledge the rest of us do not possess?

:squirtle:

DatHydra

Seikend|th3kuzinator
Unvote

SUP. Kuz here after just finishing the thread.

I've been talking to Seikend on aim about Soup's slot for awhile now and we've pretty much come to conclusion he's scum. I did a complete ISO on him and havn't found one speck of content from that slot the entire game, just posts saying "I will do something when I am ****ing ready," which is just followed my more johns and then a subsequent request replacement. In other games I've seen Soup as stubborn town, despite him putting on a show of arrogance, he'd always buckle down and actually contribute content when he needed to. It wasn't difficult for him to take an avenue he thought was questionable and push it. His play here is all reactive and plainly shows that he doesn't have the initiative to scumhunt. This is very uncharaceristic of townSoup and I think its because he knows that any path he takes this game is complete bull****.

I think he realized his slot might be an eligible candidate for a lynch so he wanted to save his slot by replacing out at this point in time, knowing he wouldn't be putting any effort into the game before the deadline.

However, I've had some bad experiences chasing players replace out before the deadline and I'd like to see the impressions Zen gives me. As it stands now I want that slot dead at deadline if we are split or toMorrows lynch at the very least.

DatHydra

Seikend|th3kuzinator
As for the Ryker, which seems the be the largest wagon as of now, we think he's straight up town. A lot of PFP's points on him are phrased in such a way that make them seem scummy but, in reality, they're null tells at best.

Reading through the thread, probably the scummiest thing I could find from Ryker is here.

Because it makes no sense. Soup is always pushing and I don't know why you fault him for it. Then you push Soup on it instead of me. You don't even mention me, nor do you mention Asid Wash. Instead you stay on the weaker player. Why is that?
Which I'll admit is grimy as **** because its painfully obvious that SN was just targeting Soup because he was a topic of discussion, not because he was the weaker player. Most everything else that Ryker has said, though curt, has matched up with Seik and my thoughts very well. The exception to this being his SN scum read, which both Seik and myself get a pretty strong town vibe from.

@Zacblock: You may have already answered this, but why does a scumGLG flip implicate a scumRyker? Is the opposite of this true?

@PFP: I know you seem to be pretty dead-set on RykerScum, but would you be willing to compromise with me and save him for toMorrow? He'll be much easier to read by then, promise.

@Raptor: Why the quick switch from the GLG to the Ryker wagon despite saying you wanted GLG dead first? Regardless of PFP's case, which one of those two do you personally think is scummier?

@SN: Thoughts on the now replacing out Soup slot.

DatHydra

Seikend|th3kuzinator
Derp, smashboards ate my GLG post. Meh. This is the abbreviated ISO.

Wouldn't it make more sense to randomly get rid of the people that are difficult to read instead of the ones who you can easily read?
GLG's third post (out of 9) and the first one he actually contributes anything worth mentioning.

Non content. Just some comments about game mechanics/strategy.

Honestly, I didn't want to participate in the whole RVS thing, but I'm pretty sure we're out of it now.
I wasn't encouraging it in 43, I was questioning PFP's absurdly dumb logic.

It would be contributing to rvs because i'd be responding to an rvs vote with another dumb vote.

@Asid: I don't particurally find it helpful to make a random vote in a game after a certain point in time that varies from game to game.
Next few posts he just talks about his dislike for RVS and again tries to talk about the legitimacy in strategy behind using such a phase. Makes a comment that PFP was using dumb logic in passing, but refrains from clarifying whether that makes PFP scum and also does not place his vote anywhere despite acknowledging the game was out of RVS.

All of this. The top half is a catty sarcastic question that is basically "you're wrong wrong wrong wrong i'm right."

the second part you're just flat out attacking him.

You really like this whole cliche thing don't you?
GLG finally beings branching out on something besides mechanics and, surprise, its bull. PFP's response to Soup's was a bit over-defensive at most and nowhere near as strong as GLG makes it out to be.

He's right in saying that Sword's second part was a counter-attack, but that has nothing to do with GLG's pointthat PFP was subtly attacking Soup. It was pretty obvious that PFP was just defeating attacking Soup's points on him normally, nothing underhanded about it.

Then singles out one of Soup's fluff posts and comments on it. GLG had never mentioned Soup up until now and had solely focused his attention on PFP.

It does make me think you guys are scum, yes. Not enough so that I would go gun blazing on you guys and call for you guys to be lynched right now, but it makes me want to look at you more.

The points made against soup from what I've seen are(at least when I started this post) "he was too agro in the beginning but now he stopped" which I don't see why that is scum since there isn't really anything that happened yet that would make it reasonable to go full out scum. Although I don't really get is 108 because he says that zacblock didn't something tahts a null read that makes him town.
PFP picks up on what I was talking about wrt GLG not taking a hard stance on him (or anyone for that matter) and responds with this. GLG says he thinks PFP is scum but still doesn't place his vote on the grounds that he isn't sure on his read yet.

