• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dubuque, Iowa Tournament Discussion - October 13th

Dark Hogosha

Smash Apprentice
sorry bout the short leave of absence, forgot my password.

aight, i and going to try to put together a list of people that are going to this. but please, only confirm that you are coming if you are 100% sure of coming. the main reason i do this is because i have been informed that there will also be a Guitar Hero 2 tourny that day as well (i do not know the details of this tourny but i can get the info is need be). so if this get big enough i may have to talk with the owners to see if its possible to still have both without being jam packed in there.

ALSO, i have been told that we also can use the equipment there, so not as many people need to bring tvs, but i still need GCs, Wiis and copies. if anyone can bring a station, i will love them forever. as far as entry fees go, im going to have it $10 for singles and $20 per team in doubles (members of Area 51 get half off). i am also tryin my hardest to get the biggest payout that my bosses will allow.
GH2 tourney the same day? Uh, should I start getting a back-up plan/place ready, just in case?

Crashmania

Smash Journeyman
hey i wanna get in on that gh2 tourney as well, is there any chance of being able to do both?

Chaos Ogre

Smash Rookie
talked to the owners about the GH2 tourny, they said it wont even be hosted at 51. its gonna be hosted at a bar in town. so we are still good on the venue.

sink_to_the_beat

Smash Rookie
I am coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (this is Andrew by the way) I can also bring a cube and a copy of the game

Echo

Smash Champion
i could have sworn i've said this before... but yes i'll bring a setup >.>

as far as confirmed people go, we've got Smeesh, Mo, Mike Falco, and Myself... probably Secks., too... but its likely we wont know on him until last minute.

lol why was this planned so far away again? gah October 13th...

Fall

Smash Ace
No ride for Fall anymore Echo?? =[ I could probably find one elsewhere though if you dont got the room just let me know =]

Echo

Smash Champion
well, i'll have to let you know, wouldnt surprise me if a person or 2 backed out at the last minute lol... you might want to try to find a ride just to be safe.

MTKD

Smash Apprentice
I'd take u fall, but I think I'm going to have a full house and we were going to stay at Henrys house the guy who uses NOVA as a SN and use Samus and they live in a aprt. and can't have many people.

TehYoon

Smash Journeyman
I still have no clue if I'm going. If I go, I'll give you a ride Ian, If you chip in for gas. Anyone else need a ride?

Echo

Smash Champion
so it is 5150 then? man do you need to ***** your way out of another 20$ MM with me? could you please just do it this time, please... so you can finally stfu...

:) <3 Iowa

Dark Hogosha

Smash Apprentice
so it is 5150 then? man do you need to ***** your way out of another 20$ MM with me? could you please just do it this time, please... so you can finally stfu...

:) <3 Iowa
No, that's Crash up there. Was more talking about when 5150 got Crash's other name banned.

The money match stuff, however...carry on, please.

Echo

Smash Champion
lol thinking about it, it might actually be more upsetting if that came from Crashman... *sigh*

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Anyone needing a ride post up. Im going to go.....if i can get a full car or pretty darn close. Because gas is well like....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I got room for 3 more people

Fall

Smash Ace
Well like I said this once but I will need a ride most likely but I dont know if you want to goto Des Moines might be a little out of your way. And Kintehr said her and Gary would need rides you could get them.

Echo

Smash Champion
yeah Fall I know for sure now that we're not gonna have room >.> in fact we may be cramming 6 in the car if Yosh decides to come lol

oh and we definetely need to do crew battles here...

TehYoon

Smash Journeyman
Yea I can chip in like 20$

At the current gas price. It's like what, 2 dollars per gallon so my dad's van gets like 20 some miles to the gallon, 20 bucks = like 10 gallons, 200 miles or so for 20 bucks. Sounds resonable if I did the math right, I never have been good with math so correct me if I'm wrong. Anyone else need a ride?

Echo

Smash Champion
2 dollars a gallon!??! get outta the nineties dude lol :p you better run your estimates off of 3 dollars, Iowa is usually pretty good for gas prices though.

TehYoon

Smash Journeyman
2 dollars a gallon!??! get outta the nineties dude lol :p you better run your estimates off of 3 dollars, Iowa is usually pretty good for gas prices though.
That's still pretty fair for 20 bucks o.o And I haven't checked gas prices for a while.

Fall

Smash Ace
Well if you can give Dv02(Tim) a ride then that will be another 20$ but yea 40$ for gas isnt to bad I dont think but idk get back to me. And yea crew battles would be sweet maybe Nebraska vs The world?? jk =]

TehYoon

Smash Journeyman
Remind me to ask Mike Falco how he stays buff and has smash skills. I keep picturing him with a weight in one arm and a controller in the other. LULZWONHANDEADKTHNXPWNT.

Top Bottom