• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dubuque, Iowa Tournament Discussion - October 13th

A51 Vivi

Smash Rookie
Just wanted to let everyone know that if they will need a place to stay after this tournament, you are all welcome to stay at Area 51. If you want us to we are willing to stay open that entire night, we have a room upstairs that you can sleep in, and we can keep playing Smash all night, no need to unhook anything unless someone who brings something leaves.

ukir_reverse

Smash Rookie
ok well I can go for sure. I have a friend who will be most likely going (i found out about the tourney from him in the first place.) so you can mark down 2 more people. Also if the need still be, I can bring a GC with a copy.
and i had a question.. dunno if its been answered in previous posts... but say if i were wanting to compete in both the singles and the doubles?would that be possible? as in are the two diff sections of the tourney at different times?

ukir_reverse

Smash Rookie
Just wanted to let everyone know that if they will need a place to stay after this tournament, you are all welcome to stay at Area 51. If you want us to we are willing to stay open that entire night, we have a room upstairs that you can sleep in, and we can keep playing Smash all night, no need to unhook anything unless someone who brings something leaves.
And thats freaking awesome! Count me in... haha

Faellie

Smash Apprentice
Hey! Rawrmoo isn't your friend, is he? That scamp. :D

There isn't pre-registration, but just be there at 12 and we'll get you all signed up in plenty of time. It's great to hear that you're coming!

I'm not sure whether we're doing Singles or Doubles first.. suggestions?

I know doubles are the traditional 'first', but it seems to me that the local noobies will play doubles, see how bad they are, and leave. :p

Fall

Smash Ace
Maybe singles first might be good at the tourny I had in August almost 30 people showed and played in doubles but aout 13 people did singles not cool =\

ukir_reverse

Smash Rookie
ok and i dont think rawrmoo is.. could easily be.... haha i dont know his user name for this site... i would guess itd be CKC something... but i dunno.. and why is rawrmoo a scamp?? haha...
and also id personally want to do doubles first.. just for like a warm up for the singles... or the other way around i dont mind eaither way. but i know my friend and i will be there the whole time.. and shooting for that all night thing there. thatd just be awesome.

ukir_reverse

Smash Rookie
and you know.. im just curious.. but for all whos going and are reading this... what are the characters going to be sed looking like? im prolly going to be using marth. maybe ness.

MTCKC

Smash Rookie
I'm tempted to say singles first, but as long as I get to play I'll be happy. I'm Ukir's aforementioned friend btw. <_<

Me, my game, and my Wii will be there.

Also, what are we gonna do after both tournaments are over, free play matches?

Faellie

Smash Apprentice
There will be free play. The LAN Center might stay open all night so people can sleep there/smash all night, like Vivi said in his post.

I know there was a mention of crews, too, but that'd just be a "for fun" thing... and the tournament will probably take a really long time, so, meh. Idk. It'd be pretty small, too. (How many would we have? 4?)

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Im guessing that ill show up to this. Kinda of depends if I can get the following Sunday off.
But Ill be willing to take any one's mummy

zyroqwa

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I should make a post now. Just wanted to ask your opinion on an issue I am having...

Okiedokie...

I have been talking to about 3 people at my school, they play smash sorta, and they have shown interest in going to Dubuque. The thing is that I would have to give them rides. Then I would have to get my dad to drive me then. Though might have to deal with the other kid's parents in having them come back at a certain time. Although I would have to deal with gas payment stuff.

I was also asked by Kintehr, sister, if I would like a ride from the Nebraska peoples. If I go with them then I wouldn't probably have to leave early like what happened late in the summer but then I wouldn't have to deal with the planning of taking other people's kids to Dubuque.

In kids I mean people as old as me.

Anyways what is your opinion?

VagrantLest

Smash Cadet
Okay, I should make a post now. Just wanted to ask your opinion on an issue I am having...

Okiedokie...

I have been talking to about 3 people at my school, they play smash sorta, and they have shown interest in going to Dubuque. The thing is that I would have to give them rides. Then I would have to get my dad to drive me then. Though might have to deal with the other kid's parents in having them come back at a certain time. Although I would have to deal with gas payment stuff.

I was also asked by Kintehr, sister, if I would like a ride from the Nebraska peoples. If I go with them then I wouldn't probably have to leave early like what happened late in the summer but then I wouldn't have to deal with the planning of taking other people's kids to Dubuque.

In kids I mean people as old as me.

Anyways what is your opinion?
More people is awsome but i dont want ou to have to leave earlylike last time : (

Echo

Smash Champion
TJ check you pm's fool :)

but yeah i should have room for 2 more people if they need rides and are on the way... just pm me cuz all i have for posting atm is my wii ^-^ lol

Top Bottom