Again, mentions Soup but in a different manner this time. He tries to defend Soup by twisting the case on him to "he was too agro in the beginning but now he stopped" and tries to use that as a basis to call Soup null. Except, the real reasoning that was presented in thread before GLG's post can be seen here and here.

GLG even mentions that he doesn't like 108 because Soup calls zblock town for a null-tell, which means he is aware of Ryker's points, yet still breaks down the Soup case as basless for attacking him solely because "he was too agro in the beginning but now he stopped." Dislike.

GLG is giving special attention to Soup and has been trying to defend him without making it look like he is actually in his corner. I would have normally just overlooked this but it stuck out at me during my Soup ISO and it lines up with the type of scumbuddy defending I would expect out of GLG.

Alright, I'm here. Anyway I don't really have many questions to ask but I do have reads on several players so I'll go ahead and give you guys the reads so you can be happy.

In order of the player list:
1. Acid Dough (Asdioh / WashedLaundry)- Not really a fan of these two. They come in here mildly and are delayed in making their first post and suddenly go in guns blazing and vote soup for saying you don't always have to be doing something even though they themselves didn't actually do anything at that point in time either which makes no sense to me. I'm probably just making a huge deal out of nothing since I'm sure as you guys get more active you will do work but I just found that interesting.

2. giraffelasergun- *insert comment about how this is myself*

3. Chaco Who?

4. ZacBlock (T-Block / UTDZac) Something about your guys playstyle doesn't strike a good tone to me. I get the feeling that you guys ask questions not becuase you think the person you're asking them is a wolf, but you ask them so that you appear to be scumhunting while making the other people look worse. Can you guys give me a quick summary as to why you're voting me again?

5. Ryker You have several people attacking you for dumb reasons which makes me want to think you're town.

6. DatHydra (Seikend / t3hkuzinator) I'll have to see more of these two to actually decide anything on them.
7. PeopleFacePunch (Joey / Sworddancer) During RVS I thought you guys were stupid and or scum and should go immediately but you've been looking better since, although I do think you guys were a tad over defensive. You aren't my top pick for today.
8. ~The Savage Nymph~ (Gova / J) I really, really, really don't like your vote on Ryker. From what I've read, you guys are the only ones that feel the way you do about ZacBlock and you just call him out for lying. Granted you do have other posts that are incriminating towards ryker, but the vote post itself was what i found worse.

9. Soupamario I think soup's town.

Brief version:

Chaco, DH, and Asid Wash are null.
Soup and Ryker town. PFP might be town.
I feel like TSN and ZacBlock are probably scum, but the way they interact with each other I don't think they'd be on the same scum team. However, imo they are the two scummiest players right now.

Going with Vote: ZacBlock.
uhguhguhgughughgugghughgughughgugh @ the bolded. Says he doesn't like AW on the grounds that he came in guns blazing on Soup (notice how he brings everything back to Soup?) and then at the end of the freaking paragraph discounts everything he just said and says its probably nothing to worry about. This is exactly what I was talking about above with him subtly defending Soup without trying to make it look like he's actually on his side.

lol @ his omgus on ZacBlock. Pretty easy to make statements such as "your questions look like you're just trying to appear to scumhunt" but its tough to back them up. I looked over ZacBlock's posts that came before this and I definitely didn't get a sense of fake scumhunting from that slot. Uses this as a basis to vote ZB and says "his playstyle doesn't strike a good tone to me."

Just notice that GLG is all over the place with many of his reads. For instance, his PFP read says "I thought you were grody early game, but you've since gotten better, but you were still a tad over defensive, but you aren't my top pick for today." His SN read is "I don't like your vote on Ryker, yet you do have some incriminating posts from him, but I still don't like your vote anyway." Like he's literally all over the place with his accusations (and somehow calls Ryker town despite acknowledging that SN had good points on him) and then look at his Soup read.

9. Soupamario I think soup's town.
Literally out of nowhere. And thats all she wrote.

Vote: GLG

Want Soup dead equally as much but as I said above I don't want to be hasty wrt his lynch because I have done so in the past with others replacing out and gotten ****ed over for it. Want that slot dead toMorrow even more upon a scumGLG flip.

As explained before we think SN and Ryker are town and we also think that Acid and ZacBlock are leaning that way because their unprompted pushes line up with what we're going for. We're null on both Raptor and PFP mostly because PFP's case on Ryker holds a lot of air (however GLG's push on him and subsequent removal makes me a feel a tad better) and Raptor has been playing the IC, trying to break down and overanalyse fairly simple concepts such as here. I've never actually seen how Chaco plays to this could be textbook Chaco but it just looks like he's very conscious of asking everyone's thoughts after every point he makes. Seems a little overcautious.

@Raptor: Can you explain your suspicion of SN? I read your post a few times but I still don't really see what you're getting at.

@Ryker: Don't let my town read on you rot. I want you to respond in full to the stuff PFP has brought up against you.

@AW: If you had the chance to shoot Ryker this instant, would you take it?

DatHydra

Seikend|th3kuzinator
Well that actually wasn't that abbreviated. Whatever.

myself said:
@Raptor: Why the quick switch from the GLG to the Ryker wagon despite saying you wanted GLG dead first? Regardless of PFP's case, which one of those two do you personally think is scummier?
Also noticed that after going back to ISO GLG I mixed up a few names. I thought you said something that was actually said by ZB, so just ignore this.

GLG wagon go!

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Players replacing out has affected my reads in the past. Was just curious if your read changed from null-scummy because of his display.

I've been talking to Seikend on aim about Soup's slot for awhile now and we've pretty much come to conclusion he's scum. I did a complete ISO on him and havn't found one speck of content from that slot the entire game, just posts saying "I will do something when I am ****ing ready," which is just followed my more johns and then a subsequent request replacement. In other games I've seen Soup as stubborn town, despite him putting on a show of arrogance, he'd always buckle down and actually contribute content when he needed to. It wasn't difficult for him to take an avenue he thought was questionable and push it. His play here is all reactive and plainly shows that he doesn't have the initiative to scumhunt. This is very uncharaceristic of townSoup and I think its because he knows that any path he takes this game is complete bull****.

I think he realized his slot might be an eligible candidate for a lynch so he wanted to save his slot by replacing out at this point in time, knowing he wouldn't be putting any effort into the game before the deadline.
Your entire reasoning of SoupaScum in your first paragraph is a simple meta reasoning. We don't like it.

Second part is bleck too, it's also WIFOM. Incorporating someone's replacing out to call them scum is underhanded.

As for the Ryker, which seems the be the largest wagon as of now, we think he's straight up town. A lot of PFP's points on him are phrased in such a way that make them seem scummy but, in reality, they're null tells at best.
No they are not to be taken as null tells at best. So do you think PFP's case is twisting?

Why do you have Ryker as "straight up town."?

Your GLG case is also extremely reliant on the connections to Soupa considering he is scum. You do realize that we have like 24 hours till deadline because Days last 7 days and the game started on the 21st. It's almost the 28th.

FoS: DatHydra

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Your entire reasoning of SoupaScum in your first paragraph is a simple meta reasoning. We don't like it.

Second part is bleck too, it's also WIFOM. Incorporating someone's replacing out to call them scum is underhanded.
Its not, actually. Try reading things before you respond. Soup has done literally done nothing the whole game and has stalled on providing content all leading up into replacing out. That's scummy in itself. It also directly contrasts what I would expect from townSoup which is why I find it incriminating. See the quotes I put in the GLG post as for further reasoning that I agree with.

Its not, actually. Try reading things before you respond. Soup has done literally done nothing the whole game and has stalled on providing content all leading up into replacing out. That's scummy in itself. It also directly contrasts what I would expect from townSoup which is why I find it incriminating. See the quotes I put in the GLG post as for further reasoning that I agree with.
Bolded = Meta. You say the reason you find it incriminating is because it contrasts with what you normally see from townSoupa.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
No they are not to be taken as null tells at best. So do you think PFP's case is twisting?

I clearly say I think much of it is full of air. I am going to refrain from commenting on it because I want to see how Ryker responds to it first.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Are you really trying to play word games with me here?

I said he's straight up town because I think he's straight up town, what kind of question is that?

DatHydra

Seikend|th3kuzinator
Actually it's not just what we say, it's the truth. Meta/Gut is purely a weak reason to call someone scum because it holds no air.

You have nothing to support this besides your word.
Right, which is why I said its not only meta and gut, his play has been downright scummy and it contradicts how townSoup would play it. What part of that don't you understand?

I've been talking to Seikend on aim about Soup's slot for awhile now and we've pretty much come to conclusion he's scum. I did a complete ISO on him and havn't found one speck of content from that slot the entire game, just posts saying "I will do something when I am ****ing ready," which is just followed my more johns and then a subsequent request replacement.
This is your reasoning for SoupaScum. It's pretty much a generalization of everyone's thoughts on him. Your reasoning for Soupascum is also a connection case(which are weak) to GLGscum.

DatHydra

Seikend|th3kuzinator
This is your reasoning for SoupaScum. It's pretty much a generalization of everyone's thoughts on him. Your reasoning for Soupascum is also a connection case(which are weak) to GLGscum.
Actually its not a generalization of everyone else's points and who are you to tell me that this has no merit? I further detail why he's scum in my GLG post. Read it.

I clearly say I think much of it is full of air. I am going to refrain from commenting on it because I want to see how Ryker responds to it first.
This is pertaining to PFP's case, not your Ryker read.

You didn't answer the more important of the two questions.

Are you really trying to play word games with me here?

I said he's straight up town because I think he's straight up town, what kind of question is that?
Let us rephrase it for you to understand:

Explain your RykerTown read.
I explained it in the exact same post you quoted the above form. Try reading.
*facepalm*

Yes, now read down the page 2 inches.
Explain why you have Ryker as obvtown. You've yet to do so and we would like to know why he is town to you.

Top Bottom